◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,773 comments
Rallywagon
I just took a look, I say all three!
Turn one and the bus stop are challenges in most of the cars we have taken there I think. Especially turn 1 though. I LOVE racing this track though for some reason. Some of my early SNAIL memories are on that track. With the Amuse g37(right numbers?) Good times. I think this vette will be a hoot on the track. Isn't this what people have been calling for? High horse power, sports tires and a real track? American muscle on the American track.

Yes yes yes yes! Boom!! 👍

I will try to make practice tonight, but more as a grid filler.

I will be 'off the GT5 grid' Friday through Tuesday.

Can't wait!

The masses like anything that is easy to drive at or close to it's limit. Close racing is produced when most of the field can get about the same out of the car. The racing isn't so close when the car allows for the skill of the individual driver to play more of a part in the outcome of the race.

Quite true. One of the things I tend to like about the trickier cars is that they teach me to drive within my limits. A ~500 PP car with RH tires doesn't really punish stupid risk-taking as much as I'd like.

Of course, the low-PP combos teach me more about wheel-to-wheel racecraft, which is also good. It just can be a fine line between good close racing and a 10-minute train ride.

I will try to make practice tonight, but more as a grid filler.

I will be 'off the GT5 grid' Friday through Tuesday.

Can't wait!

Greetings SNAIls! Is there enough interest to hold formal practice? Last week was pretty 'miller lite'.

Given that the World Series are on :confused:

In any case... I need a host for Blue room. Anyone?

That'll do, pig... Erm.. Uh... That will do, Wolf, that'll do....

(Once I clear it with the Commander in Chief)

After the update you may not have any friends!

If that happens, just join a room, back out and ? Should fix its self.

THE PRACTICE ROOM IS OFFICIALLY OPEN ! Last Sunday's race results are given as a courtesy to all. Sunday Oct 20th please join with your best racecraft the BLUE ROOM:

1472 6681 3158 0103 1728

In the event tha the room gets full we have a contingency plan and will open a 2nd room. RED ROOM:
Will Only Be Open If Blue Gets Full

I am one of those struggling at Daytona with the Vette. I've only made it through turn 1 without losing it maybe twice out of 8 total laps. It definitely has me scratching my head. Either I have to practice a lot between now and Sunday or just be a spectator the final 2 races of the night lol.

Question about Trial Mountain... Do the yellow striped areas before the tunnel and after the long uphill straight count as on-track or off track?

qwietstorm
I am one of those struggling at Daytona with the Vette. I've only made it through turn 1 without losing it maybe twice out of 8 total laps. It definitely has me scratching my head. Either I have to practice a lot between now and Sunday or just be a spectator the final 2 races of the night lol.

Not sure I should be trying to give advice, so take it for what it's worth ;)

I've always found it faster to stay wide turn in and get straight to the start of the tight left hander, then brake. Try to not do any turning at all while at high speed. You can be vulnerable to an inside pass though.

Another but slower way through is to stay a little lower and brake earlier. It's a decent defensive line. Again trying to brake in a straight line at high speed.

To be honest, if I get through turn one any way I can I'm happy :lol:

This drives a lot like the Lotus... Early breaking and very controlled throttle... Not that I did any better but I actually like the Vette much better than the Z... The Z and I just dont get along...:crazy:

bTW... Im not a good director... I don't mind hosting but the usuals were not available. Forgot to set up the room properly as I was rushing last minute.

perhaps next week we can practice in house @ D1. 👍

i like the combos this week but the Z wants to kill me.

Thanks for the advice guys. I'm going to try it again tomorrow night and see what happens. I'm also going to lower my rear brake bias. It might help. At this point I'm almost willing to try anything.

I did some test laps earlier an found that on the back stretch I was changing the brake balance to help me get slowed down enough for turn 1 then immediately changing it again. I was able to succesfully pull turn 1 under hard throttle. The bus stop is where i think a lot of trouble is going to be. because some will be slower on entry but faster on exit.

Alright guys unfortunatelly I wont be racing sunday, iv took more hours at work because the head gaskets about to blow on my car so need to get some pennies together for a new engine.

New engine? For a head gasket? Why not replace it? Unless you drive a honda, I have to imagine that would be cheaper.

Speaking of blowing head gaskets, anyone up for some drifting/touge tonight? I kinda stalled on getting something together due to life conflicts (*fist shake @ school*). But I want to get something consistent going on fridays. I would like to get a nice little SNAIL drift team going. Or at least meet enough that we can get some good tandems going. Fastfox, DA, DW, whatcha think? I'd also like to sell the idea to some of you guys who aren't really interested in drifting. Come out and give it a try. At the very least, it is good car control practice, so you know what to do when that big motored Vette tries to kill you.

Last edited:
Anyone excited about the inclusion of Ayrton Senna content in GT6? GT6 was always a must buy for me, but this raises the bar 👍

Anyone excited about the inclusion of Ayrton Senna content in GT6? GT6 was always a must buy for me, but this raises the bar 👍

Ehh, not really. Names have never sold a thing for me. Besides, Sebby Loeb is in gt5, thats a bigger draw for me. I wonder if they will implement his content in the same manner.

Thanks for the advice guys. I'm going to try it again tomorrow night and see what happens. I'm also going to lower my rear brake bias. It might help. At this point I'm almost willing to try anything.
I have the same problem as you Storm, I do not know why but the only circuit that I can not have a decent track is Daytona. Also need to train to try to learn. Tell me what room you'll be the night to train together.

I have been a been a big fan of GT5 since its release and I just bought a G27 and would like to get serious about SimRacing! After seeing this tread I would really like to join your race club for a better experience!

Back