GT5 Lap Time Board

• Thread starter HotRodKing
  • 394 comments
This still hasn't been stickied? :nervous:

Good to see it's still going strong though guys, might start posting times again soon 👍

EDIT: Hmm... I'm not allowed to edit it anymore, I'll hit you up with the share button 👍

Last edited:
Times posted for X2011 on Deep Forest, Eiger Nordwand, Grand Valley, Monza, Spa, Trial Mountain and Tsukuba. Times posted for X2010 S. Vettel on Monza and Suzuka under time trial conditions. I've heard most people are slower online but I appear to be faster. Weird huh?

How do I order it correctly? I've never used google docs before so I'm scared to keep trying without knowing.

Hi mister!
First, use the current format to submit times and data, or the sort will be messed up. Pleas re enter times in the format 03:56.998 for example. The zero is mandatory in long tracks like Le Mans or the Nurburgring. Also a single zero for the minutes is mandatory in short tracks where fast cars go for sub-minute times.

Tell me which lap boards are messed up. I found Deep Forest with broken title bar and fixed it. Only checked the ones you posted and other seem ok.

After you re-enter the times in correct format, go the column label. It's 'E' for most of the tabs. Click on the little triangle and select:
- Sort a->z for the lap tabs
- Sort z->a for the top speed tab
If your time isn't sorted properly, re-check the format and re-enter according to the ones you see on table ;)

Added Nissan Leaf in my 10 test tracks. I already drove the Mitsubishi i-MIEV, but wanted to try a medium range electrical car before the Tesla.

👍 I found a very driveable engine, coupled with a very grippy front axis. This car doesn't suffer understeer at all!!
👎 Top speed and engine noise.

They updated the VW 1200 in 2.04 patch. I think I'm going to test it... again.

I have some times for the R-35 TC, however I've rather been put off uploading them and/or getting some more times. At the moment I have no computer internet connection, so can't update to the board online :-/ let you know when this is rectified so I can put times up again.

Added VW Beetle 1200 in my 10 test tracks + Kart Space I + Spa. It's a lot faster :dopey: than the lightned pre 2.04 update.

👍 Herbie!!!!!
👎 Gear ratio. Too short. The old '49 one has better top speed.

EDIT: What are you asking about DLC tracks?

A bit odd. We should add both 0-60mph and 0-100kmh. How about the others? I have the 0-200kmh, 400m and 1000m tests.
The board is focused on laptimes. The top speed test was an exception. You should ask to OP if he agrees to add all these performance tests.

I've added a column next to the gear use/max gear column in the Top Speed tab that is reserved for 0-60 times. From what I've read, Route X gives you exact top speed and exact 0-60 times? My PS3 is still broken so I haven't had a chance to check out all the new DLC and updates. This should be a nice addition, but I think a new tab is unnecessary at this point.

I've added a new tab called "Route X Testing" with columns for each category Catlin mentioned. If there is any other data provided by a Route X run, feel free to add a new column for it.

Also, I copied the data from Catlin's best time on Route X into the new tab.

Metric environment tests:
0-100kph - You can't convert the first one, column should be added
0-200kph - is the same of 124mph, I guess

Added Mini Cooper S '11 and Renault 5 Turbo on my 10 test tracks.

Mini Cooper S '11
Of course very close to the '07 already tested model, but still slower than French tested best hatchbacks.

Renault 5 Turbo
This car, if suspension tuned, should go a lot faster. Really, it can go on kerbs without jumping, but you will not be able to push it without driving on eggs. It can be driven very softly or more aggressive, but the result is the same: oversteer, and general lack of speed. I agree the car has more than 30 years, but wished a bit more from this "hatchback Elise".

PROs: manouvrability
CONS: the rear end is very loose, the overall grip doesn't satisfy me

Duck,what are your 10 test tracks?

thinking of doing something similar myself.
Montecarlo
Tsukuba
L. Seca
G. Valley
Suzuka
Nordschleife
Monza
LM '05 unchicaned
Indy SS
Daytona SS

Since DLC I also hotlap Spa and Kart Space I, but I don't use them for my car ranking (look in signature) ;)

I have added the following cars to the Route X sheet:
Aston Martin V12 Vantage
Aston Martin V8 Vantage
RUF CTR "Yellow Bird"
Dodge SRT4
Audi R10 TDI Race Car '06
Mitsubishi FTO GPX (tuned)
Volkswagen Golf I GTI

On the sheet however, the 0-200 kph test column is missing.

Dylan,might i suggest that you convert the top speed times to mph,otherswise if you ever want to sort out which is fastest or slowest it wont be correct.

I have added the following cars to the Route X sheet:
Aston Martin V12 Vantage
Aston Martin V8 Vantage
RUF CTR "Yellow Bird"
Dodge SRT4
Audi R10 TDI Race Car '06
Mitsubishi FTO GPX (tuned)
Volkswagen Golf I GTI

On the sheet however, the 0-200 kph test column is missing.

Please convert speeds to the imperial standards (kph/1.609). I just added the 0-200kph test to the board, as well as bottom class cars. As we don't need minutes, I removed them from the format, updating your cells too.

EDIT: I did the job. The board is sorted Z->A for top speeds. What shall we do with the old top speed tab? I'm slowly moving my cars from there to the Route X one.

Panda & Karmann added to Spa & Kart Space I

Last edited:
Added Audi quattro '82 to my ten test tracks.

It's an iconic car I really love but, stock, it's a very boring car 👎
Despite of short wheelbase and ground height it's very stable. Just don't miss braking point and it will corner without rear end breezes. The bad side is throttle understeer. You need to go on power early, as power on single wheels is low, but it has the worst undesteering front end in the whole lot I tested: also it has a short 2nd gear, and this doesn't help too, and exit speed is affected. Add to it a very very long 4th gear, 4WD power absorption and standard engine noise (where is the characteristic I5 music?). There are better cars in the <400PP range, but not that much, and maybe it's the best 4WD one. In my rankings it's just a little slower than the Mini Cooper S '07, and a bit faster of the BMW 120d, which has 40CV less. But don't forget that the lady is in her thirties :)

Pros: suspensions, kerb attack
Cons: weight distribution, gear choice

Also:
DAIHATSU Sirion CX 2WD ('98)
MITSUBISHI I-MiEV ('09)
FORD Ka ('01)
added to Spa & Kart Space I

EDIT 18/4:
added Fiat 500 1.2 8V to Spa & Kart Space I

Last edited:
This thread has no doubt, died.

A main factor to the death of the Lap Time Board would most likely be my lack of PS3 for a long time. I finally got off my lazy butt and bought myself a PS3 so I could once again play Gran Turismo!

I am here to try to revive my lap time board! If this looks interesting to you, please contribute!

Last edited:
Hi HotRodKing, and Merry Christmas.
Well, I'm still here. Never stopped playing GT5, but was away from this forum from May to November, and I'm slowly regaining my old favourite threads.
I'll add all my hotlaps since April as soon as I can ;)

New Times Added

Suzuka Circuit East Course
Nissan SKYLINE Sport Coupe (BLRA-3) '62: 1:13.218 (Comfort Medium)

Tsukuba Circuit
Volkswagen typ2(T1) SambaBus '62: 1:01.314 (Racing Soft)

Back