• 287 comments

What cars to run next season

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
United States
California
hillracing
7375653288_33b033905c_o.jpg

Welcome SNAIL drivers and anyone else that may be interested.

The Idea

This will be a racing series that runs four weeks during November, on Tuesday evenings, 10:00 p.m. Eastern. The first race will be on 6 November.

There will be two groups of people involved in this. These two groups will be vying for points separately.

Tuners

Tuners will build a car to the regulations. Tuners will win points for their cars. Drivers will be put into teams of two drivers, each, but a Tuner can supply tunes for more than one team of Drivers. The points will not be cumulative, so the Tuner will be judged on his best performing team.

Drivers

Drivers will be grouped into teams. They will be tasked to run races over four weeks in a car built by one of the Tuners. They will win points individually, and they will win points for their Tuner.

Rules
Teams
Teams must run the same car.
Teams must run the same color.
Teams may tune and re-tune a car as many times as they want during the season, and even between rounds on the same evening.
Tuners
Tuners will be primarily responsible for building the cars to be raced. They can take driver input, but their decision for set up is final.
Drivers
Drivers will respect the setup as prescribed by the Tuners. They may give input, but Tuners' decisions are final.
Drivers will respect the GT Planet OLR, and will be subject to disqualification.
Drivers must have unique numbers. Priority is given to number of weeks in SNAIL.
Drivers may change their wheels and may paint them any color.

Regulations

Cars

The cars for this series and specs for them will be:

The Nissan Silvia Spec-R Aero (S15) RM '02. No added parts other than Adjustable LSD. 286 HP 1000 Kg 498pp.

The Honda Integra Type R (DC5) RM '04. Upgraded ECU, Sports Intake Manifold, Racing Air Filter, Sports Exhaust Manifold, Sports Catalytic Converter, Adjustable LSD. 281 HP 950 Kg 488pp.

The Mazda Roadster TC. Stage 3 engine tuning, Mid RPM Turbo Kit, LSD. 257 HP 795 Kg 516pp.

Tires: Race Hards.

Event Settings

Start Type: Grid Start
Boost: Off
Penalty: Off
Visible Damage: Off
Mechanical Damage: Light
Slipstream Strength: Weak
Tire Wear/Fuel Consumption: On
Grip Reduction on Wet Track/Track Edge: Real
Regulation Settings
No Skid Recovery Force
Driving Line Off
No Active Steering
No TCS
No ASM

Drivers in first place will receive 16 points, second will receive 15, and so on.
Tuners will receive the same points from each driver on their team.
For both individual and team scores, each drivers lowest score will be dropped. This, in effect, gives each driver a "bye week".

Races

All race sessions will be held at 22:00 Eastern time.
All race sessions will be held in the SNAIL_Division2 lounge (send a friend request if you haven't already).
Race sessions will be scheduled as:
10 Minutes: Qualifying for Frist Race
20 Minutes (approx): First Race
Ballast Adjustment
20 Minutes (approx): Second Race. Grid will be based on results from previous race.
Ballast Adjustment
20 Minutes (approx): Third Race. Grid will be reverse results from previous race.

Ballast

After each race, success ballast will be assigned as:
1st will receive 75 Kg
2nd will receive 50 Kg
3rd will receive 35 Kg
4th will receive 20 Kg
5th will receive 10 Kg
third from last will lose 10 Kg
second to last will lose 20 Kg
last will lose 30 Kg
Success ballast will be cumulative over a session, but will not carry over to the next session.
After each session, success ballast will be assigned based on championship standings. Drivers will start the next session with that ballast. The ballast assigned by standings will be:
1st 50 Kg
2nd 40 Kg
3rd 30 Kg
4th 20 Kg
5th 10 Kg
Cars will not drop below the initial weight.

Schedule

6 November:
Indy Road Course (12Laps x 3)

13 November:
Autumn Ring/Reverse (15Laps x 3)

20 November:
Daytona Road Course (10Laps x 3)

27 November:
Grand Valley East/Reverse

Last edited:
Current Teams

• dabneyd (dabneyd) #8 and kcheeb (kcheeb) #76 Black with Bronze wheels driving a S15 built by Oshawa-Joe
  • hillracing (hillracing) #1 and Turbo91stdcivic (Turbo91stdcivic) #81 in Pearl Gray driving a Roadster built by hillracing
  • AP1 (RidgelineDiv) #55 and BeRandom (GTP_BeRandom) #21 in Matte Light Blue driving a Roadster built by hillracing
  • Oshawa-Joe (Oshawa-Joe) #17 and Spooble (Spooble) #15 in Gold driving a tune built by Oshawa-Joe
  • Veloci_2nr (Veloci_2nr) #13 and Freshseth83 (Freshseth83) #2 in Matte Red driving a Roadster built by Freshseth83
  • Chiochan (ChuthuluGoat) #30 and zeromisfit999 (lifesagamble420) #93 in Matte Purple driving a DC5 built by Iceandspice
  • Wolfsatz (Wolfsatz) #9 and Iroquis (Iroquis) #34 in British Racing Green driving a S15 built by Iceandspice

