◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,790 comments
The practice rooms are officially open! If you're assigned to Division 1 or Division 2 (or you placed in the top 5 of Division 3 this Sunday March31 th past please join with your best racecraft the
BLUE ROOM:
SNAIL BLUE PRACTICE ROOM
1472-6399-8365-2931-2115

Everyone else, please join with your best racecraft the
SNAIL RED PRACTICE ROOM
1472-6681-3329-8084-6100

Nascar Ovals Are Fun!
Superspeedway-Daytona_8_zps1d5d3e2c.jpg

ORGANIZATIONAL ANNOUNCEMENT

I'd like to introduce S.N.A.I.L's newest steward:

Dragonwhisky

Please join me in welcoming him to his new role! :cheers:

It took me 4 hours, but thanks to the G27-fu of Vail, Nmcp and Tcrash, my pots are now clean, everything needing grease is greased, and I switched the iffy brake pot with the practically virgin clutch pot. And the best part is that after putting it all back together, everything still works! Greasing the brake (which apparently had lost some grease when I added the progressive brake spring) really did make it feel smoother.

Thanks guys. 👍

What did you work on, DrK? Been out of the loop here.

The brake pedal on my G27 wheel was sticking (in the game, not the physical pedal) after installing a progressive spring, and I asked for advice. The advice I got (from those 3 guys) was to clean the potentiometer electrical contacts, switch the brake and clutch pots (since the brake gets a lot more use, in my case) and grease the spring housing. It seems to have worked like a charm.

The brake pedal on my G27 wheel was sticking (in the game, not the physical pedal) after installing a progressive spring, and I asked for advice. The advice I got (from those 3 guys) was to clean the potentiometer electrical contacts, switch the brake and clutch pots (since the brake gets a lot more use, in my case) and grease the spring housing. It seems to have worked like a charm.

👍

*IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT*

I'd like to announce an exciting partnership between S.N.A.I.L. and..

Together, we will be running a contest called the GranStand Challenge and it'll run from the beginning of April to the end of June. However, this contest will not be a typical contest of speed or race results. Instead, it will be based on participation and good racecraft. :)

At the end of this three month "GranStand Season", the drivers who've participated in the most races while accumulating the least amount of penalties will be eligible for a random drawing in which one lucky winner will win a GranStand wheel stand!!

Rules
  • For every Sunday night race a driver competes in, he will receive one GranStand point.
  • Therefore, the maximum number of GranStand points you can earn in one night is six.
  • As long as you earn any number of points in a race, you will earn one GranStand point for that race (HINT: drivers who get disconnected from the network are awarded points for last place, while drivers who rage quit receive no points at all).
  • Drivers who are not on the starting grid for any reason will not recieve a GranStand point (this means drivers who sit out races because they don't have the required DLC will not receive a GranStand point).
    [*]Any driver that is docked penalty points due to a racing complaint, overly-aggressive driving, poor racecraft, or short-cutting violation etc will also be docked an equal amount of GranStand points.
  • At the end of the GranStand season, the 20 drivers with the most GranStand points will be eligible to win a GranStand wheel stand!!.
I'll post additional details later regarding how we'll break ties in GranStand points and also how the winner will be determined. In the meantime, feel free to post any questions you have so far.

Click here for tips on improving your chances to win!!

>>>>>GranStand Challenge points standings!!<<<<<

Last edited:
An open mind is usually a good thing... Once upon a time I would have nothing to do with rap music. Just couldn't hear it. But I was turned on to some old school Cyprus Hill and it changed how I thought about the whole genre. Most of it still stinks, but I understand it now and can see some real genius in some of it... Now I once had the same closed mindedness about NASCAR. After the past week or so, I am now a convert! Oh man!! I have to say I have been having an amazingly good time with it! I just can't keep this @#$&-eating grin off my face! Now I still think just watching it on TV is the same as watching the knitting channel, but now I understand and appreciate it so much more! SNAIL... Educating us one race at a time!!

The grand stand season is a great idea.
I still don't see what you guys like about left turn only racing, my favorite thing about it tho is the speed of the laps makes the race feel more chaotic, almost like giving the normal snail races speed (both kinds). That and being able to bump into the back of people and not worrying about their reaction.

:cheers:

Really nice racing last night but I think the nordwhatever track is kinda short for the FR-S. There was a little too much contact

I actually think the track fits the car profile perfect! It drives much better than the Lotus last time we were there.

BTW, you were on the wrong room Mr. I was expecting you on the Blue room.

Really nice racing last night but I think the nordwhatever track is kinda short for the FR-S. There was a little too much contact

Agreed. It's on my list of dumb imagination-land tracks.

zer05ive
*IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT*

http://www.granstand.com/
Together, we will be running a contest that starts at the beginning of the April season (this Sunday) and will run through the end of the June season. However, this contest will not be a typical contest of speed or race results. Instead, it will be based on participation and good racecraft. :)

At the end of this three month "GranStand Season", the drivers who've participated in the most races while accumulating the least amount of penalties will be eligible for a random drawing in which one lucky winner will win a GranStand wheel stand!!

Who will be the lucky winner? Will it be YOU???

More details coming soon!

Oh yea thats great t:uP

images

I love Eiger! Elevation change like crazy, awesome switchbacks, a nice jump! Of course, I'm sure my name give the reason why I like it. It might get crowded with a full grid, but 8 to 10 cars should be fine, especially with the Toyota.

*IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT*

Together, we will be running a contest that starts at the beginning of the April season (this Sunday) and will run through the end of the June season. However, this contest will not be a typical contest of speed or race results. Instead, it will be based on participation and good racecraft. :)

Who will be the lucky winner? Will it be YOU???

More details coming soon!

BTW, this is awesome!

Eiger has no good passing zones. It promotes very poor racecraft in certain people who already have a history of poor decision making. On the other hand it's really a blast driving side by side in those corners with people who are clean.

Nascar is white knuckle fun until you are involved in something. And I am not particularly fond of racing where my fate can be decided on the flip of a coin. Once you lose the draft it's over.

No practice for me tonight guys. Going to be working on my new cockpit build!:D

Pics!!!

Teaser pic of my new shelf. ;) side bend up. Back bends up. Weld seams. Will have my wifi, modem, UPS's and power strips on it.

Will get pics when mounted.

4421D74F-DF61-4D49-B4D6-FF9B4CF37BE1-3149-000001E2524A6F31_zpse7d69685.jpg

Last edited:
It's only over if you're way out in the back, if you loose the front group, roll into the next and draft back to the front. In nascar, it's not over until the checkered flag. As for Eiger, I said my opinion. I just don't get it. Is it a challenge? Yep, but to me, thats the point. Otherwise, lets just run spa and high speed ring. Then you will have all the room you need and all day to pass.I also feel the only thing that promotes bad race craft, is allowing bad race craft. Its not like people are waving signs saying "smash a car". Its like saying forks promote being fat. Or a river promotes downing.

Pics!!![/IMG]

CockpitMock-up_zpsda3a8156.jpg

Got a fair amount accomplished last night but still a long way to go. The seating position is proving to be the most difficult part. I've decided to built an MDF platform that will recline the seat even further so I'm resting more on my back than on my a$$. Once that's set I'll tackle the inverted pedals! Still hopeful for Sunday.👍

Back