◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,696 comments
awesome, while your at it, get some good vinyl stickers made up and I'll sticker my "race" car and tool box. Gotta be quality though, it's gotta live through water, snow, ice, dirt, mud and the sun.

I'll probably have them all made in vinyl. 👍

What's size(s) would be the best to make? I'm thinking a rectangle-shaped sticker with rounded corners (like our logo). I need to know what height and width would be ideal. :)

Here is a great place to race too. http://www.mrpmotorsport.com/

Zer0, something about 4"x8" or there abouts i think would work good. Be sure to get quality vinyl though. There is a disc golf store that makes their own stickers. they are cheap though, and after about a month on our car, the edges started to roll up. The RallyX sticker i have on the other hand, has been on my car three years now and still going strong.

Last edited:
Hill, I might consider flying down (or driving, but it's 14 hours each way. Yuck) for the 25-hour race in December if you get a group together for that. If you'd have me, of course. Would love to fly the SNAIL flag in the real world :)

Edit: Wait a sec. Isn't Thunderhill in NorCal? *heads off to the Google* Yep! It's only 6-7 hours from here. That's not bad at all.

Contradictory to my PSN I am currently in PNW. I might be down for this.

I'll probably have them all made in vinyl. 👍

What's size(s) would be the best to make? I'm thinking a rectangle-shaped sticker with rounded corners (just like our logo). I need to know what height and width would be ideal. :)

4" Long
8" Long
12" Long

Sell them in packs of 4 - two 4" and one 8" & 12"

theres a bunch of us North of you in the greatest state ever! Michigan. :sly:
Maybe we can meet up somewhere around south bend.

But I live on the other side of the pond so it'd have to be when I finally get my car which I hope is soon and have some money!

Zer0, something about 4"x8" or there abouts i think would work good. Be sure to get quality vinyl though. There is a disc golf store that makes their own stickers. they are cheap though, and after about a month on our car, the edges started to roll up. The RallyX sticker i have on the other hand, has been on my car three years now and still going strong.

Okay, I'll try to find some quality vinyl. I'll PM you if I have any questions. :)

4" Long
8" Long
12" Long

Sell them in packs of 4 - two 4" and one 8" & 12"

Thanks for the recommendation, Owens. I'll try to get those sizes made. 👍

And yes, I'll be selling them - but not for money. The "BIG" idea I referenced above is basically to create a S.N.A.I.L. marketplace where services performed are compensated, and where goods are bought and sold. We'll essentially be creating our own economy with our own currency and the whole nine yards. It won't be ready for prime time for another month, but when it launches I expect it to be pretty cool! :cool:

Last edited:
zer05ive
And yes, I'll be selling them - but not money. The "BIG" idea I referenced above is basically to create a S.N.A.I.L. marketplace where services performed are compensated, and where goods are bought and sold. We'll essentially be creating our own economy with our own currency and the whole nine yards. It won't be ready for prime time for another month, but when it launches I expect it to be pretty cool! :cool:

Oh my! Looking forward to this. 👍

Congrats to all who got promoted

Big congrats to GTP_XR_Racer- good job man! It was quite the couple of weeks racing you in division 4 man! Lots of fun! Hey remember 0.011!! Won't forget that! Awesome racing man! And congrats on the promotion! You earned it man!!!

What are you guys running for lap times around trial mountain in the lambo with sports softs? Im running low 2:33s, the car is so slippery.. but fun!!

Thank PH7, I share this title with you. If you are doing 2:33 on Trial Mountain then you're in trouble. Actually you should be doing 1:33, a good time! Congratulations for the promotion and congratulations also to friends who came from Division 4 to Division 3, JJ Lopes, O10231994 and Chatva, see you on Sunday in Division 3!

PS. I will not soon forget the 0,011!

Yo guys I've been thinking and i want to try to get a racing wheel, but i don't know what to get and i really don't want to spend $100s on one, any help Or info, thanks

Congratulations to July's winners and those promoted. :)

Glad to see NMCP1 aka Nuno in D1. Always a pleasure racing with him.

Thanks Jeff! Not sure I should be jumping for joy :) or quaking in my racing socks! :scared: Either way I'm officially an ALIEN!!! :eek:

Thanks to the powers that be for giving me a shot at running with the heavy hitters and congrats to all those that worked hard and got promoted!

...and this special section is for Handlebar. :D
I'd like to give this league a try. Maybe I can give my old friend OwensRacing a run for his money... ;-) Sign me up!

Give OwensRacing a race? Eeeeek!

Errrrm.... Welcome, how is the weather in Area 51, these days? :sly:

I'll submit my weather report after my first official night in D1..... :sly:

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

GTP_XR_RACER_11
Thank PH7, I share this title with you. If you are doing 2:33 on Trial Mountain then you're in trouble. Actually you should be doing 1:33, a good time! Congratulations for the promotion and congratulations also to friends who came from Division 4 to Division 3, JJ Lopes, O10231994 and Chatva, see you on Sunday in Division 3!

