Extreme Weather Edits

• Thread starter leeislee
  • 341 comments
Oh my so much better with the originals. I love seeing amazing pictures and seeing the mediocre before pics. It just makes the amazing pics even more amazing.

awesome shots :bowdown:.........I wanna know how to do those

For my shot with the standing snow, I painted white on certain areas, then I "burned" it so that it became darker according to the light source. For my next shot I'm going to try water, but water is much more harder to do, as it makes things more shiny than usual.

hksrain.jpg

The large globs look odd; try changing the settings in that effect... too large to be water droplets. Not bad though!

Bigger Is Better!
2yownzs.jpg

I realized I didn't do some basic editing in all this - there's still a few 'jaggies' on the car :lol:

Last edited:
The large globs look odd; try changing the settings in that effect... too large to be water droplets. Not bad though!

I see what you mean, thanks for the tip, and nice Challenger pic also.👍

Thanks - i am about to redo a pic I did of the Range Rover, that I did back in the GT4 days :D

Last edited:
Not bad; an easy trick is to use a vertical blur and then fade it back. You can also do it at whichever angle the rain is going, works wonders for "reflections" of the background & sometimes of the subject car as well.

You need a reflection of the wall, because you have a reflection of the car, if that makes sense.

Nice work; but I think the lights look a little off. The wiper is a lil distracting, but a good shot all-in-all!

reflections are a little heavy, especially over the white (would be reflective) lines, but good work.

suzq044
reflections are a little heavy, especially over the white (would be reflective) lines, but good work.

True. But, you are making an awesome beginning for extreme weather edits, NB. 👍

Back