F.I.T.T. - Clueless Classic Shootout (It's over. Thanks Everyone :D)

• Thread starter krenkme
  • 288 comments
Ridox2JGTE – 1:30.383 (Chevrolet Camaro Z28 RM ’69)

Great handling for a “big” car, very smooth. Lots of acceleration – I had to be careful not to gun it too much. Still suffered from the lack of agility of all of the larger entries. It would be interesting to compare these cars on a different track with fewer hairpins.

Thanks for the review, a fast time as well, if you are interested, bring the car to Trial Mountain, the car handles great there :D

FITT - Clueless Classic Shootout

Onboy123 – Ferrari 330 P4 ‘67
Lap: 01:28.086
This was a very fast and technical Ferrari tune. The both rear wheels will easily break traction if care is not taken with the accelerator. Brakes felt slightly weak but stability while stopping was great as I could enter a few of the turns with a controlled slide. The transmission worked best with holding a gear for as long as possible on tight sections and short shifting on the wider sections. The fastest achieved lap had three burnouts and a few single red tires but the car was manageable around the limit. There is definitely room for improvement if the driver possessed alien levels of throttle control. Overall, this was a challenging 60s Ferrari but still fun around the track.

3 burnouts and red tyres on the fastest lap? When did this become F&F? :lol: I'm joking, of course. I'm surprised that short shifting actually ended up being controllable, since power is delivered much like a turbo in the 5000RPM range, but it seems it worked for you. Thanks for the testing. 👍

Onboy123 – 1:28.190 (Ferrari 330 P4 ’67)

I’m not sure if this ended up being an official entry or not but I tested it anyway. I found it very easy to drive. It felt like I should be able to go faster, but it was still faster than the other P4's

See, Krenkme, your laziness has caused unrivaled confusion with my cars. :lol: Nah, I'm kidding. :P Thanks for the test, and don't worry, that time is (I think) exactly the same as the time I ran in it, and this Ferrari of mine might only be capable of a low 1:28 around here.

I will post commentaty later but my times are as follows. I did not get a FR hook up with wildheart before I passed out last night (thought I had you on or I'd have added you sooner :(). If that isn't sorted when I get home tonight I'll put the settings on one of mine and go for a quick spin.

Praiano63 - 1'26.677
Ugabugaz - 1'27.334
trackripper123 - 1'27.647
MotorCityHami - 1'28.054
Lewis_Hamilton_ - 1'28.293
Onboy123 - 1'28.917
MrGrado - 1'29.268
CSLACR - 1'29.901
krenkme - 1'30.305
Ridox2JZGTE - 1'30.402
Johnnypenso - 1'30.550
XDeperado67 - 1'30.667
Theo777 - 1'30.721

wildheart90 - 1'32.029
VTiRoj - 1'37.053

Last edited:
My times feel slow now after all the other tester's times. :D

Don't worry about it. Tunes have to work for drivers of all skill levels to be truly considered "all around". If it works for you and someone else and someone else and you're all different in terms of skill and lap time potential, then it's probably a pretty good tune. If it only works for the fastest, or slowest guys it's not a great all around tune and the tuner needs that feedback and make adjustments as necessary...or not..depends on their goal in tuning the car and whether they succeeded or not.

We all appreciate the tremendous effort of all test drivers. 👍👍

Don't worry about it. Tunes have to work for drivers of all skill levels to be truly considered "all around". If it works for you and someone else and someone else and you're all different in terms of skill and lap time potential, then it's probably a pretty good tune. If it only works for the fastest, or slowest guys it's not a great all around tune and the tuner needs that feedback and make adjustments as necessary...or not..depends on their goal in tuning the car and whether they succeeded or not.

We all appreciate the tremendous effort of all test drivers. 👍👍

I was just being silly, it doesn't bother me, really.

Test Results

Comments - I've been pretty under the weather since last week and feeling like a bag of monkey turds today, but I did test the heavier slower cars altogether last week, and the faster vintage race cars today so any effects due to feeling out of sorts will at least by isolated to groups that aren't competing with each other. My comments will be brief as well.

1:35.941 -VTiRoj - Alfa TZ2 Carrozzata da Zang. '65
Slowest of the group for obvious reasons, but still a fun drive. Much easier to drive close to the edge than most other cars. Entry was perhaps a touch sharp and it was bad on curbs but overall it was very good.

