◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,772 comments
Highlights this past week from D2:

GCarneiroBR giving jlbowler a little boost
IbSwkRy.jpg

Nice shot of the whole gang (in order): jlbowler, GCarneiroBR, drrgreenthumb67, tcrash15, kcheeb, SoCalRacer310, AG07WRXTR, me (zegrated)
KLVL9Nu.jpg

jlbowler leading tcrash15 into the chicane. Its the 4th lap and the top 6 is still bunched up!
GmFWodH.jpg

jlbowler spins while leading the 1st race at Cape Ring (he made up for that by winning the 2nd race there). That's me sneaking by him there.
YzakxsH.jpg

kcheeb and I taking the infamous jump. Hmm, maybe I'm a little too close....
Z8LxXGH.jpg

S#!%, yep. Definitely too close.
bpKdCfE.jpg

jlbowler leading the 1st race here, me attempting a pass on the inside (not successful). GCarneiroBR and drrgreenthumb67 are the spectators.
cjHY4wK.jpg

AG07WRXTR testing his drifting skills.
JwpZVje.jpg

Me choking away the lead on the final race of the night. drrgreenthumb67 and GCarneiroBR go by, which set up an epic finish.
yhlW6Or.jpg

drrgreenthumb67 just beats out GCarneiroBR by 0.044! Great way to end the night.
Q6glIHp.jpg

My dear friends Owens Racing and Oshawa Joe,
I'm truly sorry for not coming forward for the nice events you guys are directing but right know i'm working 12 hours/day starting at 5am making absolutely insane trying to be up until midnight in a everyday regular basis and trust me, sunday night events are a whole monday falling asleep at the job site. The monday's pp cap are into the "beyond insanity" level loaded with coffee and wednesday's practice is brushed off the map.
This "lifestyle" is not to last long but 'til there i have to refrain my snail appetite.

PS. Owens... I watched the Indy Road Course replay.... Simply amazing :)

D2 Data is complete!

If anyone has yet to check out the whole Results google doc, I recommend doing so because you are really missing out on some great info. Great way to compare your times within your division, across divisions, etc.

I so agree!! 👍👍👍 It is truly a work of art.

Your Steward Report for the Week

Race Date - 04 August 2013​

Please note - The preliminary prize winners have had their respective incidents reviewed and determinations made.
It's possible that a few incidents (not involving prize winners) have not been reviewed and/or included in this report and it may be amended later this week. This post will be updated NLT Saturday 10AUG2013 by 7:00PM Eastern Time. A notification of update will be posted when the update has been made, if it does.

Division 5 - 4 incidents on file

myato1 / myato1
  • Race 2 incident Level 3 - 9 points 3 weeks probation

ThePDTX / RafaelR_13
  • Race 4 incident Level 2 - 7 points 2 weeks probation

Division 4 - 8 incidents on file

soundtiger95 / soundtiger95
  • Race 2 incident Level 2 - 6 points halved to 3 for concession 2 weeks probation

kikoe / kkoe
  • Race 1 incident Level 5 - 15 points
  • Race 4 incident Level 1 - 3 points
  • 18 Points total for 6 weeks probation

Bandit0627 / Bandit0627
  • Race 4 incident Level 1 - 4 points 1 week probation

Division 3 - 17 incidents on file

JJLopez427 / JJLopez427
  • Race 1 incident Level 1 - 1 point 1 week probation

chatva / chatva
  • Race 4 incident Level 1 - 4 points 1 week probation

GTP_XR_RACER_11 / GTP_XR_RACER_11
  • Race 4 incident Level 3 - 9 points 3 weeks probation

Ph1sher / GTP_Ph7shr
  • Race 4 incident Level 1 - 2 points
  • Race 4 incident level 2 - 7 points
  • 9 points total for 3 weeks probation

mopar440 / O10231994
  • Race 6 incident Level 1 - 2 points 1 week probation

Thanks to JLBowler, Handlebar, TEX36 & dabneyd for their reviews this week. You gentleman really stepped up. This week has to mark a record of some sort, even if a dubious one.

Don't forget to put in your points for the TEAM SNAIL Contest.
If you don't recall this going on, send a PM to kcheeb and he should be able to fill you in on the details.

