POLL: Happy or unhappy with Standard cars?

Are you happy having standard cars in GT6?

• Yes, I'm happy of having standard cars in GT6

Votes: 188 31.8%
  • No, I'm not happy of having standard cars in GT6

Votes: 237 40.0%
  • Don't care.

Votes: 167 28.2%

• Total voters
The one thing I disagree with is when people talk about Standards in terms of choosing which cars get Premium treatment and which get Standard treatment. The Bugatti Veyron comes to mind here. It isn't like PD chose cars to be Premium while others be Standard. If PD had their way, EVERY car would be Premium. That's even if a lot of outsourcing was done to help make the process easier. It's rare even for me to say this, but I am not going to be bothered even if a 1980s Honda City Turbo doesn't get Premium-type detail.

The one thing I disagree with is when people talk about Standards in terms of choosing which cars get Premium treatment and which get Standard treatment. The Bugatti Veyron comes to mind here. It isn't like PD chose cars to be Premium while others be Standard. If PD had their way, EVERY car would be Premium. That's even if a lot of outsourcing was done to help make the process easier. It's rare even for me to say this, but I am not going to be bothered even if a 1980s Honda City Turbo doesn't get Premium-type detail.

How do you go from one end of the spectrum to the other?!

Of course PD chooses... If they wanted all cars premiumised I'm sure they would be on top of it. Seems like they're focused on MOAR content to me..

I'm a graphic designer and find the Standards embarrassing.
I don't. So who's right? I think one thing that could be said to be wrong is insisting that one of us not have the cars they want. And then there's this:

So it's very disappointing to get them in GT and find the experience is barely any different from when I drove them over eight years ago. Yes, the physics are different
And just what experience does a racing game give you besides tooting a car around a track? If you want to bring up sound, that's one other thing, but I'm clearly not someone who is in love with the loudest VROOM VROOM noises in racing games above physics, nor damage, another factor.

So maybe this is yet another bit of clarification. The biggest thing I want in a racing game is to experience racing a car around a track as best a game can deliver it. Clearly, for some people here the quality of sound affects their sensation of driving, and others, the graphics. I think that's very strange. Maybe they use hand controllers instead of wheels. Maybe sound really is more important to them than physics, or graphics. I don't understand that, and I really don't care if that's their bag. If they really dislike Gran Turismo so much, I have to wonder why anyone would hang around a website devoted to that game for so long, if it really is that vexing to them. If I didn't like seafood, I sure wouldn't keep going to Red Lobster insisting that they make Italian food.

In any case, I have said, and said, and said, and SAID why I like the Standards and why I want them in GT6 now that they're coming, so I think that dead horse has just about been vaporized by now.

Well, one final point on this. The poll has been pretty well taken with way more than 500 participants, which should be a fairly good representation of the members here. Those who want the Standards gone have hit a ceiling just barely over 40%, after more than a year of making your case. And with the Standard cars and tracks being improved further, I'd say making converts to your cause is just going to get harder. Plus, you sure aren't going to win over those of us who want to experience the old Spirras, TVRs, BMWs etc alongside the newer ones in GT7 with the power of PS4 to fuel the physics, graphics and sound even further. Maybe by then, if there really isn't any major difference between the old models and brand new ones, this argument will finally receive the eternal rest it deserves. If there still is some sort of tiered quality level, I guess we'll be racing while you guys are grumping over it.

Last edited:
I honestly don't understand how that's even odd. It's just numbers. What if I said the obsession with having low numbers is odd?

Oh, and about the piece of paper listing cars part. If you're a car enthusiast, I'm sure you could a list a dozen cars. Classic cars, Sportcars, Supercars, Rally cars and so on. I'm sure it'll at least reach to 200.

Wut? Who has an obsession with low numbers? Nobody has an obsession with lower numbers but plenty of people go around saying "I want to keep the 800 standards", "I want the 1200 cars", "1500 cars would be great" without actually thinking about what those cars would be. I'm pretty sure given the list of 800 standard cars most people could pick out two or three hundred cars they could do without, maybe more. People go on about how bad it'd be to lose 800 cars but the reality is they wouldn't be losing 800 cars they actually want.

My point is people seem more concerned with how many cars the game has rather than what those cars actually are.

As for the last part, yes maybe it would reach 200 but 800? 1000? 1500? Nobody could list that many cars off the top of their head that they would want and that's my point. People say they want thousands of cars but to get to that number they'd have to spend hours on the internet finding and listing most of those cars then never drive hundreds of them.

