GPR's Gallery - GT5 Farewell - Set 4 - The Finale

• Thread starter GPR
  • 919 comments
It's because of the color combination, not really the warm color on the BG :) blue/orange looks better than blue/green (90% occasions). If the car was orange or yellow probably the last shot would atract more attentions :D

It's because of the color combination, not really the warm color on the BG :) blue/orange looks better than blue/green (90% occasions). If the car was orange or yellow probably the last shot would atract more attentions :D

Well blue and orange are complimentary colours on the colour wheel so that stands to reason.

Thanks for the comment.

You have made excellent use of an excellent car, excellent track, and morphed the two into an excellent combination. 👍

The background in these black&white shots look a bit like they're drawn - I like it. And overall: a very great set. 👍

Neat set! Especially love the last shot, it's unique in it's own ways that I can't really explain, but great shot!

Great work on toning in this set. The last two are my fav'. In the fourth i especially like the general toning and the composition you've made using the shadows. And in the last one it's this light curve effect on the backgroung : i found it give the picture a great composition.

The background in these black&white shots look a bit like they're drawn - I like it. And overall: a very great set. 👍

Thanks RacingPanda, I think the high contrast and sharp edges of the motion blur give it that illustrative quality. Wasn't my intent but glad you like them. :D

Neat set! Especially love the last shot, it's unique in it's own ways that I can't really explain, but great shot!

Cheers Taiga. :) I wasn't convinced it was brilliant myself, but felt it was good enough to post. Happy you like it! 👍

Great work on toning in this set. The last two are my fav'. In the fourth i especially like the general toning and the composition you've made using the shadows. And in the last one it's this light curve effect on the backgroung : i found it give the picture a great composition.

Thanks very much Kodje, I really played with the colouring a fair bit and am very happy with shot 4 particularly. Glad you also dig the last one, It's kind of a trend I have atm the whole blur streaks things. :sly: Thanks again.

Plan to have an update this weekend, hopefully Saturday no guarantees though. :scared:

Hey all, here's my latest. I took I huge amount of shots in my run......and then scrapped a whole heap. I was trying to use a few more filters this time around but the most annoying thing is how bad they seem once transferred to to computer. Especially issues with colour banding. :grumpy:

Anyway without further ado...

Audi R8 5.2 FSI quattro
@ Grand Valley Speedway
Click for larger images

Awesome set of the R8. The purple works well. That shot in the tunnel with the sky in the background is my favourite, I love the mood! And the mode 1 shot is great too. Nice work GPR!

When I think that I've seen everything, there are still pictures to come - all of which are amazing. This set really proves that you deliver both quality and quantity - at one of the highest standards possible. 👍

Nicely edited set! Love pics #9 and 10 :)

Thanks NB, 👍 Those 2 are in my top 5 of this set. :)

Beautiful photos with great angles and composition, GPR! 👍

Thanks very much MadMoss! :D

Awesome set of the R8. The purple works well. That shot in the tunnel with the sky in the background is my favourite, I love the mood! And the mode 1 shot is great too. Nice work GPR!

Cheers nissanfanatic. The purple did work quite well I thought too. 👍

When I think that I've seen everything, there are still pictures to come - all of which are amazing. This set really proves that you deliver both quality and quantity - at one of the highest standards possible. 👍

Can't get much better than a comment like that. :D Many thanks GTR. I tend to only post what I deem good enough so some sets are small and others big. But quality is something I aim to produce. Glad I've hit the mark. :cheers:

Great set! Love the tones and the composition and use of focal lengths are just perfect. Awesome work. 👍 👍 :)

Fantastic sense of speed in those!
Splendid looking colour as well! :drool:

Thanks 20832. :D I really enjoyed colouring this set. :)

Great set! Love the tones and the composition and use of focal lengths are just perfect. Awesome work. 👍 👍 :)

Thanks very much Nato, appreciate the comment from another great talent. 👍

This is a great set! And very tasteful use of flares. 👍

Cheers lilmann73, I'm not a fan of over using flares or just throwing them in just for the showiness so I apprecaite you see it as tasteful use. 👍 :)

Thanks for all the comments chaps. 👍 👍

Last edited:
That tunnel shot !!! :dunce:

A very beautiful set again GPR. Impressive work on toning and composition. I really love the mood of this set.

I particulary like the way shots "4 and "5 are answering each other. In the fourth the curves lines made by light and road are converging and in the fifth they are splitting. That is the kind of detail i love :)

And i agree with lilmann about use of flare 👍

Back