OwensRacing

I’m your Huckleberry
Premium
United States
Indiana-USA
OwensRacing

C82FFD5F-3220-42FF-A861-7B5D1FB6F981-697-000000716F2E7A1F_zps3b4d1dcc.jpg

4CB49D86-422E-429D-A8EB-5497C77896FD-796-0000007CB8E9C601_zps5ae5a971.jpg

RACING RULES:Please Read https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=6329103#post6329103

"Thursday Night Thunder at the Ring"

-Room will open at 9pm for open practice

-Racing Starts at 9:30pm

-1-2 laps Nordschleife layout (Slow cars only one lap keep total race times under 20min)

-Racing wont end till after midnight EST!!!

Note: We will be using the three cars slated for S.N.A.I.L's Sunday night event as well two additional cars!!!

Then we will switch up cars and add some time change to dark. As well possible rain racing. Ill most likely select a car or two from the OCD and a premium car to use. Hope you guys make it for some Grëën Hëll fun!!!

531A5866-25B6-438E-91D8-31D835E2FFBA-697-000000735DFD3800_zpsc3c8eacb.jpg

87666660-05B4-4B7B-8F09-912D7AD89D5F-2122-0000019ACE50093F.jpg

4866EACD-5223-4199-9D7D-FB0299BBD749-2122-0000019AD5257A55.jpg

Last edited:
Tire Restrictions: (based on Dealership PP)

Street Cars below 450 PP -> Sports Hards
450-499 PP ---> Sports Mediums
500 PP & up --> Sports Softs
Race Cars below 600 PP -> Racing Hards
600 PP & up --> Racing Mediums

Last edited:
I'll be round sporadically. I've been into the straight line thing lately. Need to expand the skillset, you know.

Nice map. It's missing some of the smaller bits and some of the names are regional(miss-hit-miss/three rights, etc) but it's a great resource as I find most people have no idea where I'm referring to when discussing turns. Nice time exposure night shot of Wehrseifen.

For anyone else reading, this is a great opportunity to learn the course as there is guaranteed to be some experienced folks to watch on track.

Thinking we will use a car or two from the Academy. Tuned 370 and GTR for Thursday. In addition to the three SNAIL cars for the week. Those are TBA yet.

The GTR could be had from a Seasonal as well Academy. The 370, I have one from an event that can be gifted. So if you need it. Let me know. Not sure if the seasonal Tuned GTR is giftable. Will check.

Tonight's line up:

1: BMW 135i (Sport Mediums) 2 laps

2: Acura NSX RM (Racing Hards) 2 laps

3: GT Academy Tuned 370Z (Sport Soft) 2 laps

4: GT Academy Tuned GTR (Sport Soft) 2 laps

5: 125 Kart (tuning open for longer gears) 1 lap

-All cars get one lap warm up and we go green

-That should occupy a solid 2hrs including practice.

-Note: All cars are Stock tuning prohibited.

-Room will open at 9:00 pm EST

-First Race to start at 9:30 pm EST

oooh cant wait! where do you get the 370Z from? i don't recall seeing it in the NCD.

The 370Z came from the GT Academy challenges. I'm not sure of the PP off hand but anything FR and similar PP will be allowed.

I chose these as I've never used them.

They are giftable from what my son says. I know the older version I have is giftable. I can get it sent out to you before we race if you like.

If the 2012 GTA version can be gifted then the GTR can be had too.

Kart gearing. I'm not sure what too speed but guessing like 100-110mph will be ideal. Most likely be on before 9pm and do a little testing.

Thursday Night Thunder at Nurb Open:

New Room:

CLOSED

Gonna send Wolf the 370Z

New room asap

Last edited:
I dont have the 370: anyone can send?

Why dont you come to the same room?

Last edited:
I need the Z as well :).

I missed all the fun ugh, real life is kicking my buns.

Last edited:
I need the Z as well :).

I missed all the fun ugh, real life is kicking my buns.

Oh man! We will be back next Thursday at 9:00 EST and run till 12:00 EST

If you all wouldn't mind posting some cars you enjoy running at Nurb we will try to incorporate them in over the next few weeks. Premium cars preferred. ;)

Thank you all for coming out. Really enjoying it. Fun, relaxed, social, competitive, intense all wrapped into this format. No commitment. No time schedules to adhere too. Semi organized racing fun. We all need that once a week. ;)

I know next week we will be looking at using the S2K GT1 Turbo - Tire choice is open as of now. SS or RH not sure what would deliver the best fun factor.

Thank you racers for making this a lot of fun.

Last edited:
Silly question but i can't find the answer doing searches: I was kicked out of a room because my game froze, I tried rejoining the room but it gives me the "blocked blah blah blah" message, what is the fix for that? Or am I stuck never being able to join this fellers rooms because honestly they are usually pretty awesome.

Silly question but i can't find the answer doing searches: I was kicked out of a room because my game froze, I tried rejoining the room but it gives me the "blocked blah blah blah" message, what is the fix for that? Or am I stuck never being able to join this fellers rooms because honestly they are usually pretty awesome.

You are welcome back for sure. Very sorry about the kick. Allow me to explain, we sometimes get the type of person that won't enter a race or does and quits then proceeds to type and type ruining everyone else's race. With no response i was afraid this may be what we was looking at. My mistake for not checking the thread and correlating the name. :( I do apologize. The kick was only in hopes to prevent any problems.

Look forward to having you race with us next week.

Hopefully I'll be able to join next Thursday. Looking forward to racing with you guys.

Owens,
How about if we race the Caterham as 1 of the options?

Sounds great.

Snail Cars:

NSX

Other two waiting on prize winners to pick

Additional cars for the night:

Amused GT1 Turbo
Caterham

CARS FOR THURSDAY NIGHT

-Honda DC5 Integra RM
-NSX RM
-Lexus IS-F RM

All 3 on Racing Hards