Praiano's Tunes: Waiting for GT6 & FERRARI ENZO FXX.

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 7,373 comments
Hello Praiano, I set the M5 '08 with this tune but the results were disappointing: the car out of corners sharply accelerated tends to overturn, perhaps for a LSD different between the two models M5 ?, and still seems unstable even on the straights. I do not have the G27 but a more modest Thrustmaster Ferrari 430 cockpit but I had the same result (overturning .....) with the BMW 135 '07, while all the other cars are OK. What is wrong? Perhaps the M5 08 needs a trim softer?

Anyway, I think I read here that the two cars are actually different.

Hello and thank you for your help :cheers:

It's difficult to say what's wrong. I don't like the '08 , it's a very different car comparing to the '05.
I'm travelling for work with my PS3 ,this for 2 weeks, but no G27. I'll have to learn again how to drive with DS3.:ouch:. I'll begin again tonight.:)
So i'll not able to do any tune during this time.

Check Adrenaline site, you have some very good people who have a tune for it.

HERE

BMW M5 '08
RKM Motorsports
CGW
Deutsche Rennsport Tuning
Red Valley Racing
Dr_Slump's Car Ambulance
CSL's Garage
Cone Killer Racing
TheCardboardBox
Clueless Tunes
Steklebaarske

Do you have any tips on Rally cars on Ashphalt? Got a league race saturday at Monza and im torn between Mitsubishi Super Rally car and the Subaru WRC. power and weight limit is 404HP 1270KG. I looked in thread and im sure its there but its so many posts, I cant seem to track it down. Any advice is greatly appreciated. :cheers: :gtplanet:

Do you have any tips on Rally cars on Ashphalt? Got a league race saturday at Monza and im torn between Mitsubishi Super Rally car and the Subaru WRC. power and weight limit is 404HP 1270KG. I looked in thread and im sure its there but its so many posts, I cant seem to track it down. Any advice is greatly appreciated. :cheers: :gtplanet:

Hello. Rally car on Monza????? 3 turns and a few chicanes....

What you need here is top speed, gain of power lowering rear aero downforce as much as you can, and a good gearbox for better retake at low speed after the 2 chicanes.....

Nothing special. Most of the tunes you'll find here for rally cars on tarmac are very evolutives with a lot of pivot. They will not serve for monza...
Just do your own settings with the help of the ghost to check the best solution.

Hello. Rally car on Monza????? 3 turns and a few chicanes....

What you need here is top speed, gain of power lowering rear aero downforce as much as you can, and a good gearbox for better retake at low speed after the 2 chicanes.....

Nothing special. Most of the tunes you'll find here for rally cars on tarmac are very evolutives with a lot of pivot. They will not serve for monza...
Just do your own settings with the help of the ghost to check the best solution.
Thank you sir, and yeah I know "Rally Cars" on tarmac goes together like Eggs and Watermelon lol, but last week it was Volvos at Nurb 24 hours, it was amazingly epic. Got that thing to hit 141 on the final straight before the hill. Ill try lower rear downforce and semi-aggressive transmission tuning. Thanks again Praiano. Ill be back soon as my league will be starting its Spring season Next week. I may choose to race SUVS lol in one of our future competitions, and Im sure we will do a Classic Lemans Race car event. :cheers: :gtplanet:

Hi Praiano

I hope Easter was a good time for you

I was looking at one of the older pages and you mentioned you were going to release a Primera tune. Would you still release that? i am hoping its for the 1990 te Primera.

No stress if your not going to release it.

Thanks

Howdy,

Hope the holidays were good to you. I have a few questions about your tunes.
1. For the RM silvia it says ride hight is +40. Is that correct?
2. Also for the Rm silvia in order to attain the listed amount of hp I had to purchase parts that were not listed under your installed parts such as the ECU, racing air filter, etc.
3. For the Dodge Challenger SRT 8 '08 550pp tune when I installed all the parts mentioned the pp level was way above 550pp. In order to achieve 550pp I had to limit the power down to 514hp. Do you think this is still a viable 550pp tune at this hp level or should I increase the hp to around 750 and use it as a 600pp tune?
4. Pretty much the same thing that happened with the Dodge Challenger is also happening with the 450pp Corvette Grand Sport tune. With all the parts listed installed it is about 500pp. Do you think it is better to limit the power down to 450pp or just use it as a 500pp tune?

Also on the front page of this topic is this....

