◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,699 comments
It's that time, time to turn off the ignition... It's been a great moment racing with you D1 guys. Owens, you are the cleanest racer I've ever encoutered keep it up. Martin, you gave me a hard time with your sheer speed, a pleasure to race against you.

We have had some great battles. You and the rest of the d1 crew have really pushed me to become a better, faster racer witch led me to GT Academy this year. We will miss you out on the grid. Good luck at school man.

I understand the frustration, Schmiggz, but by waiting out a weekend...the only person you're hurting is yourself please do not do that.

Come back and race with your friends and look forward to better days, that's all we can do when signals get crossed. You know Dragonwhisky would not have done that to you on purpose.

Edit for corrections from Stupid phone...

Schmmigy! Here a Special Group Hug just created for you man! D3 will be waiting for you next Sunday! That is your gold wheel on the left !

Last edited:
It is 10 pm Eastern Time and I have received no incident inquires from anyone in D5. Nice job to everyone in D5 this week.

Schmiggz, if you want to come at someone, send it my way. I'm the director and the one that started the race. I'm also the guy you should have tried to communicate with. I didn't mean to disrespect you, and I'm sorry you fell that you were, however, look at it like this, the only communication I got from you was that you were having connection issues, then you vanish before qualifying, we go over 10 minutes qualifying, and you are not heard from, nor posted on the forum anything. That is quite the wait, I figured you were discoed for the night. I'm not, nor have I been big on waiting, we plan to be done by 12, I do my best to get us in as close to that time as I can. In a sanctioned race, they aren't going to wait for you to get your car started either man. No disrespect intended, if I had word I might have waited. And while I wasnt skimming the board before racing yesterday, I typically do. Next time post it here. I'll be sure to see it.

I spent a long time thinking if I should post this or not. I decided to do it.
Last night I felt tremendously disrespected!!!
On the first qualifying lap at GV with the Lotus Elise i got disconnected. I jumped out my seat and rebooted my router immediately and around a two minutes later I was signing in on my PS3 again so right away, I text DragonWhisky a simple message: "2 MINUTES".
So I start the GT5 game that unfortunately takes a while to be ready to go and jumped back into D3 room.
Astonished, i realized that the race was already going on...just started. They didn`t wait!!!
I felt disrespected... i felt i'm not worth a 2 minute delay.
What bothers me the most is remembering how many times we delayed a race because someone got disconnected and was coming back. I was always the first one saying: "Yes, let's wait a bit 'til he comes back." That happened with Kcheeb, Dragon, Tez, i don't know... several people and the question "shall we wait" always came up. But last night... no! Everyone was in a hurry. **** him! Who cares!
I tried to forget about it... carry on. Two races later i realized.... **** this! I`m off.
Sorry... that`s how I feel. I`m not racing next weekend... in protest.

Anne Em, Anne Em, come back, come back. :( :D, (I'LL get you my pretty).

We have had some great battles. You and the rest of the d1 crew have really pushed me to become a better, faster racer witch led me to GT Academy this year. We will miss you out on the grid. Good luck at school man.

and good luck at GT academy. 👍

A double post is coming. First though.

I am deeply sorry Schmiggz. In an effort to combat lag, I have my PS3 set to turn off all notifications. I was unaware you had PMed me over PSN until well after the night was over and I'd exited GT5.

My apologies for contributing to your efforts to communicate your intent to return being unseen and unheeded. Please reconsider your decision as you will be missed.

Your Monday Night Steward's Update
Race date: 18 August 2013

Prize A and B winners are clear to make their selections.

@ SNAIL Stewards, please make your way to the Steward's Forum at your convenience. We are tracking 6 incidents with 7 drivers. Would like at least 3, (ideally 5) stewards, to include the steward assigned to the specific div, to review each complaint. The Summary will be posted as soon as possible following Steward review and determinations.

The Target Deadline for this week's reviews is Friday by 10PM Eastern and the Summary to follow NLT Saturday at 10PM.

Congratulations are in order for Divisions 3, 4 and 5! Well done!

Your Monday Night Steward's Update
Race date: 18 August 2013

Prize A and B winners are clear to make their selections.

Prize winners, before you make your selections, please note that I am, in the interest of time, making an executive decision to accept Garagefather's vote for Round 3. Normally I don't accept votes once the results have been posted, but he said he posted it on Sunday night and I believe him.

As zegrated pointed out, this results in a tied elimination vote. Therefore, as dictated by the 'Prizes' section of the original post, we give the tie-breaking vote to the Prize C winner.

This week's Prize C winner is jlbowler EAO-HarleyMan and he voted for Round 3. Once we allow his vote to count, the result is this:

The round that received the most elimination votes was:
ROUND 3 - Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR '08 @Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca

Therefore the entire combo has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since GTP_XR_RACER_11 wins Prize A, he gets to choose an entirely new car and track combo to replace it.

