◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,746 comments
Dragonwhisky
That was fairly disappointing. Not only am I more tired than usual, my Scud glitched out on the break in and only had 52 miles on it, which I passed on to Phish, then when I was practicing and switched from my break in tune sheet to the race spec sheet it had Sports Hard tires on it. Didn't notice any of this until after I bailed and went to go look why I was over 4 seconds off the pace. Another break in run under way, just in case that car survives for next week.

Sorry Phish. I swear I sent the Bobs out to Laguna with that car Friday night.

No problem. Not a issue. I should've broke it in earlier anyways. But hey I got 2nd place there in my first race. I'm happy with that! 👍

Handlebar
Nice racing, D5.

I pIcked up another pair of first place finishes and a second place, but cmbeal ran away with the win again, second week in a row!

Great racing and some terrific finishes, whether it was for first or for fourth, quite a nice run.

I had a great time as usual! Except for my disappointing connection issues.

Looks like we'll have to consider retracting down to four divisions. Thankfully, this is the last week of the current season, so we're due for promotions and relegations anyway. GT6 can't get here soon enough!

Gt5 is on its last legs:( add to that GTA 5 and I think it would be a good idea to shrink down to 3-4 divisions.

Gt5 is on its last legs:( add to that GTA 5 and I think it would be a good idea to shrink down to 3-4 divisions.

Yep, GTA V and GT5 at the end of its life. As well another key item pushing folks away.

Sadly some combos are killing it for people too.

We may need to look at revisiting some cars that were embraced and avoid these frustrating ones.

Most are here to enjoy. When a car drives bad or is to hard for many to drive it ruins their fun. In turn puts them off.

If I had drove the BMW before the race. I'd skipped the night and played GTA V honestly. Just being real.

If I had drove the BMW before the race. I'd skipped the night and played GTA V honestly. Just being real.

I did 15-20 laps in it in the D1 lounge yesterday or today... Tonight it decided it wanted to kill me. I was surprised at how differently it handled.

Nothing was wonky condition wise, just a very disappointing finish.

Waitin' until next week...

D1 replays are up. Blah of a night all around. Connection issues, low turn-out and finally a dead mic. Let's hope next weekend is better...

I hope that I'm not the only person that had a good night. Three poles and two wins, a very fun night in my opinion, the Ferrari was a blast to drive, almost had a good setup but messed up :/, the BMW was a blast as well and I felt like it was made for the track. Looking forward to racing next week as usual

Last edited:
Sorry I'm on a 2-3 week hiatus dealing with issues involved with my divorce or the lack of a divorce. So with that being said I do have to thank those who sent me some encouraging words over the past few days that had brightened my entire out look on SNAIL.

I agree with owens that should be looking to combo's that not just please those who choose them, but those that appeal to the whole league as a unit. I know for a fact that some have had me wanting to just not race at all.

Division 3
Directors Report

Well, another long disappointing night in D3.... NOPE! Just kidding! What a great night for division 3! I think tonight might have been one of the best since I have gotten promoted to D3. We ended the night having 1st and 2nd one point apart! We had some of the closest racing for this month that I have seen in a while. I do enjoy being a part of S.N.A.I.L. and can never wait for the next sunday to come! would just like to end this on a congratulations to everyone tonight!:cheers:

D4 Data recorded

The first couple laps I did in the BMW were horrific. Did about 10 laps on Sports Medium tires before switching back to RHs and that made a huge difference for me. My favorite combo this week.

Division 4 Race Report

Tonight was a little on the mellow side. That said, that doesn't mean there wasn't any sweating going on. What we lacked in numbers we made up for it with excitement. There was still quite a bit of action. A tie for 2nd and those guys were only 3 points off the winner! Thanks again to the D4 gang for getting it all done!!

D4 replays are up

I'm thinking four divisions sounds about right for the October season. If things really fall off the wagon, then we could go to three divisions for November. December will be interesting since GT6 will be out and we'll be using that month as our final month on GT5. However, I hope there will be new excitement when we officially transition to GT6 for the January 2014 season. 👍

Yep, GTA V and GT5 at the end of its life. As well another key item pushing folks away.

Sadly some combos are killing it for people too.

We may need to look at revisiting some cars that were embraced and avoid these frustrating ones.

Most are here to enjoy. When a car drives bad or is to hard for many to drive it ruins their fun. In turn puts them off.

We might as well try to turn GTA V into a positive for us, since so many of us are playing it anyways. I even picked up a copy last night to see what all the fuss was about. Who wants to start a S.N.A.I.L. Crew for GTA Online? It launches in a few days, right?

The first couple laps I did in the BMW were horrific. Did about 10 laps on Sports Medium tires before switching back to RHs and that made a huge difference for me. My favorite combo this week.

Something about this combo just clicked for me,
By far my favorite combo

Nice racing, D5.