Think about it, if a game had 1500 unique cars if you even drove each one for just 5 minutes that'd take you 125 hours.

If it took 30 seconds to buy each car then that alone would be 12 and a half hours if you did it in one go. :)

I agree with you. I do like that Gran Turismo has always had a broad range of cars and car types, but it doesn't need thousands.

You wanna explain exactly what the decision process is as to what cars are made premium then, if they're not choosing? Are they rolling a dice, casting bones, using an ouija board, what?

Someone at PD is choosing which cars to make into premiums. They're doing a crap job.

Wut? Who has an obsession with low numbers? Nobody has an obsession with lower numbers but plenty of people go around saying "I want to keep the 800 standards", "I want the 1200 cars", "1500 cars would be great" without actually thinking about what those cars would be.

Well I can understand the 800 standard cars and 1200 cars, but who said they wanted 1500 cars? And not knowing what cars are on the list, isn't that like that for every racing game? When we heard the standard cars were returning, a lot of people seem to have knew the dupes will return didn't they? I heard a lot about it in the standard car thread if I remember.

I'm pretty sure given the list of 800 standard cars most people could pick out two or three hundred cars they could do without, maybe more. People go on about how bad it'd be to lose 800 cars but the reality is they wouldn't be losing 800 cars they actually want.

My point is people seem more concerned with how many cars the game has rather than what those cars actually are.

There are only a couple of standard cars I can do without, and that's just dupes. In GT5 whenever I see them, I just ignore them.

As for the last part, yes maybe it would reach 200 but 800? 1000? 1500? Nobody could list that many cars off the top of their head that they would want and that's my point. People say they want thousands of cars but to get to that number they'd have to spend hours on the internet finding and listing most of those cars then never drive hundreds of them.

I won't disagree with you on that. But how you word it, why does it sound similar to what the SMS guy said from a interview? I'm guessing because due to the variety of cars people would choose IF, at 1000, they wouldn't make up their minds which cars to drive and just end up ignoring the rest.

Think about it, if a game had 1500 unique cars if you even drove each one for just 5 minutes that'd take you 125 hours.

Hehe, that's funny because I did that in GT5 in free run online. I can't make up my mind of which cars to keep driving, so I usually just drive one car than the next car and so on. I find it boring to only drive one car when theres so many of them to pick from, it's fun imo. :D

Well I can understand the 800 standard cars and 1200 cars, but who said they wanted 1500 cars? And not knowing what cars are on the list, isn't that like that for every racing game? When we heard the standard cars were returning, a lot of people seem to have knew the dupes will return didn't they? I heard a lot about it in the standard car thread if I remember.

Well by simple maths the guy who said he'd rather have 500 standards than 200 premiums wanted 1300 cars. I'm sure other people have said they want big numbers.

There are only a couple of standard cars I can do without, and that's just dupes. In GT5 whenever I see them, I just ignore them.

I find it hard to believe you're being honest here. More on why below....

I won't disagree with you on that. But how you word it, why does it sound similar to what the SMS guy said from a interview? I'm guessing because due to the variety of cars people would choose IF, at 1000, they wouldn't make up their minds which cars to drive and just end up ignoring the rest.

Not sure what you're saying here.

Hehe, that's funny because I did that in GT5 in free run online. I can't make up my mind of which cars to keep driving, so I usually just drive one car than the next car and so on. I find it boring to only drive one car when theres so many of them to pick from, it's fun imo. :D

Wait, so you drove a Renault Lutecia and then thought "Right, next up the Renault Clio"? Or "Right that's the Eunos Roadster 89 tested out, time to give the MX-5 89 a run".

I get that people like variety but as I say, I highly doubt anyone truly wants all 800 standards to come back.

Well by simple maths the guy who said he'd rather have 500 standards than 200 premiums wanted 1300 cars. I'm sure other people have said they want big numbers.

Oh. Well okay, now I know, hehe. :P

I find it hard to believe you're being honest here. More on why below....

Pfft, duh. Of course I'm being serious silly. There no my concern. :D

Not sure what you're saying here.

You don't? Ah oh well, I tried. :guilty: But it did remind me of that SMS guy though. ;)

Wait, so you drove a Renault Lutecia and then thought "Right, next up the Renault Clio"? Or "Right that's the Eunos Roadster 89 tested out, time to give the MX-5 89 a run".

