FITT Nurburgring Nordschleife Shootout v2.0

• Thread starter CSLACR
  • 777 comments
Wow, a few 450pp times are already posted! Oh well, looks like the BMW is stuck at the back of the pack.:nervous: I was a bit short on tuning time this one... or I would have tested more than one car at 450pp. Well, I am a Clueless :dopey: tuner after all and really liked this car at 400pp. Praiano63 did manage to shave a few seconds from my best lap so well done. Iainoflo85 looks to have survived the Ring with a time not far from the eight minute mark. So, even though Bimmer turned out to be not as competitive at this performance level. Thank you both for putting the car through its paces.👍

550PP TIMES OK
cslacrringshootout20550pp.jpg
Here is my 550PP feedback and driver choice.
Not a lot of details but my feelings about the cars.
Sorry for the blank on the "Spyker La violette" but i don't have a lot to say on it, i just don't like the look and it's just medium car ... a bad car make me cry, a good one make me laugh, this one don't make me nothing at all. :) Sorry for this, it's just me.👍

Thanks to all the testers, very good hard job. It's not easy to drive all the cars on this special track.

My crazy mouse bug have deleted the 450pp feedback on my excel sheet during the test, like i've said first, no way to drive all this again now. Sorry.
450PP will have more feedback for sure, most of the testers finish them anyway.

Have a great day everybody.

><(((((°>°°°°°°

DC550pp.jpg

Last edited:
YAHOO!! 2nd place! :D

What was it you named your car again, Shmo? :P

But why can't I ever just come out on top in something? In the JAC shootout, 2nd place, STC with the ISF RC, 2nd place, 40/60 shootout, 2nd place&#8230;Can't I ever get a 1st, even just once? :grumpy:

I kid, great laptime Praiano. 👍

Happy to see that my poor rushed Jag tune isn't a complete disaster.:D
Starting to look like I should have spent a lot less time on my S15 and a lot more on the Jag.:crazy::lol:

Great job with the times once again Praiano.👍👍

Awesome delivery time Praiano! 👍 :D

Thx for trying my cars, hope you enjoyed driving them.

That Challenger look fast, cant wait to give it a try!

But why can't I ever just come out on top in something? In the JAC shootout, 2nd place, STC with the ISF RC, 2nd place, 40/60 shootout, 2nd place&#8230;Can't I ever get a 1st, even just once? :grumpy:

Very fast car well balanced...!!!

Happy to see that my poor rushed Jag tune isn't a complete disaster.:D
Starting to look like I should have spent a lot less time on my S15 and a lot more on the Jag.:crazy::lol:

Great job with the times once again Praiano.👍👍

Thanks, Nice car, need some work on springs and dampers only.

Awesome delivery time Praiano! 👍 :D

Thx for trying my cars, hope you enjoyed driving them.

That Challenger look fast, cant wait to give it a try!

Fasy and easy , everybody can drive this one 100% ...:)👍

My car still have some understeer problems at high speed , but it's fast.
I'm curious to see your times too:)👍

Onboy123

But why can't I ever just come out on top in something? In the JAC shootout, 2nd place, STC with the ISF RC, 2nd place, 40/60 shootout, 2nd place&hellip;Can't I ever get a 1st, even just once? :grumpy:

Lol dammit! Now I got to change the name. This is only one guy tho we got to what and see the final result from everyone to see the truth winner.

esoxhntr, I need an add to test your RUF. Sorry, I thought you were already on my list. Other than esoxhntr's car, I've only got ACSR421's and my car to go and I'm just about to fire up the Infinity 👍

{Cy}

esoxhntr, I need an add to test your RUF. Sorry, I thought you were already on my list. Other than esoxhntr's car, I've only got ACSR421's and my car to go and I'm just about to fire up the Infinity 👍

{Cy}

I didn't see your name on the testers list

I am not sure when I will be on next. send me a FR if I dont send you one first. osprey73.

Ok, i tested every 450pp car i could, i need shmogt to accept my friend request, would been easier if you would have send me the friend request while making room...

And Ugabugaz please make room in your friend list, and send me a friend request if you can to save time, i will be busy soon thats why i am giving some pressure hehe. :)

shmogt car tested, just need you to accept the FR so i can test your 550pp car :)

Last edited:
shmogt's car tested :),

just need to test ugabugaz car, i would tune my C12, but theres no part listed on his tune, and it says car not broken in yet. 💡

Great shootout going on here, congrats to all! Could each Tester tell us which driver aids settings they use? :confused: Cheers!

I didn't get quite as far as I wanted, but enough for some interesting surprises. :)

I'm trying out a new mthod of testing, in which I will drive all the cars for about 5 minutes each, and judge them on difficulty.
I'll then simply run them in order from easiest to hardest. The potential reward is not having to re-run any cars. :)

Great shootout going on here, congrats to all! Could each Tester tell us which driver aids settings they use? :confused: Cheers!

no aids except ABS1, grip set to real, thats what mostly everyone here will use i think.

