â—† SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,416 comments
yep. I hear it also. They modeled the sound from a car with a bad tire..

Attention! I propose that Tire wear be set to fast for sunday nights.. It will allow the tires to reach operating temp sooner than lap 5 or lap 6. It will yield better racing.

Last edited:
yep. I hear it also. They modeled the sound from a car with a bad tire..

Attention! I propose that Tire wear be set to fast for sunday nights.. It will allow the tires to reach operating temp sooner than lap 5 or lap 6. It will yield better racing.

That should have been considered when choosing the combo. It's the same for everyone so just deal with it.

That's an interesting proposal. I see your point and it is a good one. These are sprint races with what seems like endurance tire wear.

My choice for prize A is: 1965 Alpha Romeo Giulia tz2 at Nuburgring GP/F

Hooker,

Nice choice!

I will put my broken in version on HandlebarMustash's global share in a few minutes (after 5:00pm EST or so) for any who want to avoid the 10,000,000 bills or breaking it in.

That should have been considered when choosing the combo. It's the same for everyone so just deal with it.

Bowler I am not complaining about any combination. I have been saying this since my very first race in SNAIL. I don't understand the point of running endurance style fuel and tire wear in Sprint races. That's the reason I picked another race car to get racing tires.

That's an interesting proposal. I see your point and it is a good one. These are sprint races with what seems like endurance tire wear.

Exactly even on sport tires they really don't seem to become any better until the last 2 laps and at that point it seems that someone has runaway with the race or you so far back due to incidents you cant come back.

I think it would get interesting on any car that has pretty bad tire wear. It would also add another dimension to the races. You wouldn't be able to just punish the tires and run hard from the start. It would create a certain level of strategy.

Ok, need some help. I practiced with the alfa before making my choice. I used the same regulations we use for racing including "tuning prohibited" now when I go into my lobby to practice. It tells me that I have tuned the car. ???? I havent touched it! What happened? ??

Ok, need some help. I practiced with the alfa before making my choice. I used the same regulations we use for racing including "tuning prohibited" now when I go into my lobby to practice. It tells me that I have tuned the car. ???? I havent touched it! What happened? ??

If you've had the car since before the 2.0 update, you may need to go reset your transmission and LSD, if the car has one.

I think it would get interesting on any car that has pretty bad tire wear. It would also add another dimension to the races. You wouldn't be able to just punish the tires and run hard from the start. It would create a certain level of strategy.

I mean I'm Testing laps at indy right now. Even on very fast the GTR is horrible on tire yet I can still push the car to 1:31's easily @ 15 laps.

Currently making a image with specs and number of laps.

Here is a image that can be used for combo #2

9721156406_a41c9affd3_c.jpg

After a little testing, the tires don't come up to temp. any faster with tire wear on fast as opposed to normal. I tested SS and RH which is what we run the majority of our races on and I tried a couple of different tracks. There was virtually no difference in how long it took for the tires to come up to a nice pale blue/almost white color. The wear is faster but the temp cycle doesn't seem to be changed.

Remember, it's a sprint race. Tire wear and fuel should not be a consideration in a sprint race. That was a driving force in the change to the current tire regulations when that change was made way back in the day.

Division 3 data is finally complete, as in done done!

On a unrelated note:
As I was looking at the races a bit and watching what I did to lose a couple spots and such I came across one of our very one giving me a place! Video is a bit cr@p but best I could do!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdFDuMRhVAI

I think HusamOne needs a round of applause! I have never seen anyone just give up a position like that!

That was messed up. Did someone pay him to do that?

After a little testing, the tires don't come up to temp. any faster with tire wear on fast as opposed to normal. I tested SS and RH which is what we run the majority of our races on and I tried a couple of different tracks. There was virtually no difference in how long it took for the tires to come up to a nice pale blue/almost white color. The wear is faster but the temp cycle doesn't seem to be changed.

Remember, it's a sprint race. Tire wear and fuel should not be a consideration in a sprint race. That was a driving force in the change to the current tire regulations when that change was made way back in the day.

Once again, thanks bowler.

The suggestion is appreciated. However, Sunday nights are sprint races and really shouldn't involve tire wear above the norm. Some cars will be harder on tires than others, but in a 10 minute race, how much wear do you experience in real life?

If you hunger for tire and fuel strategy in your racing, S.N.A.I.L. runs two endurance series.

S.N.A.I.L. Stamina Series on Wednesdays

and

S.P.E.C Endurance Club on Saturdays

Either of those should sate that appetite ;)

JLBowler:
I wanted to ask you this for the longest time... How come you are one of Snail's nicest guy to talk with over the mic and at the same time, in this thread, you can be so harsh and cynical in the way you answer back some people? No comprendo!

I can't wait for next sunday as this last one was to erase from my mind. Bad connection, extreme lag and poor inspiration, i had a bit of everything. I don't know if this happens to anyone else but for some reason, when my connection is poor my cars run slower and have less traction and on the Elise combo that problem smacks me straight in the mouth on every straight of the track. I can't get any draft from the car ahead and behind me everybody approaches and passes me as if I was in some sunday drive by sea!
Oshawa told me about connecting the router straight to the PS and I'm doing it.

JLBowler:
I wanted to ask you this for the longest time... How come you are one of Snail's nicest guy to talk with over the mic and at the same time, in this thread, you can be so harsh and cynical in the way you answer back some people? No comprendo!

I can't wait for next sunday as this last one was to erase from my mind. Bad connection, extreme lag and poor inspiration, i had a bit of everything. I don't know if this happens to anyone else but for some reason, when my connection is poor my cars run slower and have less traction and on the Elise combo that problem smacks me straight in the mouth on every straight of the track. I can't get any draft from the car ahead and behind me everybody approaches and passes me as if I was in some sunday drive by sea!
Oshawa told me about connecting the router straight to the PS and I'm doing it.

Sometimes in the thread a short question deserves a short answer and it's hard to convey tone when typing. Don't you know, I can also be harsh and cynical over the mic as well.:sly:

I can't wait for next sunday as this last one was to erase from my mind. Bad connection, extreme lag and poor inspiration, i had a bit of everything. I don't know if this happens to anyone else but for some reason, when my connection is poor my cars run slower and have less traction ...

It happens sometimes but thankfully not often. I know I was hit in the first and last combos hard, the mid was off a bit. For example, in 2 practice sessions of the last combo I could do easy mid 44.4 on full fuel no draft, with a best of 44.0. Sunday night I could only do 46s and 45s with draft. :grumpy: Felt like tires were down one grade.

It will help the stability of the room if we get everyone up and running on wired connections. We also need to identify the two best connections/hosts and ask them to be in the room 15-30 minutes early.

Back