FITT Nurburgring Nordschleife Shootout v2.0

• Thread starter CSLACR
  • 777 comments
I'm going to assume you are more normal than some of these insanely fast guys. I am not sure I'll have enough time to enter at 450 but was just wondering what to aim for. The quick cars I tested so far were both 8ish. I don't wanna through together something that has no chance and waste the testers time.

Make it drive nice then. You're either in it to win it or you're in it for the fun of it. :P

For any of you on-the-fence guys, or last minute drop-outs...

The 458, SLS, and SL55 AMG are all dying to be entered, and relatively easy to manage. I can even send a car with miles and parts, etc built to 550 if someone doesn't have one off-hand. (I'd have to know within a few hours to send before I go to work in the morning)
Deadline will be in a little over 12 hours, I'd guess about 4hours more, from this post FTW. (For Those Wondering, not For The Win) :P

I'm going to assume you are more normal than some of these insanely fast guys. I am not sure I'll have enough time to enter at 450 but was just wondering what to aim for. The quick cars I tested so far were both 8ish. I don't wanna through together something that has no chance and waste the testers time.
Mustang SVT Cobra-R showed very good potential in my initial testing...was a very easy car to drive even with a very basic tune. Unfortunately not the best looking mustang model and PDs version makes it look even worse. (and yes I know this isn't a beauty contest but seriously it's possibly one of the worst rendered standards in the game.:()

Onboy123
Make it drive nice then. You're either in it to win it or you're in it for the fun of it. :P

Lol thanks for the tips

XDesperado67
Mustang SVT Cobra-R showed very good potential in my initial testing...was a very easy car to drive even with a very basic tune. Unfortunately not the best looking mustang model and PDs version makes it look even worse. (and yes I know this isn't a beauty contest but seriously it's possibly one of the worst rendered standards in the game.:()

I got a couple in mind yet to try. It's already the 4th so too late anyway tho

ExecutiveRacer.jpg

Based on: Nissan Skyline Sedan 350GT Type SP '06
Acquired: New Car Dealership

SPECS
Drivetrain: FR
Power: 399HP @ 7300
Torque: ?? ft-lbs @ ??
Weight: 1690kg
PP: 450

PARTS
GT Auto
-Oil Change
-Paint: Pearl White I
-Wheels: Enkei ??
-Wheel Paint: Matte Dark Silver

Tuning Shop
-Engine Tuning Stage I
-ECU Tuning
-Sports Intake Manifold
-Racing Air Filter
-Sports Exhaust Manifold
-Sports Catalytic Converter
-Sports Exhaust
-Twin Plate Clutch
-Semi-Racing Flywheel
-Fully Customizable Transmission
-Adjustable LSD
-Carbon Drive Shaft
-Fully Customizable Suspension
-Sports Hard Tires

SETTINGS
Ballast
-Amount: 80
-Position: 50

Engine
-Power Limiter: 99.4%

Transmission
-1st: 2.898
-2nd: 2.110
-3rd: 1.670
-4th: 1.380
-5th: 1.170
-Final: 3.120
-Top Speed: 112

Drivetrain
-LSD Rear.: 12 / 22 / 10

Suspension
-Ride Height: -10 / -10
-Spring Rate: 11.0 / 8.0
-Extension: 7 / 6
-Compression: 6 / 6
-Anti-Roll Bar: 4 / 3
-Camber: 1.2 / 0.7
-Toe: 0.00 / 0.00

Brakes
Brake Balance: 3 / 4

DRIVING OPTIONS
Transmission: Optional
Steering Sensitivity: 0
ABS: 1
Other Aids: OFF

The worst part of this car is looking like a middle manager on a day off at the track. Explain to the guy the in the flyweight MR rocket why you are on a track in a family yacht. You may surprise him though when the rubber hits the road.

I seriously doubt this will be a contender or even in the middle of the pack but I decided I was going to use it and it was quite fun to drive. I hope I've managed to iron out the shortcomings but with only 5 gears to work with it is behind the 8 ball, so to speak. Still, looks good and drives well enough to have some fun. Which is what I hope you do.

