• Thread starter Taiga
  • 19 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Singapore
Singapore
lowzikai

SMFan's vision of the theme:

Try to capture the gritty feel of racing by adding dirt to the car or the road, mud splashes or huge dust clouds (if on a rally track).

The picture doesn't have to be edited too heavily though, a nice subtle layer of dust on a racecar can look fantastic, IMO. :)

There is no car/location limitations.

UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: ^ Above.

3unlimitedrules-1.png

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow
the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, send me a Private Message.

This Thread will answer many possible questions you may have.

• It is recommended you host your image on ImageShack, Photobucket, or Flickr.
• Not sure how to post a thumbnail or preview image? Read this sticky!
• Please use a clickable-preview to full-size, not a separate text link for it;
it makes poll creation much easier!

• One entry per user.
It must be your own work, and never previously used in a comp.
• Do not ask other users to choose your entry.
• Mark your FINAL ENTRY clearly, with red text.
• You may change your entry once. Do it clearly; edit out your previous entry, and
either post the new one in a new reply, or in place of the original.
• When submitting, use either a thumbnail or a preview image, linked to the full-sizer.
• Preview images can not exceed 500 pixels in either direction.
• A preview image must be representative of the full-size image. Do not add effects to it.
• Do not post "Honourable Mentions" or outtakes - just your Final Entry, that's all.
• Winner gets to choose the following week's theme, as well as the Top 15.
• Winners cannot enter in their own theme!
• The Host may ask for the original image and it must be submitted if so.
• It's recommended to save the original image (preferably in-game) until week's ends.

3editing-1.png

• Crop and/or resize an image.
• Adjust the level or curve values.
• Alter the colour tone of the image (gradient maps, photo filters, colour balance, etc).
• Car body colour change (all stickers/design features must remain, see "Remove Items" rule).
• Adjust brightness, contrast, exposure, shadow/highlights.
• Enhance shadows or highlights (dodge and burn tools in Photoshop, for example).
• Add noise and/or diffuse glow.
• Add a post-game tilt-shift blur, or apply a motion blur to a stationary Photomode shot.
• Make use of Layer Blend Modes.
• Use a Sharpening filter and/or tool.
• Scale or enlarge rims.
• Remove or modify license plates.
• Remove the GT watermark.
• Add a personal signature.
• Clean up or fix jaggies, texture pixelation, or colour separation.
• Add a vignette effect.

• Artistic filters are allowed; that means green light for lens flares, ghost effects, etc.
• Weather edits are allowed but do refrain from using it on every single entry you put out.
• Multiple photos are allowed, HDR and photo-stitch away!
• Selective colouring and masking of the car or background is allowed.
• Light leaks, dirt particles, fractal effects, typography, and any along the lines of the mentioned are allowed.

• Small images outside of GT5 is allowed. This includes logos, car body parts (e.g. rims, decals), textures (e.g. retro filter grain), small objects (e.g. trees, grass, bricks).
• Large images are, however, disallowed. This includes background swapping, placing a whole car into the photo, changing the environment entirely and etc.

(e.g. trees, grass).
• On the issue of placing cars into photos, if the car is taken from a GT5 photo, and placed into another GT5 photo, it's fine. This makes for multi-car phototravel shots.

• IMPORTANT: Winners, to allow for a more open competition (not too restrictive), please limit the description of your theme at your own will. (Try to avoid themes like "Mazdas at Nurburgring", or "Only at Trial Mountain")

Please refrain from distancing away from the theme with your edits, saying if there is not really a need for a weather edit, it is recommended that you don't add it in.

Failure to follow these rules will result in ignored entries and/or disqualification!

3deadline.png

Sunday, 9th June [10:00 GMT]

Last edited:
Thanks Raph! It will no doubt soon be upstaged by your photo and many others, but alas, someone had to start!

^^ Great Pictures! Here is my measly offering!

(Removed, not even close to what's being offered! Saves me from futher embarrassment!)

}:^{>

Last edited:
Wow that's pretty good chromatic9. 👍

Here's my measly effort. I had little time to fit this in the last week and a half so I don't think it's that great. I went for a more subtle use of dirt.

Final Entry

M Power

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back