◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,417 comments
looking for a top secret drafting partner in D4 for qualifying. Must be able to drive in front of me at speed, and bump draft me when behind. PM or PSN message me.

just a random idea ... draft on, collisions on ... qualify time enlarged and only 1 car at the track allowed, or 2 if each are on opposite side of the track...

Outlaw. That would enlarge everything to much. Us east coasters race until past midnight, and get up far to early to race later. And vise versa, west coasters would have to start to soon and miss Sunday dinner if we start sooner. Besides the logistics to coordinate such an occurance

What you could do if you really want to make it about the driver and get rid of drafting is 1 lap qualifying. Send 4 or 5 at a time with the room host saying when to leave the pits and you get 1 lap then done. It would take less time than what we're doing now. Just a thought if you really want to avoid the draft in qualifying.

Hill, that might be doable. The room host would tell each person when to leave the pits, until there is no room on the track. Drivers would then get an out lap, and one or two hot laps, then START MENU back to pits. Rinse and repeat till the field has qualified. This would ensure each driver has the same opportunity to set their best lap.

If that proves to be a huge hassle, I'm fine with drafting being on during qualifying. I do my best to leave a good gap to the driver ahead of me. But if someone tries to draft off me I'll pull off the racing line. By now most people should have an idea where drivers in their division usually qualify. If you know you are usually faster than the driver ahead of you, leave a larger gap before you start your hot lap.

What you could do if you really want to make it about the driver and get rid of drafting is 1 lap qualifying. Send 4 or 5 at a time with the room host saying when to leave the pits and you get 1 lap then done. It would take less time than what we're doing now. Just a thought if you really want to avoid the draft in qualifying.

This is more along the lines of what I'm thinking. Not the 1 lap qualifying part, but the splitting of the field into two 5-minute qualifying sessions (just like we did at Tsukuba a couple weeks ago when we used the motorcycle chicane).

This would give the qualifying drivers more space to spread out and would also provide a way the drivers non-qualifying drivers a chance to monitor the drivers who are in the current qualifying session. The two main things they would look for are drivers who are too close to each other and drivers who aren't keeping two wheels on the track at all times.

We've already used this method before, we may just have to use it more than originally anticipated due to this most recent of idiotic decisions by PD. Whatever we end up deciding to do, it won't involve allowing drivers to team up to improve their qualifying times.

My initial reaction is that I kinda like this idea. It might make qualifying results less predictable, which would be fun for all but the 2-3 people that usually top it in each division.

There are probably some kinks that would have to be ironed out, but it doesn't seem all that different from what we did at Tsukuba with the moto chicane.

Edit: Ninja'd by Zero (who apparently types faster than me :))

This is more along the lines of what I'm thinking. Not the 1 lap qualifying part, but the splitting of the field into two 5-minute qualifying sessions (just like we did at Tsukuba a couple weeks ago when we used the motorcycle chicane).

This would give the qualifying drivers more space to spread out and would also provide a way the drivers non-qualifying drivers a chance to monitor the drivers who are in the current qualifying session. The two main things they would look for are drivers who are too close to each other and drivers who aren't keeping two wheels on the track at all times.

We've already used this method before, we may just have to use it more than originally anticipated due to this most recent of idiotic decisions by PD. Whatever we end up deciding to do, it won't involve allowing drivers to team up to improve their qualifying times.

The only thing about doing more laps is that people will catch each other and/or start working with each other. If I had one lap I wouldn't take the risk of possibly getting slowed by the person I'm trying to draft but if I have a few I'll take the risk because I can go again. Also if someone wants to team up with me it gives me a chance to work with them and vice versa if there's multiple laps.

On trying to police people getting an advantage from the draft I think that will be next to impossible to do fairly. What if I'm on my hot lap and the guy ahead of me spins out or I just catch him because I'm faster and I get a draft off of him. Am I cheating if I finish the lap in his draft? The point I'm making is I think either make it 1 lap qualy or just let it be. There's no unfair advantage from having the draft because anyone can use it. It's not like you get the draft and I don't. Yea sometimes you will get out qualified by someone who's lucky but I'll bet that the results of qualifying will be pretty much the same because the faster drivers will figure out how to use it to their advantage.

Let's run one Sunday the old way, with draft, and see how it works out. We can argue about level of draft real life vs gt5 but it is there. I think it makes qualifying that much more interesting and strategic, while shaking things up a bit. If free run draft had been there since day 1 we would argue if it were to be removed.

Anything else just complicates q time and the juice might not be worth the squeeze.

Last edited:
On a side note, the Weider HSV is sloooooowwwwwww, compared to it's older brothers and sister in the Super GT category. The SC430's outpaced it in the straights :/

Your Steward Report for the Week

Division 1

doodlemonoply
  • Level 1 - 2 points and one week probation

fiestauk / SPEED14231234
  • Several incidents of four wheels off. 5 points

Division 4

moutonguerrier / Maxime0911
  • Multiple penalties during Round 1 / Race 2. Race DQ - 16 points doubled to 32 due to probation. Six week probation remains

Division 5

DSM4G64AyoManny / AyoManny1
  • Level 2 - 7 points and two week probation

Count 210 / zxxCOUNT210xxz
  • Level 2 - 5 points doubled to 10 due to probation. Four week probation remains

DRaKeWiLD / DRaKeWiLD
  • Level 1 - 1 point
  • Level 2 - 5 points
  • Total - 6 points doubled to 12 due to probation. Four week probation remains

iroquois / iroquois--
  • Level 2 - 7 points
  • Level 1 - 4 points
  • Total - 11 points doubled to 22 due to probation. Six week probation remains

Jfin / Jfin07
  • Level 1- 3 points doubled to 6 due to probation. Six week probation remains

KuulKrinne / Kuulkriine
  • Level 1 - 3 points
  • Level 5 - 17 points
  • Total - 20 points doubled to 40 due to probation. Six week probation remains

OUTLAW---666 / OUTLAW---666
  • Level 2 - 6 points
  • Level 2 - 7 points
  • Level 3 - 11 points
  • Total - 24 points and six week probation

These changes affect the final standings.

Priest8 had the most points in any division with 90 and wins Prize A.
A_Higher_Place had 89 and gets Prize B
Spooble also had 89 and wins Prize C
doodlemonopoly took 86
dgafaboutany1420 had 85

Congratulations, everyone.

Full final results can be found here.

***If you were penalized and would like further explanation regarding the incident, just PM your Division Steward and they will let you know what the stewards saw and our opinions on it.***

would like too try this league, have been racing 4 about a year and a half, and feel im ready 4 some serious competition, hee, hee..... sounds like this would b fun

Great, back to Spa.

As for the nobody could catch devious or mopar. Speak for yourselves. I could catch either one of them if it was one on one. I couldn't run them down when they worked together and I couldn't run them down when they had their personal blocker working for them.

I will rise like the Phoenix in 12 days.

Back