Maintenance Notice

• Thread starter JER_CREST
  • 111 comments
Dammit, I guess my room will be closed Monday. It will be worth it if it stops all the hackers.

I'm not gonna hold my breath though.

Coming in and talking about an update. It's a Maintenance Notice at the end of a games life. The odds of an update are insane and when people talk about it we get a slew of comments saying we should get a certain car: Maintenance - Patch - DLC. It gets annoying to see...

It wasn't about you, sorry if it seemed that way. :)

Nothing will come from this maintenance except for maybe a few more bug fixes. If it's another attempt to patch hybrids, then PD should just give up in that department. They won't win.

Coming in and talking about an update. It's a Maintenance Notice at the end of a games life. The odds of an update are insane and when people talk about it we get a slew of comments saying we should get a certain car: Maintenance - Patch - DLC. It gets annoying to see...

It wasn't about you, sorry if it seemed that way. :)

Yet the start/end times of this maintenance fall exactly in line with when updates are released. Example:

Tuesday, July 16th, a maintenance of 2 hours was undertaken from 3am BST to 5am BST, the same times as this maintenance. After this, 2.14 was released. I reckon this patch will end seasonal events amongst other things, but guys there will be no more DLC with GT6 just over a month away.

I know this is probably highly unlikely but do you think the update will be to close down the online servers? I'm guessing that will happen eventually either way.

I know this is probably highly unlikely but do you think the update will be to close down the online servers? I'm guessing that will happen eventually either way.
Nah. Not until PD can be sure that it will be safe to shut down GT5's online servers. That will probably happen not too long after the release of GT6.

Saw this pop-up on my notifications while playing last night; seemed like a routine maintenance notice - maybe a tidy-up of some sort?
Interesting comments here about the GT5 servers being taken off shortly after GT6's release; would that happen, and when? I would think there still would be a large market for GT5 players online.
GT6 may be a whole other cup of tea. Quite possibly there might be players who would play both if there was sufficient difference between the games.

Did I miss something, or did we ever get El Capitan? I can't keep going back to GT4 for that fix.. . .

If it's anything like the Prologue servers, they shut those down about a year after GT5 released. I would assume the same for GT6.

I'm not hoping for an update either, I've retired my GT5 waiting for GT6, so it makes no difference to me.

No. If they did, they would announce it. And GT5P servers were running until June 2011, so I'm expecting GT5 servers to overlap with GT6 for quite some time before it's time to close them.

Yet the start/end times of this maintenance fall exactly in line with when updates are released. Example:

Tuesday, July 16th, a maintenance of 2 hours was undertaken from 3am BST to 5am BST, the same times as this maintenance. After this, 2.14 was released. I reckon this patch will end seasonal events amongst other things, but guys there will be no more DLC with GT6 just over a month away.

What?! No more DLC?! Next thing you'll tell me is there is no Santa Claus!:sly:

What?! No more DLC?! Next thing you'll tell me is there is no Santa Claus!:sly:

Oh trust me. He's real all right!

But hes not the guy you think he prolly is. Hes a big ol' Russian guy who drinks a lot of vodka. That's why there's a mix up with the whole elf and reindeer think. Hes just too drunk to know whats going out and gives out his stuff.

Did i improve upon your childhood?

Nothing really. I expect its going to be exactly as it says...maintenance. (servers) If anyone else is expecting anything more, you're probably going to be disappointed.

Back