1:28.953 - XDesperado67 - Dodge Challenger R/T RM '70
A little sluggish mid corner, but overall pretty good grip. LSD a little on the weak side and some of the accel was lost in wheelspin. Good on curbs as well.

1:28.754 - Theo777 - Dodge Challenger R/T RM '70
LSD much too low, lost a lot of accel due to wheelspin, inside tire red nearly every corner exit. Good handling and decent grip otherwise but the LSD is a fatal flaw.

1:28.618 - Ridox2JGTE - Chevrolet CAMARO Z28 RM '69
As advertised it's feel big and heavy but had a suprising amount of grip regardless. LSD was very weak, leaving a lot of time lost under accel. Good on curbs due to soft setup.

1:27.734 - CSLACR - Chevrolet Camaro Z28 RM '69
Very responsive, stable, predictable and fast as a result. Hard to find fault here but perhaps the LSD could have been a tad stronger. Best of the heavyweights.

1:27.325 - Krenkme - Ferrari 330 P4 '67
Huge inside wheelspin dramatically affected getting the power down. A little on the unresponsive side through many corners and hard to get the front end to come around. Good on curbs.

1:26.785 - Wildheart - Ferrari 330 P4 '67
Dramatic entry oversteer and while downshifting made it tough to run consistent laps. Accel LSD was very good. Response was sharp.

1:26.656 - Onboy123 - Ferrari 330 P4 '67
Slight inside wheelspin, could have used a touch more LSD accel. Very stable, predictable and safe to drive. Little tight on exit. Very good balance.

1:26.597 - MrGrado - Jaguar XJ13 Race Car '66
LSD much too strong for me, very difficult to get the power down and run consistent laps. Bit on the sluggish side throughout the corners but good overall grip. Fix the LSD and you'd have a great car here.

1:26.429 - Johnnypenso - Ferrari 330 P4 '67 - Very good LSD balance. Car is a little too sharp on entry and requires quite a high skill level to get the most out of it. Best at putting the power to the ground of the Ferrari's.

1:25.959 - Lewis Hamilton - Ford Mark IV '67
Best of the non-2D's in my opinion. Excellent grip, stability and traction. Good throughout the corners, slight oversteer coming off throttle but easy to control. Great tune.

1:25.843 - Motor City Hami - Jaguar XJ13 Race Car '66
Pretty much an equal to Lewis' car above with the exception of a little weak LSD resulting in red inside tires sometimes. Very responsive overall, could use slightly more exit rotation.

1:26.024 - Trackripper123 - Chaparral 2D Race Car '67
A very safe version of the 2D but suffers from a lack of rotation and grip entry to exit. LSD was good, curbs were good, but just couldn't get the car to rotate and it cost major time on the track.

1:24.982 - praiano63 - CHAPARRAL 2D RACE CAR '67
Tons of grip, very responsive throughout the corner, LSD great. Only weakness might be just a little too sharp on entry. Can be controlled with downshifting, braking, throttle but keeps you on your toes. Excellent tune overall.

1:24.959 - Ugabugaz - CHAPARRAL 2D RACE CAR '67
Hard to find any faults with this tune. Has all the best attributes of the car while being safe, predictable and easy to push to the edge. Found the limit very quickly and easily. Well done.

NOTE: Still awaiting an FR from Wildheart...

Last edited:
You might as well give me the S800 now, krenkme. There's no way I'm not the slowest now. :P

1:26.024 - Trackripper123 - Chaparral 2D Race Car '67
A very safe version of the 2D but suffers from a lack of rotation and grip entry to exit. LSD was good, curbs were good, but just couldn't get the car to rotate and it cost major time on the track.

Thanks for driving it. :) I actually drove my tune for the first time today, and I agree with what all the testers have said so far about the understeer. If I had my PS3 when I had tuned the thing, that wouldn't be there, but oh well. :lol:

Got a PM from Wildheart and it'll be a few hours before he gets home from work to get me the FR. Depending on how I feel tonight, I may get it done or it might have to wait until tomorrow..sorry..

Thanks to all that have put up their test results 👍

I'm glad most people have been able to get on with my style of tuning.

Johnny, I saw that you got within just a couple of tenths of what I ran when I was making that tune, so I'm guessing we must have the same driving style too. Glad you found the car to be ok.

