Status
Not open for further replies.

JLBowler

Premium
United States
California
JLBowler
Introducing the S.N.A.I.L. Oval Racing League

This series will run on Tuesday nights with a start time of 11pm ET/8pm PT.

Closed awaiting course creator in GT6

Last edited:
June 25, 2013
Car: Dodge Viper GTS '02
Track: Indy SS Q race: Main Event:
Night Winner:

June 18, 2013
Car: Racing Kart 125
Track: 3/8 mile Tokyo Bay Course Q race: Main Event:
Night Winner: OwensRacing (prize selection to Nic-KL)

June 11, 2013
Car: Lexus LFA (SS Tires)
Track: Motegi SS Qualifying race: TBD Main Event: TBD
Night Winner: OwensRacing

June 4, 2013
Car: Mercedes Benz SLS AMG '10 (SS Tires)
Track: Daytona SS Qualifying race: 7 laps Main Event: 52 laps
Night Winner: martin20az

May 28, 2013
Car: 2011 Nascar (RM Tires)
Track: Indy SS Qualifying race: 7 laps Main Event: 50 laps
Night Winner: martin20az

May 21, 2013
Car: Ferrari 599 (SS Tires)
Track: High Speed Ring Qualifying race: 5 laps Main Event: 36 laps
Night Winner: Hillracing

May 14, 2013
Car: Dodge Challenger SRT8 TC (RH Tires)
Track: Motegi SS Qualifying race = TBD. Main event = TBD
Night Winner: OwensRacing (car selection to dabneyd)

May 7, 2013
Car: Corvette Z06 (C6) (SS Tires)
Track: Daytona SS Qualifying race = 7 laps. Main event = 54 laps.
Night Winner: Owens Racing

April 23, 2013
Car: Ferrari Enzo '02 (SS Tires)
Track: Indy SS Qualifying race = 5 laps. Main event = 43 laps.
Night Winner: Three way tie: Owensracing, Hillracing, JLBowler

April 16, 2013
Car: Jaguar XKR Coupe '10 (SS Tires)
Track: High Speed Ring Qualifying race = 5 laps. Main event = 33 laps
Night Winner: Hillracing

April 9, 2013
Car=BMW 135i (SM Tires)
Track=Motegi SS Laps= Qualifying race is 7 laps. Main event is 55 laps.
Night Winner: racefan78

April 2, 2013 1st points race.
Car=Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX GSR '05 (SH Tires)
Track=Daytona SS Qualifying race is 6 laps. Main event is 40 laps.
Night winner: JLBowler

Last edited:
We will be running this Tuesday night at 11pm ET/8pm PT. I'll do some testing today and pick a nice tame car to try out each track. The second night of testing will be to try out the format. We will be running with penalties off. Bump drafting and ghosting just will not mix.

We will be running this Tuesday night at 11pm ET/8pm PT. I'll do some testing today and pick a nice tame car to try out each track. The second night of testing will be to try out the format. We will be running with penalties off. Bump drafting and ghosting just will not mix.

So this time. Is it 11pm EDT? And I take it will be over around 12am EDT?

So this time. Is it 11pm EDT? And I take it will be over around 12am EDT?

That is the plan OwensRacing.

Tonight will serve as a test session of sorts. We will use cars from the recommended garage and run short races for no points. At the end of the night, we will make a decision of what car to run next week when we test the full format.

Where will this racing be taking place? (ie: what lounge?)
If I'm up, I'd like to join in on any testing going on tonight.

Okay I only have d3 added because that's where the PCR races are... So since I'm not a real SNAIL apparently :( (the term slug has been nastily mentioned! lol)... I have to get added to D2 - what's the psn exactly so I type it right?

Sorry, I'm a little slow on the replies today. I am reviewing relays from Sunday night and packing up youth basketball equipment to give to the new president. I believe Tez is right with the full name.

Will try to join ....... all depends on preparations for a "procedure" early tomorrow morning. My Crew Chief may lock up the garage tonight.

I believe bowler is just going to pick some from the recommended list for us to try out tonight.

Okay I only have d3 added because that's where the PCR races are... So since I'm not a real SNAIL apparently :( (the term slug has been nastily mentioned! lol)... I have to get added to D2 - what's the psn exactly so I type it right?

Sorry for the delay melon, but I just accepted your FR to the D2 account. Hopefully you can still get in on some of tonight's action.

