GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 93 : Charming a Lady in Monaco

• Thread starter EDK
  • 233 comments
I wanted to participate in a 3D3 event but I had to do the GTP_Registry qualifier before. So I did it quick (I confess something like 40mn) and I'm not a fan of nurb so...maybe that explain my Division. And this is only my 2nd offline TT, that doesn't help to grow up in divisions.

I spent about 5x's that...on just one sector, lol. I just practiced alot from that time till the time I was finally able to participate in these due to the fact that I had no way of submitting a replay. (No computer) Just thought I'd get my story out there also, lol.

I wanted to participate in a 3D3 event but I had to do the GTP_Registry qualifier before. So I did it quick (I confess something like 40mn) and I'm not a fan of nurb so...maybe that explain my Division. And this is only my 2nd offline TT, that doesn't help to grow up in divisions.

Oh makes sense, I think i spent about an hour but I had spent quite a bit of time at the ring when the game first came out. Nice time though and with a DS3

that will not change my place on the leaderboard but it's a bit better

EDIT:

Finally got this 🤬 29' in split 1!
I'm done for this week. I got online events this weekend so i have no more time for this TT.
That's not a big deal anyway, i think i'm already close to my DS3 limits...

Great combo :)

Last edited:

Nice splits Litchi :) Even nicer splits Litchi!! :scared: 👍

You're clearly under-divisioned - but it's nothing new ;)

Look forward to seeing you rising up the ranks! :D

@Baron - Nice run dude! Possibly no more time to run this for me, got a stacked weekend - Monday is a possible, but by then I'll need about an hour to get back in the groove :yuck:

Quite a few, from d3b to d2g infact. Took about 40-50 I'd say? I qualified fairly low and had no idea I would love these offline TTs. The more I raced, the better I got....and I'm still getting better now after almost 2 years....

👍

40-50? OMG :scared:
Plus i plan to run only the stock TT's (no tuning) so it'll be veeeeeery long for me lol

I think that's one of the reasons we're recommended to try our best on the qualifier.

The other is that it avoids ruining the competition in your respective division. Given your pace this week and that you are D3S, I would think you'd be guaranteed the win in D3 every time you show up until you get promoted out of the division. I mean this with no disrespect to the rest of D3 (I was there myself not so long ago), but it can be demoralising to turn up to a competition when there is little chance of being able to compete for a division win. Your pace relative to the rest of your division will also skew the handicap results for D3, D2 and half of D1.

Note that I mean no disrespect or malice to you and am very very impressed by the pace you are able to achieve with a DS3, it's just an underlying issue that rears it's head on occasion here and unfortunately there's little that can be done to mitigate against it.

I hope you are not offended :)

40-50? OMG :scared:
Plus i plan to run only the stock TT's (no tuning) so it'll be veeeeeery long for me lol

I think you can move up to Div 2 Bronze in around 4-5 events, it's just the way the handicap works.

I think that's one of the reasons we're recommended to try our best on the qualifier.

The other is that it avoids ruining the competition in your respective division. Given your pace this week and that you are D3S, I would think you'd be guaranteed the win in D3 every time you show up until you get promoted out of the division. I mean this with no disrespect to the rest of D3 (I was there myself not so long ago), but it can be demoralising to turn up to a competition when there is little chance of being able to compete for a division win. Your pace relative to the rest of your division will also skew the handicap results for D3, D2 and half of D1.

Note that I mean no disrespect or malice to you and am very very impressed by the pace you are able to achieve with a DS3, it's just an underlying issue that rears it's head on occasion here and unfortunately there's little that can be done to mitigate against it.

I hope you are not offended :)
Agreed, I thought i underperformed in my registry but thats just ridiculous, thats easy D1 pace, but im firing up the box soon, il see what I can do, if at the end of the week I or any of the other D2 guys cant beat you, imo you really shouldn't be doing this under D3S. Quoted from the WRS registry thread "Please give it your best effort as sandbagging is highly frowned upon in the GTP OLR community. It would be greatly appreciated by all GTP Race Admin and participants if you would dedicate at least as much time to the qualifier as you would to a regular WRS event"

EDIT:

Finally got this 🤬 29' in split 1!
I'm done for this week. I got online events this weekend so i have no more time for this TT.
That's not a big deal anyway, i think i'm already close to my DS3 limits...

