â—† SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,699 comments
Zero are you a school principal? For some reason when reading your response I heard the voice of my high school principal. Awesome response by the way! đź‘Ť

Just pre-ordered GT6 from GameStop. Anyone else?

9133716229_3b8ee056f0.jpg
[/url] Deep Forest Raceway by hunterjlee, on Flickr[/IMG] Close d5 racing
9133718577_7a1a2e5faa.jpg
[/url] Deep Forest Raceway_2 by hunterjlee, on Flickr[/IMG] Even closer!
9133720349_46eeaf3a14.jpg
[/url] NĂĽrburgring GP_D_1 by hunterjlee, on Flickr[/IMG] Thats gonna leave a mark!

I have no idea why you guys are bringing me and psycho up in your snail thread shouldn't you be talking about your league and not ours? Like please. You have your own league..race in it..we have our own league..and we will race in it..simple as that. I do not want to part take in this fight at all. Really guys.. its a video game of racing..its not like for example Walmart vs. Target.

We will talk about what we damn well please in our thread. If you didn't want a fight you should have stayed home. This isn't Wal mart versus target, this is you guys being assholes to our league admins and then acting like you didn't do anything

I think the issues are mostly with 1 guy not guys. He happens to have influence over a number of people and they would have no reason not to follow and believe. It's what friends usually do. Except rally.

The saddest part about all of this is how Psycho is just letting Ph1sher hang out to dry. As Joe said, Ph1sher had no reason not to believe what Psycho told him. In fact, he believed him so whole-heartedly that he launched an attack in defense of his league.

Unfortunately for Ph1sher, his trust in Psycho has left him trying to salvage his reputation. But guess who hasn't tried to take any of the heat off of Ph1sher? The one person who's responsible for all of it. So much for accountability.. :rolleyes:

The saddest part about all of this is how Psycho is just letting Ph1sher hang out to dry. As Joe said, Ph1sher had no reason not to believe what Psycho told him. In fact, he believed him so whole-heartedly that he launched an attack in defense of his league.

Unfortunately for Ph1sher, his trust in Psycho has left him trying to salvage his reputation. But guess who hasn't tried to take any of the heat off of Ph1sher? The one person who's responsible for all of it. So much for accountability.. :rolleyes:
I said it once, I'll say it again, shoot the messanger, at least in this case. Ph1ster left himself out to dry. even with the facts presented to him, he continued to defend Psycho and what is now obviously their stance in the situation. Regardless, I never expected to hear anything from psycho, he was heartless and spineless enough to steal everything we worked on, call it his own, and then tell his league that we are the theives, to expect him to be accountable and man up is wishful thinking.

Open Letter to Turtle Racing League​
Members of Turtle Racing League,
Thank you for making your way over here. Your time is appreciated. It's recently been brought to my attention that some of you harbor strong resentment towards S.N.A.I.L. and I would like to address those feelings.

I honestly try and limit my conversation on the SNAIL thread but since my name was brought up via a quote in the open letter to TRL. I thought I might give my two cents.

First off, I think Ph1sher is a great competitor and have never even heard a cross word from him over at turtle. Since I don't follow the SNAIL thread religiously, I have apparently missed the posts where Turtle ideas were being bandied about unless he was referring to the first turn rule discussion or some discussion from long ago? I must have missed it.

Second, I was put on probation for 2 weeks for a race incident with DRGreen and I deserved to be. I raced last Sunday because I assumed probation was not suspension. Perhaps there was some confusion on Ph1sher's part or mine? Does 2 weeks probation mean I cannot race for 2 weeks? If so, I raced when I should not have last Sunday.

Now on to the meat and potatoes:

Since I have raced in both leagues for some time, I can say that I have never heard Psycho say a negative word about SNAIL.
I race with him weekly and he couldn't be a nicer guy. If he has some hostility towards SNAIL, he keeps it private, or at least has for many months since I joined TRL Enduro Series. Since I have personally brought up SNAIL on TRL league nights, I would think if there was some hostility, it would have come out then. I have also mentioned SNAIL in TRL threads and have never had a negative response from those posts from anyone regarding SNAIL. Perhaps I am just lucky and missed all the complaints? I would think I would have at least caught a whiff of it by now, but this is the first I am hearing of it.

What is said in the TRL thread when I am not paying attention may be another story as I don't really religiously follow that thread either. I do read enough to have a gut feeling that no criticisms are being leveled regularly at SNAIL and I haven't seen any specific complaints about league copying. Besides, imitation is the highest form of flattery and should not be offensive to a person secure in themselves. They may have borrowed ideas from SNAIL and SNAIL may have borrowed some ideas from Turtle too. I am not sure why that, in itself, would offend either league.

One thing that I can say with confidence is that competitors in SNAIL take incidences a lot more serious than Turtle guys do. Both leagues demand the observance of OLR Rules and the Good Racecraft guide but when you find yourself outside those guidelines, SNAILS tend be more hostile and unforgiving. Also, debates within SNAIL tend to escalate into a more hostile mode similar to COD forums. if I had to guess, I would say the average age of SNAILs is younger than TRL for that reason alone. Older people tend to be more secure in their opinions and less hostile to dissent.

That is not saying all SNAILs are that way but it is a big part of the culture at SNAIL. Turtle, on the other hand, has a less competitive and more fun loving atmosphere and I have commented about that personally on the TRL Enduro thread when encouraging interested SNAILS to join Turtle when they have exhibited an interest in doing so: "come on over because it is fun and competitive and light hearted".

That is not to say that SNAIL needs to change or is somehow wrong in its approach!

