◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,782 comments
Here are the official results from our league night on November 4th, 2012

Click here for detailed results and statistics

Division 1
  1. JoeyFast22 -------- voted to eliminate Round 1 Wins Prize C (scored 89 points)
  2. Nic-KL ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. hillracing -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. QwietStorm03 ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. GumballCGT -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. OwensRacing ------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. dgafaboutany1420 -- voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. jlbowler ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  9. dabneyd ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  10. albtifosi --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  • VELOCI_2NR -------- DNR
  • gatordaryl -------- DNR
  • SPEED14231234 ----- DNR
  • TSR_KOSMIC_CAN ---- DNR
  • SPOLTY ------------ DNR
  • ADR_BRONCO -------- DNR
  • mrjones_80 -------- DNR
Division 2
  1. wackylatino ------- did not submit a vote (scored 79 points)
  2. AJK-VAIL ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. Drrgreenthumb67 --- voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. DrKronin ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. kcheeb ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. Whitey093 --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. Ice_Warden -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. AG07WRXTR --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  9. kendawg198 -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  10. tcrash15 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  11. Oshawa-Joe -------- did not submit a vote
  • GTP_pilmat -------- DNR
  • NCemtB ------------ DNR
  • Turbo91stdcivic --- DNR
  • racefan78 --------- DNR
  • Soren535 ---------- DNR
  • SPIDERMANLOL1 ----- DNR
  • A_Higher_Place ---- DNR
  • BerdiyevA --------- DNR
Division 3
  1. ChuthuluGoat ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  2. moi_2212 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. Apmaddock --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. Maxime0911 -------- voted to eliminate Round 2 (scored 87 points)
  5. Astrias ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. Luv2Coach --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. rallywgn81 -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. zer05ive ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  9. RAM_SAM ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  10. tezgm99 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  11. dragonwhisky ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  • spooble ----------- DNR
  • GTP_BeRandom ------ DNR
  • ravy1316 ---------- DNR
  • Schmiggz ---------- DNR
  • sethfraz22 -------- DNR
  • chevbacca46 ------- DNR
Division 4
  1. dangerzone641 ----- voted to eliminate Round 3 Wins Prize B (scored 91 points)
  2. GTP_mike46an2 ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. RidgelineDiv ------ did not submit a vote
  4. GTP_SGPracing ----- voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. lifesagamble420 --- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. Sandblazter ------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. Wolfsatz ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. weaver-2009_ ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  9. ExoSphere64 ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  10. cmbeal317 --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  11. Skills_19657 ------ did not submit a vote
  12. Da_Panda_Bear ----- did not submit a vote
  • Vol_Jbolaz -------- DNR
  • jobyone ----------- DNR
  • ZohsixGT5 --------- DNR
  • whatbadgerseat ---- DNR
  • II-NOVA-II -------- DNR
  • donconater -------- DNR
  • Millerhd ---------- DNR
  • sudmanster -------- DNR
Division 5
  1. KuuKriine --------- voted to eliminate Round 1 Wins Prize A (scored a PERFECT 100 points)
  2. cosasquez --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. iceandspice ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. zxxCOUNT210xxz ---- voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. TEX-36 ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. Handlebar-Man ----- voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. iroquois-- -------- did not submit a vote
  8. canuckleheadII ---- voted to eliminate Round 3
  • THRASH_46 --------- DNR
  • Jfin07 ------------ DNR
  • DRaKeWiLD --------- DNR
  • the2armedmen ------ DNR
  • OUTLAW---666 ------ DNR
  • sunnypuff --------- DNR
  • Obi-Tonobi -------- DNR
  • jboy32 ------------ DNR
  • jrumley ----------- DNR
  • Priest8 ----------- DNR
  • TeNsE_PwNdZ ------- DNR
  • AyoManny1 --------- DNR
  • g-MachineREX ------ DNR
  • atongo619 --------- DNR
  • Wambo626 ---------- DNR
The round that received the most elimination votes was:
ROUND 2 - Audi R8 5.2 FSI quattro '09 @Trial Mountain Circuit

Therefore it has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since KuuKriine wins Prize A, he gets to decide which car and track will replace it.

