◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,801 comments
I pretty sure I haven't been pushed or ran over in a loooong time. I'd like to think I know clean racing. LoL

I think we are all clean racers. Especially those of us that have been racing in Snail on a consistent basis.

When I race with a new guy or group you have to learn each racer in how they race. We all race alittle different and its just knowing what the racer is going to do when you get around him.

I need this!

If we go with the new REP system you are basically at 0 points and would need to earn 3 points during Wednesday practice and possibly racecraft training sessions in order to get back racing Sunday nights. I think that is how it works.

I would like to volunteer my humble services to anyone needing them, by sharing what I know and understand in regards to OLR and The Good Racecraft Guide; and do my best to answer any questions and concerns. Anything I can't answer at the time I will take back to the stewards for discussion. I would also make myself available to explain any penalties assessed the previous week. This would be scheduled via PM request and best done "on track".

Last edited:
All drivers need to read and understand the SNAIL OLR. Maybe there should be a test given to new members and any members that are a continual problem. If you can't read and understand, how can you be expected to live up to it?

I'm not going to sit there and read it to them, but I am absolutely willing to answer any specific questions and offer on track examples of how the stewards interpret and apply to OLR.

I remember, when I started out in Half-midgets (we ran twin-2strokers) - my first 2-3 practice sessions - several of the veterans would come out on the tract and do just what Owens suggested. They were all around me, tight, passing, blocking (to make me pass clean), and then on all four sides .... increasing the speed with each lap. A guy either passed or had to keep coming back until "they approved" - then you were cleared to join them on Friday Nights.

That might be a good idea for Div 5 drivers (may I sign up?) to get involved in. We just might see improvement in the Division - myself included.
IMHO

I need this!

If we go with the new REP system you are basically at 0 points and would need to earn 3 points during Wednesday practice and possibly racecraft training sessions in order to get back racing Sunday nights. I think that is how it works.

That sounds about right, but it was jobyone's idea so let's see if that's what he had in mind.

I would like to volunteer my humble services to anyone needing them, by sharing what I know and understand in regards to OLR and The Good Racecraft Guide; and do my best to answer any questions and concerns. Anything I can't answer at the time I will take back to the stewards for discussion. I would also make myself available to explain any penalties assessed the previous week. This would be scheduled via PM request and best done "on track".

Thanks for stepping up and taking on this important role. I've added you as "Racecraft Coach" to the league responsibilities, but let me know if that doesn't sound right to you.

Last edited:
Alright fella's. A little return of Monday mayhem. While a response on your intention to show or not is not necessarily required, a little nod would be nice so I can gauge participation.

Hey guys, I'm out of town, so won't be able to race this Sunday. Good luck to all, I'll miss racing this week. Thanks guys.

Word on Sony Entertainment Network:

Planned Maintenance

As part of our continuing efforts to improve our products and services, our servers will be undergoing updates and maintenance this Thursday, January 17th, beginning at 8:00 a.m. (Pacific Time).

Note: The maintenance end time has been extended until approximately 9:00 p.m. (Pacific Time) Friday, January 18th.

Services will be unavailable during this time. We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your support.

Regards,
Sony Team

Lucky bugger.

It's a regional thing, so I guess you're in a good region. People were racing last night while I sat here wishing I was. I still can't sign in.

Lucky bugger.

It's a regional thing, so I guess you're in a good region. People were racing last night while I sat here wishing I was. I still can't sign in.

Nah my brother has a ps3 in the room next to mine and he can't sign in. I'm just lucky lol

That sounds about right, but it was jobyone's idea so let's see if that's what he had in mind.
That is one thing I had not thought out.

I have been thinking about it for the last few hours and would say that to be allowed to race again a driver that has been banned from Racing would need to get an ok (a 3 in my ranking idea) from three stewards. We could perhaps include the drivers with the highest REP in this list. The other thing I would say is this would not be a 1 week everything is fine. I would say that the driver would need to get 1 ok a week for three weeks. They could then enter the league but would still not be able to score points until they worked there score back up.

I know on one hand this is a bit harsh but when I looked at my scoring idea you really have to be showing poor race craft to get to the point were we would implement the ban. Getting back should not be easy. But as a league and as individuals we should do all that is possible to help the drivers that want to improve their race craft do just that.

