SVX's Gallery: 10/12/13: Closure

• Thread starter SVX
  • 329 comments
Well done, looks good and I'm looking forward to the rest of the set. 👍
It's easy to forget to feather the selections but you soon get in the habit - it's good to see you're getting something out of my little tutorial. :)

Very nice update Josh. I really like the picturesqueness of the photo and smooth(not to be unnatural) background blur in the background, the combination of a German car with a sincere German circuit clearly is reminiscent of what the routine sights of the Nurburgring track has to be for us car nuts! :drool:

Sweet looking preview!
This is gonna be good, I know it. 👍

Thanks guys. :cheers:

Well done, looks good and I'm looking forward to the rest of the set. 👍
It's easy to forget to feather the selections but you soon get in the habit - it's good to see you're getting something out of my little tutorial. :)

Thanks mate. Love your tutorial, it has helped me so much! :cheers:

Very nice update Josh. I really like the picturesqueness of the photo and smooth(not to be unnatural) background blur in the background, the combination of a German car with a sincere German circuit clearly is reminiscent of what the routine sights of the Nurburgring track has to be for us car nuts! :drool:

Thanks a lot for the indepth comment YellowBird! :cheers:

03/01/13: A new beginning.

You may realize that this set has nothing to do with the previous update, which was a preview...

...you'd be right in thinking so. :dunce:

That set hasn't been forgotten. It still in the works (if you can say that 'hasn't been worked on since I posted the preview' in the works :dunce:). I reason for my longish delay was because, all of a sudden, my USB decided to format itself, which meant I couldn't access my shots. Now that it's been fixed, I can access my shots again! :D

I decided to release this one first though, as it's meant to showcase the beginning of a new year (which explains the title). Hopefully, it will also be a beginning to a new era with my photography style. I'm now trying to focus more on curves and colour balance.

If you go back to the first post, you'll notice a new banner. That's all new, courtesy of my PMC 2.0 Week 89 entry (you'll find it in this set as well! [/shamelessplug]).

This set consists of my PMC 2.0 Week 89/Photomode Tournament Season 05 Qualifier rejects (it was the same shoot).

You'll also notice a new signature, courtesy of gtuned. Mega thanks! :cheers:

Also, thanks a lot to Moglet for his colour balancing tutorial. Most of the shots in this set have made use of his example and tutorial. :cheers:

Well, enough of the talking; on to the pictures! :D

Oh, before I finish, HAPPY NEW YEAR GTP! :cheers:

Thanks for looking! :cheers:

C&C are welcome. :)

Welcome back to the Photomode scene mate! It's great to have you (and your pictures) back. :cheers:

I really like the cold feel in the 6th picture, by the way. 👍

Well, all the shots are from the same angle etc., not too good.
Doesn't change the fact, that the photos itself look stunning and carry loads of atmosphere!

Well done, Josh! :cheers:

Well hello there. Been a while.
The style looks good, very deep. I really like it! 👍
I wanna see more where those came from!

I couldn't give a crap if all these photos are from the same angle(s). The first thing that comes to my mind is "YES!!!! OH MY GAWD!!!!"

Just for the fact that you have returned. All my favourite photographers are coming back! Yay for more inspiration! :D 👍

Shots three & five are my favourites!

SVX is back! (very much unlike me) Happy new year to you too :)

Great shots as well! 👍

Thanks man, you too (although it's a bit late for that now. :lol:)

Welcome back to the Photomode scene mate! It's great to have you (and your pictures) back. :cheers:

I really like the cold feel in the 6th picture, by the way. 👍

Many thanks GT-R. :cheers:

Last shot is baller!

Thanks. :)

Well, all the shots are from the same angle etc., not too good.
Doesn't change the fact, that the photos itself look stunning and carry loads of atmosphere!

Well done, Josh! :cheers:

Yeah, in reflection I should of done more of a variety of angles. Thanks! :cheers:

Sweet cockpit shot! :drool:
Excellent restart, Joshua!

Thanks Justin. :cheers:

5# e 6# , love them ! Very artistic :drool:

Thanks man! :cheers:

Well hello there. Been a while.
The style looks good, very deep. I really like it! 👍
I wanna see more where those came from!
Close to a year to saying that, but I'm finally posting another set. :lol:

Thanks. 👍

GPR
Not bad SVX, number 6 is pretty sweet and my fav. Like the cold toning too. 👍

Thanks mate. 👍

Very nice set, like the 5th and 6th shots a lot!

Thanks a lot! :cheers:

BkS
I couldn't give a crap if all these photos are from the same angle(s). The first thing that comes to my mind is "YES!!!! OH MY GAWD!!!!"

Just for the fact that you have returned. All my favourite photographers are coming back! Yay for more inspiration! :D 👍

Shots three & five are my favourites!

:blush:

Oh_stop_it_you.png

I like the mood in number 7.