Last edited:
Supernova.jpg

Based on: Ferrari 458 Italia '09
Acquired: New Car Dealership

SPECS
Drivetrain: MR
Power: 474HP @ 9300
Torque: ?? ft-lbs @ ??
Weight: 1291kg
PP: 550

PARTS
GT Auto
-Oil Change
-Paint: Solar Yellow
-Wheels: Blitz ?? (Black Chrome)

Tuning Shop
-Weight Reduction Stage II
-Window Weight Reduction
-Carbon Hood: Body Color
-Chassis Reinforcement
-Catalytic Converter: Sports
-Fully Customizable Transmission
-Twin Plate Clutch
-Semi-Racing Flywheel
-Adjustable LSD
-Fully Customizable Suspension
-Sports Soft Tires

SETTINGS
Engine
-Power Limiter: 79.3%

Transmission
-1st: 3.375
-2nd: 2.600
-3rd: 2.110
-4th: 1.740
-5th: 1.460
-6th: 1.250
-7th: 1.070
-Final: 3.500
-Top Speed: 134(?)

Drivetrain
-LSD Rear.: 10 / 15 / 5

Suspension
-Ride Height: -10 / -10
-Spring Rate: 11.2 / 12.8
-Extension: 5 / 5
-Compression: 3 / 3
-Anti-Roll Bar: 3 / 3
-Camber: 2.2 / 1.0
-Toe: 0.00 / 0.00

Brakes
Brake Balance: 3 / 4

DRIVING OPTIONS
Steering Sensitivity: 0

A rocket in it's own right, this Italia skirts the line between driveable and out of control. It may err on the side of caution but take care not to slap it around too hard else it will bite the hand...and hard. That said, it can take a thrashing with a fairly high tolerance for being thrown around. More than you may expect.

It would seem that i have been compelled to toss a 550 entry into the mix. :sly: I pieced this gift from CSL together in a few hours and I am pretty pleased with the result. Most of it is the car but I feel even with my wrenching on it the car is still super driveable and a blast on the track. Keep in mind, however, the gearbox goes to 7. If you are wondering, like me, why you are redlining on the big straight when the trans is set higher, flip the gear up one more.

Last edited:
@Shmogt from CSLACR's above post it appears we still have a few hours to get cars in.

I'm doing a rush job on the Jag and may get it in for 550PP class after all...(it's no longer making instant cat food out of me:lol: but the added aero has made it a bit more understeering and making the front go very light on certain bumps.) If I can get the issues worked out for the most part in next hour or so I'll go ahead and submit it.:drool:

Come on now. I slapped something together in 3 hours before the game. Sure you pros can do it! :D

Also, I will be posting pics tomorrow. Hard to get them confused on share though, since they are the only ones there and all...

@Shmogt from CSLACR's above post it appears we still have a few hours to get cars in.

I'm doing a rush job on the Jag and may get it in for 550PP class after all...(it's no longer making instant cat food out of me:lol: but the added aero has made it a bit more understeering and making the front go very light on certain bumps.) If I can get the issues worked out for the most part in next hour or so I'll go ahead and submit it.:drool:

Stick it on share, I'll give you a hand with the driving. :lol:

Come on now. I slapped something together in 3 hours before the game. Sure you pros can do it! :D

Also, I will be posting pics tomorrow. Hard to get them confused on share though, since they are the only ones there and all...

I did my 450PP Mustang after 2 drives to the first checkpoint. :lol:

Stick it on share, I'll give you a hand with the driving. :lol:
If you can try it right now I'm sticking it back on share at this time.
Will post the tune in the next hour or so unless I get instant feedback saying it needs something drastic immediately.

Oh and lift off/brake just past the 1st sector checkpoint or you'll lose it on that cresting turn...:scared:

The Outlaw Motorsports Garage tunes
Jaguar, XKR Coupe '10, "Apex Predator Nurburgring Edition"
So a while back the Outlaws found a litter of kittens hanging around the garage. Given some love and affection by the various Outlaws that adopted them they quickly grew up into big cats that took no prisoners on road or track, hunting down and devouring lesser cars for fun. One of the last to be adopted by Ol'Harvey was this cat. Now while you see its cousins in the New Car Dealership all the time, only someone as certifiably crazy as the Wallbanger would think it a good idea to turn it into the perfect predator. One that you can happily drive to work on a daily bases, look great in when going out on a date, and beat dedicated race cars with on track days. In the wild a Jaguar is considered an "Apex Predator" as they sit on top of the food chain. This Coupe is the top of the food chain for street Jaguars. Here its prey isn't a deer or other jungle creature but instead the other cars roaming the road with it and it carves up the Apexs of corners the way its jungle brethern carve up those lesser creatures they dine on. This cat is all grown up and delivers a silky smooth drive that you'll love, just make sure there's plenty of Mercedes and BMW's to feed its hunger. And now Ol'Harvey Wallbanger presents the "Apex Predator"!