Great combo :)

Wow, Im not even gonna try and catch you now, I think for D3 its for 2nd place now. Good splits 👍

Wow, Im not even gonna try and catch you now, I think for D3 its for 2nd place now. Good splits 👍
Yea thanks for that.
But i see that some people don't appreciate the way it goes. I'm really sorry for that.
Basically, i'm an online driver, i just wanted to participate to a great 3D3 event and i had to submit my WRS qualifier for this. I was really short in time before the 3D3 event's deadline.

But i know it's entirely my fault cause it's clearly stated in the GTP Registry thread to give the best effort on the qualifier.

But now it's done and i can't back rewind. As Mohit says, maybe i'll just have to wait for 4-5 events for changing division and D3 guys will be relieved.

Sorry again.

Ran some more laps before it got too agonizing.
Better overall times.

Yea thanks for that.
But i see that some people don't appreciate the way it goes. I'm really sorry for that.
Basically, i'm an online driver, i just wanted to participate to a great 3D3 event and i had to submit my WRS qualifier for this. I was really short in time before the 3D3 event's deadline.

But i know it's entirely my fault cause it's clearly stated in the GTP Registry thread to give the best effort on the qualifier.

But now it's done and i can't back rewind. As Mohit says, maybe i'll just have to wait for 4-5 events for changing division and D3 guys will be relieved.

Sorry again.

Personally it doesn't bother me, I know what I'm capable of doing and as long as I get faster over time that's all that matters to me. I dont know how the system works and didn't even know that it could skew the handicaps.

Is it possible to run a qualifier again ? I know you can drop a division if you think a division is too much for you and you are struggling to compete but I dont know if you can go up a division ??

Quite a few, from d3b to d2g infact. Took about 40-50 I'd say? I qualified fairly low and had no idea I would love these offline TTs. The more I raced, the better I got....and I'm still getting better now after almost 2 years....

👍

Div 3 bronze to D2 Gold nice 👍 gives me hope I can improve as well

Last edited:
Is it possible to run a qualifier again ? I know you can drop a division if you think a division is too much for you and you are struggling to compete but I dont know if you can go up a division ??
No, that's not possible. I would not have put so much effort into all the WRS weeks I've run if I could just sent in a D1 Gold time for the qualifier.

You can indeed send in a request to drop a division to one of the admins. The team will then discuss whether that request will be accepted.

Personally it doesn't bother me, I know what I'm capable of doing and as long as I get faster over time that's all that matters to me. I dont know how the system works and didn't even know that it could skew the handicaps.

Div 3 bronze to D2 Gold nice 👍 gives me hope I can improve as well

edit: Wes beaten me on the answer... :)

The main issue when you dont run the qualifier to your best is that other driver in the same division that want to improve their handicap will have a hard time until this driver get promoted.

edit: Wes beaten me on the answer... :)

The main issue when you dont run the qualifier to your best is that other driver in the same division that want to improve their handicap will have a hard time until this driver get promoted.

O okay I had a feeling it wouldn't be possible but how hard would it be for d3 folks now? Will this mean we have to get d2 gold times to get a negative for the week

Im not too sure how it exactly work, it vary from an event to another, but you dont need to finish first in your division to have a negative handicap result for the week, but if you always dominate i assume they will promote you quicker. :)

After many hours of pain, I have some new splits:

Yet these would still only put me 12th, and nearly bottom of division 1. It seems I have yet to deliver a performance that is worthy of division 1 (apart from the qualifier of course).

After many hours of pain, I have some new splits:

Yet these would still only put me 12th, and nearly bottom of division 1. It seems I have yet to deliver a performance that is worthy of division 1 (apart from the qualifier of course).

Im sure once you gel in you'll be up there competing for wins

Edit: two fast laps on quick succession. One above I had a slide coming out the turn before the tunnel which wasn't ideal, but the next lap was better. Losing time in the chicane still and probably a bit cautious into Tabac, but finished with a PB in T3. Looking for 0.3 on the lap

Racing on :cheers:

Last edited:
Chasing AirSick and CargoRat again. Race on Airsick and Mitch!:cheers:

I tried about a 15 min. stint about an hour ago but my eyesite was bothering me. (blurry, double vision-a symptom of my accident that happens from time to time. Just need to rest) I'll see if I can give it another go tomorrow.

Reached my goal but I was overly cautious through T3. Still a few tenths but I'm not sure I've got the concentration to chase it.

Latest Posts

Back