PS. I will not soon forget the 0,011!

Thanks!! Congratulations guys, here to keeping the great racing up. But how did i make it to D3? I didn't see that coming lol good job guys

Yo guys I've been thinking and i want to try to get a racing wheel, but i don't know what to get and i really don't want to spend $100s on one, any help Or info, thanks

I hear the DFGT is a great place to start. However, when it comes to wheels, you really get what you pay for. I suggest a G27. They can be had in the low two hundreds, and are the best at that level. After that you start getting up to the $400 plus range. The G27 also has a large amount "aftermarket" support. Much quieter to boot.

@ Rallywagon: were you starting a funday room? Or did anyone else have ideas for today?

If anyone uses the driving force pro, could you tell me how well it is?

Last edited:
Rallywagon
I hear the DFGT is a great place to start. However, when it comes to wheels, you really get what you pay for. I suggest a G27. They can be had in the low two hundreds, and are the best at that level. After that you start getting up to the $400 plus range. The G27 also has a large amount "aftermarket" support. Much quieter to boot.

Is it a good idea to get a used one like on Craigslist? Or where's the best place to get it?

mopar440
Is it a good idea to get a used one like on Craigslist? Or where's the best place to get it?

I picked a new one up on Amazon for just over 200. It's a good wheel. I felt the pedals were better than the t500. Still like my t500 but the g27 is just as good when you take it all into account.

Just so I'm clear about track boundaries....for Trial Mountain right before the last chicane, are we not allowed to go 4 wheels over that white line? And for those 2 turns with the yellow paint, are we not allowed 4 wheels in there either?

Hey guys,
I have a question about the Lamborghini LP400. Mine all had stage 1,2,or 3 engine tuning but one. I restored it to original state and broke it in and ended up at 516PP and 392HP. Is this what it is supposed to be? Someone please let me know
Thanks
raymann500

Just so I'm clear about track boundaries....for Trial Mountain right before the last chicane, are we not allowed to go 4 wheels over that white line? And for those 2 turns with the yellow paint, are we not allowed 4 wheels in there either?

All pavement is on-track, unless there is a rumble strip, in which case the pavement behind the rumble strip is out-of-bounds. So the yellow-striped areas are in-bounds.

This also means that you can cross the white line before the chicane. The wall is the boundary there. But in the first tunnel, there is a rumble strip on the inside, so the sidewalk beyond it is out-of-bounds. Putting more than 2 wheels (completely) over warrants a penalty.

Hey guys,
I have a question about the Lamborghini LP400. Mine all had stage 1,2,or 3 engine tuning but one. I restored it to original state and broke it in and ended up at 516PP and 392HP. Is this what it is supposed to be? Someone please let me know
Thanks
raymann500

I have 516 PP, too. If I were you, I'd make doubly sure by joining my own lobby and setting the Tuning to "Prohibited" and then trying to enter the track. For cars I've tuned in the past, I sometimes find out that there's still something tuned on it. If it works then, you'll be fine on Sunday.

All pavement is on-track, unless there is a rumble strip, in which case the pavement behind the rumble strip is out-of-bounds. So the yellow-striped areas are in-bounds.

This also means that you can cross the white line before the chicane. The wall is the boundary there. But in the first tunnel, there is a rumble strip on the inside, so the sidewalk beyond it is out-of-bounds. Putting more than 2 wheels (completely) over warrants a penalty.

Thank you :)

hillracing
I picked a new one up on Amazon for just over 200. It's a good wheel. I felt the pedals were better than the t500. Still like my t500 but the g27 is just as good when you take it all into account.

Hmmmmm... I guess I should get looking then...

I'd like to officially announce that the July 2013 season results are final. While a complete summary of the points standings can be found here, I wanted to highlight the division champions:

Division 1
martin20az

Division 2
Garage-father

Division 3
kcheeb

Division 4
GTP_XR_RACER_11

Division 5
canuckleheadII

Congratulations to all five of you! :cheers:

Awesome job to the division champs:tup: Good luck in your, well earned, new divisions.

Also, congrats to all who were promoted:)

Well kcheeb, looks like we're co-directing again:)

Awesome job to the division champs:tup: Good luck in your, well earned, new divisions.

Also, congrats to all who were promoted:)

Well kcheeb, looks like we're co-directing again:)

Well done to all the July Season Champions 👍

Looking forward to doing whatever you need me to do :D

👍 to everyone in D3, was awesome racing with you!

Sign up for Logitech's Newsletter. Every so often they run promotions and I've seen some pretty good discounts on both the DFGT and the G27. 👍

Back