FITT Nurburgring Nordschleife Shootout v2.0

• Thread starter CSLACR
  • 777 comments
Well, I don't mind about BB adjustments by tester, but the general consensus since I was a tester on several FITT shootouts before, the shootouts were only mainly catered for ABS tuners and testers ( with mandatory BB as per tune ) - almost all tuners uses ABS, so for no ABS driver like me to become a tester was a real pain when a tune has BB like 4/8 ( rear bias ) for example, as the car becomes undriveable.

With ABS testers, most BB variation would work fine and won't affect the tune too much, unlike when using no ABS, where too high BB or too much rear bias would kill the car's drivability.

I guess it's too late to make changes now, maybe in the future events, but then personal BB adjustment by tester is mainly a feature needed by no ABS tester, like me, in which I am the only one here in GTP:ouch: so far. This is also the reason I stopped being a tester sometime ago ( I can't drive with ABS:P)

Dude, can you stop bringing up that you drive without ABS already? Everyone knows, and it wasn't particularly relevant to the BB discussion - BB has an effect regardless of ABS.

I don't have a preference in this, and I see the argument from both sides. A null vote from me.

shmogt
The way I see it is it's a competition trying to emulate a real life race. A driver wouldn't be able to just change any settings to suit him better. I mine as well leave the brakes at 5/5 and let the testers drive around testing it themselves and tuning the brakes to their liking.

The buttons on the steering wheels of F1 and Indy cars aren't there just for show. :D I do see your point though.

I've no preference on allowing change or not. I tend to adapt to the car instead of the other way around so it's unlikely I will change the balance anyway.

I think the idea of keeping a side board for/if any testers would try both or for individual cars testers feel can improve a lot for them.

I do find abs relevant to changing bb btw, quite. I also think ridox brings it up a lot. No offense.

Agreed with Mike on testing method. 👍 A good lap is a good lap, Personally i run through all the cars and then re run early cars until I stop seeing times drop.

Pontiac Solstice Concept "No Exit" Edition

With a short wheelbase, only four cylinders and smooth, cultured lines, you could be forgiven for thinking this car had been produced by one of the top European manufacturers. It's all American though, with psychotic tendencies. The engine may be small, but with a remapped ECU, complete exhaust refit and a supercharger, there's no lack of pace and power. Built as a 450PP entry for the FITT Nurburgring Nordschleife Shootout v2.0, this car must be paid respect. It has broad margins of error, you can heat the tyres and continue to push the car. Lift or slightly apply the throttle to trim your line. The brakes are front biased, so the car favours straight line, early braking. There should be enough notice that you're about to run out of grip, but I can't promise that it won't sneak up on you with a nail gun, you have been warned...

solstice03.jpg

solstice01.jpg

solstice02.jpg

Last edited:
Well, I don't mind about BB adjustments by tester, but the general consensus since I was a tester on several FITT shootouts before, the shootouts were only mainly catered for ABS tuners and testers ( with mandatory BB as per tune ) - almost all tuners uses ABS, so for no ABS driver like me to become a tester was a real pain when a tune has BB like 4/8 ( rear bias ) for example, as the car becomes undriveable.

With ABS testers, most BB variation would work fine and won't affect the tune too much, unlike when using no ABS, where too high BB or too much rear bias would kill the car's drivability.

I guess it's too late to make changes now, maybe in the future events, but then personal BB adjustment by tester is mainly a feature needed by no ABS tester, like me, in which I am the only one here in GTP:ouch: so far. This is also the reason I stopped being a tester sometime ago ( I can't drive with ABS:P)

For the performing better with preferred BB by testers, I think having BB that is suited to the test driver would not make a tune faster than it could ever be, it's not like adding performance to the car. It simply allows the driver to extract the most of the car's braking ability.
Try to picture a real life test driver of racing cars, they will always set their own brake bias - personal from track to track, even in the middle of a lap as the tires gets worn out or changes in car/track condition, no racing car comes with a preset brake bias and non adjustable, nobody will ever drive them to the limits of the car potential. It maybe off topic, but if anyone watches JGTC/Super GT races, drivers can change brake bias in real time from inside the cockpit when on track, it's not against the rules, it was a necessary feature so they can drive the car like they wanted and get the best out of their racing car brakes.