Test Results

1:24.959 - Ugabugaz - CHAPARRAL 2D RACE CAR '67
Hard to find any faults with this tune. Has all the best attributes of the car while being safe, predictable and easy to push to the edge. Found the limit very quickly and easily. Well done.

NOTE: Still awaiting an FR from Wildheart...

👍

Me and Praiano seem to be trading 1st and 2nd in every testie post. Glad you liked the car.

Looks like were waiting on just a couple more times from two testers, then we can call it and add up the times. 👍

Once I find some Wi-Fi, or get home, I'll link all testing and get to finding out where everyone placed. Thanks to everyone that took part, and I hope we all had FUN! :dopey:

Got a PM from Wildheart and it'll be a few hours before he gets home from work to get me the FR. Depending on how I feel tonight, I may get it done or it might have to wait until tomorrow..sorry..

Sorry things were fast paced at work today so I failed to read that it was supposed to be me that was sending the FR, it has been sent now.

trackripper123
Thanks for driving it. :) I actually drove my tune for the first time today, and I agree with what all the testers have said so far about the understeer. If I had my PS3 when I had tuned the thing, that wouldn't be there, but oh well. :lol:

Sorry Sir, I have failed you :(... :dopey:

Onboy123
No way he would have found out, so you should have ended it a bit earlier, just before he got back and had a chance to drive. :lol:

Actually I think it's his new PS3. It's not compatible with shared 2D race cars shared from my IP address :dopey:

P.s. I hope your enjoying your new ride Roj :dopey:

awardsshow.png

Hello, and welcome to the Clueless Classics Shootout Awards Show :dopey:
*clap, clap, clap*
We have had a good bit of fun running classic race cars around the track. Fifteen cars/tuners, and seven testdrivers later we have some awards to hand out.....
*clap, clap, clap*
.... but first (... which is an odd way to walk into a room...), lets meet the entries
*clap, clap, clap*

-First off we have the host of the shootout, krenkme. Tuning a Ferrari 330 P4 '67, we don't know much of him exept that he likes Tacos :dopey:
-Next is the legendary Wallbanger, XDesperado67. Tuning a Dodge Challenger R/T RM '70, you can be sure the owner of the Cafe has made an amazing muscle.
-Then we have one of the founding members of RKM, VTiRoj. With the driving enjoyment of the Alfa TZ2 Carrozzata da Zang. '65, we can be sure he likes Hondas :lol:
-Independent tuner Ugabugaz will be looking to make a big splash while tuning the CHAPARRAL 2D RACE CAR '67.
-Our first piano player in the group, Onboy123, is entering the next Ferrari 330 P4 '67. Maybe we can get him to play during the speeches... oh, wait, he is playing a song for the Dr.
-Tuning one of the best looking cars is MrGrado, with his Jaguar XJ13 Race Car '66
-Our next piano man, Trackripper123, said his PS3 was broke to tune his, Chaparral 2D Race Car '67. I think he couldn't shell out the 15+mil. Cr. for the car,
-The always active, fun tuner, praiano63, entered another CHAPARRAL 2D RACE CAR '67. It does kinda look like a fish.
-One of Clueless tunes finest, Theo777, has entered a Dodge Challenger R/T RM '70. Great sound and great look. Can't wait to see what it does.
-CSLACR calls Photo Finish home, and now he bring his Chevrolet Camaro Z28 RM '69 to this shootout.
-Welcoming back wildheart90 to the shootout scene he has choosen another Ferrari 330 P4 '67
-No ABS guru Ridox2JGTE, was forced to tune with ABS1 in his Chevrolet CAMARO Z28 RM '69 entry.
-In another Ferrari 330 P4 '67, Johnnypenso is looking to make another big splash in the tuning shootouts.
-New to the tuning shootouts, Lewis_Hamilton_, has entered the only ford in the shootout in the Ford Mark IV '67. Nice to have ya'
-And last, Motor City Hami. LSD professer, and a man that is "green" has entered the last Jaguar XJ13 Race Car '66.
*clap, clap, clap*

