Funny, irritating and crazy things online...

• Thread starter Fyshokid
  • 43 comments

Fyshokid

Some guy
Premium
Denmark
Denmark
Fyshokid
So, I wanted to make a thread where you could write your, as the thread name points to, funny, irritating or crazy stories from online racing...
So... No talking about how crappy online is or penalty system (Except if it has a big role in your story) is ****, just write your experiences from online racing

I'll start off...

Some days ago I had a online race on Fuji F in my GT-R (As always). I was racing down the big straight, when me and some other guy driving a 599 overtook a Elise on each our side. When braking to the first corner (While I was in front of the other guy (But I saw he was braking)), suddenly he came flying off into the distance and I was pretty sure it was the Elise driver. At the second corner I then braked when he (The Elise driver) hit me, making me loose some places...

PS: I searched for a thread like this but couldn't find one.

Your turn!:)

Last time I play GT5P was Spec I still.
So I was having my First race ever, On Daytona oval. It was me in a SL55 and other person in a GTR. In the middle of race we were head to head, if I spin out, he waited for me to catch up. Once we were about 1/4 mile to finish he then HIT the brakes and stopped just before it. I did the same. He wanted for me to win but I wanted him to win. So I try to Hit his car though the Finish but when I did His car would go Invisible, or was it my. Then I went back a lot, Center on him, Hit Gas so i could punch him through the finish, but instead his car went GHOST and Making me on 1st place.

Was online last night on High Speed ring, driving down the long stretch, when this dude tried to push me of the road. I was driving my Tuned EVO IX, he was driving a, (guess what?) tuned Elise. He constantly rammed me while I was passing, then suddenly I hit the brakes, resulting in him missing my car and spinning of the track like a mad man. He quit the race just after... sad, really. :)

Happened last night:
I was racing prof. level online with the new GTR at Fuij F. I took the lead from the beginning and by the end of the first lap, I was about four seconds ahead. Speeding full throttle and preparing for braking for the first corner.. NO BRAKES!! And the gas was jammed at full revs and also the gear box had jammed at sixth gear. Straight over the sand trap and then the BIG "meeting" with the wall... Seriously, I was shocked!
After the crash, everything worked normally again. Of course, I had lost the lead. I parked my car off the track and waited until the race was over.
After the incident I had about fifteen races, this never happened again..

Thanks for sharing my darkest hour. :nervous:

Happened last night:
I was racing prof. level online with the new GTR at Fuij F. I took the lead from the beginning and by the end of the first lap, I was about four seconds ahead. Speeding full throttle and preparing for braking for the first corner.. NO BRAKES!! And the gas was jammed at full revs and also the gear box had jammed at sixth gear. Straight over the sand trap and then the BIG "meeting" with the wall... Seriously, I was shocked!
After the crash, everything worked normally again. Of course, I had lost the lead. I parked my car off the track and waited until the race was over.
After the incident I had about fifteen races, this never happened again..

Thanks for sharing my darkest hour. :nervous:

OUCH!!! Had some troubles resembling those when I used the SixAxis and my cellular rang. The car started to weaver all over the place with brakes and accelerator blipping! Hilarious! All DFP from that day.

Was online last night on High Speed ring, driving down the long stretch, when this dude tried to push me of the road. I was driving my Tuned EVO IX, he was driving a, (guess what?) tuned Elise. He constantly rammed me while I was passing, then suddenly I hit the brakes, resulting in him missing my car and spinning of the track like a mad man. He quit the race just after... sad, really. :)

I knew you ganna slam your brakes! haha Nicely done.
I think the dude playing thought this was Motorstorm.

This happened in Spec I

I clipped this guy at the beginning of the 3rd lap @ Eiger :dunce: .
So I pulled over ( basically stopped) on the outside of the second turn to let him back past . Was this the wrong thing to do ???

I think it must have been as the
Numpty parked his Golf directly across my nose
So I reversed. He pulled away so of I go then he starts brake checking & doing little handbrake slides in front of me ( right infront of me ) Even before tun 3.
This continued for the whole of the lap. I stayed in 2nd gear trying my best not to hit him. Which I managed to avoid
Passed him beginning of lap 4 so he turns around drives the wrong way trying to ram me.

Last night on HSR, after the tunnel, one guy, pushed me to the pitlane.....It made me laugh, I got a 4 sec. penalty, but I wallrid the pitlane and beat him.