Nope, I don't collect dupes nor test which car is better. What I do is I just choose what car to drive for fun, because you know, I love driving cars. :D

Lets say I picked out, a Mazda RX-7. After driving for a few minutes, I than exit the race and go into my garage to pick out a Saleen S7. After the S7, I pick out the next. Mind you these are mostly standard cars. I sometimes drive premiums but there kind of boring.

I get that people like variety but as I say, I highly doubt anyone truly wants all 800 standards to come back.

I know, but I'll deeply miss them because I like there shapes, its funny. ^_^

Well, you may not be specifically stating that you want every car to be a "premium" but in a sense aren't you by being critical of the "standards". My favorite car in GT5 is the '65 Pontiac Tempest GTO. It's a "standard" and by no stretch of the imagination do I want the car ever removed unless there is a "premium" version in its place. This applies to the PS4 versions too.

Like I said earlier, I can tolerate standard cars one last time on the PS3. I will drive and enjoy them like I will with the premiums. So no point in me complaining about them in that regard. PS4 on the other hand is a diffrent story...

Last edited:
Lets say I picked out, a Mazda RX-7. After driving for a few minutes, I than exit the race and go into my garage to pick out a Saleen S7. After the S7, I pick out the next. Mind you these are mostly standard cars. I sometimes drive premiums but there kind of boring.

I know, but I'll deeply miss them because I like there shapes, its funny. ^_^

So that is a lot more than "a couple of standard cars I can do without", isn't it? That was my point, you don't want the duplicates or a handful of other cars so of those 800 there are probably 300 or more you "could do without".

So that is a lot more than "a couple of standard cars I can do without", isn't it? That was my point, you don't want the duplicates or a handful of other cars so of those 800 there are probably 300 or more you "could do without".

Than again I have like 600 or 630+ standard cars in my garage soo. :\

I'm much more interested in new GT6 cars than a bunch of old "standards". Personally I wouldn't be upset if none of the old standards return. I'm ready for an updated roster and what PD has revealed so far looks great.

There's still many, many GT5 Premiums I've yet to spend any quality time in. Premium tuners, SEMA cars, various RM's, DLC Cars I've paid for. Just not enough time for everything.

I understand that some are attached to old GT3 and 4 cars but not me.

There's a good chunk of Standards that are some of my favorites too: first-gen MR2, '70 Galant, first-gen WRX's of any sort, so many of the Lotii, the E46's, and don't even get me started on the race cars. So it's very disappointing to get them in GT and find the experience is barely any different from when I drove them over eight years ago.

Disappointing yes, but it really is better to have then to have not, correct? Seriously, I would be severely bummed out if my favorite car wasn't in Gran Turismo even though I want a few more features. Here is to hoping that GT6 finally changes the M.O. and by all indications it should.

I don't see how repackaging old content is going to extra lengths. When VW released the mkV Golf, they kept the mkIV running for a few years here as the "City Golf", and advertised it as a new car. It wasn't, and they hadn't gone to extra lengths to give consumers a newer, cheaper option. They just slapped on some ugly taillights to an old model.

If you think about like this, I am pretty sure PDI came to the realization that they as a team would be unable to bring us 1,000 cars all at the premium level. So what they did was take old assets and put an HD coat of paint of them. Sure it wasn't perfect, but what that did was give the users more cars to use. Surely you must understand the amount of work it took to do this.

I'll ignore the implications this has regarding Kaz' "perfectionist" status, but on the contrary: I am patient. I don't expect 1000 premiums. Which is precisely why I'd be fine with a Premiums-only game, just as I was fine with GT3. I understand good things take time, and I'd rather them done properly.

Well, I guess that is where you and I differ then. I would rather have a game as big as it could be and have some inconsistencies in it. Like I said earlier, I have emotional attachment with some of the cars in Gran Turismo.

For a driving game that is heavily biased towards racing (in that the only places you can drive are race tracks) and that aspires to be a sort of encyclopaedia of cars, to include the iMiev over the M3 is the wrong choice.

Like I said prior, I am sure people share the same sentiment as you do, while others are happy to see the Mitsubishi in GT5.

Not about preferences or anything else, you'll always find someone that will prefer one thing over the other. That's fine. In terms of appeal to the audience the game is designed for (car enthusiasts) and the game's own stated goals the iMiev is wrong.

It's not as black and white as you make it sound. Perhaps Kaz wanted a car that was unique as compared to a RWD racing machine. If anything, a case could have been made to not have as many Super GT class cars due to how many are there. But I believe that has more to do with where Kaz and PDI are from.