Lets get the awards going with the people that make these posible. The TESTERS!
krenkme (PSN - krenkme) - TESTS
iainoflo85 (PSN - iainoflo85) - TESTS
biffa3 (PSN - biffa3) - TESTS
Luv2drive (PSN - jeffj6767) - TESTS
Theo777 (PSN - zigatan) - TESTS
DigitalBaka (PSN - DigitalBaka) - TESTS

*CLAP, CLAP, CLAP*

Remember ALL TESTERS!!! get - Any Premium car under 500,000cr for testing.
And that leads us to the first Award -
*drum roll*
The winner of the fastest lap award is....
...Johnnypenso with a 1:24.959 in Ugabugaz CHAPARRAL 2D RACE CAR '67
*clap, clap clap*

And now the times. The top five will be awarded here, but if you'd like to see where all the cars ranked please go HERE

In fifth place, and winner of Any Premium car under 75,000cr (tuned by Clueless if you'd like) is - Lewis_Hamilton_ with the time of 616.136 seconds
In fourth place, ind winner of Any premium car under 125,000cr (tuned by Clueless if you'd like) is - Motor City Hami with the time of 614.215 seconds
In third place, and winner of Any Premium car under 250,000cr (tuned by Clueless if you'd like) is - Trackripper123 with the time of 614.002 seconds
In second place, and winner of Any Premium car under 500,000cr (tuned by Clueless if you'd like) is - Ugabugaz with the time of 609.269 seconds
*clap, clap, clap*

And the winner of the shootout with the fastest time and the winner of Any Premium tradeable Car (tuned by Clueless if you'd like) is - praiano63 with the time of 608.774 seconds
*clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap*
Congrats to all of you. It was a very fun shootout, but we're not done yet. We need to know who the testers think were the best drives.

DRIVERS CHOICE
Here is how they voted -
DigitalBaka
Here's my DC selections for the classic buckets racecars. :dopey:

1 - Roj
2 - Ugabugaz
3 - MCHami

Fun event. PD threw that wrench in there with the update but well handled, sir! 👍
Johnnypenso
Drivers Choice Ranking

1. Ugabugaz
2. Lewis Hamilton
3. CSLACR
luv2drive
My Driver's Choice:

1st - ugabugaz
2nd -praiano63
3rd - MotorCityHami

Thanks for putting a great shootout!
Theo777
Driver's Choices
1st Praiano63's Chaparral 2D
2nd CSLACR's Camaro RM
3rd Motor City Hami's Jaguar XJ13
biffa3
Here are my drivers choices.

1st - Trackripper123's 2D.
The easiest car to drive for me in these tests, and considering it was a blind tune, very well done. He should probably thank you for helping him out too.

2nd - Motor City Hamilton's Jag.
Was glad to see a different offering than the Ferrari's by the time I got to this. Very good tune.

3rd - CSLACR's Camaro
Quickest of the none 'racecars' and a great drive.

Cheers
krenkme
1st - Trackripper
2nd- MotorCityHami
3rd - Roj

iainoflo85
Hi Krenkme,

Here is my top three driver's choice:

1. Onboy's Ferrari
2. Ugabugaz's 2D
3. VTiRoj's Giulia

Soooo that means that-
1st - Ugabagaz = 20pts
2nd - MotorCityHami = 14pts
3rd - Trackripper = 12pts
4th - VTiRoj = 10pts
5th(tie) - CSLACR, praiano = 8pts
6th - Onboy = 6
7th - Lewis_Hamilton_ = 4pts
*clap, clap, clap*

A big congrats to Ugabagaz for the sweep, and to all the testers and tuners for making this a very Fun and interesting shootout. Thank you all :dopey:
Good night :cheers:
*clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap*
wait... what?... Oh yes, the most charished prize of a Clueless shootout. The slowest tune. And to no suprize, but still a very fun underpowered car, the winner of the Honda S 800 Race Car '68 (tuned by Clueless) is- VTiRoj and his Alfa TZ2 Carrozzata da Zang. '65 with the time of 680.151. I hope you enjoy it :dopey:

Okay, really, that's it. Thanks again, and good luck in the next shootout everybody :dopey:
fillerb.png

Last edited:
Wow. Thanks for all of the driver's choice selections. I just thought the Jag was a cool car so I picked it. I do think it would have been half a second faster if I had painted it green.

Great job everyone! Definitely had fun with this shootout. :D

Also can the Clueless Awards Show be a thing from now on? :lol:

Back