◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,416 comments
Yes, I liked the elise a lot too. would have been really good at Tsukuba, I think. Had to go eventually though. And look at what we got in its wake!!!! I think the Ginetta and Mustang are both going to be good fun. Better get a start on getting that one broke in now. Don't want to run into the same issue I did this past Sunday.

Wolf, that going to be offered in the market?

Everyone knows how I feel about PD tracks, but of anything that could have been replaced, the Lotus should have been the last thing to go. Every single race was close with it. I don't get it.

Everyone knows how I feel about PD tracks, but of anything that could have been replaced, the Lotus should have been the last thing to go. Every single race was close with it. I don't get it.

My reasoning, I had a blast with the other two combos and have raced the Lotus for what seems forever. I was hoping the other two would stay in one form or another.

My reasoning, I had a blast with the other two combos and have raced the Lotus for what seems forever. I was hoping the other two would stay in one form or another.

Double Ditto!

I wish the $hells open up for our very own window stickers; one is missing on my A6.

41gkgjoTyWL._SL500_SS500_.jpg

Last edited:
Zer0, we are still waiting...!*Commence old man glare!* :irked:

Edit. I agree with dabs, it would have been nice to keep it around.
Just and idea, but maybe we can let the winner picking a car, also pick the tires to go along with it?

I get it dabney. Most folks just got tired of driving it and want something different. In this particular case however, I'm not one of them. After some coaching by Vail Sunday afternoon I was cooking my best times in that combo, ever, and was really looking forward to testing out the magic Sunday night. My son's son decided that wasn't going to happen, so now we've traded a not so ugly Lotus for an ugly one. We still have some high hp to play with but if I recall that Trans Cammer, it's kind of a pig. Nice in a straight line, but not very inspiring around the bends. It's been awhile since I drove it so we'll see if I remember correctly.

Zer0, we are still waiting...!*Commence old man glare!* :irked:
Whachoo glarin' at zer0 for?

Just and idea, but maybe we can let the winner picking a car, also pick the tires to go along with it?

No. No and more no. Some drivers are way to much in love with slickery rubber. While I may not agree completely with the tire rules currently in use, I like them way better than some suggestions I've read for tires from some drivers.

I get it dabney. Most folks just got tired of driving it and want something different. In this particular case however, I'm not one of them. After some coaching by Vail Sunday afternoon I was cooking my best times in that combo, ever, and was really looking forward to testing out the magic Sunday night. My son's son decided that wasn't going to happen, so now we've traded a not so ugly Lotus for an ugly one. We still have some high hp to play with but if I recall that Trans Cammer, it's kind of a pig. Nice in a straight line, but not very inspiring around the bends. It's been awhile since I drove it so we'll see if I remember correctly.

No. No and more no. Some drivers are way to much in love with slickery rubber. While I may not agree completely with the tire rules currently in use, I like them way better than some suggestions I've read for tires from some drivers.

I'll say it now, the Trans-Cammer will not be a close race. Wrong car, wrong track.

When it comes to tires, allowing the winner to pick what tires is a non-starter. Every choice would be either comfort hards or race softs.

Double Ditto!

I wish the $hells open up for our very own window stickers; one is missing on my A6.

I have a 24 inch vinyl sign cutter and lots of extra vinyl/transfer paper. If someone designed a sticker/logo I could make stickers. It would either be free or (if demand was really high) only shipping and materials because the good vinyl can get a little pricy and the bad stuff just isn't worth working with.

Official Technical Director Ruling

The G4 is a limited production car and therefore will run on sports tires as per the current tire regulations.

On a separate note, I have reviewed all incidents that are not from D1. If an extra steward opinion is needed for incidents in D1, let me know and I will weigh in on those as well.

I kinda wish there was a place the good combos could go to live another day. What if Friday was a chance to rerun the longest running combos:idea:

Also the G4 is a Ginetta not a Lotus.

Same thing happened with the Renault at GVE. Awesome close racing but people just get bored with it.

Let it go...embrace your new challenges...go forth into the deep, dark unknown...boldly go where no man has gone before....

JLBowler
Official Technical Director Ruling

The G4 is a limited production car and therefore will run on sports tires as per the current tire regulations.

On a separate note, I have reviewed all incidents that are not from D1. If an extra steward opinion is needed for incidents in D1, let me know and I will weigh in on those as well.

Really? I hope the stewards dont have much going on next week. They will be very busy next week going over all the incidents! Since we have not one,but two cars that are like driving on hot marshmallows. No offense to the prize winners, I like both cars just not the tires that are allowed to be used. The trans cammer should at least be allowed racing hards. Do fancy stickers make a car a race car? Or does 600+ horsepower, roll cage?

Trans is on race tires. G4 on sports.

The G4 is a nice car on the SH tires.

My post earlier about race tires was compete sarcasm. I was joking that the 94hp beast had a cage.

Last edited:
I stand corrected and now feel like an a#@. Forget I posted this. I will go crawl back in my snail shell.

No need to feel that way. You made a statement/asked a question. The answer/clarification was provided and a link was given to help others that may have the same question. Stay out of the shell and enjoy the day. It's 77 and breezy where I'm at.

No need to feel that way. You made a statement/asked a question. The answer/clarification was provided and a link was given to help others that may have the same question. Stay out of the shell and enjoy the day. It's 77 and breezy where I'm at.

A nice day up north. I'm in Fontana and its 90 with a very hot breeze. Had to remove my shell. I'm a naked Snail!

A nice day up north. I'm in Fontana and its 90 with a very hot breeze. Had to remove my shell. I'm a naked Snail!

A bit further (~500 miles) up north, and it's raining -- like it does 9 months a year. No self-respecting Oregon Snail would hide from the rain though :)

Just to collaborate with the definition of laps for Sunday races ... I did a race with 5 laps the Mustang and is spinning around 10 minutes! With the G4 seems to have 9 laps around 9:40.

Last edited:
Here are a few Alfa update pics

9765356122_f309c56f29_c.jpg

9765356332_7722e83fa7_c.jpg

9765356812_e56afd30ee_c.jpg

9765356642_d97bc2a537_c.jpg

9792704795_aece097760_b.jpg

9792704815_8f69eea8ba_b.jpg

9792705155_548d8e066b_b.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------

The PDTX posted some G4 pics a couple pages back too.

Last edited:
Get yer 100 Karts out for some wild and wholly action in D2.

9:00 pm Eastern

And we're going to try a little experiment, transmission tuning! Should be a fun time, hope you can make it!

Two tracks decided on:

Motegi West - laps tbd
Madrid Mini Reverse - laps tbd
Undecided - laps tbd

15 minute races, so enough time to settle in and git yer race on ;)

Well then.. Vroom, vroo..... Erm.... PUT....PUT..PUTPUT...putputputputput!

Correction.... I do not have D2.... Wait... Yes, I do... Putputputputput...

Back