◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,846 comments
Oh no not the thread god!! Lol!

Yeah, because holding that button down or moving that scroll wheel on the mouse is just to much work. :sly: :rolleyes:

Going through a quoted post to delete all the picture links? Well now, that is just way to much work.

Road on gentleman.

And every time I check the particular page in question on a computer, phone, iPad etc...I have to scroll through all those photos...again and again and so on.

Everyone has to do this EVERY time....unless one person could have taken simple steps ONE time to cut out some text.

Just sayin. :)

I do agree with joe, a fair number of us do browser on the phone, and android gets kinda janky when a psy contains more then one picture. It gets exponentially worse when there are 10, and that post gets quoted 5 times...

Also, I would like to point out, I didnt call myself a God, I simply said not to test a God.

Last edited:
Quoting a slew of pics is bandwidth that is wasted. VALUABLE BANDWIDTH PEOPLE. . . WASTED!!!! :P

It is common for users on forums to delete multiple pics when quoting. It's become more of a courtesy.

Last edited:
Here's the thing, the more you "bring up" certain trivial issues, the more some people will purposefully do the things that irritate you. While it might be inconvenient at best and inconsiderate at worst, being irritated by people quoting pictures when they comment on those pictures is unlikely to gain anything but more quoted pictures.

What Owens said, "a courtesy". Some folks are sadly lacking in that department.

Again, I must say, Road on gentleman. Road on.

Oh and cheeb, I was fair. There's an "or" in there. :sly: :P ;)

I think it's just ignorance. Most people don't know how or have never thought about editing the quoted part of the post. Making it an issue here will enlighten those that didn't know it could be done.

People don't do it to irritate others...they just don't know how to do it properly.

This part of the thread lets them know that a quoted post can be edited and that it is good etiquette to do so when photos are involved.

No big deal. We are all learning.

I hope your right Joe. Ignorance is usually easily cured. The horse(s) just have to want to drink. ;)

Dunno what trackballs you be using, but every Logitech trackball I've owned and do own had/has a scroll wheel. Had a few trackballs before I discovered Logitech that didn't, but I think that was pre-windows 98SE.

You did qualify with the "at least some" part. So, no penalties for joo. ;)

I hope your right Joe. Ignorance is usually easily cured. The horse(s) just have to want to drink. ;)

and then we'll have to send him to AA

pic-drinking-horse.jpg

Great pictures!
You captured my worst moment in Laguna seca lol

JJ,
I think only 1 pic qualifies as such. For the record I try to capture the spirit of SNAIL racing, I don't necessarily capture mistakes, however they do give plenty of opportunity to caption 'action' and close racing.

Last edited:
Yep, neither does mine, but i have a mac, and if I use two fingers...

BTW, have you guys seen trailers for the movie Epic? Boy are SNAILs popular!

BTW2.0: Did you guys read the updates on the front page? I can't wait to get my hands on that track editor!

BTW2.0: Did you guys read the updates on the front page? I can't wait to get my hands on that track editor!

Don't get too excited. Just read this disappointing quote, "Kazunori wisely tempers expectations, however, noting that he “does not think a full livery editor be available”."

What a surprise. :|

Thats not really anything I'm to worried about, I don't play to make pretty looking cars, however, having full control of a track I'm making, that is a big deal.

Thats not really anything I'm to worried about, I don't play to make pretty looking cars, however, having full control of a track I'm making, that is a big deal.
Imagine making 10-20 rally stages in and around Rhonda:) I can not wait. Also all the talk of being able to control the online aspects of the game I hope will make the life of SNAIL Powers that Be easier:)

A limited livery editor will not be availabe... And if Kaz is hedging on 'limited' part... That is pathetic. Not lame, not disappointing, not any half measure... Polyphony is not following the money, not even a little bit. Not like other games. Have not crushed them on this. And the response is... meh.

Many (potential) dings on GT6 have revolved around creating tracks and visually modifying cars. Repeatedly, it was mentioned in several articles about how popular these features, tracks andcars, are overall in various games. While creating an enormous new feature would have to be cost intensive, surely Polyphony has made enough cash to actually broaden the appeal, and thereby possibly increase sales, of a great game?

Or will we keep getting 57 kinds of Miata with variations of one stripe, with or without a pattern, and limited ability to do much else? BO-ring.

I feel like I am ratcheting my expectations lower and lower. Body roll... Cool. A couple of tracks, nice! Features 'not yet included' are really bugging me.

And on that bombshell...Back to frustrating myself with other computer stuff.

Personally would like a livery editor. However it won't upset if there isn't one.

Even a 16 sponsor pre mapped editor would be nice. ;) doesn't even need to be custom. Let me make my street car a dang sponsored racer.

Heck a number plate would be perfect option for all cars. ;) ok even a masking tape number would be fine at this point. LoL

A limited livery editor will not be availabe... And if Kaz is hedging on 'limited' part... That is pathetic. Not lame, not disappointing, not any half measure... Polyphony is not following the money, not even a little bit. Not like other games. Have not crushed them on this. And the response is... meh.

Many (potential) dings on GT6 have revolved around creating tracks and visually modifying cars. Repeatedly, it was mentioned in several articles about how popular these features, tracks andcars, are overall in various games. While creating an enormous new feature would have to be cost intensive, surely Polyphony has made enough cash to actually broaden the appeal, and thereby possibly increase sales, of a great game?

Or will we keep getting 57 kinds of Miata with variations of one stripe, with or without a pattern, and limited ability to do much else? BO-ring.

a livery editor would be nice but would not improve my enjoyment of the game.

This on the other hand will...

"Users will be able to “lay out their [custom] tracks freely” in an area of over 100 square kilometers."

I also feel that the cars we have seen so far are much less the standard miata, skyline, Silvia variations and are instead a group of cars I look forward to driving. I am reframing from expecting Porsche to show up but please give me an E30 M3, a Sierra Cosworth and some good old Renault/Peugeot hatchbacks and I will be very happy indeed:)

personally would like a livery editor. However it won't upset if there isn't one.

Even a 16 sponsor pre mapped editor would be nice. ;) doesn't even need to be custom. Let me make my street car a dang sponsored racer.

Heck a number plate would be perfect option for all cars. ;) ok even a masking tape number would be fine at this point. Lol

+1

nothing like a mean street racer in the snow.

One thing that kinda bums me out is the a-spec aspect of GT. I would probably be hard to implement, but it would be nice if it worked more like a career mode, and to move up your license you need to receive points for completing races, much like in real life, make it so that you need to earn money by winning races, but also sponsorship, make special race cars only available this way. The better you race and place, and the cleaner you drive, the better the sponsorship will be.
Maybe even have separate garages for online, aspec and bspec. But, that I think is kinda shooting for the moon.
Too add to that, make it so you kinda go in one direction or another, have autocross as an option to start working up to touring car racing, rallycross and rally, gymkhana and drifting, sprint karts up to NASCAR, go karts to become an indy or F1 racer.

Last edited:
Back