I pIcked up another pair of first place finishes and a second place, but cmbeal ran away with the win again, second week in a row!

Great racing and some terrific finishes, whether it was for first or for fourth, quite a nice run.

I won a race YAYY!!! 2nd ever win for S.N.A.I.L..

I hope that I'm not the only person that had a good night. Three poles and two wins, a very fun night in my opinion, the Ferrari was a blast to drive, almost had a good setup but messed up :/, the BMW was a blast as well and I felt like it was made for the track. Looking forward to racing next week as usual

As Exo said, D4 was amazing again tonight! I pulled my first ever win for a night, though, I think I will be the lowest man on the totem pole for prizes. I think skills just squeaked in and may have got the win for the season. D4, thanks for the amazing racing!

Hey guys sorry I've been missing so many races, I'm on deployment overseas right now and my rig didn't fit in my suitcase lol. Don't worry I'll be back soon I miss racing with you guys!

Division 2 Race Report
Well, it looks like since the implementation, last week, on how everyone enters the D2 lounge for Sunday night, I am happy to say that we had two weeks of no connection issues:tup:. Even though GTP_Rberinghs had an issue, on his end, at the start of qualifying for Round 3 and got dropped, we all voted to wait for him to reconnect before the first race started:), it was a connection-issue free night.

It looks like the D2 director had a brain-fart:yuck: and didn't set the room up properly for the first round. All the aids were left on and tires were left unrestricted. I have to say that I'm proud of my fellow D2 racers for not taking advantage of that and everyone raced honestly. Thanks!

There was a lot of close racing and back and forth. We ended the night with 2 points separating first and second. There was a tie for second and a tie for fifth. Now that's how you end the season:tup: Great racin' all!

Man, looks like I missed some fun last night, that should teach me not to skip a Sunday just because "i'm not feeling it". Glad you had fun. :) About the hole division subject, would we change it to 4 divisions until GT6 comes out and then go back to 5 divisions, or would it cross over?

Man, looks like I missed some fun last night, that should teach me not to skip a Sunday just because "i'm not feeling it". Glad you had fun. :) About the hole division subject, would we change it to 4 divisions until GT6 comes out and then go back to 5 divisions, or would it cross over?

I think when gt6 comes out we will have to requalify to see how many divisions we will actually need... or if we don't do that there will be A LOT of promotion and relegation in the after January!

Hey guys sorry I've been missing so many races, I'm on deployment overseas right now and my rig didn't fit in my suitcase lol. Don't worry I'll be back soon I miss racing with you guys!

Don't they give you a big 4'x1.5'x1.5' box to put stuff in! Unless they don't give those out and have to buy one...

That would depend on participation. I'm sure 5 divisions would be created, but if there aren't enough people to fill all of the divisions, then we would probably stick with 4.

Apologies now for the double post

SNAIL video channel update!
To begin with, the SNAIL Youtube channel has a few new videos up since my last post. And either DZ or DA has stepped up and beautified the site a bite as well. To which it was, please step up and be sure to get you $hells.
Another update to add, a new thread in the GT5 Videos feed has been created. S.N.A.I.L. Channel and Live Feed
Be sure to step in and check it out. Not much going just yet, but expect it to grow swiftly.
Again, I would like to give props to the SNAIL Video Crew, DA and DZ. Hope your ready to get busy fellas.
BTW: Do we still have some banner makers photoshoppers around?

That would depend on participation. I'm sure 5 divisions would be created, but if there aren't enough people to fill all of the divisions, then we would probably stick with 4.

I agree with Rally. While we expect and hope for increased participation when GT6 comes out, we won't know for sure until it happens. Therefore, I think we should just split into as many divisions as makes sense based on the number of drivers we have, and not try to have a predetermined goal. 👍

I think when gt6 comes out we will have to requalify to see how many divisions we will actually need... or if we don't do that there will be A LOT of promotion and relegation in the after January!

Hmm.. are you basing this on the different physics in GT6? Although the physics will indeed be different, I'm not so sure we should promote and relegate based on new qualifying times. The only reason we'll want new qualifying times from everyone when GT6 comes out will be so that we have a good sense of which division new members should be assigned to. However, the best way to promote and relegate current members, is to let them battle it out against each other on the track IMO. :sly:

Hmm.. are you basing this on the different physics in GT6? Although the physics will indeed be different, I'm not so sure we should promote and relegate based on new qualifying times. The only reason we'll want new qualifying times from everyone when GT6 comes out will be so that we have a good sense of which division new members should be assigned to. However, the best way to promote and relegate current members, is to let them battle it out against each other on the track IMO. :sly:

Agreed. We should get as many drivers as possible to run the time trial to have a benchmark, but not rearrange the divisions based on that. We should be able to keep the same car and track for the time trial and I can't imagine that the times would be drastically different.

Any thoughts on maybe a snail facebook page? Might be another way of getting new members. I wouldnt mind making one. Im just not very computer savvy.

