◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,790 comments
I don't know about fighting after the race, but I'm sure there will be a more than fair share of guys crying about something.

What are the combos? I wanna try using the controller until i get another wheel. Any nascar car? What track? What car got voted off?

So can someone (if not Zero) confirm the lineups for tonight/sunday? Also, is it possible to list the stockcars we can choose explicitly?

I assume from worst's comment that the integra/cape combo was voted off ?

So can someone (if not Zero) confirm the lineups for tonight/sunday? Also, is it possible to list the stockcars we can choose explicitly?

I assume from worst's comment that the integra/cape combo was voted off ?

I'll post the lineup shortly, but it won't have any definitive list of which NASCAR models are allowed as I need to head to out the door soon. Perhaps we should revisit having a Technical Director for the exact reason that Oshawa-Joe first first mentioned back in September.

I'll nominate dabneyd since he's already handling the Tuner Car List and Bowler for reasons such as this.

Oh a word of advice to everyone. While running the races at Daytona turn your sensitivity down low. I know most of us race at 6 or 7, but for this (yes even us wheel users) lowering the sensitivity to 0 makes a world of difference in those long corners. Especially when you're going door to door.

I'll post the lineup shortly, but it won't have any definitive list of which NASCAR models are allowed as I need to head to out the door soon. Perhaps we should revisit having a Technical Director for the exact reason that Oshawa-Joe first first mentioned back in September.

I'll nominate dabneyd since he's already handling the Tuner Car List and Bowler for reasons such as this.

I'll take the job and in the interest of having it done for this week.

2011 Nascar models will be the only allowed models for this weeks racing. For the reasons in the post Zero linked. They are the only group that have the same HP, weight, suspension, and gearing settings. This is, after all, spec racing. You may use the Ford, Chevy, or Toyota versions but they must be 2011 models.

I thought sensitivity only affected DS3 drivers ?

I thought that too, but a couple days ago I was running a bunch of short 10-15 lap races with some friends. I was having trouble being consistent in the corners and my friend told me to lower it. It made a pretty big difference. Could have been mental, but I took my pills that day and Doc says they should fix that.

My Bobs are hating on me I think. Turning laps at Laguna with a NASCAR! That car just rips the competition though. Approaching lap 40 and everyone is already between 3 and 6 laps down.

Sorry, gotta say it like NASCAR, emphasizing it with a redneck accent.

Prize B selection

Gran Turismo 350Z RS @ Nurburgring GP/D

nrburgringgpdy.jpg

This should make passing easier and more frequent than on Deep Forest. 👍

I'm kinda sad to miss this week with the Toyota, I really hope it stays for one more week.:nervous:

Prize A selection
Nascars @ Daytona
Daytona-International-Speedway_NASCAR-640x360.jpg

Thanks for making your Prize A and Prize B selections!!

The March 31st lineup has been posted!! :gtpflag:

2011 Nascar models will be the only allowed models for this weeks racing. For the reasons in the post Zero linked. They are the only group that have the same HP, weight, suspension, and gearing settings. This is, after all, spec racing. You may use the Ford, Chevy, or Toyota versions but they must be 2011 models.

Would you mind putting a list together so that I can link it to the lineup post after I get back later tonight? I think that'll be the best way to avoid any confusion or having drivers show up with a wrong car.

Photos from last D1 sunday race.

240320131.jpg

240320132.jpg

240320133.jpg

240320134.jpg

240320135.jpg

240320136.jpg

240320137.jpg

240320138.jpg

JLbowler and Myself battling for the lead on the last lap. 👍
240320139.jpg

2403201310.jpg

2403201311.jpg

2403201312.jpg

The new kid on the block Martin20az leading his first race. Welcome to SNAIL !!! :cheers:
2403201313.jpg

2403201314.jpg

2403201315.jpg

2403201316.jpg

2403201317.jpg

2403201318.jpg

2403201319.jpg

2403201320.jpg

Oh a word of advice to everyone. While running the races at Daytona turn your sensitivity down low. I know most of us race at 6 or 7, but for this (yes even us wheel users) lowering the sensitivity to 0 makes a world of difference in those long corners. Especially when you're going door to door.

I turned my sensitivity up to 7 specifically for NASCAR, I'm on ds3 tho

I love watching the Prowler lap the track. Its neat watching the open wheels up front. Has anyone had the pleasure of driving one? its kinda odd watching the wheels turn.

Would you mind putting a list together so that I can link it to the lineup post after I get back later tonight? I think that'll be the best way to avoid any confusion or having drivers show up with a wrong car.

I will take car of that when I get back home tonight. Should be right around midnight ET.

I love watching the Prowler lap the track. Its neat watching the open wheels up front. Has anyone had the pleasure of driving one? its kinda odd watching the wheels turn.

Love the Prowler. Doesn't it have working gauges?

I'm not gonna make it for next Sunday in D4, but I hope the NASCAR combo stays for the week after... with the quality of drivers in D4 it should be good fun.

Cheers.

ok...I'd like to thank Denny Hamlin for the loan of his #11 FedEx Camry for D4... I'll abuse it as if it were my own!

My bobs are breaking it in, as I type this!

I love not having to break in cars.

While I would much rather pilot one of the Chevys, none of them are broke in, and their paint schemes are, less than desirable. My #43 Fusion has 3k+ miles on it from the Nationwide series I ran in last fall with Owens and after a chassis and motor refresh has 892HP w/ 637PP. Just reset all to default and, unless something changes, will be what I run in D4 on Sunday. May take it out and knock the dust off it and make sure it passes tech inspection in D1 lounge here in a few.

If anyone needs one of these for this week I have them all except the special edition issues. Will be happy to send one on.

Looks like 15 laps for Daytona will hit the 10 minute mark nicely. Coach and I ran 41.9 with just 2 cars. I expect a 4 car train to best that by at least a second, maybe more.

6-7 laps at GP/D

Last edited:
Rallywagon

I think it looks like Nigel Thornberry.

I'll take the job and in the interest of having it done for this week.

Are you kidding me??? I just finished breaking in the 2010 camry!!!!!!! Gaaaaawwwwddaaaaaammmit!!!!

Back