â—† SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,746 comments
Will there be Monday Mayhem tonight? I would be interested, but it used to be kind of on/off sometimes. Does t run every week now?

Good to hear from you again, Dylan! We haven't had Monday Mayhem in a while, but it sounds like Rally is going to put something together soon. đź‘Ť

Are you free to race again? :D

On my second Cerbera race i started in third from last, 7th i believe, and tried a new trick........... I started the race in second gear. Guys, i enter the first corner in SECOND PLACE!!! I passed everyone on start. I was like...YEEEEAAAAAAHHHH!

I started in 4th gear, and didn't have to shift to 5th until 140mph. It bit me in the first race because I qualified poorly and spun out trying to get around everyone at the start. In the second race, I jumped into the lead by several seconds before everyone caught back up with me (which didn't take long. I sucked at that combo).

An update on tracks that have not been used for a S.N.A.I.L. Sunday race:

Kart Space II
Autumn Ring Mini / Reverse
Cape Ring Inside
London (std)
Madrid Mini
Madrid Mini / Reverse
Eiger short /Reverse
Grand Valley East
Grand Valley East / Reverse
High Speed Ring / Reverse
GreenValley Speedway / Reverse

Also the OCD still has a bunch of great cars and they are real bargains at the moment.

Current OCD

Thanks for that OCD link, joby! I've always wondered if there was a thread like that. Now that I know about it, I'll be adding it to the bottom of the results posts so that prize winners will conveniently be able to tell whether the OCD is in it's first or second week. That determination is important because it changes whether the maximum car price is $5M or just $999,999 (when selecting from the OCD).

Got back home today and, according to the little ticket thing in the mail box, my shirt arrived on December 28. So cheers, zer0 :D

Steward Update

It appears that the winners are free from complaints this week. Pick away, boys! My vote is for the Prius at Indy Speedway. With a CVT transmission Bowler shouldn't have any limiter to worry aboutÂ…

In that case my choice is to switch the track to Kart Space.....

Just kidding. My pick is Laguna Seca with the Caterham. Hope you all like it. If not at least it's not Kart Space. Right!?!?

Got back home today and, according to the little ticket thing in the mail box, my shirt arrived on December 28. So cheers, zer0 :D

Good stuff, tez! Let us know when you actually have it.

I assume you'll be back on the grid this Sunday? :dopey:

I will not be racing this week, I will be in a wedding. I'm not sure why they're having the wedding on a Sunday night though.

Good stuff, tez! Let us know when you actually have it.

I assume you'll be back on the grid this Sunday? :dopey:

Picked it up today....I didn't see any personalised Christmas card by you though, missed a trick there :lol:

And yep, I should be back on the grid for this Sunday.

Just kidding. My pick is Laguna Seca with the Caterham. Hope you all like it. If not at least it's not Kart Space. Right!?!?

Brace yourselves, the complaints about the corkscrew are coming. :nervous:

No compaints from me though, challenge accepted đź‘Ť

I've really enjoyed racing with you guys over the past year, but I think I should be moved to the Associate Snails list. I've moved on to iRacing and I'm finding it harder and harder to turn it off and turn the PS3 on, especially now that I have triples in iRacing.

I want to give a big Thank You to zero, cheeb, everyone who volunteers and contributes, and even the guys who just show up and race. You all have made SNAIL an awesome place to be!

I'll still hang around the threads and hop in some races now and then. I just don't expect to be a regular on Sunday nights anymore.

imag0329l.jpg

My goodness Spooble... that's a heck of a set you got there buddy. **** if i had anything like that i would be smocking division one ahahahahhaah:sly:

I'm sorry to hear that, spooble. I still hope to see you show up for an occasional Sunday though. :)

FWIW, triple screens in GT5 are pretty cool too. I know you're already gone the iRacing route, but I'd argue that investing in triples for GT5 is a solid play as well. For example, I probably paid less for my two extra PS3's and two extra copies of GT5 (which I can use forever or resell later) than you paid iRacing just to race for one year. I'm not criticizing your decision, just pointing out that getting triples for GT5 is not as expensive as many seem to think. ;)

Btw, nice setup! Is that custom-built desk?? :drool:

I've really enjoyed racing with you guys over the past year, but I think I should be moved to the Associate Snails list. I've moved on to iRacing and I'm finding it harder and harder to turn it off and turn the PS3 on, especially now that I have triples in iRacing.

I want to give a big Thank You to zero, cheeb, everyone who volunteers and contributes, and even the guys who just show up and race. You all have made SNAIL an awesome place to be!

I'll still hang around the threads and hop in some races now and then. I just don't expect to be a regular on Sunday nights anymore.

Nice set up Spooble. Question about iRacing...does it restrict you to only using the cockpit view or can you race in 3rd person?

For example, I probably paid less for my two extra PS3's and two extra copies of GT5 (which I can use forever or resell later) than you paid iRacing just to race for one year. I'm not criticizing your decision, just pointing out that getting triples for GT5 is not as expensive as many seem to think. ;)

Actually, it's only $99 per year. Or $49 if, like me, you buy during the Black Friday/Christmas deals. Extra content can be expensive if you try to buy it all at one time, though (cars are $12, tracks $15). But it's not too bad if you space it out.

That being said, triples for PS3 isn't off the table. It's just not gonna happen soon. :)

Btw, nice setup! Is that custom-built desk?? :drool:

Yeah. I'm a function-over-form kind of guy. 2x6's and 3/4" boards work fine for me. :)

Nice set up Spooble. Question about iRacing...does it restrict you to only using the cockpit view or can you race in 3rd person?

Yes, cockpit only.

hillracing

Yeahhhh!!! sign me up!

Shall be a really fun race! Good pick Hill!

When I tried it last year, it was only cockpit view but it was a very good cockpit view. Much better than what GT5 has. I run 3rd person in GT5 just so I can see who is around me and it was not a difficult adjustment to go to cockpit in iRacing.

The cost for the subscription isn't all that bad, but when you have to start shelling out $10 and up for every car and at least the same for each track, it can add up pretty quick.

spooble

Step away from the pc ...

Seriously, cool setup and good luck with iRacing. My experience wasn't particularly positive, but given their numbers I'd say I was the exception.

Come racing with us anytime dude đź‘Ť

All the best in iRacing, spooble. I had a blast racing around you, and the majority of our battles were great fun :)

Spooble I will miss racing with you, and listening to your smooth SC baritone. Hope I didn't make this weird just now.:sly: O yea have fun with Iracing!

To replace the Speed 12 and HSR,

I choose the TVR Tamora '02 at Deep Forest Raceway.

Thanks for announcing your Prize A and Prize B selections so quickly!

The January 13th lineup has been posted!!
:gtpflag:

Not sure... After thrashing the California countryside all too often, the Caterham has quickly fallen off the list of Cars I Like and onto my list of Kaz Is An Ass And I Do Not Like.

I will practice more, I guess. =}:-{(#

Back