• 26 comments
Canada
Hillsdale
Oshawa-Joe
Formula SNAIL SPEC F2007

turbosnail.jpg

Sunday May 26/13 10pm Eastern.

In SNAIL Division 3 Lounge

The X Event has been postponed once again. Instead we will run a one time Formula SNAIL event. One night only.

8 or 10 minute Q and run 10 laps for each track.​

Tracks​
Tokyo
Suzuka
Spa
Indy Road Course​

SNAIL OLR applies.
Racing Soft tires.
And a reminder that we don't want this:

So far we have:

Oshawa-Joe
Kcheeb
Dabneyd
OwensRacing
Schmiggz
DrKronin
Racingchamp30
Chatva
Wolfsatz

Please post below if you plan to attend.

Last edited:
Come on guys, SPEC F2007 is very easy to drive. Where are all the race car fans?

FYI, broken in it's 721 Hp (but BOB won't do it for you)

The X is and has been out of my fun factor; but the F2007 is something I can handle and still have fun. Sign me up !:gtpflag:

That is a picture I recognize on top.

I took these pictures if you want to use them.

Last edited:
Count me in for tonight's event. I do need a friend request sent to me for division 3.

Send the friend request to SNAIL_Division3, I'll accept in about 15 minutes 👍

EDIT fr sent

Last edited:
So... Just making sure... Only the Ferrari '07 is allowed right?
No FGTs?

Can this one be gifted? Dont have time to break one in...👎

Correct. Only SPEC F2007 allowed. Do you have one?

Yes,.. But never driven... :grumpy: no time to drive it in to break it in.

This is the most expensive car I've bought... The other pricey models have been won.

By the way.... Why not run Monaco instead of Tokyo since F1 ran at Monaco today?

Monaco is an extremely difficult track. Tokyo is kinda sorta like it with the walls and sharp turns, but much easier to drive on at high speed and has many good passing zones.

The F2007 is quick to break in due to the high speed. Miles done in Practice mode count towards break in.

Also, the F2007 is much easier to drive than the FGT. It will not take many practice laps to get a good feel for the car; probably only 5 practice laps per track.

Monaco is an extremely difficult track. Tokyo is kinda sorta like it with the walls and sharp turns, but much easier to drive on at high speed and has many good passing zones.

The F2007 is quick to break in due to the high speed. Miles done in Practice mode count towards break in.

Also, the F2007 is much easier to drive than the FGT. It will not take many practice laps to get a good feel for the car; probably only 5 practice laps per track.

I was running the Tokyo Seasonal for Ferrari F1's, it's a lot of fun 👍 Even with the AI :lol:

I watched the F1 race live this morning; WoW the track seems even skinnier on TV than it does on the game; came to realize that even when Sergio Perez did not have the front wing; and lost 11 seconds off pace, the cars behind him could not pass him; until he just could not drive the car anymore.

71eb4f8a-669f-48f9-b7d9-1611af06607a_zpsfb030e25.jpg

# Driver-----------Points
1 Gumball----------64
2 Oshawa----------61
3 berdy-------------55
4 kronin------------54
5 kcheeb-----------50
6 racingchamp----41
7 wolf---------------41
8 schmig-----------19
9 nic----------------19

4 races... 3 different winners!

Full Results can be found here.

Last edited:
Made too many mistakes with the F2007, but had fun; if you do another event like this one I would be interested.

Wolfsatz
Made too many mistakes with the F2007, but had fun; if you do another event like this one I would be interested.

I finally got reasonably settled in the last two races. First two rife with mistakes :lol:

This car can teach you a lot about driving fast 👍

Was a blast, definitely up for more 👍

If we have enough interest, we can run it every week. 1 track each week, 10 minute Q and 2 half hour races with the second being reverse grid.

Let me know if interested.

For the guys that tried it out - it gets much easier with car broken in+ practice.

Oshawa-Joe
If we have enough interest, we can run it every week. 1 track each week, 10 minute Q and 2 half hour races with the second being reverse grid.

Let me know if interested.

For the guys that tried it out - it gets much easier with car broken in+ practice.

What night were you thinking?

We could also go a half hour earlier for edt guys, if the pdt guys are okay with it.

Tuesdays and Thursdays are good for me 75% of the time.

I've been racing in PP Cap Thursdays, nice chill night. Tuesdays would work and probably better that it's 75% of the time. Starting to fill up my schedule.

Back