GPR's Gallery - GT5 Farewell - Set 4 - The Finale

• Thread starter GPR
  • 919 comments
In my opinion, these look very well done. There are some "bleeding" issues of where you can see a feather from the car to the background, but overall, I like this. One or two are slightly over-sharpened (could just be my eyes though), but again, it's not really noticeable.

The weather edit is pretty funky as well. It's very minimal in terms of weather editing, but it's just right in my opinion.

Nice work! 👍

BkS
In my opinion, these look very well done. There are some "bleeding" issues of where you can see a feather from the car to the background, but overall, I like this. One or two are slightly over-sharpened (could just be my eyes though), but again, it's not really noticeable.

The weather edit is pretty funky as well. It's very minimal in terms of weather editing, but it's just right in my opinion.

Nice work! 👍

Yeah totally see the bleeding issue. Although that wasn't a result of a feathered selection, it actually occured naturally after some filtering. :indiff:

Hear ya on the sharpening, sometimes after I sharpen and then do some high contrast work on a shot it makes the edges go a bit crappy.

Thanks for the comment. 👍 :)

Great job on this set, love it!

Cheers NB, glad you like it. :D

Good work, George; I like the new style you've approached. The low background saturation allows you to go for a lower colour saturation with regard to the car, which means that the colours look more natural in general. 👍

Good work, George; I like the new style you've approached. The low background saturation allows you to go for a lower colour saturation with regard to the car, which means that the colours look more natural in general. 👍

Thanks GT-R. :) I apprecaite the technical feedback on the wet edit too. I'll definitely have to try and better it I think. ;) 👍

Thanks very much ZEROX, I was hoping they came across as realistic. :)

Merry Christmas to you too. :cheers:

Something a bit different for me post-wise. Now that i'm into the comps a little more than I used to be.

My recent comp entries...

PMC2.0 Wk108

PMC2.0 Wk109

PMC3.0 Trial Wk

The first picture is definitely my favourite - very good lighting and a great atmosphere. 👍

Thanks mate, I was pretty happy with the feel I got from that shot. :) 👍

Last one is nice! :D

Cheers Ken, glad you like it and felt compelled to comment. :D 👍

I really liked how it came out, had I more time before the comp deadline I would have done more with it as it seems the subtle editing on it hasn't resulted in as many votes as some others. :indiff:

Many thanks for the comments guys. :cheers:

Been away from a computer for a few days so haven't commented yet. The Jag set is fantastic - I love the subdued saturation in contrast to the nice bright blue on the Jag - brilliant! :bowdown:
Your recent entries collection is great too - the 2.0 Week 109 and 3.0 entries are real standouts! :drool: 👍 :)

Last edited:
The Jaguar set looks like it came straight out of a magazine. Great stuff. Very inspiring as well. 👍

And I loooove your 30 entry.

Been away from a computer for a few days so haven't commented yet. The Jag set is fantastic - I love the subdued saturation in contrast to the nice bright blue on the Jag - brilliant! :bowdown:
Your recent entries collection is great too - the 2.0 Week 109 and 3.0 entries are real standouts! :drool: 👍 :)

Thanks very much Nathan, appreciate the great comment. It's new edit style I felt like trying 👍 :D
And i'm pretty happy with my comp entries too. :sly:

The Jaguar set looks like it came straight out of a magazine. Great stuff. Very inspiring as well. 👍

And I loooove your 30 entry.

Thanks man, high praise indeed. I was kind of going for a car brochure/mag look. Glad you see them like that. :)

Very nice Jaguar set :drool: Sense of speed in those shot is excellent. Also like the minimalist style of your Aventador.

Cheers, I do like moving pictures. I have noticed I don't have many still/pose shots in my sets, probably should mix it up a bit. Anyway thanks for the comment. 👍

I might have a set up in the next couple days, well at least that's what I'm aiming for.

Oh, last set with Jar... this is glorious set, GPR!
I very like angles, composition and colors on photos, great work! :drool:

Oh, last set with Jar... this is glorious set, GPR!
I very like angles, composition and colors on photos, great work! :drool:

Thanks MadMoss,I apprecaite the comment. :)

Your last updates are amazing. :drool: Love Merc and Jag sets and your last update as well. :)

Cheers SM. Always nice to get a comment like this from a super talent like yourself. :cheers:

That Aventador "Black Ops" Shot. Gotta clean my pants now :lol:

Lol, I didn't realize my work had the potential to act as a laxative ;) Thanks mate. :D

Great entries :) I love your 2.0 108 entry! 👍

Thanks man, didn't do quite as well as was hoping with that shot but I noticed I got your vote. :) Thanks mate 👍

GPR
Thanks mate, I was pretty happy with the feel I got from that shot. :) 👍

[...]
Well, I caught myself looking at that picture almost every day since it was posted. There's something about this picture which I'm not able to put my finger on...

Time for a set and a fairly sizable one too. This ones a collection of shots from the shoot I did for the 3.0 trial, I like quite few shots I took so wanted to make a set eventually.

Also took me longer than I anticipated partialy because of the amount. I'm pretty happy with it but am aware it's not perfect and there are things that could be further refined but I didn't really want to keep at it too long. Still finding colour banding a pretty major issue when really playing around with colouring and filtering. :grumpy:

Hope you guys like them. :)

Lamborghini Aventador
@ Special Stage Route X

Click for larger images

Black Ops Poster

For this one I actually did a HDR photomerge, my first actually.

Click Full Size Poster

#1, #2, #8, and #18 especially, are insanely good :drool: #10 is also really nice. Just too bad about the color banding.

Back