emulated GT4 ingame pics

BLUrayno
I don't know if this is old news already but so far the game is almost fully playable..
at least the PAL version is, NTSC only shows garbage if you try to play it on a-spec mode, b-spec and replay modes work though
Sadly, some tracks don't work properly even in the PAL version as seen in the pics.
On top of that, I hear you need a core 2 duo at 3 ghz to get even 40-50fps :crazy:

NTSC:

PAL:

Interesting stuff! Thanks for posting the pics :)👍

Its funny how you would need a PC so much more powerful than a PS2 to get the same level of graphics... Its a good emulation effort though!

Robin

More pics!
I tried playing with the rendering resolution, the default is 1024x1024 which may feel a bit low. You can put in whatever resolution you want, but the program becomes pretty unstable if you enter higher resolutions than the default.
2048x2048 crashes instantly if you try to enter any race but it works elsewhere

It's sad how those 480p and 1080i modes in NTSC version don't work, the emulator actually changes the video mode when you select them but only for a few seconds.

PAL, in native resolution with different de-interlacing options

Resolution of 1600x1200 works pretty nice but the "TV camera" view in replay mode crashes the emu easily

Some 2048x1536 pics

Actually, I use older version of GSDX in "non vu recompiler" mode. PCSX 0.9+GSDX9 0.8, where it still only support fixed pipeline bogus (shader 1.1) Direct3D mode. The image look crispy because I turn off antialiasing.

I want to run newer version, but newer version have artifact in image.

Just now I tried Pcsx2 0.9 Apr 3 2006 and GSdx 0.9.0 with fixed pipeline bogus, it looks like the game is trying to render 3D images at some 16x16 pixel resolution, 2D scenes work fine..

I use unofficial 0.9 beta for that, the one that I use to made hybrid. On version 0.9 The image will look ok if we use interpreter mode, but it is slow and have other kind of artifact :(. It is fixed in 0.91. I use 0.92 if I want faster loading, this one have misplaced poly in the middle of screen.

Do you have latest GSDX plugin that don't require SSE2?

I'm not sure.. that's the only shader 1.1 plugin I've got.
I'm focusing on game play tests now because I finally got it working without crashes :)
Previously the game would always crash if you entered B-spec mode first and then A-spec

Downright unbelievable crispness :drool:
If it's possible and not too much to ask, please upload somewhere your version of the pcsx2 setup and the plugin you're using :bowdown:

Edit: about interpreter mode, I tried it on the emulator version I have but it didn't have any effect.. maybe it's just broken somehow

Yes, I can upload it. But I think you should try to run it with your video card antialiasing turned off first, because the one that I use have wrong color, I have to convert it with irfan view's "swap color - rgb to bgr".

The one that I use is the pre 0.9 version of pcsx2:
pcsx29-050810-sse-vc05b2.exe, recompiler mode
gsdx9 v0.8, linear texture filtering.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/1amqe9
http://www.sendspace.com/file/dne7dl

About interpreter mode, I think you don't need to use it.

BTW, I start collecting car picture in thread:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=102818

It's a widely known problem that antialiasing can't be fully turned off for direct3D, at least with NVidia cards (or just drivers?) so I may be out of luck :(
I'll try to do some extensive googling, there must be someone who knows how to do it..

Thanks for the files and tips :)

It's a widely known problem that antialiasing can't be fully turned off for direct3D, at least with NVidia cards (or just drivers?)
That is weird. I use NVidia card too ?

Default Monitor on NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 460 (Omega KX 1.4523a)

I'll post the difference between antialiasing enabled and disabled later.

Oops, I was wrong, sorry. I try running the 0.92 version (with gsdx v0.9) again and my image quality do not improve much even if I disable antialiasing. The image quality of gsdx version 0.8 is simply much better.

The left using the gsdx ver 0.8. Image taken at 800x600 then resized to 400x300.

I finally got your setup working .. but it's outrageously slow :crazy:
I don't get even one fps, though the program says about 4fps.

The most important plugin was the old spu2null one, I tried using a newer spu2null but it would just crash. Looks like the interlace hack doesn't work either.

Is there no way to fix those colors? Maybe I just have to install irfanview, my old Photoshop doesn't have any kind of color swap option :(

Yes, it is a lot slower :(. try using recompiler mode to make it faster. Why do you need interlace hack?

Yes, I don't aware there are any other application besides irfan view that have swap color 👍.

I just thought that interlace hack would remove interlacing effects, that's why I wanted to try it :lol:
I'm using recompiler already :) interpreter is even slower and recomp+vurec doesn't work
Time to get a new computer..

I see. I don't use the interlacing hack since even at 2048x1536 I don't see any sign of interlacing, image cropped from that resolution:

pcsx2 sure is hardware demanding :(.

BTW, here is a cracked gsdx9v0.8 that will capture 2048x1536 picture if you screen capture at window resolution.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/tlego0

Wicked, thanks! i was already wondering how you can get that resolution out of the v0.8 plugin because it doesn't have internal resolution setting in options :D

Actually, I capture it at 2048x1536 display resolution before I cracked the file. My monitor don't support that resolution but my graphic card can, so I capture while looking at dark screen :lol:.

Back