CHAPARRAL 2D RACE CAR ´67 // 653 pp // ONLINE OK
CHEVROLET CORVETTE GRAND SPORT // 450PP // SPORT TIRES

I'm looking for the tune for the Corvette Grand sport but when I click on it it brings me to the Chaparral tune. I managed to find the tune however it is not linked correctly on the front page.

I hope I helped! Thanks so much for all your hard work. You have really made my GT experience much much better. Thanks!

Edit: Eyes Fried Open, great user name!

Last edited:
Here's your Yellowbird Praiano, at GP/F on SS tires with no ABS, as per the F.I.T.T Tuning Contest. 2:09.3 was the lap. 2:08's are definitely there, maybe better.

It's difficult to say what's wrong. I don't like the '08 , it's a very different car comparing to the '05.
I'm travelling for work with my PS3 ,this for 2 weeks, but no G27. I'll have to learn again how to drive with DS3.:ouch:. I'll begin again tonight.:)
So i'll not able to do any tune during this time.

Check Adrenaline site, you have some very good people who have a tune for it.

HERE

BMW M5 '08
RKM Motorsports
CGW
Deutsche Rennsport Tuning
Red Valley Racing
Dr_Slump's Car Ambulance
CSL's Garage
Cone Killer Racing
TheCardboardBox
Clueless Tunes
Steklebaarske

Thanks my friend , already discovered and I'll try some of these tunes.
In a recent online race a BMW M5 '08 was very competitive con my LFA 10 until 570pp.....

Bye and good luck with DS3 :);) . I use DS3 for instant test without the mounting of the wheel.

No bad because the wheel entered in my room only at Christmas 2012....:)

Bye

AUDI R10 TDI RACE CAR '06 // 700PP // ONLINE OK.

I tune this car because it was a nightmare to drive even slowly. Now it's easy , almost no oversteer at acceleration , and it's smooth to handle. But stay concentrate on your direction and throttle. This is a race car not a "fiat panda".
Anyway, my goal was to let it easy, as fast as possible with comfort for the driver. Even like this, it's 1'45" at Suzuka and 5'43" on the Nurburgring Nordschleife online. Good on GVS or any other track i've tested.

audir10rc.jpg

suzukacircuit6k.jpg

AEt89e8jKuZsvUFZe63_0.jpg

Black & white pictures by slowGTR.
ModrWdcU8aF7HY4k2q_0.jpg

Enjoy your drive.

is it possible to do this on a 650 pp limit?

Thank you sir, and yeah I know "Rally Cars" on tarmac goes together like Eggs and Watermelon lol, but last week it was Volvos at Nurb 24 hours, it was amazingly epic. Got that thing to hit 141 on the final straight before the hill. Ill try lower rear downforce and semi-aggressive transmission tuning. Thanks again Praiano. Ill be back soon as my league will be starting its Spring season Next week. I may choose to race SUVS lol in one of our future competitions, and Im sure we will do a Classic Lemans Race car event. :cheers: :gtplanet:
Good luck with your races.

Hi Praiano

I hope Easter was a good time for you

I was looking at one of the older pages and you mentioned you were going to release a Primera tune. Would you still release that? i am hoping its for the 1990 te Primera.

No stress if your not going to release it.

Thanks

Yes, the primera '90 is done since a long time. I did it for a friend , he've sent me the car and i've sent it back to him tuned. After, i've forgot to write and publish the tune.
But i have it in my garage because i duplicate it before sending. So i'll copy it tonight and publish it tomorrow.:)👍

Howdy,

Hope the holidays were good to you. I have a few questions about your tunes.
1. For the RM silvia it says ride hight is +40. Is that correct?
2. Also for the Rm silvia in order to attain the listed amount of hp I had to purchase parts that were not listed under your installed parts such as the ECU, racing air filter, etc.
3. For the Dodge Challenger SRT 8 '08 550pp tune when I installed all the parts mentioned the pp level was way above 550pp. In order to achieve 550pp I had to limit the power down to 514hp. Do you think this is still a viable 550pp tune at this hp level or should I increase the hp to around 750 and use it as a 600pp tune?
4. Pretty much the same thing that happened with the Dodge Challenger is also happening with the 450pp Corvette Grand Sport tune. With all the parts listed installed it is about 500pp. Do you think it is better to limit the power down to 450pp or just use it as a 500pp tune?

Also on the front page of this topic is this....

