FITT Nurburgring Nordschleife Shootout v2.0

• Thread starter CSLACR
  • 777 comments
We'll see. I'm really looking forward to testing the 550 class altogether.

Desperately hoping to see a lightweight 458 entered, even sent DB one in hopes he changes his mind about submitting a 550 entry.

I'm split between my Evora and the Corvette…I love the Evora to death, but after being in hiding for so many updates, it's lost its edge on speed…the corvette gained huge speed, but I can't get anywhere near it, it seems. :lol:

Extreme powerlimiting means it might have…what, 450hp at best? May as well run an Evora then. ;)

We'll see. I'm really looking forward to testing the 550 class altogether.

Desperately hoping to see a lightweight 458 entered, even sent DB one in hopes he changes his mind about submitting a 550 entry.

I still haven't picked my 550PP car, 💡

I'm not listed ad a 550pp tuner yet... maybe it's a sign :sly::lol:

My options for the classes are on share if somebody wants to drive them... and help me decide :dopey:

Not really related…but is it me, or have I just come across some strange bug? It seems like you need to break in the car for each individual setting sheet. My Evora ran 200+miles in total for testing already, yet when I loaded up setting sheet C…the readout was reset to zero. :odd:

Cars to look at:
I've found that most if not all cars run the fastest laps at or close to minimum weight, regardless of power limiter needed. Even cars running 85% on a stock motor ran quicker times with low weight and less power. If adding ballast, add as little as possible and make use of it, a lot of the standards with speed under-steer like dump trucks and need grip for acceleration anyway, so some aero and rear ballast will help, despite less impressive statistics.

550PP - Good handling
Evora
RUF RGT
NSX
F430/Scud/SP1 (SP1 is the quickest I believe, due to lower stock specs)
SLS
GT-R
Zonda(s?) at least one of them is

550PP - Speed demons
Corvette Z06 '00 & '04
Corvette Z06 '06
Aston Martin DB9 (I believe both standard and a premium)
Saleen S7
BMW M5 (both standard and premium)

450PP - Good handling
Mazda Roadster '07 and presumably the '04's are good too. All Miatas tweaked
Toyota GT 86
Lexus IS-F
Dodge Challenger '08
Mercedes CLS(I think, premium)
Nissan 350 & 370Z's - any year or model

450PP - Speed demons
All Camaro's except '10
All Corvettes older than '00
All Silvias and 240SX's that make 450PP solidly(room for some pl, ballast and aero as desired)
Nissan 300ZX's '89-98
RX7's '85-'90
GTO/Commodore
Toyota Tacoma
SVT F-150 Lightning
Supra's

Edit: And TVR's

I'm not listed ad a 550pp tuner yet... maybe it's a sign :sly::lol:

My options for the classes are on share if somebody wants to drive them... and help me decide :dopey:
Honestly, since you asked, I'd rather you entered absolutely any car over the Aston at 550PP.
Just a personal preference as a driver, knowing the car at max spec.

You're not listed because I lost it or missed it btw. :dopey:
At some point I figured the deadline is almost here, a couple maybe's, so I'll just link what's posted, you know? 👍

Last edited:
@CSLACR the F150 is far from a speed demon...all the trucks have a fairly low top speed despite the amount of HP they may have. Think the SSR might be the only one that's really competitive as its very easy to get good handling out of and doesn't drop off to badly in top speed. The Ford and the SST act like the have run into a brick wall at around 160mph regardless of how you build them.:crazy:

I'd also list the SVT Cobra R as one of the good handling cars.

Going over 160 isn't really a big deal imo. The acceleration from 60-140 is most important for 450PP. I'm not saying those trucks are competitive, I haven't tested them, but at least the Tacoma almost has to. (at least I really think so anyway, 353-363pp stock I believe)

Going over 160 isn't really a big deal imo. The acceleration from 60-140 is most important for 450PP. I'm not saying those trucks are competitive, I haven't tested them, but at least the Tacoma almost has to. (at least I really think so anyway, 353-363pp stock I believe)

I'd think that the Tacoma would too much trouble getting the power down, since it's capable of at least 400hp at 450PP…and grip was never its real forte, since somehow the back never knew how to settle down.

On another note…I finally cracked the 7 minute barrier with a 550PP car on sports tyres! :D My Evora is running 3 seconds behind what Praiano managed in it, while my Corvette is still some 10 seconds off his 6:48. Seems like the Evora is the easier to drive choice.