Now this big cat gets a special edition for CSLACR's 2nd F.I.T.T. Nurburgring Nordschleife Shootout. While broken of trying to kill on sight it must still be treated with the respect its due.
Circuit2520de2520Spa-Francorchamps-5.jpg

Circuit2520de2520Spa-Francorchamps-4.jpg

Source and Parts list:
Buy from: New Car Dealership
Paintjob: Ultimate Black Metallic (Stock Color)
Wheels: BBS LM-R (Painted Phoenixgelb Metallic by BMW)
Aerodynamic Kit: Front Type A, Rear Type A, Wing Type A
Weight Reduction: Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction: Yes
Carbon Hood: Yes Body Color
Chassis reinforcement: No
ECU Tuning: Yes
Engine Tuning: Stage 3
Intake Manifold: Sports
Air Filter: Sports
Exhaust Manifold: Sports
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Exhaust: Sports
Turbo Kit: Supercharger
Transmission: Fully Customizable
Clutch: Twin-Plate
Flywheel: Semi-Racing
LSD: Adjustable
Center Differential: NA
Drive Shaft: Carbon
Suspension: Fully Customizable Kit
Tires: Sports Hard - Racing Soft

The Tune
Aerodynamics: Front 0, Rear 15
Ballast: 0kg
Power Limiter: 100%
Transmission - process as follows;
1) Set to default
2) Set Final Gear to 5.000
3) Set Top Speed to 124mph
4) Set gears as follows;
1st=2.745,
2nd=2.015,
3rd=1.665,
4th=1.405,
5th=1.200,
6th=1.020
5) Set Final gear to 2.600
Should display an indicated top speed of 229mph in upper right corner.
LSD Rear Initial 10, Acceleration 15, Braking 5
Suspension
Camber Angle Front 2.6, Rear 2.2
Toe Angle Front +0.15, Rear 0.0
Ride Height Front 0, Rear 0
Spring Rate Front 14.8, Rear 12.0
Dampers (Extension) Front 1, Rear 1
Dampers (Compression) Front 1, Rear 1
Anti-Roll Bars Front 5, Rear 6
Brakes Front 8, Rear 7

The car has 550PP, weighs 1,360Kg with a 54/46 front/rear weight distribution, has 721HP and 657ft-lb torque@3,200rpm with a 7,700rpm redline.

Note: Has a very good power band for driving using an automatic transmission as it has little drop off in power between peak and redline.

Note 2: Special thanks to Praiano, Mike_gt3 and CSLACR for their fearless test driving and great feedback. This tune wouldn't be nearly as good without the advice.👍👍

Enjoy the ride and as Harvey Wallbanger always says...
Drive hard and have fun!:cheers::gtpflag:

Reviews and/or additional photos

Last edited:
Well…all I can say is this.

j5ypuc.gif

Very well done, taming all that power. I was worried about dying, but it's very good. The power can get to the ground, though the car doesn't seem to use all 700hp until 3th and above. Handling wise, there's no signs of understeer a low speeds, but it does push in the high speed sections. Oversteer is controllable when provoked, but otherwise it's very balanced. Not bad at all for a last minute job. 👍

I was not aware that we had this much time left, I don't think I'll have time for a 450pp tune though.

