GPR's Gallery - GT5 Farewell - Set 4 - The Finale

• Thread starter GPR
  • 919 comments
Wonderful shots ! Love your 2.0 entry :drool:👍

Thanks SM, much appreciated. I did better than I expected in the comp. :D

The photos you took where you focused on some of the car parts and the aerial shots are impressive! :)

Cheers mate, I should try do more of those, have been a bit slack with variety lately. :)

+1

thx to pyxen for this little review of great shots :)

Thanks Kodje. :)

And now for my 21st and somewhat special set, my first shoot on the Nürburgring Nordschleife, don't know why it's taken me forever to shoot on this track. :crazy:

This set like my last is derived from the shoot I took for the 2.0 comp. I think this may be a common trend for a while. Given the time I have which isn't heaps atm.

Anyhoo enjoy...

Mercedes Benz 300 SL
@ Nürburgring Nordschleife

Click for larger images

Cinemascope

Autumn Remix

2.0 Wk 106 Entry

Bonus - Special 300 SL Poster

Super Poster Size >

C&C welcome. 👍

[...]

Absolutly stunning update, probably one of the best Nordschleife - Sets i've seen to date.
Agreed.

You've done both the car and the track justice with these pictures. I can't pick a favourite picture, really; they're all excellent. You delivered quantity and quality. Again. ;)

Great update! I love the lighting and toning in the first two shots (especially the 2nd) :drool: The 3rd shot I find a little strange - I think it's because the blurred rail over the front of the 300SL follows the curve of the car and messes with my head. :lol: The 2nd cinemascope is fantastic as is the Autumn remix and your 2.0 entry is master-class - the reflections in the headlights and bumper are utterly fantastic! :bowdown:
Finally the poster :eek: :drool: Brilliant... 10/10 :)

In - effin' - credible!!!

Absolutly stunning update, probably one of the best Nordschleife - Sets i've seen to date.

Many thanks 20832, I really felt like I had to work that quite a bit in PS till I got it to the point I was happy with it. Glad you like! 👍 :)

Mother of god, that pictures are absolutly amazing 👍

Thanks man. :D

Of beautiful pictures, but then last :drool: fall in my eyes

Cheers krysalis, apprecaite it. I put in a fair bit of time on the poster. Even though it looks clean and simple. :)

Agreed.

You've done both the car and the track justice with these pictures. I can't pick a favourite picture, really; they're all excellent. You delivered quantity and quality. Again. ;)

Cheers mate, glad I did the track and car justice! 👍 👍

Great update! I love the lighting and toning in the first two shots (especially the 2nd) :drool: The 3rd shot I find a little strange - I think it's because the blurred rail over the front of the 300SL follows the curve of the car and messes with my head. :lol: The 2nd cinemascope is fantastic as is the Autumn remix and your 2.0 entry is master-class - the reflections in the headlights and bumper are utterly fantastic! :bowdown:
Finally the poster :eek: :drool: Brilliant... 10/10 :)

Thanks very much Nathan :D Appreciate the detailed comment. I was pretty pleased with the colour tones in the set thought it suited the track well and brought out the green of the surroundings.

I see your point about shot 3, I guess it didn't bother me. ;) I was also very happy with my entry, felt like it was a strong shot from that collection. Hope it does well. :nervous:

And yes the poster, I had fun with that one. Kept it clean and simple but stylish. Sort of Mercedes like is what I was going for.

Thanks again for all the fantastic comments guys, its very much appreciated. :bowdown: 👍 👍

Going to be tough to keep upping the anti. :scared:

+1

thx to pyxen for this little review of great shots :)

My pleasure! :)

I'd definitely include 300SL.2, and 300SL.6 on my wall!

8261210274_99ba9765bb_b.jpg

8261214800_eb7b6c7bd5_b.jpg

Last edited:
Very beautiful set GPR.

Sometimes the devil is in the detail, but with you that's the wow factor which hide in the detail ;)

Great work again 👍

Very beautiful set GPR.

Sometimes the devil is in the detail, but with you that's the wow factor which hide in the detail ;)

Great work again 👍

Thanks very much Kodje, I do feel sometimes the even the smallest detail can make a difference. :)

Autumn shot is brill, great set!

Thanks mate. Autmn colours are awesome. 👍

Beautiful photo's. Very elegant.👍

Thank you Nasadus, appreciate the comment. :) 👍

Oh, I hate you! The SL poster is brilliant. :D

*Hovers over gavel wanting to ban...*

:lol: I'd probably hate me too. But please don't ban me GTP overlord, I likes it here. ;) But seriously thanks for the nice comment. 👍

Magnificent work.. I'm using it as wallpaper at the moment!

Now that's about as good a complement anyone can get. Thanks man. 👍 :D

Nice shots GPR, especially the poster :)

Cheers 787, glad you like it. 👍

Thanks guys. I might have to try and do another for my next set if I have the time.

:drool: Woah! Suddenly I really want a black gullwing! Great job, the shots are both realistic and artistic at the same time.

That poster is stunning. :eek: My favourite shot of the whole set has to be that Autumn remix. 👍 :drool:

Awesome set with great angles and tones. That last one looks like it came out from the wall of the Mercedes HQ itself. Beautifull :drool:.

Gorgeous 300SL, GPR!
All aspects - Excellent! :drool:.

Thanks very much MadMoss. :D

:drool: Woah! Suddenly I really want a black gullwing! Great job, the shots are both realistic and artistic at the same time.

Cheers mate, it's quite a photogenic car in any colour really. But it is pretty sexy in black. 👍 :)

BkS
That poster is stunning. :eek: My favourite shot of the whole set has to be that Autumn remix. 👍 :drool:

Thanks man, glad you like the remix. :)

Awesome set with great angles and tones. That last one looks like it came out from the wall of the Mercedes HQ itself. Beautifull :drool:.

:sly: I wish Mercedes contracted me for design. That'd be awesome. Thanks for the great comment.

Many thanks for all the latest comments guys. 👍 👍

Ok so it's been a little while since my last update. I've been very busy these last 2 weeks so haven't had a lot of time to work up shots.

I shot this set the previous week and have slowly edited shots throughout last week and i'm finally done.

A different edit style on this one. Just something I wanted to try, a sort of high contrast bleach look. Hope you guys like it.

Overall I'm not sure all of them are good, some shots I like a lot and others hmm not so much. But i'm pretty fussy especially with my own work so you guys be the judge.

Also as a bonus I've tired a Wet style remix of one. It's my first attempt and I think it could have been better. :indiff: But I wasn't going for a full on wet scene it's more of a drive after rain so it's not heavy on wet effects. It'd be nice to know what you guys think of it.

Anyhoo enough of me crapping on...

Jaguar XKR Coupe
@ Autodromo Nazionale Monza

Click for larger images

Wet Remix

Back