◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,817 comments
Our GTPEDIA E-book prize for the division winners is no longer available for sale (at least not by itself) so I want to figure out what's going on before making the official post. I've sent a PM to Jordan and will update everyone asap.

Jordan provided me with a work-around to buy the E-book version of GTPEDIA by itself as opposed to having it bundled with the paperback edition (which is the only option available to the public right now). Therefore, we'll be able to award a copy of GTPEDIA to the April champions. However, this will be the last time that GTPEDIA is awarded to the monthly divisional champions.

So without further ado..

I'd like to announce that the April 2013 season results are official. While a complete summary of the points standings can be found here, I wanted to specifically highlight the divisional champions:

Division 1
martin20az

Division 2
dgafaboutany1420

Division 3
Da_Panda_Bear

Division 4
VAG_star

Division 5
o10231994

Congratulations to all five of you! Each of you wins your own copy of GTPEDIA!! :gtpflag:

YYYAAAAAYYYYYY Congrats Pink Panda Bear, good job bro. Bring some D3 perfume to those D2 Slugs, :D:D:D

Let's make the RUFTAR on D3 room, ok? I'll be there. just follow.

YYYAAAAAYYYYYY Congrats Pink Panda Bear, good job bro. Bring some D3 perfume to those D2 Slugs, :D:D:D

Congrats Panda.. will miss chasing your tail! Good luck in D2.

VAG, congrats.. will be racing very closely!

Where we racing tonight Schmmigz?

Schmiggz

Let's make the RUFTAR on D3 room, ok? I'll be there. just follow.

Wolfsatz
Congrats Panda.. will miss chasing your tail! Good luck in D2.

VAG, congrats.. will be racing very closely!

Where we racing tonight Schmmigz?

Thanks guys! I'll be waving the d3 flag Sunday night 👍

The Pit Board

The racing driver's mind has to have the ability to have amazing anticipation, coordination, and reflex. Because of the speed the car goes.

Emerson Fittipaldi

I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..

Mitch Hedberg

What an awesome week it has been for SNAIL!! The replay and data guys really stepped it up and we got all our stuff together in great time this week!! Excellent job to everyone including our steward staff!! The "Are You Faster Than A Redneck" races are coming together and I have to say I am really digging the "Trash Talk"!! I really support this effort and hope time permits me the ability to partake. We have also completed another successful SNAIL championship. Congratulations to the April champions!!

Promotion and Relegation​

Now that the champions of the month have been announced, the final piece of the pie will be announcing the promotion/relegation list. One of the things that has eluded the SNAIL administration is to change the perception of what promotion and relegation really means. To most of the SNAIL community, a "promotion" means exactly that. "I am getting promoted, YAY for me!!" On the other side of the coin, there is the: "Relegated (DEMOTED), BOO for me!" There are even PM's that some have to field that reflect this mind set. The whole process of promotion and relegation has nothing to do with "good" or "bad" per se. The entire idea behind this process is to make sure that you are racing with other drivers that you fit in with the best. It is ALL about promoting the closest racing possible. One of the corner stones of this league. Just remember that whether you go up a division, down a division or stay where you were, the whole effort is to make sure we all are in the correct division. This is not a popularity contest, a status symbol or are these decisions made randomly. We, again, refer to the SNAIL Results Document. The Administration uses all of the data that we have available make final decisions on who goes into which division at the end of every month. Among many other reasons, this is also why it is SO important to get all of the data recorded in a timely manor.

Guide to Picking a New Combination

Another area I want to highlight this week are the "Car/Track Combinations" and the "Car/Track Information" tabs contained within the SNAIL Results Document. Within these two tabs, every single car, track and combination since the inception of SNAIL are listed therein. The list also goes into detail about dealership PP and how many appearances each track or car has seen. There is also fast and slow lap data for each combination. The next time you earn Prize A or Prize B and you need some solid data on what to pick, make sure to head to the SNAIL Results Document!! Based on the information available, it will really help you find that perfect combo!!

I am making this a little short this week. Mama made some SERIOUS hot wings tonight and I am feeling much like that big dude in the Monty Python movie... In closing, please take to heart what the whole promotion/relegation process really stands for and how the process works. And... Ummmm... "GO REDNECKS!!!!"

Race Clean, Race Hard, Race SNAIL

Last edited:
Oh yeah! last copy of GTPedia wooot :)

Sorry I missed RUFTARN. I went to a 7:30 showing of Oblivion and didn't get out of the theater til 10.

I also just sent a Friend request to D3

Guys, I doubt I will be able to participate in are you faster then a redneck for a month due to schoolwork piling up and finals coming up. I am barley able to participate Sunday nights as it is. I still want to do it once the semester is over with though.

Back