I didn't get quite as far as I wanted, but enough for some interesting surprises. :)

I'm trying out a new mthod of testing, in which I will drive all the cars for about 5 minutes each, and judge them on difficulty.
I'll then simply run them in order from easiest to hardest. The potential reward is not having to re-run any cars. :)

Thats interresting 👍, what i did was similar to praiano, the car i felt more comfortable with only needed 2 lap without any restart, and some needed more time, about 45minutes at max, maximum 4 laps+ restarts so far

The car that i needed less lap will get my driver choice award. :)

I believe the only aid they are using is ABS1 and possibly the driving line for a few of the testers.
All other aids off, tire wear/fuel off, grip reduction real.👍👍

The above is pretty much the standard for any F.I.T.T. event testing.:cheers:

Taking a tune to this track seems to be a sure fire way to tell who drives with a wheel and who drives with the DS3. So far there is a hugemongous gap between my times where I know the tuners use one or the other. :(

450PP Times
ringshootout.png

=============================
CSLACR / GTP_CSL - RUF 3400S '00
Time: 7:36.003
DC: 8
Undeniably fast, but somewhat sterile to drive. A little corner exit slip, entirely manageable with tiny flicks of opposite lock. Mild understeer in fast, wide radius corners, possibly due to my dodgy lines. Easily corrected with small amounts of lift.
Ridox2JZGTE / GTP_Orido - Nissan Silvia K S14 '93
Time: 7:55.130
DC: 3
Power is nothing without application...
XDesperado67 / XDesperado67 - Nissan Silvia spec-R AERO (S15) '02
Time: 7:44.832
DC: 6
Nice car, should have posted a faster time. The push from the plank is probably worth the trade for the amount of speed you can carry through the corners and the shorter braking distances...
praiano63 / praiano63 - Aston Martin Vanquish '04
Time: 7:40.665
DC: 9
If Daniel Craig were driving your cars, I might watch his films. In the meantime, I'm going to make myself a Martini and take this car to the track again...
shmogt / shmogt - Toyota 86 GT '12
Time: 7:45.786
2.10 hasn't been kind to the 86 GT. Requires heat in the tyres before you've any confidence in the car, and even then, the rear has a tendacy to step out with little warning. However, it is possible to allow the rear to slip a very small amount and to carry that through some of the fast, wide radius corners. Ultimately let down by lack of grunt, very pedestrain in a straight line...
mike_gt3 / GTP_Mike_Peperni - Infinity G35 Coupe Concept '06
Time: 7:42.393
DC: 7
The Ring Master's Car, what a privelage. Unfortunately I wasn't able to do it justice. I understood how the car was meant to be driven, but I lack the fine control to full extract the potential. The rear was too loose for me, eamning I had to wait for the weight to transfer before getting on the power. This was not the case on all corners, mainly those with off camber and entrring downhill.
Onboy123 / Onboy123 - Ford Mustang SVT Cobra R
Time: 7:41.928
Wonderful, wonderful car to drive ..... once the tyres heat up..!! Drives as I'd expect it to, easy to throw into corners and easy to hoof out of them, once the weight has transfered. Curiously didn't feel that fast, but the stats don't lie...
MrGrado / MrGrado - Holden SS Commodore '04
Time: 7:44.134
Very nice car to drive, straight out of the pit lane. Few cars here ran as well as this one on cold tyres. Maybe the 1600kg helped? Certainly the only thing keeping this from going faster is that weight. The power and torque, as impressive as they are, just aren't enough to overcome the pork...
ugabugaz / ugabugaz - Callaway C12
Time: 7:44.770
An awkward car to drive. Works best when you pivot the car around the rear, brake late, lift and allow the aero to slow the rear and drag the front round. You can then use the power to finish the rotation. Reasonably drama free, didn't spin it once, but wanted to push wide constantly...
DigitalBaka / - Nissan Skyline Sedan 350GT Type SP '06
Time: 7:49.523
DC: 5
The weight is too damned high..!! Glorious gearbox, pulls nice and sweetly, I just struggled to contain the weight. I could have done a whole lot better, but voided my final lap early on. My posted time here included two misadventures across the grass, sorry...
trackripper123 / Ziz528 - Jaguar S-Type R '02
Time: 7:41.992
Another Super Heavy Weight, great pace and easy to manage through the corners. Almost entirely drama free, although when pressed too hard at the wrong time, the weight can overpower the rear...
krenkme / krenkme - Dodge Challenger SRT8 '08
Time: 7:39.576
Wow. A great car, once again. I love driving these big tubs. The weight is rarely an issue, it's well managed and keeps the car planted. Why try to tame 470 horses via diffs, trannies and suspension when you can rely on gravity..?? That being said, the car will eventually succumb to the weight, but you'll have plenty of notice. Next time, might I suggest you use lead weights rather than moonshine?? (What? You thought I wouldn't look in the trunk??) If you insist on using 'shine, at least suck all the air out of the containers..!!
esoxhntr / osprey73 - RUF 3400S
Time: 7:39.054
Nice car to drive, time should have been better. This car has great grip for 95% of the time, but the 5% kept catching me out. In fact it was more a case of the car loosing grip and then recovering it that usually spat me off course. Sorry I couldn't post a faster time...
Theo777 / zigatan - BMW M Coupe '98
Time: 7:47.755
Not sure why this car wasn't faster, overall it just felt a bit loose and sloopy, but not so much as to be entirely problematic. I think maybe it was the lack of pick up, the car seemed to take a little too long to get up to speed. Certianly it was fast on the more open parts of the track, but not so great on the tighter sections. Sorry...
ACSR421 / ACSR421 - Infinity Coupe Concept &#8216;06
Time: 7:38.088
DC: 9
Great, great car. Practically impossible to unsettle, drives straight through everything and just keeps pulling. Should have been faster but I kept getting into dog-fights with my ghost...
CyKosis1973 / CyKosis1973 - Pontiac Solstice Concept
Time: 7:37.009
DC: 5
Further evidence that I have no idea what I'm doing. Predicatably, whilst the car felt flighty when I published it, I'd driven the thing for several hundred miles, so I'd gotten used to it's faults. School boy error. Having now driven all the other cars here, I pity the testers. Sorry...

Last edited:
^ I am the one should be depressed :), my car is a bottom feeder in lap times, I may have put too much front grip and made the rear too edgy, the car is like a little pet monster :(

You can't be sure until you read the driver feedback, which are all with Slacker. :grumpy:

The S cars can't get the power to the road with the SH tyres though, just ask Trackripper what happened with mine. :lol:

Back