April 15: minor update confirmed

secret
secret
Hi,

Today Polyphony Digital confirmed there gonna be a minor update for the Japanese Gran Turismo 5 Prologue Spec II (that means the PAL should get it as well!). It is scheduled for Tuesday April 15 in the evening Japan time. :)

Details will be given on due time but do not expect a major update they said it's gonna fix things. Also they're going to reset Ranking and Key Assign again :(

I'm looking forward to get details on the BIG ONE bringing Peugeot cars and stuff. Will it come on April 17 with the game's release on the US PS Store? Who knows...

I wonder if they will ever update it before GT5 with a basic photomode attached. I miss snappin' pics.

^ That would be great, and really add to this whole forum. 👍

I wonder if the US game will have that small update already saved on the disc. When I buy the game, All i wanna do is pop it in, DL to HDD and play right away and not to worry about patches for a while :).

I wonder if the US game will have that small update already saved on the disc. When I buy the game, All i wanna do is pop it in, DL to HDD and play right away and not to worry about patches for a while :).

I hope for you it does, because i popped it in (EU PAL) and needed to install it, and do two upgrades with it, took about hour and a half to start it up, but after that you're off ;)

I'm sure it wont, but it's not so bad downloading updates. Plus I'm sure this one will be small. Just be sure to buy the game on the disk if you don't want to bother with hours upon hours of downloading and crashes.

I wonder if they will ever update it before GT5 with a basic photomode attached. I miss snappin' pics.

Had a look at your pics, man they are nice!! If this is coming from Gt4, your GT5 pictures are going to be stunning... :-)

Here! Here! This was the part I was looking forward to the most! I've only managed a few 'stolen' shots from the showcase with my DSC. Lets hope they slipstream a photomode update in some time. 👍

lets put ontop of that it would be fantastic to be able to save your reply data as a video file on to the HDD if you want so you can send to a mate.

I can assure you that the US version will get this "update" also. Except, it won't be an "update" as we know it now, it will be simply part of the whole network installation package. If the update came out a couple of days or even a day after the US version hits shelves, then I would call it a true "update".

Those that are buying the US version as their first Prologue, they won't realize the new content is "new", it won't be new to them. But, it will be new to us because we know what' already there.

With the leaking of the F1, I think PD and Sony are going to be more tight lipped and modest about details they allow to slip through the cracks.

Resetting user button config aswell.

Typical right after I have just set up the real time option on my DFP :irked:

Back