◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,696 comments
I had such fun tonight in D4!:):):) I didn't get disconnected and got to finish all the races. You can take me off suicide watch now.:sly:
Hope to get some pics up later tomorrow. I voted 2 sexosphere69TM.

Last edited:
What a bad night tonight for me. The last race was really fun tho good job guys. I think it needed more laps tho it got fun when my heart got into it.. Better luck next week.

Thanks mopar! I just need to get votes from Pyxen, joby, JESter, chatva and albti, to get it together. Again, I am really sorry I dropped the ball tonight. Among many other things, I am still befuddled with the ongoing issue if our connectivity problems. This whole month has been plagued with drivers not seeing one another and persistent disconnects. Still not sure how to approach this issue.

And the D4 replays have been uploaded....

Last edited:
ExoSphere64
Thanks mopar! I just need to get votes from Pyxen, joby, JESter, chatva and albti, to get it together. Again, I am really sorry I dropped the ball tonight. Among many other things, I am still befuddled with the ongoing issue if our connectivity problems. This whole month has been plagued with drivers not seeing one another and persistent disconnects. Still not sure how to approach this issue.

No man thank you, it's a lot of work putting this stuff together it's all good bud. And after the first race tonight far as i know the connection was good, so maybe it will be good from now on

3. As I said in the lobby. Exo, you put yourself down too much. I feel you do a fantastic job keeping everything together. D4 would be an absolute mess without you. For example look how fast you got those replays up. You are amazing man chin up. Thank you for the work that you do.

No man thank you, it's a lot of work putting this stuff together it's all good bud. And after the first race tonight far as i know the connection was good, so maybe it will be good from now on

3. As I said in the lobby. Exo, you put yourself down too much. I feel you do a fantastic job keeping everything together. D4 would be an absolute mess without you. For example look how fast you got those replays up. You are amazing man chin up. Thank you for the work that you do.

It is a lot of work to keep everything together on race night, well done to exo and all the people that get us through the night 👍 There's a song in there isn't there?

As you can see from the responsibilities post and drivers list, exo wears a lot of hats in D4 and speaking from personal experience, that can wear a little thin. If you can help S.N.A.I.L. and exo out by chipping in for D4, it would be appreciated 👍

:cheers:

It is a lot of work to keep everything together on race night, well done to exo and all the people that get us through the night 👍 There's a song in there isn't there?

As you can see from the responsibilities post and drivers list, exo wears a lot of hats in D4 and speaking from personal experience, that can wear a little thin. If you can help S.N.A.I.L. and exo out by chipping in for D4, it would be appreciated 👍

If someone shows me how to upload those videos, I'm sure I can help. I can also help with the others if I am properly trained in the matter. I learn quickly :)

Wow. That was a helluva battle 'tween Wolf and Dabney in race 5. Watched that replay twice just so I could focus on that. Was some good racing.

Thanks mopar! I just need to get votes from Pyxen, joby, JESter, chatva and albti, to get it together. Again, I am really sorry I dropped the ball tonight.

As al said, chin up Exo! You're doing a great job!

Among many other things, I am still befuddled with the ongoing issue if our connectivity problems. This whole month has been plagued with drivers not seeing one another and persistent disconnects. Still not sure how to approach this issue.

Who has been serving as host in D4? Maybe we could get all of the D4 guys to post their www.speedtest.net results? After all, D4 is the only division that doesn't have a designated "Primary Host".

Thanks! Let's keep 'em coming, uploaders! :)

If someone shows me how to upload those videos, I'm sure I can help. I can also help with the others if I am properly trained in the matter. I learn quickly :)

Thanks for volunteering, al! cheeb's put together an awesome instructional video so I'm sure he'll be PM'ing you with that. From there, you and Exo can talk about who'll be the primary video uploader, and who will be the backup. Just let me know what y'all decide so that I can update the TEAM S.N.A.I.L. post.

