Unofficial GT5 PS3 Theme: v1.5 IS COMING!

• Thread starter alba
  • 609 comments

Which car should be used for the "new" backgrounds?

• Total voters
Awesome theme! This is the first theme I'm actually considering keeping up! Every other theme I've downloaded is cool for about 10 seconds then I usually end up changing back to the default. Most themes I find to be either too 'loud' or they just don't seem very cohesive or intuitive. This one is perfect! Once again excelent work!

P.S. You should upload it here:

http://www.psu.com/themes.php

It's one of the largest theme databases I've seen thus far!

If you don't have an account there though I suppose I could save you the trouble of registering and upload it myself; with your permission and credits to you though of course :D.

Working fine here on an ancient SD display. The only thing that displays oddly for me is the background; the GTP logo (on the 'P' in Planet is cut by a few px at the bottom) and PD logo are slightly cut off as you can see in the attached image. Other than that, no complaints. You've got a winner with this one. +Rep

i saved th download onto my usb key but the ps3 says there are no themes on it

where is the readme, im really looking forward to this though

First, extract the contents of the *.rar to a folder on your desktop. In there you will see the p3t file, readme, etc.

On your USB key, create a folder named 'PS3' (sans quotations). Within that folder, create a 'THEME' folder. Copy all the files as you see theme in your desktop folder to the THEME folder, plug USB key into PS3, boot up and go to themes and install. Should get on without a hitch.

The readme should be there when you open the .rar (the name is in bold orange text for me)?

INSTALL:
========

Copy the file "albaGT5.p3t" on an USB drive to make it look like this

<USB_ROOT> \PS3\THEME\albaGT5.p3t *SPELLING IS IMPORTANT*

Once that is done, just boot your ps3 with the usbdrive plugged in and
select "Theme Settings" and just install it from there.

Its quite simple to do...

Take you USB key and make a file called PS3

Then inside that PS3 file make another file called THEME

Then inside THEME put the theme file

On your ps3 go to install theme from storage device and it should be there to select!

Hope that helps..

Robin

EDIT - G.T. Beat me to it! đź‘Ť

Z
Working fine here on an ancient SD display. The only thing that displays oddly for me is the background; the GTP logo (on the 'P' in Planet is cut by a few px at the bottom) and PD logo are slightly cut off as you can see in the attached image. Other than that, no complaints. You've got a winner with this one. +Rep

Thanks for the hint, try this one and tell me ;)

i'am completely lost, when i open it win zip comes on and shows me alot of files. I downloaded it onto my desktop but then couldnt open it.......... help please!

Ok ok, I'm uploading a new version with the PS3/THEME folders already done so you just have to drag that on the usbdrive, easier :P

Uploading in a second.

EDIT: it's reuploaded and hopefully this will make things easier for everyone just drag and drop the PS3 folder inside the archive on your USB drive and plug it in the ps3 and install from the "Theme Setting" tabs :)

Ok ok, I'm uploading a new version with the PS3/THEME folders already done so you just have to drag that on the usbdrive, easier :P

Uploading in a second.

Thanks alot, genius is one of those sarcastic ironic names!

Hehe well, i didn't think of doing that until you didn't know how to do it so... 50-50 makes everyone's life easier that way :D

Thanks for the hint, try this one and tell me ;)

The GTP logo in this one is a little higher and displays properly. The PD logo is still cut to the same effect, and I'm just now noticing that there was a GT logo at the far left, although on my TV it still remains cut (I can see about 5px of the right edge).

After further review, I'm noticing that the orientation of my PS3 display is tilted about 3 degrees or so to the south-east side, but my cable displays properly level. I'm not sure what to make of this.

I updated the first page with new links and I added backgrounds with no logos (if you like it better without them) :)

Ok i am still lost! Please tell me what i am doing wrong, i download the link onto my desktop, then i tried to open it but couldn't because it is a rar file, so then i just copied it to my usb key then tried to install it on my ps3 but it keeps saying there are no theme files on it. :confused:

+ rep for anyone that can help me!

Ok i am still lost! Please tell me what i am doing wrong, i download the link onto my desktop, then i tried to open it but couldn't because it is a rar file, so then i just copied it to my usb key then tried to install it on my ps3 but it keeps saying there are no theme files on it. :confused:

+ rep for anyone that can help me!

RAR file. Get it? You need to get WinRAR and extract the file. Then, you can move it to an USB memory thingy. đź‘Ť

Back