This happened in Spec I

I clipped this guy at the beginning of the 3rd lap @ Eiger :dunce: .
So I pulled over ( basically stopped) on the outside of the second turn to let him back past . Was this the wrong thing to do ???

I think it must have been as the
Numpty parked his Golf directly across my nose
So I reversed. He pulled away so of I go then he starts brake checking & doing little handbrake slides in front of me ( right infront of me ) Even before tun 3.
This continued for the whole of the lap. I stayed in 2nd gear trying my best not to hit him. Which I managed to avoid
Passed him beginning of lap 4 so he turns around drives the wrong way trying to ram me.

Probably one of those who will walk up to you, knock you down, and accuse you of ramming his fists with your face. Just ignore them.

I was driving on the high speed ring reverse the other day. I was 2nd on the last bend. As i got round the last corner i could see the elise guy approaching, so i stayed right so he could pass on the left. But for some strange reason he decided to ramm me into the pits. I got a collision penalty and he spun out lol. If he didn't ram me, he would have came second. I had a good laugh afterwards.

Probably one of those who will walk up to you, knock you down, and accuse you of ramming his fists with your face. Just ignore them.

Yeah it was just funny.

I also find the people who out brake themselves / or don't bother to brake at all hilarious.

You see them approaching in the rear view the next thing you see is their ghosted car sliding off the track into the kitty litter. As you take the corner as usual thinking. HA better luck next time chump :sly:

I was stuck in 3rd place desperatly trying to catch up to make a move on 1st and 2nd. Got to corner 1 of London track and the fourth place guy rammed me so hard I got pushed really fast past positions 1 and 2.
Those guys must have thought I had Nitro or something LOL!

I was stuck in 3rd place desperatly trying to catch up to make a move on 1st and 2nd. Got to corner 1 of London track and the fourth place guy rammed me so hard I got pushed really fast past positions 1 and 2.
Those guys must have thought I had Nitro or something LOL!

Payback (to some random guy) gone wrong!:lol:

I had this similar experience too:dopey:

A friend of mine just did all the abc classes and called me to come over to tune a couple of cars for online gaming (he waited until the tuning option came free to go online). So I went to him and after tuning the GT-R a bit we started online. He knows I'm such a GThead so he let me do the first race. i started to explain him (wich GTp knowledge from here in my head) how you best defend yrself by chosing lines and still keep an eye out for stupid drivers...

a couple of seconds later i got rammed fully in the side in turn one of fuji F.
a red elise 111r driver. I was 5th and he now 4th. I completely start to focus my concentration on him. for two laps i stayed behind him pretending i could just keep up, with him swerving all over the place and hitting two more drivers out of control... he was now in second and me tirth. Last lap comes up and i slipstream past him on the right on the straight, he instantly swings to the side i try to pass him by, but i was prepared... I slammed on the brakes for a second, shifted back to fourth, swinged to the left and gave it full throttle. He flew by wright in front of me and smashed into the pit, turned around and started doing the race backwards, driving the wrong way:dopey: Probably totally pissed that I knew what he was doing and he couldn't outsmart me, haha!
I then carried on and had a great fight with first place and 3th and 4th were good racers again, not some stupid rammers.

The race after that he was there again, and yes, he was now focussed on me... Kept on hitting me....Second lap, end of straight he slings himself wright in my back instead of slinging himself past me after a slipstream... I decided to brake 100mtrs earlier:). It blew him away by hitting me in the back but him losing control instead of me. I then braked some more and stood there watching at him trying to recover from the sand. When he was almost out I put on full throttle never to see him again. He couldn't race so he wanted to push'n win... I made it clear to him this wasn't in my book:idea:

And now I'm not alone anymore, my friend is now also a "Justice racer" as we called it

Had some good fun that night making other so called racers feeling like the child they are!!

@speedthrill.
I once did the same with a smasher who clearly was not able to handle his car around the HSR, or so I thought... At one point I decided to pass him when he was losing it again. He let me pass, but from then on was all of a sudden perfectly able to keep up with me the remainder of the race and on the very last straight he rammed me into the pitlane. :(

I was driving well on suzuka and i had been in the lead for 2,5 laps.
But on the long straight in the last lap my pedal was acting weird, so i had to unplug it and plug it in again.
This resulted in the viper who was in second place to slipstream and pass me, and there wasn't enough time to overtake him again :(
Really frustrating, because i should have won

Driving on the HSRing, again (man, I love that track...), two Elises were battling it out in front of me. Then suddenly they started to drive one on each side down the long stretch, leaving 40 ft of space in the middle. I, who usually is a modest guy, then drove past in my Tuned Corvette. Must have pissed them of, because they deliberately rammed me of the track breaking into the 170 km/h first left-hand. Some german called Woppie something... Beware! The other guy, Jorge something, might have been innocent. He got caught out as well.

