Details kit pre-order Gran Turismo 6 in the Russian store

• Thread starter Dionisiy
  • 102 comments
The likelihood of them not putting something in the game that's on the box is very slim, and even then, it would most likely be included for free later in the game. What does it matter if it's not there at the start? I think we're going to re-think the way games are made. The old days of everything being on the disc are likely behind us, sadly.

Slim, but not that slim considering it was done with their last game.

What does it matter if it's not there from the start? Well, you're buying a product that doesn't deliver what's on the box. If it said "matchmaking to be added at a later date", that would be acceptable. Presumably they used lobbies claiming that it was "matchmaking", just as they used their two seasonal leaderboards as leaderboards. Strictly correct, but I doubt that was what they intended and was more likely put in at the eleventh hour to prevent litigation.

Using the course maker as an example if it happened to not be in the game at release, what about the person who buys the game wanting to play the Course Maker? How long do they wait for a patch before they can claim that they were misled? A week? A month? A year? The release of GT7?

There's a reason there are laws about truthfulness in advertising. You can't say that a car has traction control when it doesn't, but you're thinking about adding it via a software upgrade. Either it's there when you buy the car, or it's a potential future upgrade that may or may not happen and shouldn't be described as part of the basic feature set. I don't see why a game is any different. Advertise what is actually in the game, and outline the additional features which may be added later if need be.

It needs to be very clear what is in the game, and what is on the way, if this is the course they choose to take.

kazunori_yamauchi.png

The 1C site also contains a description of GT6. It's not to be 100% trusted, but I think it's still worth posting here. Translating:
Gran Turismo 6 game description:

Gran Turismo 6 is the newest version of the most popular game for PlayStation. GT6 for PlayStation®3 not only raises the standards of realism in racing games, but also offers new tracks and cars, and an improved interface.

Gran Turismo 6 game features:

- At the moment of the game release, the number of cars in it will be 1200 - from retro cars to revolutionary concept cars by the leading manufacturers, e.g. Ferrari, Lamborghini and Bugatti.

- Gran Turismo 6 will have seven new circuits added, including the legendary British Silverstone. The game will have 33 tracks in total, and the number of their variations will reach 71.

- An improved track editor will let the players create their own racing tracks in Andalucia and other scenic locations.

- Compete with opponents from around the world. Stay online using enhanced abilities for interaction with other devices, and additional functions for communication with the community of players.

Digital bonuses included by Gran Turismo 6 Anniversary Edition:

- 20 unique cars with a special anniversary styling

- 1 million in-game credits

- racing costume and helmet

- PlayStation Network avatar

Please note that product specifications are subject to change without notice.
Source: http://www.1c-interes.ru/catalog/all6963/17175162/ (Russian)

That version of the pack is not the official one, therefore the info on the back of box should not be taken as gospel.

The confirmed, approved Russian editions (and corresponding content) are these ones:

http://www.gran-turismo.com/ru/products/gt6/preorder/

Any other extras, it's just the retailer going rogue by their own initiative.

Not official, as in it's made by someone other than Sony or PD? Even though we can clearly see both the Sony and Polyphony Digital logos on it?

Do you have any evidence that would suggest that it's not official? Because it sure appears to be a genuine pre-order item from the manufacturer to the extent of including Sony PSN codes and GT branded collectables, which puts any information it contains at about the same level as an official press release or brochure.

Thanks for the better quality photos, Denis. :)

The confirmed, approved Russian editions (and corresponding content) are these ones:

http://www.gran-turismo.com/ru/products/gt6/preorder/

Any other extras, it's just the retailer going rogue by their own initiative.
Again, don't confuse the GAME and the PRE-ORDER PACK, they're different things. What you're showing are Russian editions of the game, what me and Dionisiy are talking about is the pre-order package.

Thanks for the better quality photos, Denis. :)

Again, don't confuse the GAME and the PRE-ORDER PACK, they're different things. What you're showing are Russian editions of the game, what me and Dionisiy are talking about is the pre-order package.

I am aware of the difference, and I should have probably specified that in my first post, but the main point that should come across is that such "pre-order pack" contains info that will not be on the "real" retail box, therefore they should not be taken as valid unconditionally.

I also apologise that I can't provide any hard proof, but as some here know already, I am only trying to avoid any future disappointments.

I also apologise that I can't provide any hard proof, but as some here know already, I am only trying to avoid any future disappointments.

Sounds like you're covering for PD's mistakes before they even happen. Shall we just assume that nothing they say about the game is true?

So we don't need buy Anniversary Edition, because Standard edition + Preorder pack have almost the same content for unlocking in game, except PSN avatars and GT suit, helmet, paint chips.

Last edited:
So we don't need buy Anniversary Edition, because Standard edition + Preorder pack have almost the same content for unlocking in game, except PSN avatars and GT suit, helmet, paint chips.
Except also the "Adrenaline" car pack (Cizeta V16T, Mercedes SLS AMG GT3, Ford Focus ST, Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe and TOYOTA 86 GT).
I want that Shelby so I think I will be buying the Anniversary Edition as well. :)

Back