The round that received the second most votes was:
ROUND 3 - Chevrolet Camaro SS RM '10 @Road Course - Daytona

Therefore, either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since dangerzone641 gets Prize B, he gets to decide which is replaced and what replaces it.

Price C goes to JoeyFast22 so he gets any gift car ticket listed here.

Last edited:
Division 5 photos

Race 1 & 2
Lotus Elise RM '96 @Autumn Ring / Reverse

33cw7bq.jpg

b3wv12.jpg

28ktu9l.jpg

s3dger.jpg

34fk76o.jpg

30djfwk.jpg

KuulKrinne wins both race 1 & 2

fcnoth.jpg

Race 3 & 4
Audi R8 5.2 FSI quattro '09 @Trial Mountain Circuit

o8dhz5.jpg

20tkyna.jpg

znoaw1.jpg

2dtdn5i.jpg

312fyhj.jpg

qqz49z.jpg

2wlu7ns.jpg

2zf1kip.jpg

e5i8ls.jpg

KuulKrinne wins both race 3 & 4

eukff6.jpg

Race 5 & 6
Chevrolet Camaro SS RM '10 @Road Course - Daytona (6 laps)

102jry0.jpg

28rl0e9.jpg

pvigm.jpg

9t23yu.jpg

15zs8b4.jpg

KuulKrinne wins both race 5 & 6

2j5mikl.jpg

So what is the rule at Trial Mtn regarding the whites on the 1st couple of corners? I saw several incidents where people were going completely over the white lines.

hey SNAIL. i quit the Sunday series tonight half way thru because i kept getting knocked off track. i could just file a complaint but that only has negative reinforcement. it does nothing positive for me. so, no hard feelings, thank you for all you do, but i'm out. let me make this clear: handlebar is a great host and i will miss racing with some of the guys in D5. but it's just not fun. i do very well in D5 and i don't think i should have been promoted this month to D4 (for various reasons), but i can't go on in D5 like this.

i hope to find other ways to race in SNAIL. keep up the good work guys!

Hey Buddy, don't get upset and follow the complaint process! You have the speed to be in D4, hang in there! 👍

But I do know how D5 gets sometimes, do not miss that at all. :grumpy:

Are we still teammates for Tuesday?

Last edited:
So what is the rule at Trial Mtn regarding the whites on the 1st couple of corners? I saw several incidents where people were going completely over the white lines.

There is no exception to the rule for the first two corners. Two tires on or inside of the track (including the rumble strips).

So inside the rumble strips or inside the white lines? There's a big difference since you have track, then white lines, then rumble strips and then dirt. I saw alot of people going completely inside the white lines but not necessarily completely inside the rumble strips into the dirt.

The rumble strips are the boundary when the strips and lines are fairly near each other, as per this rule in the OLR:
F:
Any kind of rumble strip made of concrete, stone etc are part of the track unless otherwise stated.

Are we allowing drafting during qualifying now? There seemed to be a little bit of it going on at Daytona last night.

No, drafting is not allowed, but it is hard to police. Please report it during the qualifying session.

Is voice chat allowed during racing?

Is there any ruling on the usage, It will be nice to have only steward can use voice chat during racing. Even if somebody has incident, Its unfortunate but there are others still racing on the track.

Handlebar-Man does a great job of hosting, multitasking while racing. I don't envy his job at all :lol: He even gives us points update after each race, where does he find time :D

wanted to say "Thanks for flying SNAIL airlines, your host and steward was Handlebar-Man" :cheers:

Last edited:
I believe zer0 stated it's the ahead driver's responsibility to pull off line if someone catches up.

As good as that sounds, it's never going to happen. Since they enabled the draft in qualifying, I have yet to see someone pull over when a faster car approaches from behind.

I have pulled over before but it was because I didn't want someone drafting off me. I've had numerous fast qualifying laps ruined because the car I ran up on did not pull off and I had no choice but to back off. And who's the say the car that is being run down isn't on a good qualifying lap also? Just because they aren't as fast as the car behind them doesn't mean they aren't on a good lap.