Bowler, let me know if you want me to send you the login info for the D2 account so that you can accept FR's etc.

EDIT: Wow, 14 in the D2 lounge! Testing out left turns over and over seems to be quite popular! :sly:

Some oval tips. Bump drafting is fast. Protect the inside. You slide up. Don't expect the guy behind to let you in. They will hold the bottom and take your spot. Don't like that. Don't race ovals. :)

Please please please learn to hold a line. It's critical to oval racing. The swerving and lane jumping ruins the racing. So practice up please.

Please please please learn to hold a line. It's critical to oval racing. The swerving and lane jumping ruins the racing. So practice up please.

I cut several people a break who did just that in the last race at Daytona since it was practice....do that during the race and I won't be as nice unless it's early on.

To add to that. If you see a hole somewhere and you don't jump into it, someone else is going to. Everybody is looking for the fastest line of cars and if there is a hole in that fast line, someone is going to fill it sooner rather that later.

With longer races, I'm hoping more patience is excercised, especially early in the race. It's not like you can get out front and drive away from the pack.

There is going to be some rubbing on each other. Please remember to be courteous about it and try to make some concessions if you do rub someone out of their line. You can always pull out of line and tag on to the back of the pack and work your way back up. It's going to be a long race so patience will be key.

With all that being said, great racing tonight. First race at Daytona, first seven drivers seven thenths apart at the finish. Passing was plentiful at all four tracks. We used the Lexus IS-F all night and it's 8 gears meant we never had to worry about the rev limiter or wheel spin very much for that matter. I'll try and get some pics up from the replays I did save tomorow sometime.

To add to that. If you see a hole somewhere and you don't jump into it, someone else is going to. Everybody is looking for the fastest line of cars and if there is a hole in that fast line, someone is going to fill it sooner rather that later.

With longer races, I'm hoping more patience is excercised, especially early in the race. It's not like you can get out front and drive away from the pack.

There is going to be some rubbing on each other. Please remember to be courteous about it and try to make some concessions if you do rub someone out of their line. You can always pull out of line and tag on to the back of the pack and work your way back up. It's going to be a long race so patience will be key.

Agree. Rooting someone out is far different then a car skipping up a race line and you got the speed to drive into that hole. That is oval racing. However grinding a guy out of his spot isn't.

I've done my share of oval racing and would like to think I know how to hold a line and drive clean. Oval and road are two different animals.

Got a video coming up so we can see how much weaving was going on. This way we can understand why it is important to practice holding lines and protect that inside line. When we ran NASCAR the lead guy literally hugged that line around the bottom.

http://youtu.be/x4ddyYWqLC0

I can't hot link this thing where video shows up from phone.

Last edited:
TIP: It's a good idea, if you're going to be racing ovals, to zoom in your map nice & close. You don't need it for the map purposes after all. And it can be key to seeing where cars are around you on track. 👍

Anyway, sorry I missed it, I didn't get my FR in soon enough.:(

here's that owensracing video:

Pretty good racing for the most part, didn't expect that many wrecks on circle track racing though lol, like everyone said turn your map scale down to 1 or 2, i think thats where alot of the wrecks came from.

Pretty good racing for the most part, didn't expect that many wrecks on circle track racing though lol, like everyone said turn your map scale down to 1 or 2, i think thats where alot of the wrecks came from.

Whoever was behind you during that last race a Daytona needs to learn how to bump draft rather that drill you from behind fall back and drill you from behind again. You were pretty much glued to my back bumper and we kept getting drilled repeatedly instead of the third guy just getting in line and pushing.

The car for me was very predictable. It went right where I pointed it. In watching the replays, I think some other were having issues keeping it in a straight line.

Whoever was behind you during that last race a Daytona needs to learn how to bump draft rather that drill you from behind fall back and drill you from behind again. You were pretty much glued to my back bumper and we kept getting drilled repeatedly instead of the third guy just getting in line and pushing.

The car for me was very predictable. It went right where I pointed it. In watching the replays, I think some other were having issues keeping it in a straight line.

Yeah they were also hitting me pretty hard in the corners and getting me loose, is running heavy damage an option?

I don't think heavy damage is going to be an option. I've done it before and it has a tendancy to give the damage to the wrong car. I will add a warning about bump drafting in corners as it shouldn't be done there. It will be in the OP soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back