I drive abs: 0 except testing shootouts. some cars have junk bb, like you say, so I think if I were to test with no abs, the tuners would complain that my times in their cars are so bad. I think the end result would be testing with abs would become mandatory or bb adjustment for testers would be allowed.

But I consider bb as part of a tune, so I don't agree with testers adjusting it to suit themselves.

As a sometime participant in Shootouts my vote would be to leave BB balance as it is in the tune. The argument that BB is adjustable on the fly with the RA menu or in real life just I don't think is relevant here. Lots of stuff is adjustable in different cars in different series, boost, fuel mixture, downforce etc. I think the tuner should tune a car as a final product, the way he/she wants it tuned and when it's done it's done.

Johnnypenso
As a sometime participant in Shootouts my vote would be to leave BB balance as it is in the tune. The argument that BB is adjustable on the fly with the RA menu or in real life just I don't think is relevant here. Lots of stuff is adjustable in different cars in different series, boost, fuel mixture, downforce etc. I think the tuner should tune a car as a final product, the way he/she wants it tuned and when it's done it's done.

^^^this +1...
We make these tunes to see if our settings are good/fast as built. Changing things makes it no longer your tune, but rather a base tune that has been adjusted for the driver (outside of the shootouts, changing tunes is expected by me :dopey: )

---Now for the shootout,
I am a little confused as to what I should enter for the 550pp class. I have my recent "creation" on share (if anyone wants to die in it :D), but it's more of a shock and awe tune, that I'm expecting to surprise testers, but maybe not place high. Or, I could retune an existing car that I think could do well :confused:...

... or just bow out, and let the professionals show me how it's done :dopey:

i have put another 450pp car on share if anyone interrested, but on my non-GTP account, i almost posted this one instead of the Infiniti.. :)

Its the Nissan Silvia Spec R aero '99, may be it can give idea for those that havent decided wich car they want to post. :) its almost as fast as the TVR speed 6, in the same second.

Oh sure Mike go ahead and blow my surprise 450PP entry!:crazy::lol:
Think I'll be using the premium '02 version though instead of the '99. Same stats except the '02 is 5KG lighter and obviously looks a little better thanks to being premium.

Well, I've just broke out my old Evora, and it blitzed my Corvette's best time by a good…4 seconds with a 7:02.552. With 450hp. There is the question of skill, or rather a lack of, on my part…but it does seem like the King/Queen (haven't decided on its gender yet :lol:) could still be up for a fight.
Evora? King? :lol:
I will enter the King. :P

:lol: I'd have done the same, but I just found, I think, my entry. 630+hp, N/A power, 1.4 tons. And good god is it pretty.
S7?

Any 900+HP tunes for 550PP going to be entered?

I have an SL600 on share if anyone wants to try. I built it for the shootout but decided its more Autobahn than track worthy. The brakes, chassis and handling all seem overpowered by the nearly 900 ft lbs of torque :drool: It makes a great sound though and surprisingly puts all that power to the track without trying to swap ends every time you step on the loud petal. :crazy:

The King returns to defend it's title after winning both 525 and 600PP in it's previous entries.