Not complaining, just stating the facts. It's not a big enough deal to report during qualifying...especially in D1. We all know who the fast guys are so qualifying won't make much of a difference.

On a Reverse Grid, with the faster drivers coming up quickly ...... What are we supposed to do when honking a horn follows a bump? If the ahead car is on the racing line, am I being told to "Move over"? I expect to be passed - but am not sure what the horn announces. Please explain. Thanks
Tex

The horn announces that the guy behind you is a douche.

(or can't manage to not press down on the joysticks while driving with a DS3 and can't figure out that they should re-map their buttons.)

Race on, doing your best to ignore him and/or make your position particularly hard to get. Your position is theirs to gain, not yours to give up.

Regarding drafting during qualifying: it is absolutely not allowed. Feel free to submit a complaint if you have witnessed it happening, even if you were not a part of it.

As good as that sounds, it's never going to happen. Since they enabled the draft in qualifying, I have yet to see someone pull over when a faster car approaches from behind.

I have pulled over before but it was because I didn't want someone drafting off me. I've had numerous fast qualifying laps ruined because the car I ran up on did not pull off and I had no choice but to back off. And who's the say the car that is being run down isn't on a good qualifying lap also? Just because they aren't as fast as the car behind them doesn't mean they aren't on a good lap.

Not complaining, just stating the facts. It's not a big enough deal to report during qualifying...especially in D1. We all know who the fast guys are so qualifying won't make much of a difference.

I had someone make good time and close the gap between us, so I pulled off line and let them by. Assuming the behind driver had established a good 4 second gap and he catches you, either you made a mistake, you are much slower or in my case last night -both. Either way the ahead driver pulls off line. That's my understanding of it anyway. Probably doesn't work 100% of the time, but it is what it is.

On a Reverse Grid, with the faster drivers coming up quickly ...... What are we supposed to do when honking a horn follows a bump? If the ahead car is on the racing line, am I being told to "Move over"? I expect to be passed - but am not sure what the horn announces. Please explain. Thanks
Tex

If I understand the OLR correctly, if it's your position the driver behind you is trying to take, then it's yours to take or lose.
zer05ive
It is the responsibility of the overtaking driver, meaning the car that is attempting to execute the pass, to make sure that the pass is made cleanly and incident free.

Honking the horn and/or bumping you is nothing more than a bullying intimidation tactic.

What Appmaddock said. 👍 Nice bump drafting last night at Daytona App. Sorry for breaking early. Nerves just couldn't take that turn as fast as you wanted to.

Is voice chat allowed during racing?

Is there any ruling on the usage, It will be nice to have only steward can use voice chat during racing. Even if somebody has incident, Its unfortunate but there are others still racing on the track.

Handlebar-Man does a great job of hosting, multitasking while racing. I don't envy his job at all :lol: He even gives us points update after each race, where does he find time :D

wanted to say "Thanks for flying SNAIL airlines, your host and steward was Handlebar-Man" :cheers:

I suggested before that we should observe a MUTE MIKE while racing... not only talking disrupts other's concentration on incidents that most are not involved in, but there are also a lot of noise that gets filtered through, like shifting, dogs barking, mama yelling, etc.
We really should not have to hear that during racing!

The only one that should have an open mike during racing is the race director. Those in favor? Those against?

There is no need for an official policy or rule. The facility already exists in the game for you to mute every single player you chose to. Yes, it's tedious to use it but it's there.

Some intense battles in D1 last night - I was happy to have some consistent finishes in spite of never really being the "fastest" guy lol...traded some paint with Hill in a heads-up Nascar style shootut at Daytona.:dunce:👍

I did witness some racecraft errors out there though...hopefully justice is served for all!

What Appmaddock said. 👍 Nice bump drafting last night at Daytona App. Sorry for breaking early. Nerves just couldn't take that turn as fast as you wanted to.