CHAPARRAL 2D RACE CAR ´67 // 653 pp // ONLINE OK

I'm looking for the tune for the Corvette Grand sport but when I click on it it brings me to the Chaparral tune. I managed to find the tune however it is not linked correctly on the front page.

I hope I helped! Thanks so much for all your hard work. You have really made my GT experience much much better. Thanks!

Edit: Eyes Fried Open, great user name!

Thanks, greats short hollydays.
Here is the Grand sport.
Dodge srt8 needed to be fixed after 2.10 i did it for app but not for GTP garage.Done.
DODGE CHALLENGER SRT8 '08 // 550PP // SPORT SOFT TIRES

DODGE CHALLENGER SRT8 '08 // 600PP //RACING HARD TIRES

For the SilviaRM ride height +40 is correct. This is the only way i've found to have a progressive take of grip from one side to the other during weight transfer. For the parts i have to check, but the most important is to reach the PP level one way or the other....

"Thanks" i had to change it after i gave my account to too many people.:grumpy:

I think it's a great name..... I love this, with salt and lemon juice...:)👍👍
4264595938_bcc97679c2_z.jpg

Here's your Yellowbird Praiano, at GP/F on SS tires with no ABS, as per the F.I.T.T Tuning Contest. 2:09.3 was the lap. 2:08's are definitely there, maybe better.
Johnny ,you're the man. I'm low 2:10 with it , need to work a lot this NO ABS thing..... Reallly good.

Thanks my friend , already discovered and I'll try some of these tunes.
In a recent online race a BMW M5 '08 was very competitive con my LFA 10 until 570pp.....

Bye and good luck with DS3 :);) . I use DS3 for instant test without the mounting of the wheel.

No bad because the wheel entered in my room only at Christmas 2012....:)

Bye

I've tested DS3 again yesterday night after 2 years. Horrible feeling. I'm 6 seconds slower on a 2 minutes lap. I think i'll have to bring the G27 with me here. No way for me to drive again with this thing. :ouch::yuck::yuck:👎👎

is it possible to do this on a 650 pp limit?
Yes but you'll have to take out the turbo and use a lot of power limiter.
I don't know how it will drive with less power. Perhaps you can raise LSD accel a bit.

Now that there is a Mini event, I wonder which of all is the best... Do you have information on this?
You know of any tuner me to do good setups for FF? apart from you hahaha, but I will not ask you to set a mini. Have the Cooper S '05 but it is old and does not work very well now in 2.10...
Thanks friend!

Now that there is a Mini event, I wonder which of all is the best... Do you have information on this?
You know of any tuner me to do good setups for FF? apart from you hahaha, but I will not ask you to set a mini. Have the Cooper S '05 but it is old and does not work very well now in 2.10...
Thanks friend!

Hello, Motor City Hami have a lot of very good mini tunes, I didn't race this event yet ..... i'm a little annoyed by FF cars lately.... Just a very few of them can make me smile.

I have this tune for the MINI COOPER S '05 // 475PP but i really don't know how it is now....

I've used Clueless Tunes' Mini 2.11 tune.
Also Doog's Regular Replica thread has a great Mini S suspension tune that I have tried out with a number of PP levels on 2.11 👍

Hi Praiano,

Really enjoying your Ferrari F430 Scuderia tune at the moment, can I ask why you kept the ride height at 0 front ant 0 rear?

I always thought lowering it would help the set up but from trying a few others yours is the best.

Keep up the good work.

Hi Praiano,

Really enjoying your Ferrari F430 Scuderia tune at the moment, can I ask why you kept the ride height at 0 front ant 0 rear?

I always thought lowering it would help the set up but from trying a few others yours is the best.

Keep up the good work.

Ride height 0/0 is because after 2.08 update ,RH difference don't have anymore influence over weight transfer.
But,It still have an effect on the rear grip for example, when you have to pass a lot of power to the ground on a FR or MR car.

In this case only i'll use a higher rear RH. Sometime also for aesthetics reasons on an old muscle for example.

><(((((°>°°°°°°°

Hi I noticed you have an mr2 g limited tune. Does this work out on the mr2 gt-s? I like to drive my real life car in GT but its a bit of a handful stock. And the g limited is an na with super charter on it, not a turbo like the gt-s. I can send you one free if you like.

Last edited:
Hi I noticed you have an mr2 g limited tune. Does this work out on the mr2 gt-s? I like to drive my real life car in GT but its a bit of a handful stock. And the g limited is an na with super charter on it, not a turbo like the gt-s. I can send you one free if you like.