Last edited:
About 10-12 hrs till i return, I bid those still tuning good luck, back to update the op tonight. 👍

Well…all I can say is this.

j5ypuc.gif

Very well done, taming all that power. I was worried about dying, but it's very good. The power can get to the ground, though the car doesn't seem to use all 700hp until 3th and above. Handling wise, there's no signs of understeer a low speeds, but it does push in the high speed sections. Oversteer is controllable when provoked, but otherwise it's very balanced. Not bad at all for a last minute job. 👍
Yeah the high speed push is one of those annoying things I would like to try and tune out when I have more time to work on it. This was very much a rush job and still has plenty of room for polishing it up. Don't expect it to win but think it will make a decent showing for itself. My "Princess" on the other hand I have high hopes for. Spent a considerable amount of time trying to get her performing at her best, though I think she could still get some small improvement from further tweaks.:crazy::lol:

You wont waste tester's time unless the car is undriveable and worst than stock, personaly i dont mind about the lap time, its about driving cars that are fun to drive. :)

Good day everyone,looks like it's going to be a heck of a shoot-out.During the previous week-end I had occasion to test for myself some of the entries available.Judging by my times and some earlier postings,I think I'm right about average.If it's not too late or a burden to anyone,I would like to throw my hat in the ring as a tester,both classes.Good luck everybody!

Good day everyone,looks like it's going to be a heck of a shoot-out.During the previous week-end I had occasion to test for myself some of the entries available.Judging by my times and some earlier postings,I think I'm right about average.If it's not too late or a burden to anyone,I would like to throw my hat in the ring as a tester,both classes.Good luck everybody!

Your involvement is not a burden at all, we welcome you with open arms! :D Now, go test. :P

You wont waste tester's time unless the car is undriveable and worst than stock, personaly i dont mind about the lap time, its about driving cars that are fun to drive. :)

I like your attitude Mike. Anyone know exactly how many hours are left? At around 12am I asked this question and CSLACR said about 12hrs left. Than at about 4am CSLACR said there is still about 12hrs left. The math doesn't add up!

The deadline passed, but to make the grace period more precise, I'll call it 4PM EST, aka 3 hrs and 40 minutes from this post 👍

I'll be home before then, but its at least a set time :)

The deadline passed, but to make the grace period more precise, I'll call it 4PM EST, aka 3 hrs and 40 minutes from this post 👍

I'll be home before then, but its at least a set time :)

3 cheers for real times!

The real time was midnight last night, at the worlds end. This is simply extra time because I cant update anyway. :)
Krenkmes idea, I just liked it and copied it :lol:

@shmogt

Your friends list is full - so I can't test your car until I can add you.

And MrGrado, Wildheart and mike please accept my friend requests so I can test your cars also.

Ok I'm in for 450pp! Tune is one share already
Edit: lol 4pm EST is due date. 3:59 tune submitted lol. Talk about cutting it close

Car: Toyota 86 GT '12
Drivetrain: FR
Power: 345HP@7300
Torque: 253ft-lbs@7100
Weight: 1292kg
PP: 450

PARTS
Everything except for chassis reinforcement, ECU engine, and no spoiler.

SETTINGS
Ballast
-Amount: 200
-Position: -6

Engine
-Power Limiter: 94.2% (until you hit 450pp)

Transmission
-1st: 3.435
-2nd: 2.440
-3rd: 1.826
-4th: 1.452
-5th: 1.204
-6th: 1.018
-Final: 3.515
-Top Speed: 230kmph

Drivetrain
-LSD

Suspension
-Ride Height: -20 / -14
-Spring Rate: 13.6 / 8.2
-Extension: 7 / 6
-Compression: 6 / 5
-Anti-Roll Bar: 3 / 3
-Camber: 3.2 / 2.4
-Toe: -0.07 / -0.02

Brakes
Brake Balance: 5 / 5

DRIVING OPTIONS
Steering Sensitivity: 7 (don't know it it matters)

Tuner comments:
I tested a few cars, but all of them sucked. I had already made this car for 400 and 500pp so I combined those 2 tunes together to make this 450pp tune. It is 20seconds faster than any of the other cars I tried so clearly it was the one to use. For such a low pp it's pretty fun to drive and you actually have to watch the gas here and there or you can spin up the tires. Had a spoiler originally, but I got rid of it for MORE POWER! Reality is it got about the same times either way lol.

Last edited:
@shmogt

Your friends list is full - so I can't test your car until I can add you.

And MrGrado, Wildheart and mike please accept my friend requests so I can test your cars also.

I accepted a friend request last night, not sure if that was yours, will login soon and take a look :)

EDIT: FR accepted :)

Last edited:
Back