MY GT5 GALLERY - leeislee

• Thread starter leeislee
  • 744 comments
That Rhuddlan Castle Walkway photo is flippin awesome. Really nice. :drool:

I agree with your comments on the focal point thing. The thing that doesn't sit right for me though with your Reflections image(and maybe for others) is that because of the distance of the camera to both subjects is quite far and the driver seems to be standing nearish the back of the car it would stand to reason that if the driver were in focus then the back of the car would be too.

I think the way the focus is atm seems unatural and not quite right when your brain tries to make sense of the photo as a whole. Like in some of your real photo examples if the driver were much closer to the camera then it would more than likely have that outcome.

But the 2 objects do seem to be pretty close to being on the same planal distance so it seems off to me.

I don't mean to offend at all, thats just how I see it. It is a nice piece notheless. 👍

Your both wrong in my opinion. Like i said a few posts back the Driver is the point of focus of the photo, not the car. The title 'Reflections' is referring to the driver who is looking at the car and not the reflections on the floor however, The actual reflections on the floor is a hint to the theme.

Also, Objects in the foreground aren't always the focus of the photo which is something more of us should try in our work to make things a bit different and anyway, what's there to look at at the back of the car in that shot?, 2 lights and a wing!

This concept is all about drawing the eye into a picture, But hey, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Cheers fellas 👍

No, I understand fully, I even read your post a few posts back. I'm just saying I was drawn to the car more than the driver.

I like how you're mixing things up, I've been trying to find the perfect combination of getting the nice foreground defocus bokeh, and drawing the eye to the focus point. Thus far, I've had no success. 👍

GPR
That Rhuddlan Castle Walkway photo is flippin awesome. Really nice. :drool:

I agree with your comments on the focal point thing. The thing that doesn't sit right for me though with your Reflections image(and maybe for others) is that because of the distance of the camera to both subjects is quite far and the driver seems to be standing nearish the back of the car it would stand to reason that if the driver were in focus then the back of the car would be too.

I think the way the focus is atm seems unatural and not quite right when your brain tries to make sense of the photo as a whole. Like in some of your real photo examples if the driver were much closer to the camera then it would more than likely have that outcome.

But the 2 objects do seem to be pretty close to being on the same planal distance so it seems off to me.

I don't mean to offend at all, thats just how I see it. It is a nice piece notheless. 👍
No i'm not offended, but the driver is standing in line with the front wheel because that's where i placed him in phototravel, The distance to the subjects from the camera was actually very close, hence the way the back of the car is so out of focus, by veiwing it in a small format you may well see things differently but it as right as it would be in real life. 👍👍

BkS
No, I understand fully, I even read your post a few posts back. I'm just saying I was drawn to the car more than the driver.

I like how you're mixing things up, I've been trying to find the perfect combination of getting the nice foreground defocus bokeh, and drawing the eye to the focus point. Thus far, I've had no success. 👍
Nah, you have some great shots and you will continue to take great shots. 👍👍

No i'm not offended, but the driver is standing in line with the front wheel because that's where i placed him in phototravel, The distance to the subjects from the camera was actually very close, hence the way the back of the car is so out of focus, by veiwing it in a small format you may well see things differently but it as right as it would be in real life. 👍👍

Right ok, I didn't realize how small the car was compared to a human so it just seemed to me like he was standing near the back or middle of the car.

And yes it is correct for framing that would be tight, because the final image is not so, it made it look wrong to me. Tis all.

GPR
Right ok, I didn't realize how small the car was compared to a human so it just seemed to me like he was standing near the back or middle of the car.

And yes it is correct for framing that would be tight, because the final image is not so, it made it look wrong to me. Tis all.

I understand completely, sometimes things look odd no matter how we look at them.

I'll admit that the small version of this shot doesn't do it justice. Believe it or not, the actual finished picture is about 50 megapixels in size if my memory serves me and when you see it big it looks great.

:drool: very beautiful
👍👍

Superb edit, love the simple and minimalistic way in it!
👍👍

the 787 is a fantastic edit and is now my wallpaper... i love the way you nail every shot!
👍👍

I love the minimalism! Your piece makes me wish GT5 had a dedicated studio location... anyways, can't wait for your next work!
👍👍

Great shot! Perfectly executed as expected :)

Reflection = Absorbed :D
👍👍

Thank you all for the kind words. I appreciate you all looking at my picture.

That's weird, I could have sworn I commented on the last picture, but I can't find the comment... Anyhoo, great work. I like the changeup with the focus, and the editing is spot on as always. Bookmarked! (already was, but anyway...)

That's weird, I could have sworn I commented on the last picture, but I can't find the comment... Anyhoo, great work. I like the changeup with the focus, and the editing is spot on as always. Bookmarked! (already was, but anyway...)
Thanks a lot mate 👍👍

Took a few photos at SSRX, This wasn't the best but it's here for you all to see anyway! :grumpy:

Sunset

The more i look at it the less i like it!

Last edited:
Great photo, I like the lightening. But I must say, that's not your usual wow effect work :)

I can't say that it's your greatest shot ever but I certainly can't fault it.. It's a beautiful use of the lighting and great composition

I quite like the composition in that picture. The shadows provide a good contrast and the picture looks clean and sharp in general. On top of that, the sky is not overexposed, which further emphasizes the smooth background blur. The reflections on the car are flawless, too.

So, what's not to like about this picture? ;)

You're on a whole new level mate. What's not the best for you would be quite amazing for the average GT5 photographer. Good job with the SLS :drool: 👍

very nice shot leeislee! 👍 Maybe a bit dark (the car) but lovely overall image! :)

Back