GPR's Gallery - GT5 Farewell - Set 4 - The Finale

• Thread starter GPR
  • 919 comments
Fantastic update! Loved the tones, angles and the lighting:tup:.

Thanks Horde. :)

That tunnel shot !!! :dunce:

A very beautiful set again GPR. Impressive work on toning and composition. I really love the mood of this set.

I particulary like the way shots "4 and "5 are answering each other. In the fourth the curves lines made by light and road are converging and in the fifth they are splitting. That is the kind of detail i love :)

And i agree with lilmann about use of flare 👍

Thanks very much Kodje, very interesting that you noticed that point about the lines, it almost tells a story of the journey. (To be perfectly honest I hadn't intended that when putting the set together but it turned out that way. :sly: )

SVX
Stunning work. The motion blur in #1 is perfect. :drool:👍

Cheers SVX, yeah I was pretty pleased with the cleaness and smoothness of that shot. 👍

#10 is awesome, one of your best. I love it.

Many thanks Lee. I was trying for something a bit different on that shot and was very happy with it. :D

Vantage shots are just..... :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed:

what track is it?

Thanks man, the track is SSX. Which for a plain test track is an awesome place to shoot. Will definitely be shooting there again. :)

Thanks for all the great comments guys. :cheers:

Purple is surprisingly a fascinating color on the R8. :drool:

Yes, yes it is. :) Thanks

Thanks man. :D

they are gems these photos.

Many thanks mate. 👍

BkS
That 2nd shot has to be the best R8 shot I've ever seen. EVER. It's so moody! :eek:

Why thank you BkS. :D I was pretty suprised with the atmosphere I got out of that one.

Thanks for all the great comments everyone. 👍 👍

And now...

New set with my 2.0 entry and reject. After shooting pretty extensively for the 2.0 comp I decided to make a small set from the shoot. Hope you guys like'm.

McLaren MP4-12C
@ Top Gear Test Track
Click for larger images

PMC 2.0 Week 105 - Entry

Reject

Just awesome! Love the car, love the photos. Your entry should do well this week. :) 👍

Mmm, the way the orange pops is great :)

Thanks mate, I toned back the colour of the backgrounds to try and accentuate the McLaren orange. :)

Great set, GPR; have nothing to complain about. :P

Thanks GT-R! :D

WOW, beautiful set! 👍

Why thank you. :D

SVX
Superb toning. :drool:👍

Cheers SVX. :)

Just awesome! Love the car, love the photos. Your entry should do well this week. :) 👍

Many thanks Nathan, was fun to shoot it's such a awesome car. I hope I do well in the comp :nervous:, first time. ;)

Cheers guys :cheers:

Nice set! I simply cannot take shots like I used to... I need to look through something for inspiration, I suppose. :lol:

Great angles and very realistic tones. My favourite is number 3 :drool:👍.

Thanks Horde. :) I was hoping they'd look realistic to some degree.

Nice set GPR all good shots.
Thanks man. 👍

Nice set! I simply cannot take shots like I used to... I need to look through something for inspiration, I suppose. :lol:

Cheers mate, 👍 give yourself some time to get in the swing, I felt so rusty coming back to this stuff after a long break almost felt kinda retarded. But I think i've slightly improved since my return so you may just find yourself bettering what you used to do sometime soon. ;)

what kind of sorcery is that, GPR?

One of the my fav styles of editing around this forum. :) Simple but deep and consistant! Great job!

what kind of sorcery is that, GPR?

One of the my fav styles of editing around this forum. :) Simple but deep and consistant! Great job!

:lol: It's the dark art of photoshop. :) :odd: Thanks for the great comment i'm glad you like my style. 👍

Beautiful power in photos, GPR!

Amazing work, I love it :drool:.

Thanks man, appreciate the comment. :D

Always nice to see awesome comments from other well respected photomoders like yourselves. :) 👍

GPR, how big of a file can we get from you if we ask *really* nice? I'd love to put some of these up on my wall in the basement! :D

When I read you lost your work from last year, I felt like crying...

GPR, how big of a file can we get from you if we ask *really* nice? I'd love to put some of these up on my wall in the basement! :D

When I read you lost your work from last year, I felt like crying...

You felt like crying...so you could could imagine how I felt. :crazy:

Still makes me sad :(

Anyway, as for your request well quite a lot of my stuff wasn't shot in x2 mode. Mainly because I hate waiting for the damn thing process, kills my flow of shooting. But I do have a couple that were shot larger.

Actually all of my latest set was shot in x2 so they're nice and biggish.

I very much appreciate you like my shots that much that you want to put them up.

Which shots were you after?

Very very nice work again on this set.

First one is beautiful !

And i like the way you have edited the reject one.

Always a pleasure to see your work mate :)

I'm kind of glad I didn't enter this weeks 2.0. Simply because, I would've had my butt kicked. :dopey: I just love shot number 4. It's so creative! :eek: :drool:

Very very nice work again on this set.

First one is beautiful !

And i like the way you have edited the reject one.

Always a pleasure to see your work mate :)

Thanks very much Kodje! :D I did do a lot of playing around with the reject shot it kind of turned out a bit illustrative or paint like i thought which was interesting. Glad you like it. 👍

the last is gorgeous

Thanks man, it certainly is of a different style to the others. ;)

BkS
I'm kind of glad I didn't enter this weeks 2.0. Simply because, I would've had my butt kicked. :dopey: I just love shot number 4. It's so creative! :eek: :drool:

Well you never know if you don't enter. But I understand where you're coming from, I was hesitant too as there is so much great talent in the comp and so many of the entries look great. Hoping I do well. :nervous:

I'm happy you like shot 4, as far as an action feel this one had the most energy to me. Thanks for the great comment, much appreciated. 👍 :)

Thanks everyone. :cheers:

GPR
I very much appreciate you like my shots that much that you want to put them up.

Which shots were you after?

Well, I consider this a "greatest hits package" :)

....out of the new batch, since your return:

Vantage.3:
8149956088_d4b50c2c69_z.jpg

Vantage.5:
8149930071_929df1fea2_z.jpg

Vantage.11:
8149956938_cd37decdd5_z.jpg

BRZ.1:
8190575528_db7a25832c_z.jpg

BRZ.4:
8190576126_595ce7684c_z.jpg

R8.3: