◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,827 comments
I like this idea too as long as it's relatively easy for a new recruit to get someone to observe his qualifying session. The only problem I see with starting this now, as opposed to waiting for time trial we choose for GT6, is this..

Since you can only observe someone by being online with him, the physics will be different than the hundreds of time trial times that we already have data for. Therefore, it might not be worth implementing this until GT6 comes out.

To add a bit to this....I like this idea. Since there are only 1 to 3 people joining per week. Why don't we create the Qualifying Division room (QD) and open it twice per week (e.g., Wednesday Night and Sunday Morning) for it to be managed by a steward and allow any other snails that would like to partake and run some laps with the new people. Put them through a few rounds...hot lap, traffic, etc. and then use this to determine placement. If someone is serious about joining the would find a way to jump in the room one of those nights and it helps manage the front end work of chasing people. If you put someone faster ahead of a racer...they will default to win...and remove some of the possibilities of sandbagging.

Thoughts?

We could select 2 or 3 drivers from each division to practice and run a new online TT to establish new Division placement times. Work out a new system now to see how it works and get the bugs out. Simply have our "test pilots" run new TTs on GT6 for the transition.

To make things easy on new drivers with limited time, the Q runs really do need to be done on demand. The new driver would post in the thread asking for TEAM SNAIL to observe his laps.

I set the time trial as per time trial instructions. I only ran ABS. Wheel settings are on simulation with Power steering assist off with force fb @ 10. I am now practicing with now ABS due to having load cell brakes.

If I'm thinking correctly you are on a T500. I'd suggest trying 4-5 FFB. This will give you more car control and smooth exits. All the fast guys run lower FFB numbers. ;)

Does anyone have a purple racing suit and/or helmet that you can give me? I seem to have every color except purple. If you want something in return (suits; cars; paint) I'd be more than happy to trade. :)

Sent you a friend request pdtx. I have a couple of purple suits for you.

I just had a great idea:idea: We should stream our sunday night races on Twitch tv. I have no idea how to do it but that would be really cool.:dopey:

I just had a great idea:idea: We should stream our sunday night races on Twitch tv. I have no idea how to do it but that would be really cool.:dopey:

Someone needs a recording device, for example an Hauppauge HD PVR 2, then said person would have to spectate instead of racing, otherwise the people watching would just view one cockpit camera haha.

My Elgato can stream straight to Twitch if I wanted to. Too bad it'd be a stream from a slow me in last place in D5. :lol:

We could select 2 or 3 drivers from each division to practice and run a new online TT to establish new Division placement times. Work out a new system now to see how it works and get the bugs out. Simply have our "test pilots" run new TTs on GT6 for the transition.

I was actually thinking that we should ask every SNAIL to run the newly determined GT6 time trial, whatever it may be. You'd be surprised by the variance and overlap in the TT times that we currently have in each division, so having the largest sample possible would be helpful.

To make things easy on new drivers with limited time, the Q runs really do need to be done on demand. The new driver would post in the thread asking for TEAM SNAIL to observe his laps.

I prefer this idea more than only having set times for new members to qualify. Of course the obvious drawback is if someone asks to do their qualifying, but nobody is available to observe them.

NEWS FROM THE WORLD OF DRIFTIN!!!

In theory, I should be able to livestream on Twitch now. I will probably test it tomorrow unless some guys want to do some shuffle racing tonight. If thats the case, I will post when the stream starts and where to find it.

NEWS FROM THE WORLD OF DRIFTIN!!!

In theory, I should be able to livestream on Twitch now. I will probably test it tomorrow unless some guys want to do some shuffle racing tonight. If thats the case, I will post when the stream starts and where to find it.

That is so cool. I will watch if I can but I am doing the enduro race at 10.

Your Steward Report for the Week

Race Date - 25 August 2013
Penalty Rate 90%​

A note to all Division 3 drivers. Please check your PMs for a letter from the stewards. If it's not there already, it will be shortly.

Stewards have the ability to assess penalties that are found during race reviewing, but we will not actively look for things to penalize.
Penalties for ghosting violations, or for cutting corner or going four wheels off track to gain an advantage can be reported directly to the Steward by any driver witnessing the problem without talking to the other driver first.