* * * * * * * * * * * * *​

These changes affect the final standings and prize winner selection candidates.
Full final results can be found here.
***If you were penalized and would like further explanation regarding the incident, just PM your Division Steward and they will let you know what the stewards saw and our opinions on it.***

Shamelessly plagiaristic Steward Recruitment plug follows.

If there's anyone else out there who would like to help enforce the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and promote good racecraft, I have three

words for you..

needyou1.jpg

• Do you value clean racing so much that you're willing to help protect and promote it?
  • Are you looking for a way to give back to the league and join TEAM S.N.A.I.L.?
  • Do you think you might have what it takes to be a S.N.A.I.L. steward?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, please PM me! :)

Is this the winners?

myato1 prize 1 - new car and track combo

bandit prize 2 - new car or track (Lambo @ Trial Mountain)

Is this the winners?

myato1 prize 1 - new car and track combo

bandit prize 2 - new car or track (Lambo @ Trial Mountain)

I don't think so. Zero or Cheeb should be along shortly to post the adjustment to prize winners. Might not know who until the morning.

So I thought it was finally time to read the OLR. I'll admit to racing following Wheaton's law (thou shall not be a dick) until now, but everything in the OLR was common sense to me. I did get a kick out of the 1, no bugs 2, no shortcuts based on bugs 3, no external cheats 4, no cheating in any other way we haven't thought of. Could have started with that and been done lol

But that's not the point of this post. I noticed directly after the OLR I was linked to via the first post Handlebar posted some ghetto mode pictures. Not just any pictures though. They were pics from my first night in snail! Different divisions but it was cool all the same 👍

Attention Division 4

I will be leaving for a little "R & R" tomorrow and will not be back until next week sometime. This will include next Sunday. I am asking for a little help covering a few slots for next weeks League night. I am working with Tex for replay uploads and as it always goes, Bandit and Goat can handle the lounge for the night. I just need someone to cover score keeping. I can still take care of data entry as soon as I return. I will be checking in with the thread when I can and should be available to help in any way I can throughout the week. Thanks in advance and good luck to the D4 gang!!

Dragonwhisky

Race Date - 04 August 2013

Please note - The preliminary prize winners have had their respective incidents reviewed and determinations made.
It's possible that a few incidents (not involving prize winners) have not been reviewed and/or included in this report and it may be amended later this week. This post will be updated NLT Saturday 10AUG2013 by 7:00PM Eastern Time. A notification of update will be posted when the update has been made, if it does.

Division 5 - 4 incidents on file

myato1 / myato1

[*] Race 2 incident Level 3 - 9 points 3 weeks probation

ThePDTX / RafaelR_13

[*] Race 4 incident Level 2 - 7 points 2 weeks probation

Division 4 - 8 incidents on file

soundtiger95 / soundtiger95

[*] Race 2 incident Level 2 - 6 points halved to 3 for concession 2 weeks probation

kikoe / kkoe

[*] Race 1 incident Level 5 - 15 points
[*] Race 4 incident Level 1 - 3 points
[*] 18 Points total for 6 weeks probation

Bandit0627 / Bandit0627

[*] Race 4 incident Level 1 - 4 points 1 week probation

Division 3 - 17 incidents on file

JJLopez427 / JJLopez427

[*] Race 1 incident Level 1 - 1 point 1 week probation

chatva / chatva

[*] Race 4 incident Level 1 - 4 points 1 week probation

GTP_XR_RACER_11 / GTP_XR_RACER_11

[*] Race 4 incident Level 3 - 9 points 3 weeks probation

Ph1sher / GTP_Ph7shr

[*] Race 4 incident Level 1 - 2 points
[*] Race 4 incident level 2 - 7 points
[*] 9 points total for 3 weeks probation

mopar440 / O10231994

[*] Race 6 incident Level 1 - 2 points 1 week probation

Thanks to JLBowler, Handlebar, TEX36 & dabneyd for their reviews this week. You gentleman really stepped up. This week has to mark a record of some sort, even if a dubious one.

If you don't recall this going on, send a PM to kcheeb and he should be able to fill you in on the details.