RUF 3400S

3400s.jpg

381hp - 1250kgs

Stage 3 weight, Chassis Reinforcement, Engine Stage 2, ECU, Racing Air Filter, Titanium Exhaust,TwinPlate Clutch, Semi Racing Flywheel, Fully Customizable Suspension & Transmission

Dirty Oil, ~5000 kms

Ballast: 106 @ 49 (50/50 weight)

Engine Limiter: 97.8%
RH: -12 / -12
SR: 9.1 / 10.4
De: 6 / 5
Dc: 4 / 5
ARBs: 3/3

Camber: -2.2 / -1.3
Toe: -0.07 / -0.03

LSD
Init: 8
Accel: 15
Decel: 7

BB: 7/5 (ABS 1)

Transmission
1st - 3.215
2nd - 2.322
3rd - 1.836
4th - 1.538
5th - 1.327
6th - 1.170

FD - 2.675

Notes: Tuned for DS3. Shift @ 7900. Taller 2nd gear meant to be useful/little extra coming out of corners but it can bite you in the butt if you're a gas pedal masher. There are 3-4 corners where it'll pay to be be smooth on the gas otherwise it may yellowbird you in true RUF fashion. TCS 1+ could be useful (if allowed) or shift to 3rd early if you're a full throttle on/off kinda person. The indicator will flash '1' on slower corners but you better know what you're doing if you follow that recommendation (see yellowbird ya above) - keep her in 2nd. Have fun.

Last edited:
So the 3 is Sunday. Before I remember you saying it ends when you come home from work but do you work Sunday? If not when is the exact time it's done?

My entry:

Holden SS Commodore '04

416 Horsepower
60.0 kgfm/4500rpm
1549 Kilograms
450 Performance Points

Ride Height: -17 / -14
Spring Rate: 13.7 / 13.4
Extension: 6 / 6
Compression: 8 / 7
Anti-roll: 5 / 5
Camber: 4.5 / 3.5
Toe: -0.03 / 0.01

Differential: 28, 47, 26.
Aerodynamics: --
Brakes: 6 / 5
Ballast: 200 (50)
Balance: 52 / 48
Engine: 93.7%

1st: 2.626
2nd: 1.810
3rd: 1.360
4th: 1.058
5th: 0.848
6th: 0.681
Final: 3.535
Max: 320km/h
  • Rouge Lucifer paint
  • engine restore
  • chassis restore
  • weight reduction stage 3
  • window weight reduction
  • increased rigidity
  • Engine tuning stage 1
  • ECU
  • Racing Air filter
  • Catalytic Converter: Sports
  • Sports Exhaust
  • full custom transmission
  • clutch: twin plate
  • flywheel: semi racing
  • full custom differential
  • carbon propeller shaft
  • full custom suspension
  • sports hard tires
ABS:1

Ok…I'm in trouble. :lol: I've seemingly lost all my skills in both driving and tuning, I can't feel anything from the cars, and I've not even started on refining my 450PP car. :lol: IMSA GTO-inspired Corvette or my "Black King" Evora… (King by name only, ok? Now cut me some slack :P)

Ridox2JZGTE / GTP_Orido, are you sure you want us to drive your car with
Brake balance 9/8 no ABS ??? Even ABS on the car want to spin under strong braking... !!!??? Up to you

I did a lap already with ABS , 2 laps , is what i'll do for everybody 3 maximum if i make mistake , this at racing cruising speed. No time attack.

To make a clean lap with your car Brake balance 9/8 no ABS , i think i'll need more than 10 tries and i'll not do this.

You need to make a choice about this i think.

👍:)

Oi hands (Praiano), need some of your godly powers here to drive for me. :lol: I've got two 450PP cars shared, I need to see how they fair against each other since it's late here and I'm all over the place, mind stepping in?

Brake balance 9/8 no ABS ??? Even ABS on the car want to spin under strong braking... !!!??? Up to you

I did a lap already with ABS , 2 laps , is what i'll do for everybody 3 maximum if i make mistake , this at racing cruising speed. No time attack.

To make a clean lap with your car Brake balance 9/8 no ABS , i think i'll need more than 10 tries and i'll not do this.

I have to agree with you, i tried it and it was really difficult to drive with this brake bias. I will drive it that way no problem if thats what the tuner want, but it definatly worth thinking about it. :)

Oi hands (Praiano), need some of your godly powers here to drive for me. :lol: I've got two 450PP cars shared, I need to see how they fair against each other since it's late here and I'm all over the place, mind stepping in?

Your mustang is 460 ???

Till sector 2 the mustang is faster 1/2 second than the MR2 spyder.

But the MR2 spyder have a top speed 12 mph lower than mustang.

The mustang will be 4 to 6 seconds faster on a lap and safer too.

The MR2 stay a wonderfull pilot car, fantastic to drive around the track. 100% + pleasure.

