GPR's Gallery - GT5 Farewell - Set 4 - The Finale

• Thread starter GPR
  • 919 comments
The return of a hero! Oh my, I'm thrilled!

I've drooled so much in your gallery. And now I'm coming back to drool some more :D

Great to have you back GPR!

The Aston set continues the ultra high quality that has been the mark of this gallery. Really can't wait to see what's coming.

Yes GPR, a few people can make pics that are 100% more than great, and you are one of them, your soft editing touch is so nice. High quality shots is your trademark. Total support.

Best regards from France.

Simply superb set! You certainly have not lost your touch. 👍 Every shot is so well composed and the realism factor is super high. Great to have you back. :)

Cheers Nato, feels good to be back. 👍 :)

The return of a hero! Oh my, I'm thrilled!

I've drooled so much in your gallery. And now I'm coming back to drool some more :D

Great to have you back GPR!

The Aston set continues the ultra high quality that has been the mark of this gallery. Really can't wait to see what's coming.

Thanks very much zambuca appreciate the support heaps, I wouldn't call myself a hero by any means but I'll take a compliment when it's given. :sly:
I likely won't update as often as some do around here but I'll try my best to keep things going. Always feels like there's never enough time. Thanks again. 👍

Yes GPR, a few people can make pics that are 100% more than great, and you are one of them, your soft editing touch is so nice. High quality shots is your trademark. Total support.

Best regards from France.

Wow such high praise, thanks man. I guess most of my editing is sort of soft, mostly its the little things. Sometimes I feel like I do a lot to some images but edited elements aren't obvious. Plus sometimes less is more, you know. 👍 :D

:cheers: to all the great comments guys. 👍 👍

Great shots of the Aston again, saw them over in the realistic thread. Also have been going through your old shots and there are so many outstanding ones :)

Great shots of the Aston again, saw them over in the realistic thread. Also have been going through your old shots and there are so many outstanding ones :)

Thanks, glad you like them. Always nice to hear from someone of your calibre. :D

superb pictures
and excellent presentation on the first page

Cheers mate.

Ok, update time. I noticed I haven't shot any classic cars to date. Not sure why, so I thought it was about time. :sly:

Just a small set this time, I struggled to come out with many shots I was happy with this time around. Took quite a few in the session but wasn't pleased with a lot after looking at them on my PC.

Anyway hope you guys & gals like them.

Chevrolet Camaro Z28
@ Deep Forest Raceway

Click for larger images

Black & White Edition

Nice set.. the last one is my favorite of the bunch.. and your gallery contains some amazing work... the red bull set and v12 vantage set are my absolute favorites!
You have a great eye and fantastic editing style

Great set, tone and mood is set right. 👍 Although, if I may add, the artifacts sorta killed the first 3 photos a little.

Great work GPR. I really like the toning in these pictures. What I've noticed is that you've paid more attention to lighting and especially shadowing - the rich shadows further emphasise the overall contrast and give an even more realistic feel to the images. Additionally, you were able to produce outstanding background blur by adjusting the focal lengths perfectly. And as if all that wasn't enough, you decided to choose simple yet unique camera angles and different aspect ratios.

👍

Last edited:
Nice set.. the last one is my favorite of the bunch.. and your gallery contains some amazing work... the red bull set and v12 vantage set are my absolute favorites!
You have a great eye and fantastic editing style

Thanks very much driftinziggy. Yeah the Vantage set is one my favs too. :)

Awesome tones and great work with the blurs! 👍

Thanks man. Was pretty happy with the toning on these shots :D

Great set, tone and mood is set right. 👍 Although, if I may add, the artifacts sorta killed the first 3 photos a little.

Cheers Taiga. 👍 Totally agree with the artifacts. I actually did clean a chunck up but obviously not all(very time consuming) there was a lot. :grumpy:
The jpeg compression from the game needs to be better, as soon as you stretch the toning too far from the original shot the compression artifacts become really apparent, sucks. :(

Great work GPR. I really like the toning in these pictures. What I've noticed is that you've paid more attention to lighting and especially shadowing - the rich shadows further emphasise the overall contrast and give an even more realistic feel to the images. Additionally, you were able to produce outstanding background blur by adjusting the focal lengths perfectly. And as if all that wasn't enough, you decided to choose simple yet unique camera angles and different aspect ratios.

👍

Many thanks GT-R, I much appreciate your perspective on my work, it's interesting to see how other great creative individuals like yourself can identify some of the finer points of photography and editing, and the apprecaition of it all. Thanks again. :) 👍

GPR
Cheers Taiga. 👍 Totally agree with the artifacts. I actually did clean a chunck up but obviously not all(very time consuming) there was a lot. :grumpy:
The jpeg compression from the game needs to be better, as soon as you stretch the toning too far from the original shot the compression artifacts become really apparent, sucks. :(

Yep, that I agree. I've been plagued by the problem itself too. 2x solves it quite a bit, but then again, it takes a huge time to save up.

SVX
Just what I was about to say. 👍

Yep, that I agree. I've been plagued by the problem itself too. 2x solves it quite a bit, but then again, it takes a huge time to save up.

Yeah I know, that's the other major problem. I'd love to just shoot in x2 all the time but damn it's slow. Painfully so. :ouch: Really kills the flow so I reserve using it on shots I know I'm def going to use in the end, which usually is not many.

Ok folks another smallish set, can't keep with some of you guys. :crazy: Wish I had more time to spend on this stuff.

Anyhoo...

Hope you like my latest set. I didn't end up with any shots that really showcase the track well, they just didn't turn out right. :( But of course the main star is the car as usual.

enjoy.

Subaru BRZ
@ Trial Mountain Circuit

Click for larger images

Great little set! Love that Mode 1 shot. :bowdown:
Also like the intense colours and enhanced motion blur you've used. 👍

Great set, GPR. I noticed that you've given the background a special treatment - I find the blur much stronger now, which adds more contrast to the pictures. Additionally, I like the toning - especially in the 4th picture. The rich shadows, good reflections and overall composition make it my favourite from this set. 👍

Great set, I love that first shot! :drool:

Thanks man. :D

Great set,GPR ! Panning in the first shot is awesome :drool: :drool: :drool:

Yeah I like the energy I got out of that one. Thanks for the comment. 👍 :)

Perfect dynamic set, GPR. Great colors on photos! 👍
I love #1 photo!

Thanks MadMoss, I went a but intense on the coloured shots glad you like them. :D

1 and 4 are my fav shots :) Nice color contrast and background effect. :)

Cheers zzz_pt, the hot colours seem to be well liked. ;) 👍

Great little set! Love that Mode 1 shot. :bowdown:
Also like the intense colours and enhanced motion blur you've used. 👍

Thanks Nato, Mode 1 sometimes gives ya some interesting results such is the case in shot 1. :D

Great set, GPR. I noticed that you've given the background a special treatment - I find the blur much stronger now, which adds more contrast to the pictures. Additionally, I like the toning - especially in the 4th picture. The rich shadows, good reflections and overall composition make it my favourite from this set. 👍

Many thanks GTR, yep I have enhanced the background mainly in shot 1 to make the car pop a little more. :sly: I sometimes find it hard to single out a favourite from my sets as I like them all, but I was pretty happy with number 4. :D

Thanks again for the great comments chaps, much appreciated. :bowdown:

Back