***If you were penalized and would like further explanation regarding the incident, just PM your Division Steward and they will let you know what the stewards saw and our opinions on it.***

Shamelessly plagiaristic Steward Recruitment plug follows.

Damn.. Looks like we all need to go to driving school..... Haha

zegrated
Highlights this past week from D2:

GCarneiroBR giving jlbowler a little boost

Nice shot of the whole gang (in order): jlbowler, GCarneiroBR, drrgreenthumb67, tcrash15, kcheeb, SoCalRacer310, AG07WRXTR, me (zegrated)

jlbowler leading tcrash15 into the chicane. Its the 4th lap and the top 6 is still bunched up!

jlbowler spins while leading the 1st race at Cape Ring (he made up for that by winning the 2nd race there). That's me sneaking by him there.

kcheeb and I taking the infamous jump. Hmm, maybe I'm a little too close....

S#!%, yep. Definitely too close.

jlbowler leading the 1st race here, me attempting a pass on the inside (not successful). GCarneiroBR and drrgreenthumb67 are the spectators.

AG07WRXTR testing his drifting skills.

Me choking away the lead on the final race of the night. drrgreenthumb67 and GCarneiroBR go by, which set up an epic finish.

drrgreenthumb67 just beats out GCarneiroBR by 0.044! Great way to end the night.

Nice pics zegrated !!!!!! 👍

Damn.. Looks like we all need to go to driving school..... Haha

Competition really ramps from d4 to d3. Have to be more aggressive, but learn when to do it so you dont have to give back position to the guy you just knocked into last place

the2armedmen
Competition really ramps from d4 to d3. Have to be more aggressive, but learn when to do it so you dont have to give back position to the guy you just knocked into last place

Ya I've noticed, that's something I've lost the past couple weeks.... I need to get it back

Race Date - 04 August 2013​

* * * * * * * * * * * * *​

Thanks to all the stewards who stepped up this week. The entire league owes you guys a huge debt of gratitude. Reviewing that many incidents could not have been easy (or fun). So thank you, thank you, THANK YOU! :bowdown:

The results post has been updated with to reflect all of the penalties applied this week. And while the penalties certainly had an effect on the prize winners this week, there was something else that had an even greater effect..

Simply put, there was error in the scorekeeping for D3 on Sunday night. The results for Race 2 or Round 2 were entered into the wrong column so all of the D3 racers only got points for 5 of the 6 races. This explains why all the D3 scores seemed abnormally low! Yes, the racing was close, but we should have known these scores were too low to be correct. I take responsibility for not realizing that earlier. :ouch:

All that being said, the prize winners are now drastically different that the one previously announced. With the scores corrected, the D3 winner (ONESPACE) went from being completely out of contention for a prize to winning Prize A. As far as Prize B is concerned, penalties have resulted have knocked a couple of would-be prize winners out of the mix and now Priest8 is the new Prize B winner!

Congratulations to ONESPACE* and Priest8!! Please announce your selections as soon as possible.

* - I realize that ONESPACE may not be racing in the league again. If he forfeits his selection, Prize A will go to driver who finished directly behind him (Schmiggz).

how do you view replays of theses infamous incidents?

Save replays like you normally would. At the end of each race when you are back in the main lobby there is an icon to the left to display the leaderboard. At the bottom of the leaderboard there is a button to save the replay.

If you meant, how do the stewards view the replays? There are designated individuals in each division that save the replays, copy them to a USB drive and upload them to a cloud drive that is set aside for that purpose. The stewards then download those same replays, copy them to a USB drive and transfer them to their PS3s and import to GT5 for viewing, the same as any locally saved replay.

"Complaints are weak....?"

The OLR isn't 'weak' at all. Check it out. Better yet, read it.

Failing to take reponsibility?

Epic Phail. Total weaksauce, bro, innit?

complaints are weak, unless blatantly intentional.

so can I only view these replays if ived saved it myself?

So the dog must have eaten your league membership information packet?

You were presented with all the information you need to compete before the races began.

I suppose next time you will read the instruction manual before assembling your next nuclear powered time machine?

"Complaints are weak"? Ignoring the information given to you is moronic.

Back