I have to agree with you, i tried it and it was really difficult to drive with this brake bias. I will drive it that way no problem if thats what the tuner want, but it definatly worth thinking about it. :)

As stated in the tune, BB 9/8 ABS 1 OK, so testers can use ABS 1 :D

I only said that I when I tune the car I do not use ABS, but it was tested with ABS 1 with 9/8 BB, and thats what the tune BB is :D :
ABS 1 9/8 BB for the 550PP R33 GTR Hosaka

ABS 1 9/7 BB for the 450 PP S14 Silvia Kei

Last edited:
Your mustang is 460 ???
Is it? Whoops. :lol:

Till sector 2 the mustang is faster 1/2 second than the MR2 spyder.

But the MR2 spyder have a top speed 12 mph lower than mustang.

The mustang will be 4 to 6 seconds faster on a lap and safer too.

The MR2 stay a wonderfull pilot car, fantastic to drive around the track. 100% + pleasure.

Hmm..looking at the current field, it seems like I'll be better off with the dull but fast Mustang rather than the fun MR2. Damn 2.10, the MR2 used to be so quick, now it's gone down from the top to the low end of the line.

Thanks for the drive mate. 👍

shmogt
So the 3 is Sunday. Before I remember you saying it ends when you come home from work but do you work Sunday? If not when is the exact time it's done?
The deadline is in the OP, the grace period carries from the deadline until I get off work on the day specified.(because I won't be doing anything while I'm at work, and the deadline has to be fixed)
Procrastinate at your own risk. ;)

Last edited:
The deadline is in the OP, the grace period carries from the deadline until I get off work on the day specified.(because I won't be doing anything while I'm at work, and the deadline has to be fixed)
Procrastinate at your own risk. ;)

"Procrastinate"....My dear friend CSLACR..., this is a WORD !!! After reading the definition ,my hands stop shaking.:scared:
But like this, from nowhere, when you've never heard about.... :nervous: ... "Procrastinate at your own risk." seems something very , but very very dangerous to do.:):)

Thanks for the english lesson.

><(((((°>°°°°°°°

As stated in the tune, BB 9/8 ABS 1 OK, so testers can use ABS 1 :D

I only said that I when I tune the car I do not use ABS, but it was tested with ABS 1 with 9/8 BB, and thats what the tune BB is :D :
ABS 1 9/8 BB for the 550PP R33 GTR Hosaka

ABS 1 9/7 BB for the 450 PP S14 Silvia Kei

I used ABS1, like i said i dont mind at all driving it that way, but it would make smoother corner entry with lower brake bias. If you feel confident about this brake bias it will be a pleasure to test drive it to its limit anyway. :)

I used ABS1, like i said i dont mind at all driving it that way, but it would make smoother corner entry with lower brake bias. If you feel confident about this brake bias it will be a pleasure to test drive it to its limit anyway. :)

Please test with ABS 1 and BB as in the tune :) I tested it with ABS 1 and with the posted BB, no issue, but I do threshold and trail brake all the time even with ABS 1, almost never apply 100% brake except from really high speed ( above 120 mph ). Thanks, Mike :D

I believe I have sent friend requests to every tuner but shmogt and Wildheart90 because their friends' list is full. If I have missed you, please send me a request.

CSLACR
Honestly, since you asked, I'd rather you entered absolutely any car over the Aston at 550PP.
Just a personal preference as a driver, knowing the car at max spec.

You're not listed because I lost it or missed it btw. :dopey:
At some point I figured the deadline is almost here, a couple maybe's, so I'll just link what's posted, you know? 👍

Yeah, the Austin is a little insane. Just too much to handle. (I'll still share it if anyone feels brave)

I can completely understand. You can add me when I post my tunes 👍

robrabbitman
I believe I have sent friend requests to every tuner but shmogt and Wildheart90 because their friends' list is full. If I have missed you, please send me a request.

Just added you before I signed off 👍

--------------------
I have my two entries on share. A father/son combo :lol:. I will post them sometime tomorrow, but now it is movie night with the family... is the Exorcist suitable for an eleven and three year old? :dopey:

Ahah omg my car has been done for days but driving around to get max miles takes so long. I keep trying to perfect my time and possibly any tiny details in my tune. For some reason I keep getting like a solid 20 seconds higher than what my old best time was. Obviously that's horrible but thought it's just because I'm tried at the moment. I been editing the settings ever so slightly and barely improve by much. Than I realize the stupid tires switched to sports hard rather than sports soft like they should be. Watsed like an hour trying to figure it out lol.

I'll do a list cleanout, if my list fills up again send me a message over psn so i know to clear more.

My cars will be on share in about 12 hours.

Back