Extreme Weather Edits

• Thread starter leeislee
  • 341 comments
eigerevotcphotoshop01lsjsp.jpg

The drops on the screen are so blurry on purpose.

The rain seems very heavy, so fewer drops would improve the photo. And rain doesn't always fall in the same direction, so give it a 1-2 degree variation. And have some opacity variation too to give the rain some depth because the farther away the rain is, the less visible it is.
Other than that, it is good for a first try. 👍

lilmann73
The rain seems very heavy, so fewer drops would improve the photo. And rain doesn't always fall in the same direction, so give it a 1-2 degree variation. And have some opacity variation too to give the rain some depth because the farther away the rain is, the less visible it is.
Other than that, it is good for a first try . 👍

Thanks for the advice i will work on making the rain look better next time i do a photo that's got weather.

Looks great in lightbox

I'm in the autumn mood. Only wish i could drive my Aston around enjoying it for real!​

I almost feel bad for ruining the page with this shot...:indiff:...

but,(insert evil laugh here*) I am evil :mischievous::eek:

Looks a bit like a painting, but not bad at all. I'd recommend to blur the reflection though. An advent calendar with that picture would be nice haha..

Reflection kills it... but the rain effect looks very good! 👍

Its a bit common to see bad reflection edition (the mini above for ex). :S Except 4/5 guys that do it right. But its a thing that anyone can learn :)

I'm sorry... I'm probably the only one who dislikes the snow shots. Why do I you ask? Because, well, living in Iowa, means I'll see the white-stuff very soon. ;) Anyways, love the shots, all!

I'm sorry... I'm probably the only one who dislikes the snow shots. Why do I you ask? Because, well, living in Iowa, means I'll see the white-stuff very soon. ;) Anyways, love the shots, all!
Snow is great!
snow-087.gif

Ice on the other hand is...
Fm2wj.gif

Last edited:
Reflection kills it... but the rain effect looks very good! 👍

Its a bit common to see bad reflection edition (the mini above for ex). :S Except 4/5 guys that do it right. But its a thing that anyone can learn :)

I'm sorry what? The reflection is blurred, I don't understand how much more realism I could add? :ouch: Light refraction perhaps? 💡

I don't see what was wrong with my reflection work.

I'm not sure if you're just nit picking, but it seems as if you've got something against my edits? Never anything positive to say, and please don't take that in a harsh way. I'm just dumb founded on why you seem to have such a negative opinion on my work. :nervous:

BkS
I'm sorry what? The reflection is blurred, I don't understand how much more realism I could add? :ouch: Light refraction perhaps? 💡

I don't see what was wrong with my reflection work.

I'm not sure if you're just nit picking, but it seems as if you've got something against my edits? Never anything positive to say, and please don't take that in a harsh way. I'm just dumb founded on why you seem to have such a negative opinion on my work. :nervous:

I'm going to only speak for myself here.
The reflection skews from the left. If you look at the rear left quarter panel, a straight vertical line should pass through it and it's reflection. It angles to the left a bit. A skew to the right will make it exponentially more realistic. 👍 That's probably what he was talking about.

I'm going to only speak for myself here.
The reflection skews from the left. If you look at the rear left quarter panel, a straight vertical line should pass through it and it's reflection. It angles to the left a bit. A skew to the right will make it exponentially more realistic. 👍 That's probably what he was talking about.

Well I didn't mention it before but I agree. Mostly its the angle of it which is not right.

Of course... Good I'm not the only one who sees it.

Bks, I'm not here to say "it's awesome" when it's not. I told the reflection was wrong and you reply me like that? Ok. I'll never comment your pictures again. And by the way, when did I told you something wrong or bad with your work? I barely now you. I said the rain effect was very good and I mean it. Don't mock on me just because you can accept criticism.

edit: leeislee told you reflection defies the laws of physics and you replayed: "cheers mate". I told you reflection was wrong and you thought I was nit picking. In your gallery you have many great comments on that Supra edit its true. But unfortunately people was being kind or blind. Anyone told you the true... Fortunately here, on this topic, 4 different users saw it. You should be thankful (not to me, but in general, to every person that tells you something is not right with your edit work). 95% of your gallery is very good and your style is very unique as well. But that doesn't mean your perfect (as all of us aren't).

edit2: I'm sorry for being frontal and direct. I don't use euphemisms in English.

Last edited:
Back