Also, who is managing the settings and changing the tracks while Exo is keeping score? As seen here, Exo appears to be the only division director wearing both of those hats. If nobody is already helping with the settings, perhaps you can assist with that?

Wow. That was a helluva battle 'tween Wolf and Dabney in race 5. Watched that replay twice just so I could focus on that. Was some good racing.

I wish I could race every race like that one! Felt so good! 👍 It was tight all 5 laps around.

Practiced Monza on Saturday night and yesterday seemed like a totally different track, kept making rookie mistakes.

Is there any way to do a speedtest from the PS3 itself ? Wouldn't that be where it matters most?

..hopefully Monza will be gone, Wolf, so you won't have to worry about it! ;)

pyxen
Is there any way to do a speedtest from the PS3 itself ? Wouldn't that be where it matters most?

If doing the internet connection text from the XMB, network settings menu, not really. That appears to be using PSN servers and I've gotten wildly erratic results with it. Right now, I could probably test there at 17mbps down and 1.5mbps up. This would be near the limits of what I pay for and probably match other speed test site results. This afternoon, after everyone gets out of school or home from work, the PSN servers start getting hammered and bandwidth is saturated. Seen results at this time of day as bad as 3mbps down with less than 800kbps up. Other sites will show lower as well but the difference is not nearly as dramatic.

Wolfsatz
Practiced Monza on Saturday night and yesterday seemed like a totally different track, kept making rookie mistakes.

The same here. Had a good pass in the last lap, second chicane on fereck, I think, then threw it in the sand on the last chicane. Perfectly indicative of both my races there.

Last edited:
2719950982.png

Here is my results. it's pretty good but everyone in the house uses up the bandwidth at that time of day.

CanuckleheadII

Tried to PM you, it said you have turned the PM option off. Not sure if your box is full or what.

Hey SoCalRacer310,

Send me the pm for CanuckleheadII, he's my brother and is having issues with the account, plus he doesn't spend much time on the thread. I'll try to help him get it sorted but in the mean time I'll forward your message to him.

Cheers.

..hopefully Monza will be gone, Wolf, so you won't have to worry about it! ;)

I tried using Speedtest.net from the PS3 browser, didn't work out. There's a plug in the site uses and I couldn't figure out how to make it happen on the PS3 :(

Thanks for volunteering, al! cheeb's put together an awesome instructional video so I'm sure he'll be PM'ing you with that. From there, you and Exo can talk about who'll be the primary video uploader, and who will be the backup. Just let me know what y'all decide so that I can update the TEAM S.N.A.I.L. post.

Yes awesome stuff, albti thanks! I put albti as the primary, with exo as the backup, spread the load :)

Also, who is managing the settings and changing the tracks while Exo is keeping score? As seen here, Exo appears to be the only division director wearing both of those hats. If nobody is already helping with the settings, perhaps you can assist with that?

This helps out the scorekeeper a lot and it keeps the room moving too. Super simple to deal with, Initial room setup per post one, pick the track, the laps and change between reverse grid and fastest first. Anyone?

Last edited:
I tried using Speedtest.net from the PS3 browser, didn't work out. There's a plug in the site uses and I couldn't figure out how to make it happen on the PS3 :(

Does the PS3 browser support Flash? If not, there's your problem.

albteman015

Here is my results. it's pretty good but everyone in the house uses up the bandwidth at that time of day.

That's better than "pretty good". Where are you testing to? Pick a server on the other side of the continent and see what you get.

Does the PS3 browser support Flash? If not, there's your problem.

I was pretty sure it was Flash but it didn't name it specifically. Gave some vague message about a plugin or gadget or some such missing.

kcheeb
I was pretty sure it was Flash but it didn't name it specifically. Gave some vague message about a plugin or gadget or some such missing.

Doesn't matter if its flash or java or some other plugin, the ps3 browser is crap in any case and I wouldn't trust it to do anything well or accurately.

Back