Division 3 40 incidents on file

Schmiggz / Schmiggz
  • Race 3 incident Level 2 - 6 points doubled to 12 for probation violation
  • Race 3 incident Level 2 - 6 points doubled to 12 for probation violation
  • Race 3 3 shortcut infractions Level 1 - 3 points doubled to 6 for probation violation
  • Race 4 7 shortcut infractions Level 2 - 7 points doubled to 14 for probation violation
  • 44 points total and 6 weeks probation

fastfox400 / Fastfox400
  • Race 3 5 shortcut infractions Level 2 - 5 points
  • Race 3 incident level 2 - 6 points
  • Race 4 7 shortcut infractions Level 2 - 7 points
  • 18 points total and 6 weeks probation

chatva / chatva
  • Race 4 incident Level 1 - 3 points 1 week probation

Xradkins / Xrad-11
  • Race 4 1 shortcut infraction Level 1 - 1 point 1 week probation

JJLopez427 / JJLopez427
  • Race 4 incident Level 2 - 6 points doubled to 12 for probation violation
  • Race 4 1 shortcut infraction Level 1 - 1 point doubled to 2 for probation violation
  • Race 6 incident level 5 - DQ all points for night
  • Your Division Steward will be notifying you for further action.

HusamOne / HusamOne
  • Race 3 1 shortcut infraction Level 1 - 1 point
  • Race 4 3 shortcut infractions Level 1 - 3 points
  • Total 4 points and 2 weeks probation

Wolfsatz / Wolfsatz
  • Race 3 1 shortcut infraction Level 1 - 1 point doubled to 2 for probation violation
  • Race 4 1 shortcut infraction Level 1 - 1 point doubled to 2 for probation violation
  • Race 6 incident level 2 - 8 points doubled to 16 for probation violation
  • Total 20 points and 6 weeks probation

Thanks to DrKronin, Chiochan, JLBowler, DabneyD and Oshawa Joe for their reviews this week. This was a tough batch of incidents and we're likely not done dealing with them.

:cheers:
Don't forget to put in your points for the TEAM SNAIL Contest.
If you don't recall this going on, send a PM to kcheeb and he should be able to fill you in on the details.

* * * * * * * * * * * * *​

These changes affect the final standings.
Full final results can be found here.
***If you were penalized and would like further explanation regarding the incident, just PM your Division Steward and they will let you know what the stewards saw and our opinions on it.***

Shamelessly plagiaristic Steward Recruitment plug follows.

If there's anyone else out there who would like to help enforce the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and promote good racecraft, I have three

words for you..

needyou1.jpg

• Do you value clean racing so much that you're willing to help protect and promote it?
  • Are you looking for a way to give back to the league and join TEAM S.N.A.I.L.?
  • Do you think you might have what it takes to be a S.N.A.I.L. steward?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, please PM me! :)

The Pit Board

9638533029_0c75988ba0_z.jpg

I just love the American spirit of racing. It feels just great to get involved with that.

Kimi Raikkonen

I think you're certainly going to see much closer racing. But, no, these are very good teams in the IRL. I just can't stress how competitive they all are and how close it's going to be.

Dan Wheldon

Awe man... I am late again. Sorry... I started in on this last night and just got a little distracted. I just wanted to drive. I set this aside and climbed behind the wheel. I just drove for the sake of driving. I ran several seasonals to generate a little more cash and ran another handful A-SPec races. I am finding it to be a great deal of fun entering a race in a grossly underpowered car. I still manage to win against the AI but it is a whole lot more fun when you have to work that hard for it. The SNAIL effect.

Once the beer started to impair my judgement, I wanted to drive a little with real people. It was so late that all of our lounges were empty and the thread deserted. In a momentary lapse of reason, I stumbled into a public shuffle lobby. For a moment it felt like a scene from The Road Warrior. It has been a very long time since I have ventured into the public lobby scene and now I remember why. I expected the deplorable driving but the absolute filth that spews from the other microphones was what really made me sick. One tends to forget how bad the public lobby's are when 100% of your GT5 time is within our League.

I have been here a while now and have seen a lot of changes. The core values of clean and close racing have never changed but almost everything else has. It is still changing and growing. There never seems to be an end to all of the ideas and discussion. The League stands well on its own but to also have a huge SNAIL presence within the GTA finalists is a pretty nice feather as well. I am really looking forward to the few months. SNAIL still has a huge amount of momentum and once we have made the shift to GT6 I can only see us getting even better. I just noticed that GT6 drops 6 days before the 2nd anniversary of Post #1.

That is about all I have for this week. Everyone enjoy the off weekend and look forward to seeing you all on the grid next week!

Race Clean, Race Hard, Race S.N.A.I.L.

Im still kinda dizzy after reading the stewards report and my penalty sheet.WTF??? I did all of that? I definitely want to know exactly what the heck i did wrong to be able to re think a couple of issues.

Your Steward Report for the Week

***If you were penalized and would like further explanation regarding the incident, just PM your Division Steward and they will let you know what the stewards saw and our opinions on it.***

For D3, that is DrKronin.

I found a great video and added it to my "12 things to make you faster" thread. So much great information packed into 1 video.

I would love to have something new to add from this year's S.N.A.I.L. GT Academy finalists. Post in my thread or send me a PM if you have an interesting practice tip to help us average drivers get to the next level.

Last edited:
Back