Audi R8 4.2 FSI '07
nrburgringnordschleifez.jpg

459/1264/550

Full weight reduction - No chassis rigidity - Engine Stage 2, Sports ECU, Sports Cat, Semi-Racing Exhaust - PL to 550PP - 91.0%

Aero: N/A (fixed & hidden 15/20)

Ballast: 0 @ 0

Transmission:
Reset to default with mods on
Set Final gear to minimum (2.000)
Set Top Speed slider to 217 (350kmh I believe)

LSD
Front: 8/15/14
Rear: 8/60/5

Torque Dist:
30/70

Suspension:
-3/-1
10.2/10.9
4/4
5/5
3/3

Camber/Toe:
1.7/1.7
-0.07/-0.07

Brakes:
BB: 6/6
ABS: 1

Comments: Hits a blazing 186mph down the straight,(at the very end) and runs a 28.2 standing mile vs the Lexus' 25.8. :scared: But 🤬 if it can't take a corner or two. :cool:

Last edited:
@Dom it's going to need to corner like a bullet train to have a chance with that low of top speed. Some of the 450PP cars are that fast or close to it...:crazy:

:cool:

It's the King for a reason I say. Estimated Praiano time of 47-49, a few off the Challenger, but so easy to drive I expect the average driver, even with 3-4 D1 testers, may still find the most time in the bullet train. What a fitting name. 👍

:cool:

It's the King for a reason I say. Estimated Praiano time of 47-49, a few off the Challenger, but so easy to drive I expect the average driver, even with 3-4 D1 testers, may still find the most time in the bullet train. What a fitting name. 👍
Good luck then.:cheers:
Just out of curiosity I took a Silvia SPEC-R Aero (S15) '99 Added a High RPM Turbo which takes it to 470PP and SS tires and checked its top speed on the Ring which was 190mph+.
A Sileighty '98 at 460PP on SS tires will hit close to 195mph.:crazy::lol:

I know a number of the 550PP cars will be going well over 200mph which means your going to need the drivers to make up massive amounts of time through the corners.:drool:

Oh sure Mike go ahead and blow my surprise 450PP entry!:crazy::lol:
Think I'll be using the premium '02 version though instead of the '99. Same stats except the '02 is 5KG lighter and obviously looks a little better thanks to being premium.

Oups! sorry :P

Its a good car! good mix of grip and power. :)

Some great cars to test 👍 :dopey:

My apologies, I mixed something up posting the Audi I just noticed taking pictures, will correct them in a few minutes.

Fixed. 👍 Picture coming soon... (gotta check if I can get black interior)

Last edited:
ACS Racing "Infinity Coupe Concept ‘06”

MtAsoTarmac_1_zps28292506.jpg

Source and Parts list:
Buy from: new car dealer
Paintjob: Maziora Matterhorn
Wheels: Aftermarket
aero : none
Weight Reduction: Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction: yes
Carbon Hood: yes
Chassis reinforcement: no
ECU Tuning: yes
Engine Tuning: no
Intake Manifold: no
Air Filter: stock
Exhaust Manifold: no
Catalytic Converter: yes
Exhaust: Ti Race
Transmission: FC
Clutch: Twin Plate Clutch
Flywheel: Semi Racing Flywheel
Carbon Drive Shaft: yes
LSD: yes
Suspension: FC
Tires: SH

The Tune
Ballast weight : 49/41
Power Limiter : 100%
Transmission - process as follows;
1) set to default
2) set top speed to 112mph
3)Set gears 1st=5.880, 2nd=4.194, 3rd=3.244, 4th=2.605, 5th=2.160
6th =1.833
4)Set Final gear to 2.000
Should display an indicated top speed of 192 mph in upper right
corner.