I notice that PD didn't think the normal Mitsubishi i was good enough to go in, so it's there purely because when GT5 was sold environmentalism was in full swing. It was a trendy choice.

Sometimes, decisions like this are better for the business as compared to appeasing the hard core fan base. Anyone who comes here to post easily qualifies as a hard core player and would have purchased GT5 in the first place with or without "__________" type of car. Perhaps PDI was able to explore other business ventures as a result of the electric vehicle being in game. To me, that is far more important then making sure fans of a certain car are 100% happy.

So, in terms of preferences there's not much to be said. Personal preferences will always be personal. In terms of what GT5 tries to be, it's absolutely wrong to have an iMiev over an M3.

In your opinion. No matter what type of logic you put out there, it will still come down to the individual. Me? I don't care that the BMW you posted isn't in GT5 as I know of plenty of cars I would rather have and feel are more important.

Believe me, I understand any type of frustration you might have with this issue but I realize that there are things that are out of my control. As I posted above, there are to many things outside of our knowledge that could have led up to the iMiev being put in GT5. Did Mitsubishi pay PDI to model the car? Did BMW even make a case with the M3?

Like I said earlier, I can tolerate standard cars one last time on the PS3. I will drive and enjoy them like I will with the premiums. So no point in me complaining about them in that regard. PS4 on the other hand is a diffrent story...

And that... is another story for another time.:)

So what they did was take old assets and put an HD coat of paint of them. Sure it wasn't perfect, but what that did was give the users more cars to use. Surely you must understand the amount of work it took to do this.

There was no "HD coat of paint". All of the carried over standard cars in GT5 are identical to the cars in GT4, just rendered at a higher resolution. That doesn't take any extra work.

There was no "HD coat of paint". All of the carried over standard cars in GT5 are identical to the cars in GT4, just rendered at a higher resolution. That doesn't take any extra work.
Heck, some of them even looked better in GT4 for some reason :yuck:

Heck, some of them even looked better in GT4 for some reason :yuck:

I believe that was because the wrong, lower quality LOD model was being displayed for some of them, hence that picture of the awful looking Daihatsu or whatever it was.

I believe that was because the wrong, lower quality LOD model was being displayed for some of them, hence that picture of the awful looking Daihatsu or whatever it was.
Probably. But jesus PD :yuck:

If you can't see that there are objective arguments to be made for the inclusion of cars in a game, particularly when the game has a stated focus like GT does, then why bother? Why not just roll dice to decide what goes in?

I apologize for not being specific as I got in a hurry, but I was referring to just that (HD resolution) and the lighting engine in GT5.

Anyways, there had to be a ton time invested in by PDI in order to bring them to the PS3, right?

If you can't see that there are objective arguments to be made for the inclusion of cars in a game, particularly when the game has a stated focus like GT does, then why bother? Why not just roll dice to decide what goes in?

Actually, I can and even brought it up..

maxpontiac
Believe me, I understand any type of frustration you might have with this issue...

So you either failed to read this or just flat out disagree with me.

Either way it's all good because whether you or I like "Car A" or don't like how "Car B" is missing, it's still out of our control to what cars PDI uses, right?

Anyways, there had to be a ton time invested in by PDI in order to bring them to the PS3, right?

Why did there? Is there any evidence that it wasn't a simple copy/paste job? Visually, they're identical. Mechanically, nothing changed. They're not allowed in photo mode so no work there. They had extremely limited customisation options, so presumably those could have been carried over almost whole cloth from GT4.

I'm not seeing anything to suggest they didn't just take the numbers, plonk them in GT5, make a dodgy Used Car dealership and go for a beer.

Actually, I can and even brought it up..

So you either failed to read this or just flat out disagree with me.

It seemed like a bit of a fib after you'd spent the last several paragraphs explaining that there might be other reasons for choosing the iMiev or that it was all still just an opinion.

Maybe the reason was a big cheque. Maybe the reason was Mitsubishi sent Kaz a new Lancer. There are reasons why the iMiev gets in the game over the M3, if it comes down to it.

Those are not good reasons why the iMiev *should* to be in the game over the M3. It does not make it a better game. It may make PD more money, if you take into account how many people will not buy GT because of it (hardly any) and how much of a better deal Mitsubishi cuts them, if that's what the reason was. But how much money PD makes means absolutely nothing to anyone except PD. The rest of us just care about whether it's a good game or not, because that's all we get to see.