Available Tuners
Oshawa-Joe
Iceandspice with a DC5

Interested Drivers
GTP_mike46an2

Last edited:
The Spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsHW2ID1WUvndHI1Zmd1VG01akNwRTJ4czVoVGhNeEE#gid=6

STATS season 4 Champions

Constructors Championship:

1st Hillracing Pearl Grey 230 points
2nd Oshawa-Joe Gold 216 points
3rd Oshawa-Joe Black 208 points
4th Iceandspice Purple 172 points
5th Hillracing Matte Light Blue 149 points
6th Freshseth83 Red 141 points
7th Iceandspice British Racing Green 109 points

Drivers Championship:

1st Veloci_2nr 141 points
2nd Hillracing 134 points
3rd Spooble 113 points
4th Dabneyd 111 points
5th Oshawa-Joe 103 points
6th Kcheen 97 points
7th GTP_Berandom 96 points
8th Turbo91stdcivic 96 points
9th Lifesagamble 92 points
10th ChuthuluGoat 80 points
11th Wolfsatz 59 points
12th RidgelindDiv 53 points
13th Iroquis 50 points

Last edited:
I'm in 👍

EDIT: as Dabney's teammate 👍

Last edited:
As am I as kcheeb's teammate. Same numbers as last season I'm sure. We'll announce a color soon.

I'm definitely in with #55, though I would need a teammate and a tuner.

I will be driving from my primary account, which is RidgelineDiv... 👍

Last edited:
I'm in as a driver with #21.

AP1, would you like to be my teammate and rep Matte Light Blue?

antepenultimate will lose 10 Kg
penultimate will lose 20 Kg
ultimate will lose 30 Kg

I think I can figure out what this means but just to clarify. What?

antepenultimate will lose 10 Kg
penultimate will lose 20 Kg
ultimate will lose 30 Kg

I think I can figure out what this means but just to clarify. What?

LOL I was thinking of rewording this. Just did a copy and paste of last seasons rules. Ultimate is last, penultimate is 2nd to last, antepenultimate is 3rd from last. I'll change the wording so it makes sense.

LOL I was thinking of rewording this. Just did a copy and paste of last seasons rules. Ultimate is last, penultimate is 2nd to last, antepenultimate is 3rd from last. I'll change the wording so it makes sense.

It makes sense if you learn the words.

I'll join for next season, and can race the remaining race of this season if you'll let me. Place me in one of the NOT DC5s :P

I will be running in this series, especially since if (when) I come in last I receive the title of Ultimate, sounds better than last!:sly: Vol Jbolaz, are you going to be my partner again, or do I have to go fish?

I'll join for next season, and can race the remaining race of this season if you'll let me. Place me in one of the NOT DC5s :P

Next week will be a down week for the series. Vol might run some parity racing but we had our last race of last season on Tuesday. BTW if you want to tune also you can be a tuner and driver.

Sorry I'm late, but I would like to join as teammate with Spooble. We'll use the same car if possible. Gold #17.

I'm also interested in continuing as a tuner.

To all the tuners out there, Team Matte Blue would love for one of you to support us. We are a determined team with our sights on winning the championship.

I think you can pick the tuner you want. You may want Hill or dabneyd but I will help if needed.

I would like to sign up as driver. Like the success ballast, it will balance the field over the course 👍

Prefer DC5

Last edited:
Things are looking pretty good so far with 12 drivers signed up. 👍 Those who have a team but no tuner listed please let me know when you've decided on a tuner and who that will be. I'm thinking that each tuner should have at most 2 teams. Also once you have decided on which car you want to run let me know. If while testing you find one car has an unfair advantage please inform me so I can adjust the specs. I found they were very close for me and that at some tracks one car might have a bigger advantage but others might be slower. Also if anyone has suggestions for tracks let me know otherwise I'll just pick some.

I'd be interested in this with the Mazda roadster. I gotta question, are the tuners designated or can there be one added?

It makes sense if you learn the words.

+1

Besides, antepenultimate sounds better than next to next to last.

Vol Jbolaz, are you going to be my partner again, or do I have to go fish?

I'm going to take a break. I can only handle but so much soul crushing defeat at a time.

I expect tire wear to be an issue for the DC5, but I also wonder if being a front-wheel drive and less tail happy might make someone like me less prone to wrecking.

I would probably just understeer off into some tree.

I'd be interested in this with the Mazda roadster. I gotta question, are the tuners designated or can there be one added?

Anyone can tune. You can tune for yourself or if you find someone else they can tune for you. You just have to have a team mate. I'll add you to the list of drivers. Just let me know when you've found a team mate and who your tuner will be once you know.

Hillracing, I wonder if you would be so kind as to provide the tunes for Team MLB...?

Last edited:
I'm interested in joining someone's team. I don't feel like tuning; I kinda just want to jump in the car and drive. If anyone is looking for a teammate, pick me :)

Back