◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,417 comments
Re: Grid 2,

"Grid 2 has its moments, but every racing game comes down to the relationship between car and driver, and here it is almost exclusively an adversarial one. Were the cars more fun to drive, the events more coherently constructed and the AI given a sense of a self-preservation, Grid 2's best moments could have been the norm, instead of the exception that proves the rule."

Is this like the speech of a politician that after a long 1 hour speech , really didnt say anything?

Read that 3 times and I still dont know what is says. Need a SNAIL TRNASLATION please!

Is this like the speech of a politician that after a long 1 hour speech , really didnt say anything?

Read that 3 times and I still dont know what is says. Need a SNAIL TRNASLATION please!

The cars aren't fun, the events don't have much cohesion, and the AI isn't smart enough to watch out for itself. Sometimes everything comes together, but that's the exception, rather than the rule.

Better?

I went to add d2 on my secondary account and d2 already has their max friends. Delete my main one off unless there's slots that can be opened up.

Anything wrong with these?

Nope! And those have the virtue of being in game shots. I just seem to recall Zero being fond of using pics of the cars on the track they'll be run at, which mine are not. I just post some up from where I can get them and let the wizards of photoshop pick which to use.

Thanks for the pics! I only cared about having the car on the track they'll be run at if it was the only picture that was going to be used. However, when a diagram of the track layout is put next to the picture of the car (like joby's been doing lately) then where the car is in the pic is much less important. :)

Friend requests sent. Btw can someone send me the Pontiac on my secondary account? GTP_chilly1

FR's accepted. 👍 Please be sure to delete the SNAIL accounts from your secondary account as soon as you're done with your 24hr race. We don't want anyone having multiple accounts with access to the lounges because of the size limit that the PSN puts on each account's friends list. It results in situations like this:

I went to add d2 on my secondary account and d2 already has their max friends. Delete my main one off unless there's slots that can be opened up.

I cleared a couple of inactives, but please only add a secondary account if there's no other way around it. If you do send a request, be sure to post when you do along with the name of the account.

Tuesday night Nurburgring 8:30pm to 10:30pm EDT. D1 Lounge.
gt5screenshots026-1276806685-opt.jpg

zer05ive
FR's accepted. 👍 Please be sure to delete the SNAIL accounts from your secondary account as soon as you're done with your 24hr race. We don't want anyone having multiple accounts with access to the lounges because of the size limit that the PSN puts on each account's friends list. It results in situations like this:

I cleared a couple of inactives, but please only add a secondary account if there's no other way around it. If you do send a request, be sure to post when you do along with the name of the account.

Will do. Thanks.

The cars aren't fun, the events don't have much cohesion, and the AI isn't smart enough to watch out for itself. Sometimes everything comes together, but that's the exception, rather than the rule.

Better?

Yes....hopefully this is a game that can be rented to give it a spin... Otherwise ill wait until it gets to the sale bin.

I was without Internet all week, so I missed whatever conversation led up to several SNAILs deciding to run the 24hr Nurb race at once, but you guys have me wanting to do it (again). Then I realize how crazy I sound saying that. I did it in 4 days when my SO went out of town, and I barely slept. It rained the entire night and most of the morning. Crazy :crazy:. And totally worth it.

DrKronin
I was without Internet all week, so I missed whatever conversation led up to several SNAILs deciding to run the 24hr Nurb race at once, but you guys have me wanting to do it (again). Then I realize how crazy I sound saying that. I did it in 4 days when my SO went out of town, and I barely slept. It rained the entire night and most of the morning. Crazy :crazy:. And totally worth it.

I'm on track for that. I've only done two sessions and I've got eleven hours done so far.

Hey guys. The move went about as smooth as you could hope (considering everyone we had to help us ditched out, bastards!) And we are staying to get settled in and squared away. In the next few days I should be at a point where I can get my old rig set up until I have the time/finances to build my new one. On a plus, I'm now racing on a 50 inch screen and uber fast internet. 30 dl, 5.5 ul and 18ms ping.and that was on my mac book, which is running super janky. I don't think I'll b for e making it back to sunday races anytime soon though. 7am work call is a killer, however, I do want to get the snail touge going, and I have an idea for those of us that want Sunday races but can't make it that late. More to follow in the coming days on that.

