New Track GT5 - Madrid

• Thread starter netnai
  • 56 comments
Thanks for the links :)👍 Im glad they are adding new tracks from different places all over the world I just hope that this street course doesn't end up looking too PRG'esque! :sly: I would like some GP circuits like Barcelona!

Those pictures in the links look sweet.... The Audi and Ferrari with the Prologue logos on them :crazy:

Robin

I've recently begun to love Spain for some of the old world architecture. Never met anyone from Spain personally, but being able to race in Spain would be amazing. Maybe this could be the hint when GT4 got the lone Seat that Spain could come along to the GT party. I think this is a plus for you European folk because it looks like Kazunori Yamauchi and his PD team look to offer more European influence along with its native Japanese.

Let me just talk about Madrid. Madrid is a very lovely city from what I've seen in pictures. I am a bit surprised Barcelona (which is also a very beautiful city) wasn't selected, but it doesn't mean I hate Madrid. I can best think of places like Madrid and even Seville (home to a huge and beautiful cathedral). I don't know much about cities like Valencia, though. I've recently gotten into Spain. It's still going to be great to race in Spain. PD may even just bring over Valencia from Tourist Trophy and use the hell out of it for all kinds of races. Having Ferrari and such only adds to the appeal of racing on the streets of Madrid in GT5. This should be a wonderful experience. I don't care if they bring in cities like Florencia (Italy), Shanghai, Perth, Sydney, Rio de Janerio, Athens, or even (house call to Dave A) Manchester... GT5 is only going to get better with time. Can't wait to see new videos and pictures of Gran Turismo's first Spanish course (Tourist Trophy had Valencia, and TT is not GT).

I don't mind to have as many city tracks as PD wants to put in the game, but what I really want is more circuits (permanent or using public roads, but real ones, and with historical background preferably).

PD, if you don't mind, and since you gave us the Nurb and Le Mans in GT4, please don't forget ... SPA-FRANCORCHAMPS!

(and many others :D )

I'm VERY cool with Spa-Francorchamps. I wouldn't mind that. One of the world's finest and most challenging race tracks. I also love urban and tropical settings, so I'm very okay with most tracks PD comes up with... only as long as they don't have an embarassing street course like when the Australian V8 Supercars raced the streets of Canberra.

Spa would be an awesome track to have in the GT5. I was disappointed F1 CE didn't have it, since there was no F1 race there in '06.

I'm hoping they bring back the Rome and Grindelwald tracks in addition to bringing in some of these new city courses. Those tracks were favorites of mine in GT2.

hoooooooooooly removed by mod, a signed gt5 prologue copy, by the MAN himself.. i would pay 100s of dollars for gt5 signed by him (or a g25 wheel)

sickk!!!!...This game will give me an euro trip experience....hopefully...as i havent been to europe before =D

I know there are a lot of people who think PD is so pro-Japan. With all this European influence in GT5 as well as the inclusion of some more European cars and tracks, does this kind of change your perception some about the Gran Turismo series as a whole? Keep in mind that the Top Gear material is also a big factor in more European content as well as the first-ever GT venues in the United Kingdom in the franchise's ten years.

More Formula 1 cars? I'm guessing these will be older Ferraris?

As for the street course, hopefully PD can create a streetcourse on par of SSR11, though their hands will be tied by having to use real routes. The london street track appears to be very dissapointing, hopefully this one won't be.

I'm only just getting into racing (specifically F1, ALMS, Motorcycle racing [the kind that just raced Valencia], tarmac rallies, and whatever touring car races I see on Speed), so can someone explain to me the importance of Spa? I checked out a map of it and the layout looks pretty good, but what's it so famous for?

The london street track appears to be very dissapointing, hopefully this one won't be.

I can't understand why they did London track so short and boring, why they didn't use two London bridges to join the two interesting riverside sections. Big regret.

I'm only just getting into racing (specifically F1, ALMS, Motorcycle racing [the kind that just raced Valencia], tarmac rallies, and whatever touring car races I see on Speed), so can someone explain to me the importance of Spa? I checked out a map of it and the layout looks pretty good, but what's it so famous for?

It's just only little bit less famous than Nürburgring Nordschleife. Original track had about 14 km from public roads, now it's under 7. It's long, very fast, it's in perfectly situated location, it has long years of tradition and the beautiful Eau Rouge section itself deserves to be in GT5.

Macau would be a great one to add.. Really challenging!

And they need to do a Hong Kong one which is actually on Hong Kong island... you could literally have a race from one end to another as the road going along the waterfront is totally straight... for like 8 miles! :crazy:

Robin

It's famous because it's one of the historical tracks in Europe. Why it's so good I can't tell, but it's one of those tracks where I don't mind to have long races. Each lap is a chalenge and when you get to know the circuit well, you have great fun with it.