It is just the way it is and it seems to be working fine for all involved as SNAIL is a pretty big and popular league. That popularity may be directly attributed to the extremely competitive and combative nature of SNAIL. I know I look forward to the challenge each Sunday even with all the drama. Would the NFL be as popular if everyone loved each other and nobody ever said a mean thing about another player? Probably not. That being said, a lot of drama created isn't that interesting and is created by people trolling.

Sometimes I wish things were overall more friendly in SNAIL but I am also cognizant that if I had my wish, the whole dynamic of SNAIL could change; perhaps for the worse.

In closing, I think that any rivalry between TRL and SNAIL is overblown. They both have their own dynamic, competitors in each league are above average in racecraft and performance, and there seems to be no real public disdain by TRL for SNAIL or vise versa.

Or, I am full of it and am totally oblivious to it all because I don't pay close enough attention. I find that in many ways, ignorance is bliss. Hence the reasoning behind paying scant attention.

Your post leads me to wonder what our average age is.

I know several guys I run with are def legal adults and many well over the drinking age.

Not for debate purposes, just for statics and curiosity. Maybe to ensure us older guys were not alone in our gaming addiction. ;)

I know several guys I run with are def legal adults and many well over the drinking age.

Not for debate purposes, just for statics and curiosity. Maybe to ensure us older guys were not alone in our gaming addiction. ;)

I myself am 42 going on 21.

XXXVIII

Maybe some of the young ones won't even know how to read mine... heck maybe even some of the old ones... :sly::dopey:

How did the Romans do math? Going to have to Google it, Oh wait, I swore off those NSA loving bastards. I better Start Page that......

I don't think that debates escalating into a hostile tone have a direct relationship with average age here. It's more of a pissing contest at times, and other times it's a boat load of sarcasm and snide undertones. But that comes at any age.

I don't think that debates escalating into a hostile tone have a direct relationship with average age here. It's more of a pissing contest at times, and other times it's a boat load of sarcasm and snide undertones. But that comes at any age.

Most wars are started by old farts who don't have to fight aren't they?

But just imagine if young men were given all the power...

Not very many of us are making this the be a Snail vs Turtle thing specificlly. More with the two named. Now, with that said, unless psycho comes along and says otherwise, we can only go by what ph1ster said to zer0. So, we either have him as a liar, or Psycho. One way or the other, I stand by zer0's choice of publicly calling out Psycho. Regardless of what is said to you or on the forum, one of those two are claiming us the theives and them the originators. When we work this hard to make this league, and to have a copy cat come along and pull a stunt like that, it's a serious slap to the face. IRL, if someone slapped in the face, its going to be a bad day for someone. Since this is the internet, and you can't really devolve to fistacuffs, this is the more mature and best option.
In my super opinionated opinion, all of us take what we do here serious to some extent. especially those that are behind the scene. Imagine pouring months and months of your free time into something you love, then someone else comes along and steals it, and further totes it as their own. Not only totes it as their own, but then calls you a fraud and that you tried stealing the idea from them to boot! Thats about as big of a slap in the face as it gets on a forum.

I have been legally able to drink longer than I was legally not able to drink.

Ok on a completely unrelated subject.... has anyone heard what the new combos are or did I miss them or have they not been announced yet? Thank you

Ok on a completely unrelated subject.... has anyone heard what the new combos are or did I miss them or have they not been announced yet? Thank you
That wont be utill tomorrow, and thats generally the average time. We are waiting on the stewards to finish doing their thing before the winners are free to chose, unless of course none of them are under stewardship review.

Not very many of us are making this the be a Snail vs Turtle thing specificlly. More with the two named. Now, with that said, unless psycho comes along and says otherwise, we can only go by what ph1ster said to zer0. So, we either have him as a liar, or Psycho. One way or the other, I stand by zer0's choice of publicly calling out Psycho. Regardless of what is said to you or on the forum, one of those two are claiming us the theives and them the originators. When we work this hard to make this league, and to have a copy cat come along and pull a stunt like that, it's a serious slap to the face. IRL, if someone slapped in the face, its going to be a bad day for someone. Since this is the internet, and you can't really devolve to fistacuffs, this is the more mature and best option.
In my super opinionated opinion, all of us take what we do here serious to some extent. especially those that are behind the scene. Imagine pouring months and months of your free time into something you love, then someone else comes along and steals it, and further totes it as their own. Not only totes it as their own, but then calls you a fraud and that you tried stealing the idea from them to boot! Thats about as big of a slap in the face as it gets on a forum.

It would really surprise me if Psycho was acting in the way you described or was using another (Ph1sher) to do his dirty work.

I know you guys do a lot of work for free to keep this league going and totally understand why you would be defensive of it. I myself appreciate your efforts greatly and applaud you.

I am just trying to pass on my honest experience with psycho and due to that, my reluctance to believe that he is doing what he is accused of doing because of my experience with him. I hope I am right because I believe he is the good guy that I have come to know him as.

Perhaps I am not a good judge of character over the internet?

Haha, I'm old enough to remember when the drinking age was 18! Of course that was roughly 5 years ago on a military base bordering a coutry with no drinking age.I know I am far from the oldest, and certainly not near the youngins, however, and perhaps its the Scotish in me, but I have no problem devolving into confrontation, as long as it's for a good reason. Most of the debates on here I've found little reason to get confrontational though. Admittedly things do get a bit heated here from time to time though.

It would really surprise me if Psycho was acting in the way you described or was using another (Ph1sher) to do his dirty work.

I know you guys do a lot of work for free to keep this league going and totally understand why you would be defensive of it. I myself appreciate your efforts greatly and applaud you.

I am just trying to pass on my honest experience with psycho and due to that, my reluctance to believe that he is doing what he is accused of doing because of my experience with him. I hope I am right because I believe he is the good guy that I have come to know him as.

Perhaps I am not a good judge of character over the internet?
This leads me back to one of my points, either he is the liar, or ph1sher is.

Back