Last edited:
Here is the Spa image

Does anyone have the ability to grab a nice image of the Rome Reverse Track map?

2 burning questions I haven't been able to answer on my own:

1. Isn't Rome a GT fantasy track which are all resolutely hated by the person who selected it? Rome isn't a real track is it?:confused:

And so I shall...

Alfa Romeo 147 TI 2.0 Twin Spark '06

@

Rome Reverse

Haters unite!

2. Zer05ive: why did you quit racing in your own league?:confused:

Oh, oh, oh, oh. *throws hand up excitedly* I have a question too!
Those of you that race using play seats and the alike, do you use buttkickers, and if so, where/how are they attached? I've been puzzling over what exactly I should do for a rig, and built or prefabbed, just a seat or a full on cockpit. I have many ideas but I don't have an over abundance of space at the moment (gotta share my computer area for awhile) and I'm not sure what route to go.

Secondary account request sent. Account name is BspecBob_III if someone could send me a solstice that would be awesome. I don't have any cars on this account and the help would be much appreciated.

Secondary account request sent. Account name is BspecBob_III if someone could send me a solstice that would be awesome. I don't have any cars on this account and the help would be much appreciated.

FR accepted. Please remember to delete it from the D2 list once you no longer need it. That way we can maximize the number of guys who have access to it. 👍

2 burning questions I haven't been able to answer on my own:

1. Isn't Rome a GT fantasy track which are all resolutely hated by the person who selected it? Rome isn't a real track is it?:confused:

Yup, but I like Rome reverse for some reason. I am eagerly anticipating all of the complaints about the kink. Really though, I don't consider London, Rome, or Madrid imagination-land tracks. They're at least realistic, unlike most of the PD tracks.

zer05ive
FR accepted. Please remember to delete it from the D2 list once you no longer need it. That way we can maximize the number of guys who have access to it. 👍

Will do. There's a chance I'll finish le mans before Sunday, but I want to have this as insurance because it'll be close.

Oh, oh, oh, oh. *throws hand up excitedly* I have a question too!
Those of you that race using play seats and the alike, do you use buttkickers, and if so, where/how are they attached? I've been puzzling over what exactly I should do for a rig, and built or prefabbed, just a seat or a full on cockpit. I have many ideas but I don't have an over abundance of space at the moment (gotta share my computer area for awhile) and I'm not sure what route to go.

Here's a video of how to use the Gamer or Gamer 2 with a Playseat. My first iteration used this method and worked well. Using the rubber foot isolators under the corners of the playseat makes it easier to shake too :)

If you have a rolling chair to drive with, the Gamer2 clamps directly to the middle support of the chair and works well, ask zer0 ;) I would imagine it would clamp readily to any chair with a similarly sized vertical support (leg).

I use two of the Wireless Home Theater Buttkickers, one for the left channel and one for the right channel. The plate the transducer is mounted on (included in that kit) goes under the left and right rear supports of my GranStand rig. I've got rubber isolators under key points of the rig. Feeling the vibration on my right as I run over rumble strips on the right of the car is awesome 👍

EDIT: I meant to say, if you play other games or watch a lot of action type movies, the buttkicker adds a whole lot to the experience. Seeing, hearing and feeling the explosions, gunshots etc. is way cool.

I'll be back on the grid soon though. :)

:cheers:

Yup, but I like Rome reverse for some reason. I am eagerly anticipating all of the complaints about the kink. Really though, I don't consider London, Rome, or Madrid imagination-land tracks. They're at least realistic, unlike most of the PD tracks.

If the kink is what I think it is, that is the funnest part.

Thought it might be easier to have some guidelines for number of laps in the Sunday races.

eg. Lap times from 02:30 - 03:19 - 4 laps. 03:20 - 04:59 - 3 laps ...

Laps .... Lap Time
1 ........ 10:00
2 ........ 05:00
3 ........ 03:20
4 ........ 02:30
5 ........ 02:00
6 ........ 01:40
7 ........ 01:26
8 ........ 01:15
9 ........ 01:07
10 ....... 01:00
11 ....... 00:55