They have the same specs , the gts is only 50kg + because of the turbo i think... So yes , it must work . Try it and tell me please.

Thanks Praiano. im not in any rush for the primera tune. when you get back from working will suit me. i use to have one of these cars they were quite fun for a "FF".

Thanks again

Hello, Motor City Hami have a lot of very good mini tunes, I didn't race this event yet ..... i'm a little annoyed by FF cars lately.... Just a very few of them can make me smile.

I have this tune for the MINI COOPER S '05 // 475PP but i really don't know how it is now....

Thanks for the link, really are very good setups, I just made &#8203;&#8203;my taste brakes and gearbox and I like.
Has a base setting for FF that I will test

Have a nice day!

Mr Praiano,

To start of I would like to thank you for your excellent work and brilliant tunes, in my garage I have more than 50 cars tuned with your tunes and marked as favourites (from 400PP through to max tunes), all brilliant and I love to drive them all. When I need a tune I instantly come to your thread and I look at your thread daily to see what new wonders you have created.

One of my cars tuned to your tune is the Audi R8 Race Car '01 (https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5544550#post5544550) and I absolutely love this tune (I did however not do the chassis reinforcement). Even though it is an old tune, it still works perfectly for me on 2.11 - wherever I put this car down it works brilliantly and is consistently faster than all other LMP / Group C tunes in my garage, it suits my driving style perfectly. Would you perhaps be willing to create a tune for a Group C car (The Mazda 787B otherwise the Jag XKR-9 if I can choose) fully modified (max bhp) with a similar feel as your Audi tune?

Thank you for all your effort, it makes GT5 enjoyable for everyone who comes across your garage.:)

Hi Praiano,

I'm not sure if you saw my previous quote and if you are willing to look at such tune :)

Hi Praiano,

I'm not sure if you saw my previous quote and if you are willing to look at such tune :)

Sorry, i've forgotten about your request. During the last weeks i did some updates for LMP cars , i've driven some , including the
Mercedes-Benz Sauber Mercedes C9 Race Car ’89
Mazda 787B Race car ’91
This 2 cars are very good but technical to drive, they need both throttle control at lower speed. I didn't find a way to let them easy.

Talking about the Jaguar XJR-9 LM Race Car ’88 , i drive this car all the time and for the moment i didn't find any better tuning option than the actual one. So i've let it like this.
JAGUAR XJR-9 LM RACE CAR `88//720PP

The last i did and i think i've improved a lot on this car is the
NISSAN R92CP RACE CAR ‘92 // 700PP
I'ts my faster LMP car on the ring together with the TOYOTA GT-ONE RACE CAR (TS020) `99 //700PP NURB & MAX PP

The BENTLEY SPEED 8 RACE CAR ‘03 //700PP is an awesome all around race car, very fast and the easiest of all the LMP cars.

All of this 700PP cars can be used maxed too.

I can't tune for the moment because i travel with my game but without my G27. I thought that i'll be able to drive again with DS3 ..... but i can't. I have to learn everything again with this thing and no way of course to produce a quality tune without my wheel.
Only in 2 weeks i'll able to check the Mazda for you, sorry again.

Have a good day.

><(((((°>°°°°°°

Friend a simple question, how do you determine whether for a new car is better to change or not to change the oil to buy?
I do not know if you've already explained above... If so I missed it

Thanks!

Friend a simple question, how do you determine whether for a new car is better to change or not to change the oil to buy?
I do not know if you've already explained above... If so I missed it

Thanks!

First i need to say that i don't like to use cars with less than 90% power limiter.
Under this value you have a flat power band , the max power will be there since the lower RPM but with a lower amount of HP.

For example ,for a given PP let's say 500PP:

With 85% power limiter you'll have 340HP from 4000rpm to 7000 rpm

But with 90% power limiter you'll have 350HP from 5500rpm to 7000rpm

If your car have a space between gears of 1500 rpm when shifting, then the second option will be the best and this with 99% of the cars in GT5.

So, if you buy a car 510PP for example and you want to use it at 500PP, you don't need to make an oil change because your interest is to use as few as possible the power limiter. Even in certain cases, you'll race your car on BSpec during a week to gain milage ,dirty oil and lower power. In this situation , i just do the chassis refresh.

This is the only reason to not do the oil change , the first one for a new car ,or even the second one to maintain the dirty oil.

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°

Back