I concur with both youz two. Set precedence, but don't rearrange. As zer0 hints at, division promotion and relegation is about more then lap times. It works for placing new racers, but probably not so much to redo the whole of the league.

Hooker, I think it hasnt taken off (has been suggested before) as many members wish to stay anonymous.

Here are the official results from our league night on September 29, 2013

Click here for detailed results and statistics

Division 1
  1. dangerzone641 ----- voted to eliminate Round 2 90 points (74.06 for prize purposes only)
  2. QwietStorm03 ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. Nic-KL ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. dgafaboutany1420 -- voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. OwensRacing ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. nmcp1 ------------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. Garage-father ----- did not submit a vote
Division 2
  1. GTP_RBERINGHS ----- voted to eliminate Round 2 82 points (68.61 for prize purposes only)
  2. AJK-VAIL ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. GTP_XR_RACER_11 --- voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. Xrad-11 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. GTP_Jared93 ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. AG07WRXTR --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. tcrash15 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. Drrgreenthumb67 --- voted to eliminate Round 1
  9. GCarneiroBR ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  • kcheeb ------------ DNR
  • DrKronin ---------- DNR
  • SoCalRacer310 ----- DNR
  • albtifosi --------- DNR
  • jmoneykillaz09 ---- DNR
  • VAG_star ---------- DNR
  • ND_4_SPD_Naruto --- DNR
  • FaelForna --------- DNR
Division 3
  1. Bandit0627 -------- voted to eliminate Round 3 87 points (75.42 for Prize A)
  2. Oshawa-Joe -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. GTP_Ph7shr -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. Sandblazter ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. chatva ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. JJLopez_427 ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. Wolfsatz ---------- did not submit a vote
  8. dragonwhisky ------ did not submit a vote
  • Fastfox400 -------- DNR
  • HusamOne ---------- DNR
  • schmiggz ---------- DNR
  • o10231994 --------- DNR
  • tezgm99 ----------- DNR
  • The2ArmedMen ------ DNR
  • moperlover -------- DNR
  • zer05ive ---------- DNR
Division 4
  1. rallywgn81 -------- voted to eliminate Round 3 91 points (74.80 for Prize C)
  2. TEX-36 ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. RacingChamp30 ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. ExoSphere64 ------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. Skills_19657 ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. ChuthuluGoat ------ did not submit a vote
  • canuckleheadII ---- DNR
  • GTP_pyxen --------- DNR
  • EAO-HarleyMan ----- DNR
  • GranStand_Bill ---- DNR
  • SoundTiger95 ------ DNR
  • whatbadgerseat ---- DNR
  • Vol_Jbolaz -------- DNR
  • VrapPlus ---------- DNR
  • floor_tom --------- DNR
  • Deadbrah ---------- DNR
  • kkoe -------------- DNR
  • fereck ------------ DNR
  • JESter82178 ------- DNR
  • steppenwolf111 ---- DNR
  • AJHG1000 ---------- DNR
Division 5
  1. cmbeal317 --------- voted to eliminate Round 2 91 points (75.03 for Prize B)
  2. Handlebar-Man ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. Driftin_Assassin -- voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. raymann500 -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. flesxruoyxllik ---- voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. hooker4 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  • RafaelR_13 -------- DNR
  • tevesh2 ----------- DNR
  • JRumley ----------- DNR
  • Fabricio98 -------- DNR
  • SCREAMING_CHIEF --- DNR
  • Priest8 ----------- DNR
  • Obi-Tonobi -------- DNR
  • myato1 ------------ DNR
  • THRASH_46 --------- DNR
  • georgeleo99 ------- DNR
The round that received the most elimination votes was:
ROUND 3 - BMW M3 GTR Race Car '01 @Grand Valley Speedway / Reverse

Therefore the entire combo has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since Bandit0627 wins Prize A, he gets to choose an entirely new car and track combo to replace it.

The round that received the second most votes was:
ROUND 1 - Alfa Romeo GIULIA TZ2 carrozzata da ZAGATO CN.AR750106 '65 @Nürburgring GP/F

This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since cmbeal317 gets Prize B, he gets to decide which part of the combo is replaced and what replaces it.

Price C goes to rallywgn81 so he gets any gift car ticket listed here (by posting his selection here on the thread).

Last edited:
Any thoughts on maybe a snail facebook page? Might be another way of getting new members. I wouldnt mind making one. Im just not very computer savvy.

Hooker, I think it hasnt taken off (has been suggested before) as many members wish to stay anonymous.

I'm not necessarily against a facebook page, but I'm not really sure the effort is worth it. I've seen other organization here with a facebook account, and there are usually only a handful of "likes", meaning not that many people follow the page. However, if any of you guys has the drive and motivation to manage a facebook page properly (updated frequently with new and interesting content), then please let me know! :)

Back