I backed off a bit before the braking zone but still didn't leave enough room, I guess. You're entitled to brake when you need to, sorry I didn't follow suit! Fortunately it wasn't much of an issue.

I suggested before that we should observe a MUTE MIKE while racing... not only talking disrupts other's concentration on incidents that most are not involved in, but there are also a lot of noise that gets filtered through, like shifting, dogs barking, mama yelling, etc.

The only one that should have an open mike during racing is the race director. Those in favor? Those against?

I'm against.

However, if you have a headset that does not play the game sound through the earpiece, turn your TV down and definitely turn off that annoying friggin' BGM. If you can turn the sensitivity down on the headset so that it's not picking up every noise in the room with you, so much the better.

I think the mics are very helpful to convey relevant information during a race. Obviously, noise and annoying chatter is a different story.

Finally, like others have said, you can always just mute the guys with too much noise on their end.

I think that mics play a roll in a race. Its nice to give a racer a heads up if your on a passing line. And it also got a racer out of a complaint. He didn't seem to want to concede his ill gotten position until I said something. However, I can't argue with the fact that all the other garbage coming over the ear piece is distracting. And there are some very loud mouthed people that complain continually through out the entire race. Which is why I generally pull my blue tooth from my ear during racing. I would like to propose that we we disallow mics for any whom don't have, or don't use a mute button.

I backed off a bit before the braking zone but still didn't leave enough room, I guess. You're entitled to brake when you need to, sorry I didn't follow suit! Fortunately it wasn't much of an issue.

Wasn't an issue for me. We both went through the turn wider than either of us would've liked and let the folks behind gain a bit. I thought it was pretty fun racing myself. I was happy to get the bumps down the tri-oval in hopes of breaking away from those behind. Just didn't hit the turn in well enough.

No, drafting is not allowed, but it is hard to police. Please report it during the qualifying session.
Is this really that big of a deal? I agree that it is the responsibility of the driver in front to move over but I feel this is only an issue if you are simply here to win at all costs. I am here to have fun while trying to Win! I have never lost a race because of qualifying. I loose races because other people are faster:(

In favor :sly: :cheers:

Mute button is great ( use them often) but what happens headset is connected in between race. Can't mute them while racing :yuck:. Even if 5 of them of using VC, you can't hear what steward is saying which is more important. not to mention the lag and freeze it causes(or can cause):crazy:
In most racing drivers don't get to say
"Hey there HOTROD! you cut the corner there. Gimme back my place!! " :D

Last edited:
I usually mute my mic unless I need to speak.

Recommend those on BlueTooths to get one that has a mute mic button.

I personally feel everyone has a right to speak. We are here to race in a social environment. We are all friends and should respect each others desires to chit chat. If you are not wanting to hear it. Mute the person.

Oh also you should have a volume on your ear piece or head set so you can easily turn it down if for some reason chatting gets to bothering you.

When their is a problem see what YOU can do on your end to remedy it. Others have the right to talk on mics.

Seemed yesterday was a load of negative energy for both series I was in. Both had complaints and bad luck.

Be glad it's over and try for better week next week.

Is this really that big of a deal?

Yes. It's an issue. I've only won a handful of races with SNAIL and all but one or two were won starting from pole position. Drafting during qualifying is cheating, so it's an issue.

In most racing drivers don't get to say
"Hey there HOTROD! you cut the corner there. Gimme back my place!! " :D

In most racing, your not sitting in your living room enjoying a cold one either. And actually Nascar racers can communicate with one another as well.

Is this really that big of a deal? I agree that it is the responsibility of the driver in front to move over but I feel this is only an issue if you are simply here to win at all costs. I am here to have fun while trying to Win! I have never lost a race because of qualifying. I loose races because other people are faster:(

Does anyone know how qualifying is handled in the real world when there are a number of cars on track? F1 doesn't count because they are slower in the draft.

Does anyone know how qualifying is handled in the real world when there are a number of cars on track? F1 doesn't count because they are slower in the draft.

NASCAR only lets one car on the track at a time. I think it's less of an issue IRL because even the weak draft seems stronger than what is possible in reality.

Back