◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,417 comments
Bandit. Drifting is far easier to look good at then racing. Especially with the ds3. Don't have to be as accurate hitting braking points or apexes. You can mess up a corner and still come out looking good.

I personally think I suck at drifting I have only ever tuned two decent drift cars a BMW z4 '08(or '06, I can't remember...) and a VW golf R '10 and they are pretty easy for me to use, but for me I can save a corner a lot better when racing then I ever can drifting! Which does sound weird, then when you loom at it, I save most of my racing turns usually by drifting... so I guess its more opinion its just mine that seems racing is easier!

P.S. going to eat some breakfast and am going to do some testing for combos! Because of the recent discussions on picking combos and them agreeing with everyone I will let a couple(2-3) people help decide. Just pm me before noon est!

Last edited:
Bandit. Drifting is far easier to look good at then racing. Especially with the ds3. Don't have to be as accurate hitting braking points or apexes. You can mess up a corner and still come out looking good.

This is true, drifting is a lot of fun even if you don't really know how to. I started last week and I've been hooked ever since, the feeling of getting a great drift is awesome.

I was thinking we should make a drifting event for Fridays, what do you guys think about this idea?

This is true, drifting is a lot of fun even if you don't really know how to. I started last week and I've been hooked ever since, the feeling of getting a great drift is awesome.

I was thinking we should make a drifting event for Fridays, what do you guys think about this idea?

I love the idea! I like then fact that we could all get together in a variety of vehicles and just......... drift!

Before finding SNAIL, I was predominantly a drifter, and an occasional shuffler. Just now am I getting good enough to drift well with the g27. In between semesters I would love to get some drifting/touge going again.

Before finding SNAIL, I was predominantly a drifter, and an occasional shuffler. Just now am I getting good enough to drift well with the g27. In between semesters I would love to get some drifting/touge going again.

I was the exact same way... always looking for those clean lounges! Except I occasionally dragged too...

Question: if I choose a time change track do I get to pick the time or is it just random? Just thought I would ask

Last edited:
We haven't done weather and/or time change because the conditions have to be the same across all five divisions. If the conditions are not the same, then the data is skewed or useless for that combination.

Just quick update. I will not be around to be able to do D5 data for the next few weeks. I have some personal issues that i need to take care of and will not be able to get on my ps3. I have 9 heirniated/ruptured discs in the thorasic part of my spine that i will be going thru several surgeries over the next few months to correct the issue. So I will be out commission for the next few weeks as the first stage happens tomorrow afternoon.

OUCH! Good luck and a speedy recover Fox.

I have quickly learned how pain can drive anger and impatience in a person. So I went on monday to talk to a surgeon as i woke and got out of bed i could not feel my feet, and havent been able to since then. I been dealing with for over 7 years and just cant do it anymore.. I think going back to the gym has made it worse. But its what i need to do to be able to enjoy my daughters life as she grows up.

Indeed. Back pain is the worst! I have degenerative discs, but haven't had any flair up since switching jobs to a more mundane office job. Good luck fox, w we'll be holding your spot, so no worries. Maybe you can find a wheeled controller!
Something like this!
0089655700350_500X500.jpg

Then you can race from the comfort of your bed!

Last edited:
We haven't done weather and/or time change because the conditions have to be the same across all five divisions. If the conditions are not the same, then the data is skewed or useless for that combination.

100% weather, 100% wet track, 0 changeability....same track conditions every lap. I presume for the time change, it would be a case of picking what time to start and how quick the time goes.

Indeed. Back pain is the worst! I have degenerative discs, but haven't had any flair up since switching jobs to a more mundane office job. Good luck fox, w we'll be holding your spot, so no worries. Maybe you can find a wheeled controller!
Something like this!
0089655700350_500X500.jpg

Then you can race from the comfort of your bed!

Found one on ebay and it is on its way....

100% weather, 100% wet track, 0 changeability....same track conditions every lap. I presume for the time change, it would be a case of picking what time to start and how quick the time goes.

Racing in the rain would be interesting...also doing one at night, just not the two combined or it would be mayhem. :lol:

Question: if I choose a time change track do I get to pick the time or is it just random? Just thought I would ask

See Tez's remark

Time at 21:00 with 1 for change and all tracks will be at the same time with no noticable change within 10 minutes (or hours). Same with weather. it can all be set to be the same across all divisions. I jsut figured we havent raced night/weather because no one thought too and I haven't won prize a or b...

I love the idea! I like then fact that we could all get together in a variety of vehicles and just......... drift!

Now everyone listens? :lol: I'd be down for that! 👍

Okay fellas, I've added a Drifting Event under Friday's long list of proposed events. It's up to you guys to determine whether or not this will become an actual event. :)

SNAILs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

do we have any banner makes, photoshop types around that I could make some requests?

Okay fellas, I've added a Drifting Event under Friday's long list of proposed events. It's up to you guys to determine whether or not this will become an actual event.
Right on! alright youz three, we should team up and Make this happen. we can do a drift clinic of sorts for those looking to learn drifting, as well as set up some tandems and such. a good Funday Friday event. With 4 of us heading it up, we should be able to cover the work load reasonably well. Sound good?

SNAILs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

do we have any banner makes, photoshop types around that I could make some requests?

What do you mean "banner makes, photoshop types?" I am sort of confused as to what you are talking about!

Right on! alright youz three, we should team up and Make this happen. we can do a drift clinic of sorts for those looking to learn drifting, as well as set up some tandems and such. a good Funday Friday event. With 4 of us heading it up, we should be able to cover the work load reasonably well. Sound good?

Im down! I can usually always make it on fridays!

Just quick update. I will not be around to be able to do D5 data for the next few weeks. I have some personal issues that i need to take care of and will not be able to get on my ps3. I have 9 heirniated/ruptured discs in the thorasic part of my spine that i will be going thru several surgeries over the next few months to correct the issue. So I will be out commission for the next few weeks as the first stage happens tomorrow afternoon.

Good luck Fast !

Should the first month or so be a training camp? :D I always enjoy teaching people to drift. Plus, when we get really serious we can tandem drift and I definitely need practice on that. :lol: :)

I mean banner makers, makerrrrrssssss. Sorry, was a busy day at work and didnt get to do my normal bit of proofreading. Anyway, I mean a banner makers, someone whom can put togther a banner, like the SNAIL banner on the first page. I need a few commissioned for the new SNAIL video channel.

Back issues are no joke. Good luck to you, man. 👍 Hoping for a quick recovery.

Just a quick little question..is it possible to earn shells if you are not a steward of snail? I know this question is somewhere on the thread just can't find it.

Awesome work Owens! That is sick! 👍

Back