LSD
initial 8, acceleration 17, braking 5

Suspension
Ride height front -10, rear -6
Spring rate front 10.2, rear 9.2
Dampers (Extension) front 5 rear 6
Dampers (Compression) front 6 rear 5
Anti-roll bars front 3 rear 4
Camber angle front 2.0 rear 1.4
Toe angle front -.08 rear -.04
Brakes: front 5 rear 4
Transmission: Auto or Manual
Everything else: OFF

The car has 450 PP,weighs 1404 Kg with a 52/48 front/rear weight
distribution, has a power to weight ratio of 3.64 kg/hp, has 380 HP
@7600 rpm and produces 286 ft-lb torque @6100 rpm,

Notes:

Built for the Shootout at Green Hell

Enjoy, AC

Last edited:
ACS Racing "Lexus LFA ‘10”

NuumlrburgringNordschleife_zps360f126b.jpg

Source and Parts list:
Buy from: new car dealer
Paintjob: Lime Green
Wheels: Aftermarket
aero : none
Weight Reduction: none
Window Weight Reduction: no
Carbon Hood: no
Chassis reinforcement: no
ECU Tuning: yes
Engine Tuning: no
Intake Manifold: no
Air Filter: stock
Exhaust Manifold: no
Catalytic Converter: yes
Exhaust: Ti Race
Transmission: FC
Clutch: Twin Plate Clutch
Flywheel: Semi Racing Flywheel
Carbon Drive Shaft: yes
LSD: yes
Suspension: FC
Tires: SS

The Tune
Ballast weight : 47/53
Power Limiter : 98.5%
Transmission - process as follows;
1) set to default
2) set top speed to 137mph
3)Set gears 1st=6.098, 2nd=4.284, 3rd=3.271, 4th=2.600, 5th=2.138
6th =1.780
4)Set Final gear to 2.094
Should display an indicated top speed of 219 mph in upper right
corner.

LSD
initial 8, acceleration 15, braking 6

Suspension
Ride height front -6, rear -6
Spring rate front 11.5, rear 11.9
Dampers (Extension) front 5 rear 6
Dampers (Compression) front 4 rear 5
Anti-roll bars front 3 rear 4
Camber angle front 2.0 rear 1.4
Toe angle front -.08 rear .00
Brakes: front 5 rear 4
Transmission: Auto or Manual
Everything else: OFF

The car has 550 PP,weighs 1512 Kg with a 47/53 front/rear weight
distribution, has a power to weight ratio of 2.48 kg/hp, has 600 HP
@9100 rpm and produces 364 ft-lb torque @7600 rpm,

Notes:

Built for the Shootout at Green Hell

Enjoy, AC

Last edited:
Cars on share ready for testing.

Csl, can you add/link me to the tuners list so testers know to test my cars :)
thanks, AC

RUF 3400S '00
nrburgringnordschleife1a.jpg

363/1150/450

Full weight reduction - Install chassis rigidity - Engine Stage 2, Sports ECU, Sports Cat, Racing Exhaust - PL to 450PP - 93.9%

Aero: N/A

Ballast: 6 @ 50

Transmission:
Reset to default with mods on
Set Top Speed slider to minimum
Set Final gear to minimum (2.000)

LSD
7/14/5

Suspension:
-15/-15
9.3/10.8
4/4
5/5
2/2

Camber/Toe:
1.7/1.3
0.00/-0.02

Brakes:
BB: 5/3

Comments:

Evora? King? :lol:
I will enter the King. :P

S7?

It was the King of 550PP, up there with the NSX-R and LFA! Don't diss man. :lol:

I was considering an S7, gave up after it started flying all over the place with that body (which seems to make lift, not downforce) of its. But no, that car I was talking about was the DB9. Even running nearly max hp and min weight, it still fits in 550PP. :odd:

I've been neglecting this thread unintentionally (Oops? :sly:), but I shall begin testing once the tuning deadline is over to make sure that there are no discrepancies.

Onboy123
It was the King of 550PP, up there with the NSX-R and LFA! Don't diss man. :lol:

I was considering an S7, gave up after it started flying all over the place with that body (which seems to make lift, not downforce) of its. But no, that car I was talking about was the DB9. Even running nearly max hp and min weight, it still fits in 550PP. :odd:
We'll see. I'm really looking forward to testing the 550 class altogether.

Desperately hoping to see a lightweight 458 entered, even sent DB one in hopes he changes his mind about submitting a 550 entry.

Back