More Formula 1 cars? I'm guessing these will be older Ferraris?

As for the street course, hopefully PD can create a streetcourse on par of SSR11, though their hands will be tied by having to use real routes. The london street track appears to be very dissapointing, hopefully this one won't be.
Personally I quite like the London track, yes it is short, but is nice and technical and suits a very different range of cars to the other tracks in GT5:P.. I'm certainly not disapointed by it, particulalry getting a good time out of a TVR with Pro physics on and ABS off shows how different a challenge it is.

Spa is one of the oldest race tracks in Europe and has a massive F1 history, it also has, in Eau Rouge, one of the single most challenging corners of any track in the world. A true test of both car and driver, particularly in F1, is to take Eau Rouge flat out. The circuit itself also has an excellent range of differeing corner types and good elevation changes (had to find on modern F1 circuits).

Regards

Scaff

Spa is an amazing track, it would be great to have it in GT5. As for the London track, yeah I like that too, it's isn't long but I'm sure I've read a quote form Kaz soemwhere that the track in GT5:P is the short version and there will be a longer version in GT5.

Spa is "OMG :embarrassed:" BUT I'd still looooove to see Bathurst. If there could only be one Aussie track that would be it.

Onto the topic at hand A spanish track sounds good but I would've thought if anything Catalunya would've been selected or Valencia. Even still.... I can't wait lol

Why are much longer tracks more favored than Grand Prix-style courses? As far as Madrid being on par with Special Stage Route 11, I don't think that's too realistic considering Madrid is a European-style place as opposed to an urban paradise.I still remember all the ones that say that the Seoul track was so boring in GT4. Does every track need to be extremely long to be interesting? I haven't raced London (I still don't have a PS3 or the money to get one). If you want to race London in a GT-style game, try racing Victoria Garden and Victoria Road in Enthusia. At least have some promise that there could be a longer track as said by Kazunori-san. It would be the first time since GT2 in which street courses have been offered with long and short configurations. The two that best come to mind from GT2 are Seattle and Rome with short and long configurations.

I want insight from you all who either been to Spain or from Spain. Can any of you think of a great series of roads that would make a great race track in Spain's capital?

Cool, europe is getting little more extention :) Only been to Barcelona, there were some pretty awesome streets their :)

@JohnBM01: Well different track layouts would be good, but a track with 6 corners (seoul) is not very 'different' where longer tracks need you to switch more between how to make the corners, longer tracks i find more fun but not too many nurnburg ring nordschleife(?)s please. haha took me ages to learn that track. I would love to have Rome back in the series, really liked that circuit.

*waits for a amsterdam street circuit*

I am happy to hear about any new course really, although street courses have generally been some of the flashiest but not really my favorites. I just hope they are/have making Bathurst (mt panorama), Spas etc.

Why are much longer tracks more favored than Grand Prix-style courses? As far as Madrid being on par with Special Stage Route 11, I don't think that's too realistic considering Madrid is a European-style place as opposed to an urban paradise.I still remember all the ones that say that the Seoul track was so boring in GT4. Does every track need to be extremely long to be interesting? I haven't raced London (I still don't have a PS3 or the money to get one). If you want to race London in a GT-style game, try racing Victoria Garden and Victoria Road in Enthusia. At least have some promise that there could be a longer track as said by Kazunori-san. It would be the first time since GT2 in which street courses have been offered with long and short configurations. The two that best come to mind from GT2 are Seattle and Rome with short and long configurations.

I want insight from you all who either been to Spain or from Spain. Can any of you think of a great series of roads that would make a great race track in Spain's capital?
Long GP-style tracks are better because to me, a couple of drag strips linked by hairpins - ie Seoul - doesn't reall qualify as a circuit. I mean, in six corners, one was a right-hander and the rest were all lefts. Sure, you could say Seoul is a speedbowl, but we already have High Speed Ring and Clubman for that. Probably the most difficult thing about Seoul is working out how to take the second-last corner flat-out. Everything else has plenty of run-off, and the first turn is too difficult to take at speed. It's not a racing circuit and it's not challenging when you spend the bulk of the lap at full throttle.

A true test of both car and driver, particularly in F1, is to take Eau Rouge flat out.

10 years ago, sure. These days it’s too easy. I think Pouhon is far more challenging. IMO easily the best corner in modern F1.

I read somewhere - cann't remember where - that there will be a longer version of the London track in GT5.

Wasn't there a track in Rome in GT3?

I read somewhere - cann't remember where - that there will be a longer version of the London track in GT5.

Yes that was in one of the receent interviews with KY.

Wasn't there a track in Rome in GT3?

Yes, GT3 has Rome (long), GT2 had Rome long and Rome short.

Back