Thanks TVR&FF. 👍

all are great but #7 is my favorite overall... the lighting and angle certainly set it apart

Thanks! :cheers:

Nice set man :cheers:!

Thanks man. :)

The Chase

So, with GT6 exactly a week away, I've decided to blow the dust off my gallery and release all of my unreleased shots and replays. Expect daily updates, full of recently edited old crap. :lol:

Featuring @Nato_777

11105073765_e41156c8d8.jpg

And a few random shots.

Many thanks for looking! :cheers:

Comments and criticism are welcome. :)

Last edited:
Your shots always take on a nicer use of background blur than mine have at almost any point of my time in GT5. 👍 And that's always something quite admirable. The first and last shots of "The Chase" are perfect examples. A nice small way to set off GT5. 👍

Your shots always take on a nicer use of background blur than mine have at almost any point of my time in GT5. 👍 And that's always something quite admirable. The first and last shots of "The Chase" are perfect examples. A nice small way to set off GT5. 👍

Thanks for stopping by man, thanks a lot for a compliment. :cheers:

Oh, that's not all! :D

Chillin' in the Shade

The shots in this set were the outtakes from my 2.0 entry about a year ago. They were inspired by @Moglet 's Fiat 500 shots at the same place if I recall correctly.

And a random X2010 shot to top it off.

Thanks a lot for looking! :cheers:

Comments and criticism are welcome. :)

Nice works, Joshua! 👍

Let's see how your skills will be in GT6! ;)

SVX

Thanks for stopping by man, thanks a lot for a compliment. :cheers:

Oh, that's not all! :D

Chillin' in the Shade

The shots in this set were the outtakes from my 2.0 entry about a year ago. They were inspired by @Moglet 's Fiat 500 shots at the same place if I recall correctly.

I did indeed take some Fiat 500 shots in the same place! This is an awesome set, really makes me want to get back in to GT photography. Maybe when GT6 comes out...

I just wanted to praise the previous set and there's already a new one.:eek:

Great job on both of them, SVX. Liking the clean style a lot.:drool:

Nice to see you around again, as Alex mentions you have a clean style which is quite pleasant. Out of the bunch I like the composition and framing of the X2010 shot best. 👍

I like a lot the F430 shot in Ahrweiler. Both versions (color or b&w) are really beautiful. And nice night shots with the 458 and the SLR, they have a great mood 👍
The Golf is superb, very clean very colorful with some beautiful bokeh. And I agree with George about the last one : excellent one !

There isn't really anything extra for me to add. The clean editing looks great, and the Golf's wheels are terrible. :lol: But nonetheless, a good update.

Nice works, Joshua! 👍

Let's see how your skills will be in GT6! ;)

Thanks Justin! 👍

Hopefully you will see very soon. :dopey:

I did indeed take some Fiat 500 shots in the same place! This is an awesome set, really makes me want to get back in to GT photography. Maybe when GT6 comes out...

Many thanks Moglet, glad you approve. :)

I just wanted to praise the previous set and there's already a new one.:eek:

Great job on both of them, SVX. Liking the clean style a lot.:drool:

What can I say? Was really eager to get my editing skills back up again. :D

GPR
Nice to see you around again, as Alex mentions you have a clean style which is quite pleasant. Out of the bunch I like the composition and framing of the X2010 shot best. 👍

Thanks GPR! :)

I like a lot the F430 shot in Ahrweiler. Both versions (color or b&w) are really beautiful. And nice night shots with the 458 and the SLR, they have a great mood 👍
The Golf is superb, very clean very colorful with some beautiful bokeh. And I agree with George about the last one : excellent one !

Thanks a lot for the in depth feedback, means a lot. :)

I like the overall lighting and composition in number 4.

Thanks TVR&FF. 👍

There isn't really anything extra for me to add. The clean editing looks great, and the Golf's wheels are terrible. :lol: But nonetheless, a good update.

Thanks man. 👍

The wheels? You can blame @cphbullet for that. :P

Closure

GT5 was an important step for me. After years and years of looking up to the greats of the Photomode hall of fame, on Christmas, 2012, I received my own invite into the world. I started out a bit shaky, with some seriously atrocious shots that I can't even get my head around how I thought it was good.

A few times though, I'd get something I'd be incredibly happy with.

This shot, for me, was the total turning point for my Photography in GT5, and it still remains to be my favorite shot I've taken, ever.

I came close, oh so close to beating @rpanico14 's wonderful shot, but with a few days to spare, he took the lead and won.

Sure, I was guttered, but I knew that next week, I'd try even harder. This gave me the will to win.

Just about a two years later, I ended up never winning a GT5 competition, but with GT6 now being in our grubby little hands, I am going to try to change that.

Below are my most favorite shots I've taken in my, 'career', I guess you could say, of GT5 photography.

Thanks very much for stopping by, I look forward to seeing you all in GT6! :D

:gtpflag:

Back