Last edited:
Seasonals....
So i was doing the 400pp small car seasonal last night, the first 4 races are pretty easy to win; but then the 5th race at Kart Space the 1st place goes from having a 25 sec lead to 55 sec. Before the end of the first lap... I was able to get 2nd a couple of times within 5-6 seconds behind, is there a trick to this one?

Don't take the first couple of splits literally…the front car will have passed the first clock before you've even gotten started, therefore he'll have accelerated before you can.

I can't tell you how to beat it, I haven't even tried it, but those rabbit seasonals on short tracks are both deceiving and frustrating. Try a tune?

I've actually watch replays from these, and on the first lap, the front two cars sometimes run with a boost of some sort. On a number of seasonals, and special events, The first lap is way faster then the second lap, which even on a rolling start doesn't make sense. After the first lap though it goes away and they drive normal. After they have built a huge lead though. Im guessing that is the way PD prefers adjusting the difficulty of those events.
That said. what car are you using? there might be a car that's far better out of the box to chose. I know I learned the hard way on that. I did a few tuner challenges in the tuner section, and I always went for the unique car. To me that is the fun in tuning. Making a Volvo wagon, or Mazda Cosmo into an awesome handling, track worthy cars was a lot of fun. And while people liked my tunes, they just didn't stack up when pitted up against the more mainstream cars, or the premium cars. Cool factor only gets you so far I guess.
I found this also to be true when running seasonals. No point in running unique or different cars. Get the most obvious car as being the best, and run that. Tune as needed and adjust the engines power to change the difficulty as you like.

I've actually watch replays from these, and on the first lap, the front two cars sometimes run with a boost of some sort. On a number of seasonals, and special events, The first lap is way faster then the second lap, which even on a rolling start doesn't make sense. After the first lap though it goes away and they drive normal. After they have built a huge lead though. Im guessing that is the way PD prefers adjusting the difficulty of those events.
That said. what car are you using? there might be a car that's far better out of the box to chose. I know I learned the hard way on that. I did a few tuner challenges in the tuner section, and I always went for the unique car. To me that is the fun in tuning. Making a Volvo wagon, or Mazda Cosmo into an awesome handling, track worthy cars was a lot of fun. And while people liked my tunes, they just didn't stack up when pitted up against the more mainstream cars, or the premium cars. Cool factor only gets you so far I guess.
I found this also to be true when running seasonals. No point in running unique or different cars. Get the most obvious car as being the best, and run that. Tune as needed and adjust the engines power to change the difficulty as you like.

I always run the seasonals SNAIL style without any tuning; so perhaps it is extremely hard to do without any tuning at Kart Space. I tried the Renault Clio, Renault 85, one of the Peaguots and VW RSI. I think I am going to tune one of these in order to catch up that Rabbit.. Usually a Mini Cooper S or Peagot 207 (?).

Thanks for the feedback!

I always run the seasonals SNAIL style without any tuning; so perhaps it is extremely hard to do without any tuning at Kart Space. I tried the Renault Clio, Renault 85, one of the Peaguots and VW RSI. I think I am going to tune one of these in order to catch up that Rabbit.. Usually a Mini Cooper S or Peagot 207 (?).

I have one of those Lotus Elise type 72 '01 set up for 400PP with a tune I found on GTPlanet. It seems to work pretty well, although I haven't tried it with the new seasonals yet...maybe today :)

You could do what I do when I can't beat it, exit and reenter to change the AI grid. Look at the top few cars and if you see a rabbit, exit out of the race to the track selection and reenter, the grid may be different. Continue to do this until you feel confident you can beat the AI lineup.

The 206 rc stock is great in this event.

Just to keep it fresh.
S.N.A.I.L. Rally is Monday night!
be-there-be-square_logo.jpg

Seasonals....
So i was doing the 400pp small car seasonal last night, the first 4 races are pretty easy to win; but then the 5th race at Kart Space the 1st place goes from having a 25 sec lead to 55 sec. Before the end of the first lap... I was able to get 2nd a couple of times within 5-6 seconds behind, is there a trick to this one?

I haven't tried it but the jump from 25 sec to 55 is because in the beginning the guy in first starts next to the first checkpoint and you always start at the starting line

Back