How do they choose what stuff gets into art galleries? All art is (supposedly) subjective. Which means that you could make the argument that any piece is as deserving as another. But it's not. Particularly when you're showcasing something for a specific purpose, like maybe an automotive encyclopaedia.

In fact, a lot of the subjective elements can be objective when viewed in the context of the larger community. Which car a single person prefers is subjective, but which car the community of GT players prefers at any given point in time is objective. There is an answer, and it's the same whether I ask the question, or you do, or the Pope does.

And yeah, it's all out of our control. But if you're going to take that road, 95% of the discussion topics are out of bounds. We'd be sharing tuning setups, organising races, and posting the seasonal of the week. And that's it.

Boring.

Talking about GTs faults and what GT should be is a major part of a discussion forum. Talking about it in a thread titled "Happy or unhappy with Standard cars?" would seem to be basically required.

If it took 30 seconds to buy each car then that alone would be 12 and a half hours if you did it in one go. :)
That's why we want some cars, buy some cars, then go race them. Then want some more cars, buy some more cars... ;)

*raises hand*

I take it you forgot that I mentioned how I had cycled literally hundreds of Standard cars through my Favorites list to race them in Arcade Mode. And had been doing nothing BUT racing in Arcade Mode for the better part of a year. I would season the mix with five or ten Prems now and then, but my focus was on the Standards because of the wealth of rides available on that side of the fence, and outside of a small fraction, the fact that they don't look nearly as bad as you guys are making out. And I discovered a number of gems which were a delight to race; Hondas, Jaguars, Beemers, Toyotas, Nissans... lots of cars which were a blast whether modified or stock. I was derailed for a time with Forza 4 and the GTA demo, but I'm itching to get back to it sometime soon.

I have a feeling that if more people were aware that Arcade Mode is a one race Event Generator with more challenging bots, they would do the same thing. Change that to Online Mode and many people do what I did. Throw in the Course Maker, and the clever guys who grasps how to get the most from it, and we have plenty of incentive to race pretty much until the next Gran Turismo comes out.

I know you guys across the aisle find people like me and max baffling, who genuinely like these cars, so most likely, all this accomplishes is to add to the consternation. Oh well, whee. :lol:

I have a feeling that if more people were aware that Arcade Mode is a one race Event Generator with more challenging bots, they would do the same thing. Change that to Online Mode and many people do what I did. Throw in the Course Maker, and the clever guys who grasps how to get the most from it, and we have plenty of incentive to race pretty much until the next Gran Turismo comes out.

The only problem with that statement is that it's untrue.

Arcade mode on any track other than a course maker track is a single file rabbit chase. Even after 5+ laps on a course maker track becomes this. The AI drive an identical line all the time with the "best" car always winning.

Doesn't matter weather they're standard or premium. Just makes the game look ten times worse if it's a line of standards playing follow the leader.

I don't. So who's right? I think one thing that could be said to be wrong is insisting that one of us not have the cars they want. And then there's this:

All those cars were available - last generation. I'm not sure why GT is a special case here (well, I do have a suspicion, it begins and ends with the logo on the box). No other game would get away with such a wholesale rehash of last-generation, almost decade-old assets. I would take issue with Metal Gear Solid 4 being primarily recycled Snake Eater assets, for example.

And just what experience does a racing game give you besides tooting a car around a track? If you want to bring up sound, that's one other thing, but I'm clearly not someone who is in love with the loudest VROOM VROOM noises in racing games above physics, nor damage, another factor.

Interesting you want to take that approach; so is that all GT is about then? Physics above the other features? Odd indeed, as Kaz has repeatedly tossed out the "encyclopaedia" or "passion" buzz-words. But I guess it's all just about racing... which frankly, GT is pretty bad at.

So maybe this is yet another bit of clarification. The biggest thing I want in a racing game is to experience racing a car around a track as best a game can deliver it.

By that vague definition, nearly every (racing) game would qualify.

Clearly, for some people here the quality of sound affects their sensation of driving, and others, the graphics. I think that's very strange.

What is strange about wanting the increased immersion of both of those being on par with the rest of the genre this generation? Quite frankly, anybody who says neither sounds nor graphics enhance the experience of the simulated drive are lying or being intentionally obtuse. The best physics engine in the world won't ever trick me when I'm staring at a bunch of blocks.