The round that received the second most votes was:
ROUND 2 - Ferrari SP1 '08 @Road Course - Indy

This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since GTP_Worst_Driver gets Prize B, he gets to decide which part of the combo is replaced and what replaces it.

Last edited:
zer05ive
Prize winners, before you make your selections, please note that I am, in the interest of time, making an executive decision to accept Garagefather's vote for Round 3. Normally I don't accept votes once the results have been posted, but he said he posted it on Sunday night and I believe him.

As zegrated pointed out, this results in a tied elimination vote. Therefore, as dictated by the 'Prizes' section of the original post, we give the tie-breaking vote to the Prize C winner.

This week's Prize C winner is Bowler and he voted for Round 3. Once we allow his vote to count, the result is this:

Therefore the entire combo has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since GTP_XR_RACER_11 wins Prize A, he gets to choose an entirely new car and track combo to replace it.

This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since GTP_Worst_Driver gets Prize B, he gets to decide which part of the combo is replaced and what replaces it.

Well.... That sucks :/

Zero, he did indeed vote. He was the first one to do so and a few typed after then more voted some pushing his up off the screen. Surely it was just missed.

Please when it comes to voting. Lets hold off until the Score Keeper asks and then do not type until he confirms he has the votes recorded.

Thank you gents
;)

I went out with a bang, what a great night. In 8 months, I never saw that many drivers on sunday. It was awesome.

Thanks for the wishes Owens, but I'm not gone for good my semester ends in mid december and then I'm a month and a half at home. We'll probably race again on GT6. 👍

It's been a pleasure to help such a great league and team who keeps the league running well and constantly improving. I also want to thank you and the organizers (kcheeb, exo and company) for putting work every week to keep the league running. You guys do a stellar job and we don't say it as often as we should. :cheers:
SNAIL gave me lots of great racing so it's just normal that I gave back to SNAIL. 👍 And thank you for the compliment, I wish we had a GT academy up north, I would have atleast tried.

It's that time, time to turn off the ignition... It's been a great moment racing with you D1 guys. Owens, you are the cleanest racer I've ever encoutered keep it up. Martin, you gave me a hard time with your sheer speed, a pleasure to race against you.

I don't want to forget anyone, qwietstorm, dgafaboutany, racefan, hillracing and gumball, had some heated battles with everyone of you and you fought well and clean. Keep it up guys. :cheers:

As for me, I want to thank everyone for the wishes for school. New experiences await me out there and I can't wait to begin. I'll try my best to race again in december that's for sure.

PS: I'll keep an eye on this thread. ;)

Race hard, race clean, race SNAIL. :cheers:

Thank you for kind words. Looking forward to racing errr chasing you around in GT6. ;)

Wish you all the best. You have shown to be a gentleman on and off track.

Wednesday Night Series

S.N.A.I.L: Stamina Series (Endurance Racing)

Last edited:

This week's Prize C winner is Bowler and he voted for Round 3. Once we allow his vote to count, the result is this:

Plot Twist. :D

Whew. I managed to keep the Viper on the track for 5 laps at one point, but it was more Stephen King than Richard (King) Petty thrills for me.

It was not as bad as I feared, I will admit.

Please when it comes to voting. Lets hold off until the Score Keeper asks and then do not type until he confirms he has the votes recorded.

Thank you gents
;)

Sorry about that. I will wait for you to announce voting next time.

EDIT: Sorry to SNAIL for the mix up and late changes for the prize winners. Thanks Zer0 for your consideration.

Last edited:
Handlebar
Whew. I managed to keep the Viper on the track for 5 laps at one point, but it was more Stephen King than Richard (King) Petty thrills for me.

It was not as bad as I feared, I will admit.

All it needed was some TLC, it was sensitive, like a girl on her "time of the month..." I guess you could say. You just needed to treat her right then she'll treat you right...

Due to the fact I won't be racing next week, I'm taking suggestions for prize B from all of D1 who raced last sunday until 6 PM.

Bring 'em in. 👍

EDIT: Consider you lucky that I don't race, because it would have been the Shelby Cobra @ Indy Road.:lol:

Last edited:
Due to the fact I won't be racing next week, I'm taking suggestions for prize B from all of D1 who raced last sunday until 6 PM.

Bring 'em in. 👍

EDIT: Consider you lucky that I don't race, because it would have been the Shelby Cobra @ Indy Road.:lol:

Sounds like a good idea to me ;)

I suggest the Ferrari 430 Scuderia '07. I think it'll provide some good close racing. Handles like a dream in stock form and doesn't have that terrible understeer like the SP1.

Bring 'em in. 👍

Lexus LFA @ Indy road

Bring 'em in. 👍

A little throwback to the reason Indy road was created by going F1 at Indy Road. The F2007 would be more historically accurate but I think it exceeds the price limit so maybe the F10?

Back