But, I did not quit! Finished and collected my money and some more driving experience.

Sounding Darth Vaderish: Must finishhhhh, must finnnnnissssshhhh! :)

@speedthrill.
I once did the same with a smasher who clearly was not able to handle his car around the HSR, or so I thought... At one point I decided to pass him when he was losing it again. He let me pass, but from then on was all of a sudden perfectly able to keep up with me the remainder of the race and on the very last straight he rammed me into the pitlane. :(

ah that's a shame... But they seem to grow smarter too... Outsmarting us, how can they!! Watch out fellow racers, the danger on the streets is growing :embarrassed:

Yup! Some of them know exactly where to ram you so that you get a penalty!

That's just plain SAD.
Taking the time to work that out Pathetic.

I guess that's part of the difference between racing and just playing a game

Sometimes you are in first place and then you get rammed by number 2 and 3. They overtake you, yet they are still fighting.
Then you come back and take revenge on them or sometimes they fukk themselves over and you win!
-Glorious

I always like to cross the finish line backwards!
I slide the car around!
Immature? You betcha!
It's fun to see number 2 driving to the finish line!

Mario kart online system smokes polyphony's online system.
The online system is so worked out!
But I don't really like mario kart

Don't let the slide around backfire.
I like to do this also, but it wouldn't be the first time that I almost lost my 2,5 second lead because I came to a complete stop just before the finish line :)

For some reason I get a great satisfaction when the person in front of me crashes, but not because i've hit him, but because of me driving in his shadow for like 2 laps keeping the pressure on him very high :)
And i had to, because he had a slightly faster car and i couldn't pass him without hitting him, so i stayed right on his tail, waiting for a big mistake.

yeah, those are the moments Gran turismo pays off bigtime, i had this tonight...

For the first time in my GTP experience I used my wheel setup, man it was a joy, had great lap battles with M4rcus-GT (ES)... It feels like real sometimes

I had a pretty good race until the idiot infront of me tried blocking me, I attempted to swerve and pass him and behold the idiot behind me in his Ford GT rammed me from behind causing me to spin and finish last... :(

some thoughts:

funny - why does some people always start in the right side of the track, at a low speed? did they hit pause or something? anyone can relate to this? its really weird.

irritating - people quiting after a single mistake. i mean, get real folks.

irritating 2 - i still keep starting in last. no matter what, no matter the race. always last. i have the japanese version and i live in brazil, so, terrible ping. is that the reason? starting always in last in such a short race makes it difficult to win.

crazy - i can't believe how many times i looked like a jack*** on the track, saying to myself "sorry, i didn't expect that" or "did he understood that i couldn't avoid or he thinks i'm a cheater?"

countless times you see people stoping in front of you, taking bad lines, braking early, changing lines for no reason... and you end up hitting them. i feel really bad about this, but it's hard to stop. then, the bouncy physics don't help: sometimes you hit someone just slighly, at 50kph or so, but sends them in the sand...

and you end up just thinking... "my bad, wasn't my intention, where's the mic so i can say that?"

one more crazy thing: tonight a guy was driving a suzuki cervo in the suzuka 700pp race.

i mean, :lol:

Funny: Me driving for the first time on Fuji Expert PP700 in my Tuned Corvette this morning.

First race: Whoopsie-Daisy! Bambi on ice. Should have changed my PSN ID after that. SirSpinALot would have been more appropriate.

Second race: I found out I wasn´t the only one. The trio in front coped well. But the three riders behind me were heading for Spin City. I drove it a tad more on the safe side this time around :)

I have seen this a few times before, but it is still very weird: I'm having a ball racing from place 11 to 2nd and number one, just in front of me, is doing quite well. But he/she is also having a very bad connection. Ghosting all over the place (into the walls, on the grass, in front of me, behind me, etc), quite frustrating. At one point I felt safe enough to pass this ghosting car, but he took me out immediately and shunted me into the grass and barriers on Daytona Road Course. I felt a bit like the three monkeys: see no evil, hear no evil, (what is the 3rd one, talk no evil??) :crazy:
He had me in his sights all the time....

Back