Maybe sound really is more important to them than physics, or graphics. I don't understand that, and I really don't care if that's their bag.

I don't think you'll actually find many people who would absolutely state either of those are more important than physics in a simulation title. What you might find, however, are people that think the physics are in less dire need of improving (ie. are already pretty competent) in comparison to those two other categories. Other than a tire model that doesn't allow a Mini to pull the same lateral g's as a Vette on the same grade of tire, nor allows any off-the-line torque steer, I'm actually pretty satisfied with GT5's physics engine. It's certainly not the area I feel the game is most in need of making up ground lost to competitors.

If they really dislike Gran Turismo so much, I have to wonder why anyone would hang around a website devoted to that game for so long, if it really is that vexing to them. If I didn't like seafood, I sure wouldn't keep going to Red Lobster insisting that they make Italian food.

It's probably easier to just skim past people saying it (or it sure wouldn't be your first time, for that matter), but a fair amount of us like the series so much that that's why we stick around. This is a series that introduced me to automobile culture, that has provided me with life-long friends, that has paid for some of my post-secondary schooling. In no uncertain terms, GT has changed my life.

Well, one final point on this. The poll has been pretty well taken with way more than 500 participants, which should be a fairly good representation of the members here.

Why yes, 0.232% of the GTPlanet membership is a stunning representation.

And with the Standard cars and tracks being improved further, I'd say making converts to your cause is just going to get harder.

Some. By how much, we have no idea.

Disappointing yes, but it really is better to have then to have not, correct? Seriously, I would be severely bummed out if my favorite car wasn't in Gran Turismo even though I want a few more features. Here is to hoping that GT6 finally changes the M.O. and by all indications it should.

It might. Considering Standards showed up in GT5 with less features than they enjoyed in GT4, I don't think I'm being unreasonable with my skepticism about precisely how much they've been improved.

As for that first sentence; perhaps, for you. I know I'd rather have no steak than a bad one - if the latter shows up to my table, I'm not going to just say "oh well, I paid for it, but the chef sure did try" and eat it. I'll wait - again, patiently ;) - for the good stuff.

If you think about like this, I am pretty sure PDI came to the realization that they as a team would be unable to bring us 1,000 cars all at the premium level. So what they did was take old assets and put an HD coat of paint of them. Sure it wasn't perfect, but what that did was give the users more cars to use. Surely you must understand the amount of work it took to do this.

I do understand the work it would take - very little. Considering they were brought in untouched from their last outing, I really can't see why they would've been hard.

I'd hope PD could come to that realization - because it didn't take me long to do the same all those years ago! I never would've expected 1000 fully-modeled, current-generation style assets. That'd be impossible. I expected either a lower-quality level than the Premiums we did end up with (though higher than Standards) - unlikely though, going by PD's previous track record of aiming for the highest quality in their genre each generation - or a much smaller car list than GT4 had.

Well, I guess that is where you and I differ then. I would rather have a game as big as it could be and have some inconsistencies in it. Like I said earlier, I have emotional attachment with some of the cars in Gran Turismo.

We do indeed, Max, though I think it's safe to say we actually share that last bit in common.

What's ironic is that if PD wanted to release an HD port of their earlier games like other companies did, they already have the cars and tracks done thanks to GT5.
Just need to rework the GUIs into "HD" from the 4 games.

So they could release a GT1-4 HD "remaster", minus premiums and your done.

The only problem with that statement is that it's untrue.
This is obviously a case of YMMV, because if it wasn't true, I wouldn't have wasted nearly 12 months never winning an Arcade race and forcing myself to have fun. Which is actually what I have done with a certain competitor, another competitor, and a few of the better PC sims. Invariably, and what's going to happen eventually once more, is that I end up missing Gran Turismo and come back to it for a few more months of fun with it. Until GT6 comes flying into my hot little hands. ;)

All 800, or just the 650 or so unique ones? Because if you like random extra names on the same cars we can probably kick it up to a couple of thousand.
Woah, thanks for letting me know that GT5 really has more than 2000 cars! :D

Of course I know the argument about the dupes and how much that also grouches some people, but I must tell you truly that if it wasn't for the 2000 car garage limit, I'd never give it another thought. In my avarice to Pokemon all the cars including variations, I ended up with duplicates of duplicates, and banging into the 2000 car ceiling, I had to go clean out my toybox. A couple of times. :P

But as I said before, I also want the cars from the previous GTs too, so I'm the wrong person to be involved in that debate.

Back